Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Continued Prime Weapon NA Review
Continued Prime Weapon NA Review
First Page 2 ... 15 16 17
By Hopalong 2023-06-04 19:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Have at it guys. Topic for good or bad opinions and discussion regarding the most current ultimate weapon PRIME.

Whether you think it is a PRIME failure or a PRIME opportunity to obtain a hard worked for FFXI weapon, here's a good place hosted by FFXI-AH to voice your opinions.
 Asura.Hya
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-06-04 19:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

We should be able to buy Gallimaufry with Crysta via the MogStation.
[+]
By Foxfire 2023-06-04 19:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fujito should authorize 100 million gallimaufry to my account asap i can't believe square enix would do such a thing so i am here to complain about this 20 year old video game
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-06-04 19:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is it only NA review? Where's the UK or EU review? What about NZ? Folks in Antartica should also have their say. Or is it all about 'Murica'?! God I love bacon and blowing things up.

[+]
By Hopalong 2023-06-04 19:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Why is it only NA review? Where's the UK or EU review? What about NZ? Folks in Antartica should also have their say. Or is it all about 'Murica'?! God I love bacon and blowing things up.

Yep, I was just coming back to include everyone. Saying NA is just an old habit from way back when it was mainly JP and NA. Of course these days the FFXI-AH forums include people with nationalities all over the globe!
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-06-04 19:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
Quote:

Yep, I was just coming back to include everyone. Saying NA is just an old habit from way back when it was mainly JP and NA. Of course these days the FFXI-AH forums include people with nationalities all over the globe!

These days? Lol, I've been on this forum for well over 13 years, at least. Sadly, EU players have always been in the minority. No love for us. </3
By Hopalong 2023-06-04 19:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, ffxi has been around awhile thinking back on it.

I always appreciated the EU player base. Keeps ffxi rolling through all hours and who doesn't like the odd dual language discord conversations.

Oh yeah, "Murica". Have you seen Team America World Police, I'm sure you have, funny as hell. Maybe not correct or politically correct, but it's funny.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-06-04 19:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I once had a dynamis LS with mostly NA and EU, with one JP player who was probably the best of all of us and he could only communicate with auto translate and 1-2 word answers at other times. Those were the days.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-06-04 20:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Budweiser and Heineken???

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Phoenix.Jimie
Server: Phoenix
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2023-06-04 20:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

These days? Lol, I've been on this forum for well over 13 years, at least. Sadly, EU players have always been in the minority. No love for us. </3

Try being from NZ ;-;
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-04 20:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jimie said: »

Try being from NZ ;-;
as a sailor and hiker, I have to say you live in my paradise^^
By Draylo 2023-06-04 21:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even get why the last one was locked, it looked really tame compared to almost any thread on here... Not like that other thread where people literally went ape trying to stop different opinions on a vanity shield from being a thing lol
By Foxfire 2023-06-04 21:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I don't even get why the last one was locked, it looked really tame compared to almost any thread on here... Not like that other thread where people literally went ape trying to stop different opinions on a vanity shield from being a thing lol

because it wasn't about how tame the arguments were; the thread literally wasn't for that

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
The purpose for the thread was very clear: post feedback on what we know. Do not speculate. Do not argue. You mother *** managed to somehow draw that into multiple pages and do all the things you weren't supposed to do.

that y'all failed to understand that from the get-go and shifted onto complaining about who's opinion was more valid than the others for x/y/z reason was already derailing the thread.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-06-04 21:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

tbf draylo didnt do anything personally but yeah. that's why. it wasnt a discussion thread, it was just a feedback box. it's like back when we had separate threads for dev posts and dev discussion (people *** that up too but anyway)
By Foxfire 2023-06-04 21:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, i guess i should clarify "y'all" meant in the most general sense
 Phoenix.Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2023-06-04 21:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Foxfire said: »
Draylo said: »

because it wasn't about how tame the arguments were; the thread literally wasn't for that

The purpose for the thread was very clear: post feedback on what we know. Do not speculate. Do not argue. You mother *** managed to somehow draw that into multiple pages and do all the things you weren't supposed to do.

that y'all failed to understand that from the get-go and shifted onto complaining about who's opinion was more valid than the others for x/y/z reason was already derailing the thread.

TBF, it was pretty unreasonable to ask for people's opinions on a new, potentially controversial process and not expect people to respond to others' opinions.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-06-04 21:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not unreasonable at all, it's asking people to be adults. If you want to ***on each other for not agreeing with your exact opinion do it in one of the other 100 threads that it happens on a daily basis. It really isn't that difficult. "Post feedback about the stage 3 upgrade process". We know exactly what that is and what you need to do for it. "In the future, this is where we'll also post feedback about stage 4, stage 5, and weapon balance". Very simple.
 Phoenix.Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2023-06-04 22:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not unreasonable at all, it's asking people to be adults. If you want to ***on each other for not agreeing with your exact opinion do it in one of the other 100 threads that it happens on a daily basis. It really isn't that difficult. "Post feedback about the stage 3 upgrade process". We know exactly what that is and what you need to do for it. "In the future, this is where we'll also post feedback about stage 4, stage 5, and weapon balance". Very simple.

You must be new to the internet
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-06-04 22:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, in fact on most other places on the internet, off topic banter isn't tolerated at all and is automoderated. Just cause XIAH threads tend to become cesspools after the first page doesn't mean it's acceptable behavior.
 Phoenix.Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2023-06-04 22:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You asked "Just write down how you feel about the prime weapon forging process (as we know it right now), what you think could be changed, etc.."

You wanted people's thoughts and feelings, of course that's going to create controversy. Expecting people to not interact with others' thoughts and feelings is unreasonable.

It'd be like asking a group of hard right conservatives and far left liberals, hey guys, what do you think of the Supreme Court's ruling on Roe vs Wade, but please don't argue.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-06-04 22:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If you've got the maturation level of a kindergartener then yeah, I guess restraining yourself is pretty hard. Asking people to write down their opinions and thoughts is not the same as asking people to debate why their idea is the best one. Grow up.
By Hopalong 2023-06-04 22:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

We're good and off topic now for sure!

Anyone see any movement on the JP side of things or are they ok with the rollout?
 Phoenix.Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2023-06-04 22:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If you've got the maturation level of a kindergartener then yeah, I guess restraining yourself is pretty hard. Asking people to write down their opinions and thoughts is not the same as asking people to debate why their idea is the best one. Grow up.

ITT: Having a reasonable expectation of people to debate is immature and cause for "grow up" comments. I can see why the original thread was a failure in your eyes.

If I see anyone being the usual shitter you're getting topicbanned and your post deleted. This isn't a playground for your dumbass circular arguments.

I think starting it with this level of aggression probably didn't help either.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-06-04 22:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh please. That had nothing to do with people bellyaching at each other, arguing about mercing and RMT and its place in FFXI, and why mercing and RMT are the reasons that the weapons should be the way they are (as examples). That's exactly the dumbass circular arguments and usual shittery that I was talking about, and I was proven right.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-06-04 22:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
We're good and off topic now for sure!

Anyone see any movement on the JP side of things or are they ok with the rollout?

I asked this and another user looked into it a bit, I think it’s in the update thread. General idea was cautious concern and waiting to see what phase 4 was like before drawing a conclusion.

That was just a few users though and I recall some criticism from one of their livestreams but not what exactly. I looked for more discussions but came up empty. Their perception and feedback will probably be more important in the long run if there is to be any change or improvement.
By Foxfire 2023-06-04 22:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

i believe manque was the one who went to various blogs and asked for users' opinions, but it was ~4-5 people at most. their responses were in the lines of "well, we don't know the full picture yet, so i can't really say for sure" to "too early to say" to "i look forward to taking it one step at a time over however long it takes". i'd assume these blogs also have a more favorable opinion of the game, which is also why they'd bother maintaining blogs in the year of our vana'diel 2023, which doesn't necessarily align with general public. maybe it does. who knows.

i vaguely skimmed a freshly picked chat while i was looking at the reveals and saw some incredulity; funk also mentioned that some jp users were likening it to the original alexandrite grind with "life imprisonment" and "people have lifespans".
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-06-04 22:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Has this game ever offered a higher opening payment then made it lower on subsequent tiers?

Additionally, couldnt the cost be found by dat mining?
By Foxfire 2023-06-04 22:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Has this game ever offered a higher opening payment then made it lower on subsequent tiers?
can't recall a time it has, unless we consider "alternative" unlock methods lower cost (i.e. ws empyrean unlocks, augment unlocks perhaps? but it's reaching a bit here).

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Additionally, couldnt the cost be found by dat mining?
server-side afaik.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-06-04 22:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It was posted in either discord or the update thread but people checked the text tables and it only had placeholders for the galli and stone values
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-06-04 22:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I looked at the dats and the amount of galli, item, and name of the item were all variable. Apparently that comes from server data, so we won’t know until someone finishes one
First Page 2 ... 15 16 17