Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Escutcheon Tracker
Escutcheon Tracker
 Ragnarok.Siyual
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Siyual
By Ragnarok.Siyual 2022-12-15 22:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure there are better ones that exist out in the wild, but I hadn't come across anything in my trivial amount of searching. So I decided to make my own. It's helped me immensely on my Escutcheon progress, and I do hope that someone out there may also find it equally as useful.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/77izlz9ui9y7315/Escutcheon.xlsm?dl=1

Note: This is an .xlsm file - a macro-enabled Excel file. I could not get this to work as I envisioned as a Google Doc, but if someone smarter than I would like a crack at it, feel free.

While this is not perfect, it is scarily accurate for what it needs to be. Here's a quick write-up about how to use it.

Summary Section
The top-left part of the file contains a summary of all the information:

Current Server Select your server from the dropdown to update pricing information to match prices on your server.
Current Spirit Add your actual spirit amount here.
Remaining Spirit The amount of spirit you have left.
Potential Spirit The amount of spirit you can get with the spheres you currently have (assumes all NQ and no breaks. YMMV).
New Spirit Current Spirit + Potential Spirit
Remaining Cost (3) The cost to purchase the remaining spheres & catalysts for doing only 3-sphere chains.
Remaining Cost (4) The cost to purchase the remaining spheres & catalysts for doing only 4-sphere chains.

Pressing the Refresh FFXIAH Data button will update the pricing information for your selected server. The last time a refresh was done is listed above the button.

Sphere Section
The widest part of the screen is the sphere section:

Set The amount of spheres you currently have set to the expensive vending machine.
Inventory The amount of spheres you currently have in your inventory.
Have Set + Inventory
Equity How much you could get by selling what you have.
AH Stock The number of spheres currently on the AH (must click Refresh FFXIAH Data button to reload.
Need The amount of spheres you still need to buy (assumes equal distribution. Broken into 3-sphere and 4-sphere paths)
Cost The cost of the remaining amount of spheres from the Need section.

Synth Paths
A condensed view of all four of the main synthesis paths, with the total amount of spheres you currently have.

Each row shows the synthesis paths:
Detonation -> Compression -> Distortion -> Darkness
Transfixion -> Scission -> Gravitation -> Darkness
Induration -> Reverberation -> Fusion -> Light
Liquefaction -> Impaction -> Fragmentation -> Light

The rightmost two columns show how many 3-sphere and 4-sphere chains you can make with the spheres you have (this influences the Potential Spirit in the Summary section.

Purchase Focuser
A visualizer for the best bang-for-your-buck when it comes to buying new spheres:

This section may look confusing at first glance, so let me explain a bit. This chart has different parts of a synthesis path either lit or crossed out depending on what you currently need. It's ordered from top-to-bottom by the CPS field (Cost per spirit), with the best value at the top.

In the example provided, I have 146 Induration, 87 Reverberation, and 48 Fusion. It's really wanting me to buy 39 more Fusion, as those would lead immediately to a new 3-sphere chain, yielding 21 potential spirit.

In entries where there are two spheres highlighted in the row (the 4th line has Reverberation and Fusion), it is recommending that you buy both of those spheres.

Near the bottom, you can also see Scission with a much lower CPS than the ones sorted above it, however, buying any more of those would not directly lead to a new chain, so it's sorted further down.

If money is no issue, this section won't be very useful to you. But if you're wanting to get the most spirit for the money you have, it's extremely useful.

Catalysts
A quick summary of the catalysts you'll still need to purchase. Mostly added as a nice-to-know, since you can't really do anything about them.

Price Checker
Pretty self-explanatory. Put in an amount and it spits out a price based on the AH prices. Adding anything here doesn't impact anything else on the sheet.

Essentially, there are only a few editable sections in this file:

• Current Server

• Current Spirit

• Spheres Set

• Spheres in Inventory

• Price check

Everything else has been locked to prevent accidental modification.

Note on the file
Because this file is an XLSM file and coming from the interwebs, you will need to right-click the file and select Properties after downloading it.

At the bottom of the Properties is a checkbox to Unblock the contents of the file. Check this box and press OK to enable the contents of the file. You don't have to take my word for it - the VBA code within the file is not locked, and can be perused through if you desire. The only purpose of the VBA is to auto-sort the Purchase Focus table and pull price information from FFXIAH.

Upon opening the file, you'll also see the following content warning:

You'll want to click Enable Content to allow the VBA scripts to run. Again, you can view the VBA code if you'd like to verify there's nothing malicious.

And lastly, when selecting Refresh FFXIAH Data for the first time, you will likely see the following:

The only sites this reaches out to is FFXIAH, and does this publicly, so you can select the Ignore checkbox and hit Save.

---------------------------------------

With all of that said, this is by no means perfect, but it's certainly useful, and from my experience, extremely accurate. If someone who knows more about Google Docs would like to take a shot at converting it to work there, be my guest. But I'd not gotten it to work correctly at all.

Please direct any comments, concerns, outbursts, or frustrations my way, and I'll try to address them as I can.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-15 23:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

<that's interesting>
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [152 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Siyual
Server: Ragnarok
user: Siyual
By Ragnarok.Siyual 2023-05-16 14:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Pushed a few updates to the file.

Another tab was added for tracking Craft Points, and some corrections were made to the logic to determine how many more spheres you need, which leads to better tracking and more accurate cost estimates.

I've used this for two shields to completion now, and not seen any major issues, but please let me know if you encounter anything weird or outright incorrect.
[+]