Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » December 2023 Version Update
December 2023 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 18 19 20
By Meeble 2023-12-15 14:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bosworth said: »
Push back will change absolutely nothing, it's wild that this isn't understood yet lol

Maybe, maybe not, but not a big deal to me either way.

I'm not subbed at the moment, so the opportunity cost of publicly laughing at this feeble attempt to get me to re-sub is pretty close to zero.
By Dodik 2023-12-15 14:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This is clearly aimed at doing v2 over v1. Which no one does unless missing all of ambu +2 gear, all of ody gear, all of empy +2/+3, no remas etc etc.

A group of people is clearly doing them. Just not as many as SE wanted/expected. Like rotating v2 ambu every month only for a tiny amount of people that care about it.

For such an old game the population is inherently going to be skewed towards the very top of end game. Surprising they are not aware of this.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-12-15 14:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, a few days have gone by and I'm still a bit on the fence when it comes to Vana'bout.
I'm of course not advocating for it and I actually had several good laughs seeing SE's errors about it.
Then again I'm not as angry or negative as most people in here.
Legitimately so since 99% of people who actively post over these boards (myself included) are tipically good, experienced players who focus mostly on the so called "end-game".

Over the last months years players like us have been the main target of the large majority of content released, with "everybody else" getting just small bits every now and then.
But how much does this "everybody else" amount to?
Are we talking about 1% of the player base? 10%? 50%? More?

I think this round of Vana'bout was clearly targeted at them.
I've been doing vana'bout objectives everyday (twice on the first day!) so far and it doesn't take me more than, what, 15 mins?

I'm sure I'm gonna get overly bored of this in a couple of days max, I know me, but for now it's been an useless but sorta entertaining variation from the usual stuff.
I'm surprised to admit it but yeah, it's been "fun"? Whoa, bold words there Sechs.

Despite all this, I hope they change the following things for the upcoming rounds of vana'bout
1) Give us a few more days (so that if you accidentally miss a couple, you can still reach gold tier)
2) Give us some better massive unlocks, not just tier rewards, I'm talking about something that's gonna affect everybody. 1.5x Galli bonus? 2x EP bonus? Cornelia unlocked? Stuff like this. Then they can keep all the other catch-up things for returners or cosmetics, it's all good, a bit of treats for everybody, right? But first and foremost there needs to be some very exciting unlock, or it will be all moot.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-12-15 14:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

SE invited everyone to a pool party but never mentioned it was a kiddie pool party.

Capri sun is good and all but I wanted Patron.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-15 14:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

And its during covid times, so theyre all those $15 intec inflatable wading pools where its only one per person.
By fillerbunny9 2023-12-15 15:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Y'all super negative. Watch them come in with the EP campaign for round 2 of vana bout

so they would give us something we might actually have a use for as opposed to a free Abdjhalis Seal effect once every day for both V1 and V2?? they might give us something worth grinding 10 dailies every day for 13 days that I cannot go get in five minutes from soloing a VD Leviathan HTBF? oh noes, say it ain't so!
By Bosworth 2023-12-15 15:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
It's wild you haven't understood most people gave up expecting anything of value from SE and this Vana "slouch" pretty much cemented that notion.

If this were true, this site wouldn't be full of people complaining and people just here to watch and laugh at the people complaining. I'm all for constructive criticism, but maybe wait for the 2nd and 3rd rounds of this to call it a dud?

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
By all means, tell me more about how bitching isn't going to fix anything while I play Cyberpunk in 4k skipping doing anything other than V25 stuff since they dropped the ball with sortie/primes/endgame

Not only is your bitching not going to change anything, you still giving them your money every month all but ensures it won't.
By Bosworth 2023-12-15 15:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
Y'all super negative. Watch them come in with the EP campaign for round 2 of vana bout

so they would give us something we might actually have a use for as opposed to a free Abdjhalis Seal effect once every day for both V1 and V2?? they might give us something worth grinding 10 dailies every day for 13 days that I cannot go get in five minutes from soloing a VD Leviathan HTBF? oh noes, say it ain't so!

I think there is general agreement that the rewards don't justify the effort. There's an easy solution for this. Simply don't do the content
[+]
By Meeble 2023-12-15 15:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Over the last months years players like us have been the main target of the large majority of content released, with "everybody else" getting just small bits every now and then.
But how much does this "everybody else" amount to?
Are we talking about 1% of the player base? 10%? 50%? More?

I think this round of Vana'bout was clearly targeted at them.
I've been doing vana'bout objectives everyday (twice on the first day!) so far and it doesn't take me more than, what, 15 mins?

I'm sure I'm gonna get overly bored of this in a couple of days max, I know me, but for now it's been an useless but sorta entertaining variation from the usual stuff.
I'm surprised to admit it but yeah, it's been "fun"? Whoa, bold words there Sechs.

If you're having fun with it then more power to you, but the requirements to hit gold tier and original 16 million plaudit goal make it pretty clear SE expected "everybody everybody" to participate, not just "everybody else".
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-12-15 15:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If this were true, this site wouldn't be full of people complaining and people just here to watch and laugh at the people complaining. I'm all for constructive criticism, but maybe wait for the 2nd and 3rd rounds of this to call it a dud?

Been waiting 3 years for them. SE is a dud maker now. Really good one at that. I couldn't believe how bad they *** up and now I eat cookies and laugh

What I am trying to say is I wouldn't hold my breath for anything meaningful to arise from Vana flop. SE isn't in the market to make meaningful content anymore. Their track record is there and boy is it stinky.

Not only is your bitching not going to change anything, you still giving them your money every month all but ensures it won't.

"Waaaahhh you can't *** because you give them money. your a idiot waaahhh wahhhh"

I already have 1 kid. I don't need another.
[+]
By Bosworth 2023-12-15 15:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey now, I don't think you're an idiot. I know I'm right, you know I'm right, everyone knows I'm right.
By siegmeyer 2023-12-15 16:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/61335-Feedback-related-to-Vana-Bout if anyone interested SE is taking feedbacks.
 Bahamut.Noscrying
Server: Bahamut
user: NoScrying
By Bahamut.Noscrying 2023-12-15 16:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
"Congestion in the affected areas and subsequent player frustration with trying to enter the areas led us to reevaluate the end goal and adjust it accordingly so that completion was more feasible in the time remaining"

^ just watch, they are going to say something like this.
Excuuuuuse me, are you the official Twitter account?
https://twitter.com/FFXI_EN/status/1735781829825962240
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-15 17:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The update site just missed an entire update. Whack.

[+]
 Fenrir.Zenion
Server: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2023-12-15 17:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

siegmeyer said: »

Oh man. How hard must someone's chestnuts be getting roasted right now, that they would actually have a community rep speak to us for only, like, the third time in the last five years? And ask for feedback?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-15 17:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

SE: "Heres a forum to give feedback about VanaBout"
Someone: YOU DONT KNOW ***KILL YOURSELVES YOU *** IDIOTS *** WASTING YOUR TIME AND OUR TIME WITH THIS GARBAGE
*post gets deleted*
Someone: shockedpikachu.jpg
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-12-15 17:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The obvious feedback: Stop wasting sub fee money on daily trash that clogs your instances. Go make real content again that we can use our prime weapons on. EDIT: Alliance Content

The obvious response from SE: Do nothing.

So are they actually asking for feedback? No
 Asura.Alfylicious
By Asura.Alfylicious 2023-12-15 19:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

New Yule Talisman is from getting a good time in the beginner xmas races.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-12-15 19:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Give them your opinion there, better than nothing
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-12-15 19:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Gotta be subbed and I'm definitely not giving them my money until they clean this up
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-15 23:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

For *** sake go do the damned feedback.
[+]
By Cevlina 2023-12-16 00:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fine, I did the feedback.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-16 05:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-12-16 07:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
For *** sake go do the damned feedback.
Fine. I have some crysta left on the account.
[+]
 Fenrir.Zenion
Server: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2023-12-16 07:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Gotta be subbed and I'm definitely not giving them my money until they clean this up

Ahaha... timing. You can use the forum for free during Return Home campaigns. But of course, by the time the upcoming one starts next week, the feedback thread will be dead and cold...
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-12-16 08:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT: Alliance Content

The only alliance content that would make sense now would be easy alliance content, more to socialize, than to create a challenge, because majority of people won't have time to min max preparation and control 18 ppl. It would need to be something that can be done even in pug alliance of avg players.

I guess current difficulty level of dynamis D would be a good baseline.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-16 11:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-12-16 11:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

siegmeyer said: »

Well, will you look at that... seems the Bitching complaining did something. Better rewards. Better engagement. Better pizza. Papa johns.

Bismarck.Ferthe
user: erth
By Bismarck.Ferthe 2023-12-16 12:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not subbed and it let me post.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-16 12:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You can still post like 2 weeks after a sub is expired, but if it's been a month you can't
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 18 19 20