Experimental Fluid (peach)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Experimental Fluid (peach)
Experimental Fluid (peach)
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-18 14:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

People have suggested, albeit via eyeball test, that they get more cases/stones in Sortie when killing bosses with TH tagged.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-12-18 16:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
People have suggested, albeit via eyeball test, that they get more cases/stones in Sortie when killing bosses with TH tagged.
There are also entire groups of flat-earthers. "A Person" is smart...but "people" are dumb as ***.
[+]
By Taint 2023-12-19 18:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m pretty confident in the sortie TH working on the bosses.
[+]
By Agrestic 2023-12-27 10:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

10,300 EP at ML3 RDM. I didn't lose half my HP, only dropped to 2120/2185.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-12-28 21:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Got 2 more meats and they happened to be one day after another.

ML18 gave me 11300 EP
ML19 gave me 11500 EP

200 EP per ML?
 Asura.Dexprozius
Server: Asura
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-28 23:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Been bringing THF ever since it was discussed and still no drops~

Got to be over 40 clears now
[+]
By Afrohatch 2023-12-28 23:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

ML18 gave me 11300 EP
ML19 gave me 11500 EP

200 EP per ML?

I got 13900 as a ML46, not sure how it's calculated, or just random from a base of 10000 EP
 Valefor.Philemon
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-12-29 00:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

ML18 gave me 11300 EP
ML19 gave me 11500 EP

200 EP per ML?
You son of a *** stop hogging all the meat.
[+]
By Shichishito 2024-01-12 14:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypothecially speaking, if one read the community reps post where it says "there was a test performed by your fellow adventurers in japan" and misreads it as "by your yellow adventurers in japan", would that make you racist or just dyslexic?

I once used a TP reset move and had the impression it took a little longer till they fired the next charm/animated move. Maybe worth testing subtle blow, maybe MNK roll and auspice if you have a second COR or a WHM as well as TP whipe/plague moves to see if it cuts down on TP move frequency.

Sofar I've successfully farmed 2 impish boxes but went farming 3 times. The first two I got within maybe 30-50 minutes. For the third I farmed for almost 3 hours without luck but that time I went the same day I used my impish box for a run.
Maybe your not just locked out of doing a second run but also receiving a impish box?

Did someone test if corsair roll affects exemplar points gained?
By drakefs 2024-01-12 16:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
For the third I farmed for almost 3 hours without luck but that time I went the same day I used my impish box for a run.
Maybe your not just locked out of doing a second run but also receiving a impish box?

I have got multiple Impish Boxes after doing a run (I farm 2, on 2 chars, at a time when I do farm a box).

Apparently Stymie Sleepga is the easy mode for this fight.
[+]
By Felgarr 2024-01-12 16:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

drakefs said: »
Shichishito said: »
For the third I farmed for almost 3 hours without luck but that time I went the same day I used my impish box for a run.

I have got multiple Impish Boxes after doing a run (I farm 2, on 2 chars, at a time when I do farm a box).

Apparently Stymie Sleepga is the easy mode for this fight.

Breakga works well too!
[+]
By Shichishito 2024-01-12 16:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Breakga works well too!
I read about immuno breaks so this probably doesn't include entomb?
Good to know, rules the "till JP midnight drop lockout" theory out.

Another thing that was different to the previous 2 farming attempts was that I upgraded the steal set like the Pillager's Poulaines to +3 and added Barathrum... of course that had to cripple steal success.
[+]
By drakefs 2024-01-13 14:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if +steal is +1% success rate per point, that still allows for some wild swings in "time till box"...
By Shichishito 2024-01-13 16:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if +steal is +1% success rate per point, that still allows for some wild swings in "time till box"...
Absolutely. I realise that 3 attempts is far to small of a sample size to judge steal success rate but you I think most people only need 2-3 occasions where they leave empty handed after 2 hours+ and they'll forget about the conntent just like they did with shinryu HTBF.

It's such a waste due to poor balancing.
By drakefs 2024-01-15 19:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If they had made the Impish Box a permanent login point item, this wouldn't even be a real problem.
[+]
By Taint 2024-01-16 08:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If they had made the Impish Box a permanent login point item, this wouldn't even be a real problem.

I'm surprised it wasn't, it made a lot of sense to keep it that way. (yeah yeah SE)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-01-16 08:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It's too new. give it a year.

But if they do add a handful of other battles in the same style in the same field then they won't.
 Valefor.Philemon
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-02-01 17:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually had an instance of two people getting a meat not only on the same fight but the same mob (the 6th and final mob).

[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-02-01 23:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't post here, but I got my drop in the early 60's on clears. I'd guess 61 or 62 clears, based solely on the amount of days since release minus about 5 or so days that I missed. Worse than most who posted their early success, but I'm sure many are worse off than me still chasing.

After maybe a dozen runs with THF I gave up on it, and opted to either not bother with TH, or run my RNG when jobs that joined my shout permitted it. Being able to put out the same damage as a COR, but also tag most of them with TH6 (if not all 6 of them) was more reasonable
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-02-02 02:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
but I'm sure many are worse off than me still chasing.
Aye =/
By Felgarr 2024-02-02 03:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm happy to see people getting bodies/meat.

I mentioned to some folks yesterday that these flans are extremely easy to dispel with Daybreak (Dispelga). I don't know if taking away all of their stolen buffs has any impact on drop rates. However, in my opinion, this is a fun, easy, daily fight, enough mechanics to keep many jobs busy.
 Valefor.Philemon
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-02-02 07:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

In my group, the person who initiated the effort (and solo farmed boxes when the event was first introduced) is the one person who doesn't have the drop. That's personal drops for you...
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [74 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Kriz
user: Kriz
By Valefor.Kriz 2024-04-16 07:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So I finally got a third meat, and I had wanted to check to see what EP I got from the meat, so I went onto ML50 BLM and popped the first, traded in the meat for another fluid, and popped that immediately afterwards.

As such, there was no job change, gear change, only difference between the two was HP (due to the fluid taking 50% of current HP I went from 100% to 50% to 25% HP).

Based off the previous pics here, I'd guess that the extra EP is random on top of the 10k.

Also, I'd love to stop running this fight, but we still need two more armors after running daily since January...
[+]
 Shiva.Myamoto
Server: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-04-16 14:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot this fight even existed lol, I remember expecting this to be some sort of rotational fight like ambu with a different item you could get every couple months or so to actually keep people doing it. Boy was I wrong lol.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-16 14:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinking monthly, quickly turned into maybe quarterly, quickly became 6 months.... now turned into... yearly?
By K123 2024-04-16 15:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

On which jobs and in which sets is it really best in slot and used?
By Nariont 2024-04-16 15:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's an all jobs 20 DT/20mdb with high def/moderately high HP armor, slot it in

just for comparison, most of the ody/sortie bodies are 8~11 mdb, and their DTs top out at around 13%
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-04-16 16:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Myamoto said: »
I remember expecting

[+]
By K123 2024-04-16 17:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
It's an all jobs 20 DT/20mdb with high def/moderately high HP armor, slot it in

just for comparison, most of the ody/sortie bodies are 8~11 mdb, and their DTs top out at around 13%
This doesn't answer my question. I still haven't bothered to macro it in to anything. DDs have better hybrid, mages generally better with refresh in there for idle, etc.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-16 17:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not great for anything. Second best or third best to everything.

Classic big number but useless. It's exactly what someone who doesn't play would think is ridiculously good. So close to really good but missing one vital piece for any specific thing.

Missing the key points that make an idle piece, missing basic haste or any form or attackcentric stat for a hybrid no enmity or retention. So all you have is a substandard substitute for pieces you don't have yet. Literally all it needed was basic haste, regen/refresh, or some stp/da and it would be phenomenal. (and higher meva, to match the better pieces)