Time To Stop The Cat Lady!!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Time to stop the cat lady!!
Time to stop the cat lady!!
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-05 11:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33616410/ns/us_news-weird_news/

It's about time a state has started this about having sooo many cats. Ever see it on ASPCA show on animal planet, those houses are filthy.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-05 11:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The little town I'm living in already has a pet limit. No more than 5 pets total, but you can't have more than 2 of any type of pet. Fish don't count as pets.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-05 11:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33616410/ns/us_news-weird_news/ It's about time a state has started this about having sooo many cats. Ever see it on ASPCA show on animal planet, those houses are filthy.

Thats not entirely true.

My parent's neighbor has like 50 cats, but her house is nice and clean. People won't think about it being clean because you see a sea of orange and white fur.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-11-05 11:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33616410/ns/us_news-weird_news/ It's about time a state has started this about having sooo many cats. Ever see it on ASPCA show on animal planet, those houses are filthy.
Thats not entirely true. My parent's neighbor has like 50 cats, but her house is nice and clean. People won't think about it being clean because you see a sea of orange and white fur.

I can't live in a house with one cat, forget 50.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-05 11:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea but Korpg I said on the ASPCA show on Animal Planet, I'm sure there's a few that would keep it clean.

But it's just too many damn cats. I swear the lady here at work is a cat lady.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-05 11:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

COPS doesn't work like that and they're still around.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-05 11:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
You know how TV shows exaggerate things or find the worst case scenario for good ratings

I doubt the ASPCA show is a fake scenario when they go in a house and you see all the filth etc. and save the animals.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-05 11:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
You know how TV shows exaggerate things or find the worst case scenario for good ratings
I doubt the ASPCA show is a fake scenario when they go in a house and you see all the filth etc. and save the animals.

No, but you never see them going to a clean house to take away the pets.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-11-05 11:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really not sure why >_> I know multiple girls who are crazzzy about cats... and of course I just humor them. "yeah cats are great! *grinds teeth*"
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-05 11:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends on the animal that was reported, alot of them are outdoor so you can't see the clean house.

But on the show, you only see the dirty ones.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-05 11:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure that there isn't a correlation between the cleanliness of a house and if an animal gets reported.

but that show likes to show the general ideas for ratings only.

Don't forget that they expect entertainment value for ratings, which boosts their incomes.
 Hades.Cheyne
Server: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2009-11-05 11:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image

She will be upset.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-11-05 11:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

that was hilarious. Whale ***! Making fun of the Deadliest Catch. and Whale Wars :P lmfao and Cartman singing lady gaga.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-05 12:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I work at a vet clinic that only deals in cats.

On the one hand, we have this married couple that own a farm, and 29 of their cats are our patients. And we see all 29 of those cats when they are due for their shots. They take very good care of their animals, and despite the fact that 85% of their cats are feral (not people friendly) and live outside, they're all healthy.

On the other hand, we have this mother daughter team that owns over 30 cats that we know of, and the mother's house was condemned and eventually torn down back in 2008 because of her lack of cleaning habits and lack of training her cats to use a litter box. Just this past week, she called up to schedule an appointment for one of her cats, and she couldn't even keep the names straight. None of them are vaccinated, and she only brings them in when they are sick. We've had to put down a lot of them because she waited too long. Not to mention, she refuses every single test, so we can't properly diagnose her cats. One of the cats was so feral, we had to sedate to examine it, but had no idea it's liver values were off the charts (because she refused bloodwork), and it died under anesthesia.

So yea...depends on the owner. Not the amount of cats.