Universal Healthcare - A Dane's Guide To WHM Gear

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Universal Healthcare - A Dane's Guide to WHM gear
Universal Healthcare - A Dane's Guide to WHM gear
First Page 2
By DaneBlood 2023-07-04 17:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I though I would go over a lot of the current White Mage gear sets and optimize them a bit
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Universal_Healthcare_-_A_Dane%27s_Guide_to_White_Mage_Gear

Enjoy.

Any constructive comments are welcome in this thread.
also I'm still needed a few "jokes" in the section title lines.
[+]
By zixxer 2023-07-04 18:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Last sentence, you misspelled "people" with peopel.
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-07-04 19:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I love what you've done, but ....you have a Diamond Aspis (Rank 1 bonanza prize) in the Idle HQ set.
 Asura.Bynebill
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-07-04 19:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

No diamond aspis, no invite.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-07-04 20:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Diamond aspis but inyanga ring over Gurebu's (VR).
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2023-07-04 21:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

In general I would at least provide alternatives for mutually exclusive story rewards, or stupidly rare things like bonanza rewards.
[+]
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2023-07-05 13:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome when someone takes the time to get guides back up-to-date, and sets look solid all around ^^

For constructive comments though, couple things I made note of:

• May be worth considering some High DT/defense cure midcast set options. Those are very useful to have available, and all but mandatory for certain higher tier Odyssey NMs.

• It's possible you already accounted for this in these specific sets, but in general take care when using Platinum moogle belt in idle sets unless you're also locking it on for pre/mid-cast or otherwise accounting for the HP difference. Big HP swings can be dangerous when undead are around. (certainly know it has been causing some trouble in sortie runs, that may have been because of also using some Nyame pieces though :P)

[+]
 Fenrir.Positron
Server: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2023-07-05 16:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for taking the time to put this together. A couple comments:
- Similar to Chendar's comment above, Cure midcasts really do need DT in current high-end content. Conserve MP is almost completely unnecessary for WHM once you have Ebers Pantaloons, as any reasonable Cure or Curaga spell (aside from preemptive Cureskins) are free. If anything, it'd make more sense on accessory slots in the Regen set.
- Regarding your hot takes, blinking absolutely does matter at the highest level of play unless you're using DressUp (and while it's an option, I'd never presume to demand someone use it). <stpt> and <stal> macros do not allow direct targeting of party members using function keys the way <stpc> macros do, which is a big deal for quickly targeting party members, especially in fights with knockback and finicky positioning (think Kalunga).
[+]
By Serjero 2023-07-05 17:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

To parrot others already, defensive cure sets and even SIRD cure sets would be a huge boon in the guide to help people looking to gear up WHM for tougher content (Gaol V20+) where sometimes the group decides to be masochistic and just make you tank the adds and heal through it like the trooper you are.
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-07-05 22:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Please keep making updates. You've got some nice artwork, a good sense humor in some of the titles, and there's a really good foundation of knowledge here.
By DaneBlood 2023-07-05 22:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
I love what you've done, but ....you have a Diamond Aspis (Rank 1 bonanza prize) in the Idle HQ set.

Correct HQ sets don't take anything into account whatever it is gil or super rare/difficult to get. H.Q. canbe argued stands for "High Quality" or just "Highly Questionable you are sane for doing this".

The none High sets are more reasonable/effective TBH

Starter sets only contains items that are cheap and not behind missions walls and other progressions locks
By DaneBlood 2023-07-05 22:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Disclai said: »
In general I would at least provide alternatives for mutually exclusive story rewards, or stupidly rare things like bonanza rewards.

There should be.
There should either be a nonee H.Q. ( if it requires a rework of the entire sets like for idle set with diamond aspis) or there should be A list of alternatives under each section

For idle specific. The non H.Q sets avoid diamond aspis and Ebers earring +2 since the drop rates (with near perfect augs) are horrible.
By DaneBlood 2023-07-05 22:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chendar said: »
[li]May be worth considering some High DT/defense cure midcast set options. Those are very useful to have available, and all but mandatory for certain higher tier Odyssey NMs. [/li]
[li]It's possible you already accounted for this in these specific sets, but in general take care when using Platinum moogle belt in idle sets unless you're also locking it on for pre/mid-cast or otherwise accounting for the HP difference. Big HP swings can be dangerous when undead are around. (certainly know it has been causing some trouble in sortie runs, that may have been because of also using some Nyame pieces though :P)
[/ul]

I did add in some tank options to replace conserve MP under the "runner up and alternativess" section
But a more Hybrid focused set is in the works that also ignore minors Cure potency 2 upgrades for hefty tankyness.

I did consider removing the consermp small items (shield earring and ammo) entirely from the main sets and keep those DT

I'll recheck this weekend

Platinum belt is a double edged sword for sure.
some tweak i did to not have to much HP in idle was to not use the maligance staff and change the nyame into bunzi. bunzi has less hp and more magic defsenvie stats like MDB.

I original wanted to do 2 idle sets where I was using nyame for the better physical defense. But ran into issues with HP
By DaneBlood 2023-07-05 22:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Positron said: »
- Regarding your hot takes, blinking absolutely does matter at the highest level of play unless you're using DressUp (and while it's an option, I'd never presume to demand someone use it). <stpt> and <stal> macros do not allow direct targeting of party members using function keys the way <stpc> macros do, which is a big deal for quickly targeting party members, especially in fights with knockback and finicky positioning (think Kalunga).

You are right. F-key targeting does get impacted by targeting. but (and correct me if im wrong) F-key targeting is a windower thing so at this point i believe a person should just install dressup over limiting other from switching weapons. (lock style alone wont help on weapon switching)
By DaneBlood 2023-07-05 22:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Please keep making updates. You've got some nice artwork, a good sense humor in some of the titles, and there's a really good foundation of knowledge here.

my next phase is going to by counting up all the relevants stats for each set and add them in the fear sets notes. this will make it easier for people to see if the sets are mirroring peoples wishes with it and/or compare against their own alternatives.

Well some typo/spelling mistakes clean up first.

Then I will look into more tanky alternative for especially gaol fights
[+]
By DaneBlood 2023-07-05 22:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Diamond aspis but inyanga ring over Gurebu's (VR).

Will be added to the H.Q. set. Thank you
 Phoenix.Rizzspeed
Server: Phoenix
user: Rizzspeed
By Phoenix.Rizzspeed 2023-07-05 22:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I stress the /sch, aurastorm, weather stuff more because, 1. it's older lower lvl/easier to get gear, 2. it makes a bigger difference in the end result(higher numbers). I usually combine the staff, twilight cape, and belt.
but at least you included it at the bottom, i guess. =)
By DaneBlood 2023-07-05 23:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rizzspeed said: »
I stress the /sch, aurastorm, weather stuff more because, 1. it's older lower lvl/easier to get gear, 2. it makes a bigger difference in the end result(higher numbers). I usually combine the staff, twilight cape, and belt.
but at least you included it at the bottom, i guess. =)

You are right. the issue on this was I would have to make sets either for and when its not up since.. well oddy
With both weather staff and raetic rod +1 in weather and none weather situations it became a very complex setup
and i would have to introduce queller rod again since it beats Weather staff when you dont have weather effects etc.

if the changes are just a ew things here and there by remain the whole structure of the set the. i put them in the "changes" section.
If a change requires a full restructure I make another set.

however i could not add weather items for the starter set for one main reason. belt is behind a mission lock.
and one requirements I put for starters sets was it cannot require a lot of missions completeness

But I agree weather stuff is nice
I'd just rather show the sets with it needed changes than multiple differents sets that are close to the same
 Ragnarok.Gennss
Server: Ragnarok
user: gennss
By Ragnarok.Gennss 2023-07-06 00:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice guide.

How come no one ever talks about Hygeieia clogs +1? I think for those of us who don't use gearswap it's a nice piece no?
By Felgarr 2023-07-06 00:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Gennss said: »
Hygeieia clogs +1

It is good, but I think it gets beaten by Vanya Clogs (Path D for Healing, Path B for Cursna). It's also cheaper to upgrade Vanya clogs with Eschalixirs, than it is to upgrade Hygeieia clogs via Unity's augment system.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2023-07-06 00:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a heads up for a potential tanky curing set i really wish i could get sird capped out as well

It has around 11% to much cure potency that Is a perfet fit for kaykaus head that comes with 12% more SIRD. but it just a very untanky head.

DefHPMPEvamEvaMDBMDTPDTDTPotencyPotencyIISIRDenmity-            
Raetic Rod +1            2525            30                                                2310                                    
Genmei Shield114                                                                        10                                                                        
Staunch Tathlum +1                                                                                                3                        11            Resist all 11
Ebers +3124641088612510                                    22                                                
Ebers Bliaut +31551271399113011                                                                                                
TheoPhany Mitts114656572877                        11                                    12            
Ebers Pant. +313671657715710                        13                                                            
Theo. Duckbills +3857476751277                                                            29                        
Cleric's Toruq +2                                                                                                            10                        25            
Magnetic Earring                                                                                                                                    8                        
Nourishing earring +1                                                                                                            6            5            "Resist Silence" +15
Shadow Ring                                                                                                                                                            occ annuls magic 13%
Defending Ring                                                                                                10                                                            
Plat. Mog. Belt                                                15                                    3                                                            
Alaunus's Cape            60            2030                                                                        10                        
Total728486478421701454050            61106337            

SIRD Choices:                                                                                                                                                                        
Freke Ring                                                                                                                                    10                        
Emphatikos Rope                                                                                                                                    12                        
Kaykaus Mitra +1963438367563                        11            12                        

Tanky Choices:                                                                                                                                                                        
Gelatinous ring +1            110                                                -17                                                                        
Ebers Earrings +2                                                                                                6                                    9            
Ebers Earrings +1                                                                                                3                                    8
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-07-06 00:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hygeieia clogs +1

It is good, but I think it gets beaten by Vanya Clogs (Path D for Healing, Path B for Cursna). It's also cheaper to upgrade Vanya clogs with Eschalixirs, than it is to upgrade Hygeieia clogs via Unity's augment system.

I think he was referring to the "Cure spellcasting time -18%". As a non-gearswap user I use these in my precast for cures because I can only fit 3 or 4 pieces of gear in my precast, and these are great bang-for-buck for capping cure cast time.
By DaneBlood 2023-07-06 01:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice guide.

How come no one ever talks about Hygeieia clogs +1? I think for those of us who don't use gearswap it's a nice piece no?

Vanya clogs (D)
Potency 10%
Cure Cast 15%
ConMP 6
Cost: Very cheap
Time to farm: Short

Hygieia Clogs +1
Cure Potency 15%
Cure Cast 18%
Conserve MP 5
Cost: Multiple Millions
Time to farm: medium or pay even more gil

So while you do get 5% more cure potency the equipment is much more expensive AND on whm you an cap cure potency pretty fast so the benefits is not really out weighting the extra cost and time

If you have them they are nice but not exactly a recommendation I would bring to anyone

and in adition lack reuseabilty for cursna

P.S. even without gearswap you really should be swapping gear.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-07-06 01:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
Just a heads up for a potential tanky curing set i really wish i could get sird capped out as well
I'm not too versed on WHM, but when you can easily have a long duration Aquaveil that's able to absorb 9 interruptions, is it really that necessary to have a SirD midcast set for cure casting?

Honest question.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-07-06 01:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

P.S. even without gearswap you really should be swapping gear.

It's not about swapping gear. You cannot swap from a FC set into a cure potency set without gearswap if you cap FC (with equipsets).

FWIW in case it's helpful here's what I do:
Idle in Ebers pants (15%), Nourishing earring (4%), JSE cape (10%), Hygieia Clogs (18%) 47% cure FC.

In macro, swap in Piety cap (15%), Inyanga body (14%), Embla Sash (5%) for total 81% FC.

This still leaves 3 lines for the cure, equipping potency set with a wait, and equipping the idle back on.

I used to use 4 pieces of FC and then manually swap back into idle set, but I found that I often forgot to hit the macro to go back into my idle set, so I opted for a slightly shittier idle set to give myself the extra macro line.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-07-06 01:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Hygeieia clogs +1
I think he was referring to the "Cure spellcasting time -18%". As a non-gearswap user I use these in my precast for cures because I can only fit 3 or 4 pieces of gear in my precast, and these are great bang-for-buck for capping cure cast time.

Why? The game lets you put in a full complete set even without gearswap.

/equipset FC
/ma cure <t> <wait 1>
/equipset potency <wait 1>
/equipset idle

Your cure landed before your potency set went on.
By DaneBlood 2023-07-06 01:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I'm not too versed on WHM, but when you can easily have a long duration Aquaveil that's able to absorb 9 interruptions, is it really that necessary to have a SirD midcast set for cure casting?

Honest question.

It's a very good point. probably just a bit of of ocdness and a "it would be nice if i could get this perfect"
By DaneBlood 2023-07-06 01:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hygeieia clogs +1

Why? The game lets you put in a full complete set even without gearswap.

/equipset FC
/ma cure <t> <wait 1>
/equipset potency <wait 1>
/equipset idle

Your cure landed before your potency set went on.

I've been using gearswap and spellcast for years so my memory might not server me well here.
But if you remove the wait and use and <stal> and <stpt> targets instead of <t> I believe the swap should come through.
I believe S.E. mentioned the use of sub target fixes that issue.

/equipset FC
/ma cure <stal>
/equipset potency <wait x>
/equipset idle

it could also just be potential that S.E. is full of crap about how the engine works... it would not be the first time... or lack of JP button
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-07-06 01:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been using gearswap and spellcast for years so my memory might not server me well here.
But if you remove the wait and use and <stal> and <stpt> targets instead of <t> I believe the swap should come through.

Just tried it...A command error occurred. If I wait a second to hit enter on the <stpc> then it works, but if you cast it as quick as you can, it will error.
First Page 2