By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-18 11:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-18 17:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Jp get to the line, europe drops the ball. Then we drop it more. JP claw it back. Repeat Repeat Repeat.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-18 17:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Eiryl discovers that there are more JP players than NA / EU players.
By SimonSes 2023-12-18 18:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Eiryl discovers that there are more JP players than NA / EU players.

..and proceed to translate his gil selling advertisement to JP.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-18 23:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless people seriously bail at silver this is probably how it'll look till the end. Close. But fail. And then they'll add the last 100k so we "barely make it"

But if the people DO bail, then it'll be hilarious.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-19 05:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

+83k
By ilugmat 2023-12-19 05:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
Asura.Iamaman said: »
I just can't even comprehend what they were thinking

Easy: the initial goal was set by an intern who looked at player numbers but had no idea that bots, multiboxers, and people with 16 dormant characters are so rampant.

In the past 5-6 months lots of extremely hardcore players have left, or gone into hybernation. we all know this. At the same time, lots of new players have come in due to the XIV announcement.

As such player numbers look pretty consistent, but the player losses of hardcore people are being covered by these new players in sparks gear.

What this indicates is Fujito is completely oblivious as to what is happening in the community, which is worrying for when all these XIV players leave and go back to XIV in the next 4-5 months.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-12-19 07:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

ilugmat said: »
What this indicates is Fujito is completely oblivious as to what is happening in the community, which is worrying for when all these XIV players leave and go back to XIV in the next 4-5 months.

If #FujitoRuinedTheGame, then it's done and there is nothing any of us can do about it. No one has a direct line to anyone important at SE to express that worry. They have a feedback thread for Vana'Bout which probably won't fix most of the issues the game faces. It's on Fujito to put in the effort if he wants this game to continue. Feel free to cheer him on since he's the only one that has any ability to affect positive change.

Edit: Did they only ask for Feedback on the English side of the official forums? I can't quickly find a JP post for it. Did their JP fandom burn them to the ground so hard lately that they want to talk to us?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-19 07:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

They did only make an NA feedback thread. JP have a thread, just not an official one.

JP Thread
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-12-19 11:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I found myself lost interest after few days. Bronze tier is potentially the best for me anyway, since I don't really need deeds.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-19 12:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Since my characters are in the resetting phase of deeds now, I looked at that column and it seems like no matter where you are in that cycle, 100 deeds includes something good (Mars/Venus Orb, Pandemonium Key, Abdhaljs Sealx3, etc.) so I see the 100 deeds as basically being a mars and a venus or 2xMars, plus whatever other ancillary rewards along the way.

Definitely going for that tier at least to get those items, but TBH I'll probably finish the last few days as well, to help push the number up and hope for the cross-server stretch goals.
 Shiva.Myamoto
Server: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2023-12-19 12:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Much like Simon, I lost interest after 300 plaudits. I'm a lockstyle fanatic unfortunately so the ethereal weapon nonsense was the only thing I wanted.

But as stated by so many others, the concept was great... the rewards are just trash. They could have made the 1300 plaudit reward far more desirable with so many valuable options to choose from or new things to implement that in general the playerbase would have grinded without hesitation.

On a side note...the idea that 100 deeds is somehow a mid tier reward vs the high tier reward still boggles my mind. 100 deeds is equivalent to 3 months of actively doing deeds. That is by far the most valuable reward out of everything on there lol.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-19 12:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If the RoE's were actually party friendly, I'd be more inclined to participate. Its hilarious that they use congestion as an excuse, then cater the event, run in an instanced area with limited spots, to being done solo.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2023-12-19 14:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

RL and waning interest after I realized I was past 300 plaudits made me just shy of gold if I understand things right.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-19 17:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Was being too generous with rounding 56 updates not 60 changes the scale. 109k each update, not 101k
By drakefs 2023-12-19 18:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Myamoto said: »
On a side note...the idea that 100 deeds is somehow a mid tier reward vs the high tier reward still boggles my mind. 100 deeds is equivalent to 3 months of actively doing deeds. That is by far the most valuable reward out of everything on there lol.

If the Exemplar point reward is worth 2.5 months of ML grinding, then I would consider that to be more valuable than a 100 deeds. I doubt the reward is going to be millions of EP though.
 Phoenix.Velicity
user: Lynxx0219
By Phoenix.Velicity 2023-12-19 19:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not the overall Reward match the amount you could get from personal 1300 plautids equals 13,000 EP. soo 4M plautids Overall equals 4 million EP, 1 level or 30 levels depending where you take the EP. I dont see anything wrong with that.

Edit: well would be 40M if it matched the math but 4M would be generous.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-19 19:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sir how are you getting that many plaudits??
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-19 20:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If the exemplar points is more than 10x the personal plaudits you earn, I'll be legit *** shocked.

1300 is the base goal. 13000 is the base reward. Yeah. I don't know why anyone would think it's some crazy *** amount.

....If they do 1 exemplar point per plaudit that the entire pop earned and you get ~5 million exemplar, people will probably riot.
 Phoenix.Velicity
By Phoenix.Velicity 2023-12-19 20:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sir how are you getting that many plaudits??
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/vanabout/

I'll let you figure what Overall reward means.

Click on the Exemplar Points in gold 1300.

it says this:
Exemplar points
* The value changes depending on how many plaudits you earn during the challenge period.
* If you are unable to earn exemplar points, you will receive experience points instead.

There is an overall exp/Ep in the menu as well says 10k atm but maybe that is a placeholder and can change.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-19 20:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess it could be plural *you* as in the whole community earns, but considering it's a personal reward, I'm guessing they mean the plaudits *you* (singular) earn. Like 13,000 EP for 1,300 plaudits, or maybe 130,000 for 1,300
 Phoenix.Velicity
By Phoenix.Velicity 2023-12-19 20:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
I guess it could be plural *you* as in the whole community earns, but considering it's a personal reward, I'm guessing they mean the plaudits *you* (singular) earn. Like 13,000 EP for 1,300 plaudits, or maybe 130,000 for 1,300
this is actaully the reward for the 1300 gold tier. I was refering to the "Overall" key word thats the current 3M plautids. there is a Section for overall reward that has EP/Exp IF this follows the "Personal reward" it could lead to 3M EP/Exp which would be a reason to do this campaign. But as of right now it only says 10K.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-19 21:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Dyna-D / Omen / Sortie / Sheol gives like 1-50 EP per mob.
Peach Power (surprisingly) grants 10k EP per mob present.

And you think VanaBout will grant FOUR MILLION EP? Thats enough to take someone from ML49 to ML50 with a healthy buffer.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-19 21:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Or from ML0-34
 Phoenix.Velicity
By Phoenix.Velicity 2023-12-19 21:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Would Agree that kind of reward would make you more opt to do Vanabout tho? its only 1 Level like you said. or multiple levels if you did a lower level. this kinda of reward would bring people to work together. As far as the objectives the system needs to be more like getting the KI, everyone can help with the objectives instead of the DD's fighting over the skillchains XD and bursts.

Omen Kind of system is the example.
By Shenaniganz 2023-12-19 23:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding content entry items and/or currencies that aren't available via Copper Vouchers as Vanabout rewards seems like a no-brainer. 100 deeds in the middle tier proves they're not entirely against giving us ways to play catchup, so adding low-, mid-, and high-tier currency rewards would definitely incentivize clearing subsequent Vanabouts.

Make currency Kupons, call 'em Mog-Kupon (C-B), Mog-Kupon (C-S), Mog-Kupon (C-G). Redeem them for rewards based on the tiers below (spitballing based on nothing, similar to SE with the initial Vanabout goals).

Bronze = Nyzul Tokens, Therion Ichor, Domain Invasion points, etc.
Silver = Muffins, Segments, Deeds, Escha Beads, etc.
Gold = Moglophone IIs, Moogle Amplifiers, Starstones, etc.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-19 23:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

3,143,460 +80,020

It's funny when you break it down only 800 people did the daily during a 6 hour block. Across 16 servers.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-12-20 06:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Dyna-D / Omen / Sortie / Sheol gives like 1-50 EP per mob.
Peach Power (surprisingly) grants 10k EP per mob present.

And you think VanaBout will grant FOUR MILLION EP? Thats enough to take someone from ML49 to ML50 with a healthy buffer.

I agree that it's a lot versus doing it yourself, but at the same time the lock out is monthly. There are plenty of people who want several jobs ML50 and then there are those that want every job to 50.

Could this possibly motivate people to pay a monthly sub? Yes

kuroki said: »
funny to read the JP thread vs ours, they have more than one person against personal rewards entirely. would explain why their contribution has been more than NA or EU probably, more focused on the group goal and not giving up because the personal rewards suck.

JPs know that humanity is scum and not to be trusted.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 18 19 20