Which 5 Trusts For Bursts And Magic Damage?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Which 5 trusts for bursts and magic damage?
Which 5 trusts for bursts and magic damage?
By Kasumuni88 2023-01-29 04:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Which 5 trusts would be optimal for good magic burst windows with magic buffs. A pair that creates light or even best option for darkness. Bonus points for magic buffs. Need mandatory healer too.

Melee DDs can solo things having enough buffs to power through, so I'm curious what can be a great solo party for blm.
 Asura.Alseyn
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2023-01-29 05:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like this question is about setting up a trust party that sets up skillchains for you to burst on, rather than bursting for you.

For light you can use Iroha (specifically Iroha II, I think), she'll make Fragmentation off Vidohunir all day and also sets up lengthy light-based multisteps with huge burst windows. Wouldn't rely on it for anything higher than lower level Apex Bats though.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-01-29 09:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure that trusts are going to ever behave themselves well enough to produce steady SCs on Apex/Locus mobs. Best ep/hr I've managed on BLM these days has been with:

AAEV
Joachim
Arciela
Ygnas (I'm sure Monbreaux would be fine)
Sylvie

And going BLM/SAM with Laev AM3 and 3stepping with self bursts. I've messed around with various different SC combos, here's a few I toy with:

-Vidohunir>Vidohunir>Shattersoul (Distortion>Darkness)
-Full Swing>Rock Crusher>Vidohunir (Fusion>Light)
-Shell Crusher>Starburst>Vidohunir>Vidohunir>Shattersoul
(Detonation>Fragmentation>Distortion>Darkness)

The longer chain is extremely dependent on Joachim behaving himself and sticking to March/Madrigal, and one of the best ways I've found to keep that rolling hurts DPS in the short run, and that's dropping a Myrkr every now and then to keep your MP high enough that Joachim doesn't mix in a Ballad. He'll still of course drop too many Paeons when the healers just time things poorly, but hey- that's trusts.

The tank trust is there to prevent spell interruption because thankfully, trust tanks can actually keep hate over a BLM, but she will interrupt or change the SC when she gets TP (its pretty slow on these level mobs, maybe about ever other mob she gets enough to use). She does at least tend to either extend or continue the chain and make bursts still viable at least.

Fact is, we'll never be able to single-target solo Exemplar Points as efficiently as DD jobs because of about a dozen different reasons. I've taken to seeing when friends of mine are slogging thru EP with trusts as a DD, and offer to just burst for them. Easily doubles what I can do solo even under the best conditions. I'm also very curious about potential Mana Wall cleaving in older CP camps that might be viable, if any have suggestions.
 Ragnarok.Siyual
Server: Ragnarok
user: Siyual
By Ragnarok.Siyual 2023-01-29 09:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

My solo BLM party comp is:

EV
Iroha 2
Yoran
Literally anything else.

Open Vidohunir and start casting Thunder/Fire/Wind. Iroha 2 will close with a Light or Fusion SC before your spell gets off. 2 MB's and dead mob. Rinse repeat.

Makes easy work of Apex Crabs and Locus Tomb Worms. Can add Koru for the added Dispel on crabs, but bonus for those types is you can Aspir, so no need as much for AF body
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-01-29 16:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Siyual said: »

EV
Iroha 2
Yoran
Literally anything else.

Open Vidohunir and start casting Thunder/Fire/Wind. Iroha 2 will close with a Light or Fusion SC before your spell gets off. 2 MB's and dead mob. Rinse repeat.

Makes easy work of Apex Crabs and Locus Tomb Worms. Can add Koru for the added Dispel on crabs, but bonus for those types is you can Aspir, so no need as much for AF body

so question on Iroha 2-

I assume you use the language you do because she is reliably building TP on Apex/Locus level mobs and does so smartly. Are you still going full caster-mode BLM, with a mage sub, and letting Occult Acumen from casting fill your TP bar for that opening Vido, or meleeing as well? Definitely intrigued to at least give this setup a try based on your very casual comments of "makes easy work of Apex Crabs".

I do apologize, I just so rarely have faith in the Melee Trusts to do anything well, or with consistency, on anything above 'Even Match'.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2023-01-29 16:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If you ever need trusts to hit stuff, Blazing Wyrm memento is the way.
 Ragnarok.Siyual
Server: Ragnarok
user: Siyual
By Ragnarok.Siyual 2023-01-29 17:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Ragnarok.Siyual said: »

EV
Iroha 2
Yoran
Literally anything else.

so question on Iroha 2-

I assume you use the language you do because she is reliably building TP on Apex/Locus level mobs and does so smartly. Are you still going full caster-mode BLM, with a mage sub, and letting Occult Acumen from casting fill your TP bar for that opening Vido, or meleeing as well? Definitely intrigued to at least give this setup a try based on your very casual comments of "makes easy work of Apex Crabs".

I do apologize, I just so rarely have faith in the Melee Trusts to do anything well, or with consistency, on anything above 'Even Match'.

I engage and TP alongside them. Accuracy has never seemed to be much of an issue, even on the Locus mobs, for trusts. Though, having Koru in party can also help them land hits, since in addition to Dispel, he will also cast Distract.

I tend to go as BLM/RDM, mostly to have access to Distract to pull with in case Koru is failing at his only job. The two magic bursts it takes to kill the Apex mobs will yield about 600-800 TP in full magic burst gear, so it only takes a couple hits to get back to 1000 TP. Only on rare occasions has Iroha not been ready or close to ready by the time I have 1000 TP.

Apex Crabs are a very good starting target. I've gotten well above chain 50's on them solo with this method. It will always take two magic bursts to kill them, since a 99999 burst doesn't completely kill them.

Locus Tomb Worms are a nicer target for master level soloing, since they don't agro, don't move, and overall don't do anything. There's plenty in the area to just keep a chain going for hours.

These are the sets I use:

Melee:
ItemSet 389599
(Cape: DEX, ACC, STP)

Magic Burst:
ItemSet 389600
(Cape: INT, MACC, MDMG, MAB)

Aspir:
ItemSet 389601
(Merlinic: Drain & Aspir Potency +11%)

Occult Acumen Nukes (If needed):
ItemSet 389602
(Merlinic: OA +11)
(Cape: STP (can reuse melee))
1 tier-6 nuke will generate 1000 TP with this set. Don't expect a lot of damage on these nukes - this is primarily a TP battery in the event it's needed.

The sets I use are a bit on the BIS end, but you can just as easily do this with an average set. Especially on the Apex Crabs.