Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Some gear suggestions
Some gear suggestions
 Odin.Myhnegon
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Myhnegon
By Odin.Myhnegon 2009-11-03 05:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Since i'm not up to date on the latest gear releases, and i usually don't read all that forum stuff etc, so i'm curious about better opinions with my gear, but plz with an explaination for each piece u'd change

TP

WS

Barrage

I sure want Zha'Go's Barbut for TP setup, is there anything else?

Also i usually use my RNG only on HNM like Odin, Ixion etc pp, don't need any fits for merit PT.

Also anyone tried Sea Gorget vs Justice Torque for WS yet? the STR+5 better than Gorget?
 Bahamut.Evilswine
Server: Bahamut
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2009-11-03 08:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

aim for a 6-hit. you already have Skadi feet, so Skadi legs should be makeable + get a rose strap and you're set

Quote:
I sure want Zha'Go's Barbut for TP setup, is there anything else?

Nothing can beat Barbut IMO
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-11-03 09:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Myhnegon said:
Also anyone tried Sea Gorget vs Justice Torque for WS yet? the STR 5 better than Gorget?

There has been significant testing done by JPs into gourgets and they've shown its better than the +5 str on justice torque. The gourget alters your fTP which "is a multiplier of your Base Damage on the first hit of a weapon skill." to quote wiki.

It also adds acc to all hits on a WS, dunno how much you miss your WS's but the added acc on WS = higher DoT.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-03 09:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Get another Triumph Earring +1! You're gimping it up with Triumph Earring =/
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-11-03 10:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Zha'Go's Barbut is the best option you'll find for the head, but you must absolutely ditch the Gnadbhod's helm in your TP set. Trade it for your AF1 beret, an Optical hat, or even the AF2 hat from Dyn-Jeuno. All of these will give better results during TP until you obtain the Barbut. Alternatively, a properly augmented Anwig Salade can be pretty sexy, too.

If you can get the Scout's legs, use them during TP and macro the Pahluwan legs in for weapon skills.

Unless you plan to do a 6-hit build, drop the Rajas ring in favor of a R.Acc+ ring during TP, like Behemoth's+1. Continue to macro Rajas for WS.

If you do plan for 6-hit, Rajas, Skadi legs, and Rose Strap should be more than sufficient.

I might also recommend a Novia earring for both TP and WS. Your Triumph earrings arent useful during TP, and yes you lose 2 STR during your weapon skills... but that -7 enmity is hard to ignore when you're constantly shooting Sidewinders up Ixion's ***.

As far as your weapon skill set goes... everything looks to be in good order.

The only other sets I use while on Ranger is a set for Barrage and a set for Shadowbind, both of which are taken care of by one piece: Hunter's Bracers +1. If you dont have them HQ'd, they're useless for barrage. Either way, this set should basically just be your TP set, with the gloves switched out.
 Bahamut.Evilswine
Server: Bahamut
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2009-11-03 13:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Sovereign said:
I might also recommend a Novia earring for both TP and WS. Your Triumph earrings arent useful during TP, and yes you lose 2 STR during your weapon skills... but that -7 enmity is hard to ignore when you're constantly shooting Sidewinders up Ixion's ***.

^ QFT
[+]
 Asura.Sneaker
Server: Asura
By Asura.Sneaker 2009-11-06 15:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

rly nice gear
and big gratz on the AV drop!

for tp i woulda switch in the relic pants -> 7 ra acc and -2 enmity
helps over time to reduce hate a bit

for barrage i recommend the dusk legs -> full ra acc gain on the slot
and more chance to hit all shots

im using af1+1 hands aswell,and hitting all makes a difference

im using anwig salade full time with: str+4 ra acc ws acc+15 ra acc +10 and ra att +5 and tbh: its rly worth to get

for tping Zha'Go's Barbut is full win if u have or can get
and its the only headpiece i would swap in for my anwig salade+

ws waiste -> Buccaneer's Belt, str+4, ra acc+4 AND enmity -4!!

since rng is non of my main jobs and i dont have merits in it yet
ik how important it is to hit the sidewinders
one more reason why i got the anwig salade ^^

nice ranger - keep it going ^^
 Asura.Misuto
Server: Asura
By Asura.Misuto 2009-11-07 09:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

WS legs, Enkidu Subligar STR+4 (and STP+5) or Hachiryu Haidate STR+10... Skadi Legs for TP with consideration on STP setup.

Skadi Hands will outperform blood on weaponskills.

IDK who was testing the STR+5 vs Gorget, but they must not have been doing it on ranger. Take into consideration that ranged attacks are 2.0 to STR. My hope torque outperforms gorget on weaponskills, and the justice torque is supposed to outperform hope.

Um, knitpicking, but behemoth ring +1 for barrage? White Box Onry >>

Turtle hat is good for TP, yep.

The expansion gear pieces offer some choices, most notably the ACP body with Snapshot+5 and ranged attack+10 for TP. The MKP Head offers STR+4 Weaponskill Accuracy +15 and a choice between Ranged Attack +5 Ranged accuracy+10 or AGI+4 Weaponskill Damage +2%. Both of these choices are valid and I think it's just personal preference between the two. I personally go for the former for accuracy overkill. The new pants coming out next week have an interesting augment "barrage+1". I question whether this stacks with AF hands, or whether they act like DRK AF head and Gloom Breastplate on souleater effect. Also ranged attack+7 on those legs. (or movement speed +8%! O_o)

uhhh...
Knitpicking again, Pahluwan body offers increased critical hit rate over AF body. Scout's belt is supposed to slightly outperform Buccaneer's belt. Also, another person in another thread on this site argues to the death that with MAX POSSIBLE PERFECT AUGMENTS, Fey Gendawa outperforms Ebow. GL with that one. loljaeger mantle for barrage? ACP7 rewards can produce a Ruby Earring with STR+2 Ranged Attack+5, if you're lucky.

That's all that comes to mind on the subject, also very envious of the AV ring.
 Odin.Myhnegon
Server: Odin
user: Myhnegon
By Odin.Myhnegon 2009-11-11 05:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

thx for ur input, i'll try it out