Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Nii's Last Stand (VoR 6-2) on WHM
Nii's Last Stand (VoR 6-2) on WHM
 Asura.Urarenge
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: johnpc831
By Asura.Urarenge 2023-11-01 12:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Folks. Trying to get my WHM alt through this horrible mission and not having much luck. Has anyone ever pulled this off? I'm starting to wonder if WHM has the chops to deal enough damage solo for this. I've spent a couple weeks collecting some melee and attack gear, but still feels like I'm miles away.

Starting to wonder if it'll be less work to just level up a DD job on this alt for this one lousy mission.

If anyone has beaten this mission on WHM could you share your general approach/strat/WS used, etc? Thanks.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-11-01 13:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this the solo fight?
Are the NPCs dieing?
 Asura.Urarenge
By Asura.Urarenge 2023-11-01 13:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, solo fight where you have to keep up with the Yagudo npc kills. I can kill them, but evidently not fast enough so the NPC accuses me of "holding back" when really I'm giving it all I got.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-01 14:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You could try using AOE weapon skills, banishgas, or try stealing the NPC's kills. Or some combination of all 3. Are you using trusts that boost your damage? Is your gear haste capped? Getting magic haste capped from trusts? Any DW gear?
 Asura.Urarenge
By Asura.Urarenge 2023-11-01 14:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
You could try using AOE weapon skills, banishgas, or try stealing the NPC's kills. Or some combination of all 3. Are you using trusts that boost your damage? Is your gear haste capped? Getting magic haste capped from trusts? Any DW gear?

Pretty sure we can't do trusts in this one. All I have for DW right now are those Delve earrings and the Ambu back with DW+10. I do like the sound of stealing kills that you and kuroki mentioned. Maybe build 3k TP and just wait until the NPC brings the mob health down enough for me to one-shot with Judgement.

I'll give that a shot. Thanks!
 Asura.Urarenge
By Asura.Urarenge 2023-11-01 15:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hah, that worked! Stealing kills FTW!

Thanks again.