Forum » Windower » Support » Addon visuals
Addon visuals
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-07-12 12:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Apologies if this is captured somewhere else, but does anyone know how to change the look of addons like petcharges, skillchains, debuffed etc? To clarify, the default is a black box with arial font(?) white/yellow text, and I want to change the background, text colours, font etc. Also interested in preset/already tweaked looks that I can just paste in. Thanks!
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2023-07-13 08:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately the ffxi community doesn't really share or make a repository of presets and prefers for players to know how to edit the files themselves. Most of your questions should be answered in their readme files or by editing a settings file once you find it.
By LightningHelix 2023-07-13 08:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The settings file - using Skillchains as an example - is located at addons/skillchains/data/settings.xml

And it looks like this:
I highlighted the fields you're going to want to mess with. Having never done it myself, obviously, trial and error gonna be the method here.
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-07-14 10:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

LightningHelix said: »
The settings file - using Skillchains as an example - is located at addons/skillchains/data/settings.xml

And it looks like this:
I highlighted the fields you're going to want to mess with. Having never done it myself, obviously, trial and error gonna be the method here.

Thanks! I’ll have a play around with these