Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-12-16 14:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
EDIT: Alliance Content

The only alliance content that would make sense now would be easy alliance content, more to socialize, than to create a challenge, because majority of people won't have time to min max preparation and control 18 ppl. It would need to be something that can be done even in pug alliance of avg players.

I guess current difficulty level of dynamis D would be a good baseline.

100% agree. Alliance up for more rewards and socializing, not for having to find some elite 18 man on your server that doesn't exist.

I wrote a wall for them. If anyone has comments they also want to share, I can post them. Or they'll ban me for it.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/61335-Feedback-related-to-Vana-Bout
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2023-12-16 14:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The only alliance content that would make sense now would be easy alliance content, more to socialize, than to create a challenge, because majority of people won't have time to min max preparation and control 18 ppl. It would need to be something that can be done even in pug alliance of avg players.

100% agree. Alliance up for more rewards and socializing, not for having to find some elite 18 man on your server that doesn't exist.

I wrote a wall for them. If anyone has comments they also want to share, I can post them. Or they'll ban me for it.

It's simple, they design the content for a party of 6 like usual, but then just allow up to 18 to enter if they all meet the entry qualifications.

And that's it, no need to screw with rewards or scaling or anything to discourage or punish friends casually hanging out.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2023-12-16 15:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

It's simple, they design the content for a party of 6 like usual, but then just allow up to 18 to enter if they all meet the entry qualifications.

And that's it, no need to screw with rewards or scaling or anything to discourage or punish friends casually hanging out.

If they made Sortie 18 man I’d resub.

I get why Ody is 6 man. That’s fine. Albeit 18man Mboze would be hilarious.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-16 16:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Even Gaol can be alliance based with the job restriction.

Jobs cant be used twice and there are 22 jobs.
If you go with 1-7 people, you get 3 tries at a boss
If you go with 8-11 people you get two tries
If you go 12+, youre all in.

Its not complicated.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-16 16:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The above, also for certain NMs once you're past a certain point most jobs will add little/nothing to your chances of success, so I don't think an alliance made up of 18 different jobs would be that great, especially not with the way most people gear their jobs.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-16 16:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The blm standing around watching kalunga die:
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-16 17:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-16 17:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

For all those nostalgia hunters though, this type of content could bring back the BRD song rotation, and maybe even a COR rotation to get rolls on all 3 parties in the alliance.

Would be hilarious to try to get 15 songs up on 3 parties before your nitro wears off.

Still plenty of ***jobs on lots of fights though, like MNK on almost everything, BLM on most fights, most of the melee on the ones that are mage-burns, THF on basically everything, RNG, NIN, SAM on anything blunt-weak. Mobs would get infinite TP from the 10 melee beating on them.

It might be hilarious enough to be worth doing, though I doubt SE would ever actually release it. Maybe in 25 years, the PS community will catch up and release it.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-12-16 17:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
try to get 15 songs up on 3 parties before your nitro wears off.

game's hard capped at 12 total songs+rolls, someone didn't do delve
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-12-16 17:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »

Pretty sure he meant 5 songs on each party.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-12-16 17:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

You can mana wall for the 5 minutes after all the melee wipe themselves with TP feed.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-16 18:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »

Pretty sure he meant 5 songs on each party.

I was referring to 3 different parties, because you can only have a single BRD (job restrictions), so having more than 5 songs would be impossible. Note: I was talking about the BRD song rotations from the old days. I remember on Kirin, DL, some of the Jailers, etc. we would have 3 BRDs rotating around putting their songs on each party in turn, to allow *gasp* 6 songs on the parties!
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-16 19:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Y'all coulda just said "were talking about Gaol", you cant bring more than 1 bard and 1 cor into any Gaol fight.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2023-12-16 19:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ody C - 18 man.

Because why not.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-12-16 19:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I think a more realistic goal for Odyssey is to allow subjobs with a consumable item in Gaol, you buy an item with x amount of RP or segments and you can use it to unlock subjobs for a fight. I doubt they are going to make it alliance content, the only reason I think SJs are a remote possibility is the brief window they bugged Gaol and had them turned on, which makes me think maybe they were testing it at that point.

I don't think A/B/C would have any material impact as alliance content now, so doing that I don't think would have much of a change on the end result people are getting now. Most half efficient groups already clear all but two groups of mobs in the zone and it's not hard to full clear it if your DPS is there and no one screws up or gets unlucky. It'd be nice to not require full efficiency and to help some other players get segments who might otherwise have trouble. I can't imagine what this would do to latency in there though, it's already bad enough and I suspect having 12 other players doing things would make it worse. Maybe not.

Either way, I don't think we can really expect much from them on Odyssey at this point. It's a shame because it seems like content they could scale and grow with new T4s, higher v-levels, etc, but I think they consider v25 the end and I wouldn't expect any balance changes or new additions to it, as much as I wish they would
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-12-16 20:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

Hey Elemental Seal Manawell Impact right during a critical part of the fight!

Could kite an add by spamming stun and abusing manawall magic with defense gear.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-16 22:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, I got a giggle.

Quote:
Is the current achievement rate 42%? Is it on the verge of being achievable?
Personally, I think it's better for all of us to work together to make sure we don't achieve it I think. We cannot allow the management side to experience Mayakashi's success any longer by deceiving them. Success in the challenge = Don't misunderstand that everyone is satisfied with the current reward Wouldn't it be up to the management to own it? Even though there are more things that need to be fixed in the current situation, I tried to calm down by tweaking a few things What's the point if only the management side is left with a pleasant experience of successful masturbation? ? As a result, future Vanabouts will have a modest reward It ends up being just a stressful task to complete. There is no bright future for this kind of content. It just becomes a mere facade and becomes obsolete. To the administrators You have not implemented the game Vana Bout. We users (at least me) cannot recognize this as a game. Data that just confuses, saddens, exhausts, and discourages us.

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-17 05:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-17 11:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

By Cevlina 2023-12-17 14:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

YO WE'RE ACTUALLY GONNA MAKE IT TO THE BONUS!?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-17 14:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Those extra 6 days of chocobo digging are as good as in the bag.

Unless everyone bails after they hit 900, which they should, but they won't.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-12-17 14:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I know I am. I am not being beholden to dailies the second I get those sweet 100 deeds.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-17 17:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

By drakefs 2023-12-17 20:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The uptick looks suspicious to me. Reducing the required points definitely made it a lot easier for SE to hide fudging the numbers.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-17 20:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

They look "reasonable"(it's the weekend spike too)

UK consistently does 70k. NA does 90k consistently. It's the jp numbers that look like a lie, they pull 200k every night. Tryhards and their need for attention.

To win the stretch goal, have to make 400k every 24 hours. Jp over achieve, every other group fails to meet the need. We'll see if the na/eu burnout hits @900 plaudits or not. People should start hitting silver tomorrow.

Every update the line is relatively straight then the jp spike it.

Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-12-17 23:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

That pre-nerf bonus compared to where we are. I just can't even comprehend what they were thinking, seeing it visually makes it just that much more shocking.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-17 23:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bots. They like to pretend 75% of their playerbase isn't bots.

Oops.
[+]
By drakefs 2023-12-18 00:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They look "reasonable"(it's the weekend spike too)

To be fair, I have had to wait a minute or 2 to enter on carbuncle this weekend, which isn't normal.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Bots. They like to pretend 75% of their playerbase isn't bots Eiryl.
heh
VIP
By Lili 2023-12-18 04:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
I just can't even comprehend what they were thinking

Easy: the initial goal was set by an intern who looked at player numbers but had no idea that bots, multiboxers, and people with 16 dormant characters are so rampant.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-18 05:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, I'm gonna have to switch to excel so it's more accurate. Keep going above and below the goal and it isn't reflected well when you can only use 10 points
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 18 19 20