Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 162 163 164
By Ruaumoko 2022-10-28 00:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

drakefs said: »
Attempted Dhartok tonight. For some reason it went highly evasive to just about everything (RA, Magic and maybe melee). Was using SCH to open Fusion and RNG closing Light with Trueflight. I (the RDM/RUN) died followed by the RNG. Did not reset fight, got back up and continued tanking but it started to resist flash,gravity and frazzle. The RNG could not land a RA, even though before the death they did not have an acc issue.

Anyone else seen this?
I've seen a few heavily resisted nukes during burst windows as well. However, I did notice Dhartok was in a poison cloud at the time. Perhaps being in one gives him a DT-%?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-28 01:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Moderndayz said: »
The bosses do have the BP resistance nerf.
Not just the bosses, the normal monsters too.
Can easily see that with Apogee using the same BP.
By SimonSes 2022-10-28 03:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not about BP nerf I think, but ability to open skillchain without producing the effect of ws wall. So can Blood pact open SC and following WS do full damage. It can be done with SCH for example.
By Penpenn 2022-10-28 07:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm working through typing up a guide, but I thought I would share some thoughts on the EFG bosses. Last night, my group was able to successfully kill Triboulex (G Boss) in less than 2 minutes.

Party Comp
RUN BLM SCH GEO COR RNG

While Rayke/Gambit is nice, I didn't feel like it was a necessity. Group compilation could utilize a PLD who could then assist with some self-healing, as well as pop Fealty for debuffs. I'm also wondering if tank should sub something other than BLU for this comp as all pulls are single target.

Buffs
Indi-haste, Geo-malaise OR
Indi-acumen, Geo-malaise, Entrust Indi-Haste
SAM/Wizard Roll for RNG, Wizard/Warlock for everyone else
SCH calls out for random deals and wild cards to ensure strats always up, and maximize use out of Tabula (Preferred on F & G Bosses)

Triboulex(G) and Skomora(C) - Metal helpful
Triboulex - Tabula up, Embrava pre-pull, then SCH makes Fusion SC and RNG extends the chain with Trueflight. The RNG closer is therefore not subject to the WS wall (due to no actual WS before it) and was hitting 99k with a light SC hitting 99k thereafter. SCH can pyrohelix a burst window, but otherwise BLM does all fire bursts. Killed in just under 2min. Metal was worth having just so we could take curse off after the kill and save time running around.
Skomora we did the same chain, but no Tabula as it wasn't necessary.

Dhartok(E) & Ghatjot(A) - Metal not needed
Kited by the tank (we didn't have metal). SCH opened Immanence Fire > RNG Trueflight making Scission, bursted Earth. SCH can decide to continue chain if RNG can TP fast enough to make again, or just reset chain and continue on. To continue chain, just Imm.Fire again making Liquefaction, and next Trueflight will make Scission (works infinitely but SC window shortens I believe).
Killed easily with earth bursts, 99k trueflights and scission damage.

Gartell(F) & Leshonn(B) - Metal not needed
Thunder Hands - SCH Imm.Fire > Trueflight making Scission, bursting Earth
Wind Hands - SCH Imm. Light > Trueflight making Distortion, bursting Ice

Biggest flaw in the setup for #F is that immanence light is using Luminohelix. We didn't think about the helix debuff when we went in, and our SCH bursted a helix early on that wound up being zapped onto people later when in thunder hands and killing us. We had Gartell at 2% with 15s left in the Sortie run and wiped. Helix dropped him to 1% before the timer wore and we were sad we didn't get the zombie kill.

Tonight, we may try COR Hot Shot > RNG Trueflight for the distortion chain in order to avoid the helix, but we'll lose a lot of RNG damage that way (but probably live).
[+]
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-10-28 10:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Penpenn said: »
Tonight, we may try COR Hot Shot > RNG Trueflight for the distortion chain in order to avoid the helix, but we'll lose a lot of RNG damage that way (but probably live).

Could just have your SCH make weak sets for the pertinent tier 1 helices. All Fast Cast & zero MAB/magic damage.
[+]
By Penpenn 2022-10-28 10:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Of note - I'm wrong on RNG damage for Gartell specifically. The Trueflight is really just to extend the change from a distance and make ice.

Agreed you could do tier 1 helices, but they would need to be like... super weak (less than 100 dmg) or else you are essentially adding a DoT onto your tank to heal through when the only true "healer" of the group is the GEO during the boss fight since SCH is focusing on making SCs.

Ideally, Gartell AND Triboulex would both be done with the benefit of Tabula Rasa, or at least very nicely timed Random Deals / Wild Cards.
By drakefs 2022-10-28 14:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
I've seen a few heavily resisted nukes during burst windows as well. However, I did notice Dhartok was in a poison cloud at the time. Perhaps being in one gives him a DT-%?

Damage wasn't the issue, it was the fact that the RNG could not hit Dhartok at all. I couldn't land frazzle\gravity. It just got super evasive.

Post deleted by User.
By wick 2022-10-28 16:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Penpenn said: »
I'm working through typing up a guide, but I thought I would share some thoughts on the EFG bosses. Last night, my group was able to successfully kill Triboulex (G Boss) in less than 2 minutes.

Party Comp
RUN BLM SCH GEO COR RNG

While Rayke/Gambit is nice, I didn't feel like it was a necessity. Group compilation could utilize a PLD who could then assist with some self-healing, as well as pop Fealty for debuffs. I'm also wondering if tank should sub something other than BLU for this comp as all pulls are single target.

Buffs
Indi-haste, Geo-malaise OR
Indi-acumen, Geo-malaise, Entrust Indi-Haste
SAM/Wizard Roll for RNG, Wizard/Warlock for everyone else
SCH calls out for random deals and wild cards to ensure strats always up, and maximize use out of Tabula (Preferred on F & G Bosses)

Triboulex(G) and Skomora(C) - Metal helpful
Triboulex - Tabula up, Embrava pre-pull, then SCH makes Fusion SC and RNG extends the chain with Trueflight. The RNG closer is therefore not subject to the WS wall (due to no actual WS before it) and was hitting 99k with a light SC hitting 99k thereafter. SCH can pyrohelix a burst window, but otherwise BLM does all fire bursts. Killed in just under 2min. Metal was worth having just so we could take curse off after the kill and save time running around.
Skomora we did the same chain, but no Tabula as it wasn't necessary.

Dhartok(E) & Ghatjot(A) - Metal not needed
Kited by the tank (we didn't have metal). SCH opened Immanence Fire > RNG Trueflight making Scission, bursted Earth. SCH can decide to continue chain if RNG can TP fast enough to make again, or just reset chain and continue on. To continue chain, just Imm.Fire again making Liquefaction, and next Trueflight will make Scission (works infinitely but SC window shortens I believe).
Killed easily with earth bursts, 99k trueflights and scission damage.

Gartell(F) & Leshonn(B) - Metal not needed
Thunder Hands - SCH Imm.Fire > Trueflight making Scission, bursting Earth
Wind Hands - SCH Imm. Light > Trueflight making Distortion, bursting Ice

Biggest flaw in the setup for #F is that immanence light is using Luminohelix. We didn't think about the helix debuff when we went in, and our SCH bursted a helix early on that wound up being zapped onto people later when in thunder hands and killing us. We had Gartell at 2% with 15s left in the Sortie run and wiped. Helix dropped him to 1% before the timer wore and we were sad we didn't get the zombie kill.

#F boss I decided to just wildfire > wildfire and then can MB ice or stone when needed and never miss WS.
 Fenrir.Zenion
Server: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-28 16:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Moderndayz said: »
Sounds like you did something you shouldn't have (water damage) and raged it just like Gashot.

Also got first starstone today... fml

Haven't people been saying it gets Drown while it's in the poison clouds, basically slowly raging itself?

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-10-28 22:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Possible to kill 7 room bosses with SCH SCH BLM GEO RUN COR in one run, netted 53k Galli (had about 4mins left)

We did ABC, and EFGH, and all 4 roaming NM on the first floor, Naraka on the 2nd floor.

-edit
-TR/Bolster Triboulex, TR Gartell, Don't need to SP Darthok(sp) Cutting the first SCH that TRs, try Wildcard, TR/(bolster if lucky) Aita
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-10-28 23:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, they all died before 3mins elapsed
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-10-28 23:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Possible to kill 7 room bosses with SCH SCH BLM GEO RUN COR in one run, netted 53k Galli (had about 4mins left)

We did ABC, and EFGH, and all 4 roaming NM on the first floor, Naraka on the 2nd floor.

-edit
-TR/Bolster Triboulex, TR Gartell, Don't need to SP Darthok(sp) Cutting the first SCH that TRs, try Wildcard, TR/(bolster if lucky) Aita
Did you have boss KIs already before this run I assume?
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-10-29 00:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
Nope, only had the KI u get from klling the D boss on a run way in the past. Mischief is gonna post he says. I don;t know jack about Sortie tbh, hate the content/have n't bothered to learn any of it. Other than the fact that we get to mage again, and it's needed for +3 I likely would never do it. I follow my Ls mates who been doing it since release, and just tank ***lol. Xiu did record a run where we killed ABC EFG, but did n't record the run we did today afaik.

-many edits, it's late and brain is derp
[+]
 Bahamut.Mischief
user: Mischief
By Bahamut.Mischief 2022-10-29 00:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »

-edit

We only had H shard upon going in, we split up to quickly get the A/B/C shards and A/C metal before killing those bosses. BLM kills 6 acuex (and Obdella if close by), COR kills 5 wind eles, everyone else goes to C to kill Bhoot and then 6 SC/MBs. Everyone meets in C, then C > B > A > G > E > F > H bosses. Obdella (if BLM didn't get), Porxie and Naraka are killed on the way, the other basement minibosses are ignored. Time's probably too tight to get all 8 bosses in one run, but you could alternate D and H bosses on separate runs.

Aita takes noticeably less damage than the other bosses, but it's still possible to kill within 3 minutes with 1hrs. If you can't, however, Vivisection is actually Dark magic damage. Sforzo can block it, and Lux Liement can also block it if you time it well. It does retain its full Dispel effect if you live through it. After Vivisection, he isn't aligned with any element, but his DT doesn't seem to increase either until he uses another non-Vivisection TP move.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-10-29 00:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

^
By Weeew 2022-10-29 14:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-10-29 20:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The Chest #B3 objective description in bg-wiki is not completely accurate. Using SCH SC/MB - killing 5 mobs does not result in the objective being completed. We had to have the COR use ws on elementals to complete this objective.
 Shiva.Liam
By Shiva.Liam 2022-10-29 23:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this has been noted already, but at least with metal, Clobbering wave from Dhartok only seems to hurt when you are poisoned. which I guess you need metal to avoid, because you cant remove it otherwise. purely observational but I think dmg may be based on number of tics poisons been on you?
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-10-30 01:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Metal in H is NOT from killing NM after killing all fomors. Unless we somehow missed a fomor, but I doubt that. One of the blue chest however seems to be from killing all fomors with the same job. I think for us it was all PLDs, but I'm not sure. We were using AOE and weren't really expecting a blue chest.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-10-30 02:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Liam said: »
Not sure if this has been noted already, but at least with metal, Clobbering wave from Dhartok only seems to hurt when you are poisoned. which I guess you need metal to avoid, because you cant remove it otherwise. purely observational but I think dmg may be based on number of tics poisons been on you?

The poisons from Taint appear to stack. I'm wondering if Clobbering Wave has a "detonate" or "poison explosion" mechanic similar to other games that would cause all remaining poisons to resolve simultaneously. This would at least help explain the drastic variety in damage reports.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-30 04:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Some questions for soloers (and I mean real soloers, not multiboxers)
How do you deal with the following chests?

1) Casket #B1 - I managed to do this only once on DNC, Evis > Rudra > Rudra, using climactic for the 2 Rudras. Any other way?
2) Chest #D5 - I guess a dedicated run for this? On a job who can use some form of crowd control, like BLU? It's a lot of Fomors...
3) Casket #F2 - I managed to this only once on SAM, but I haven't tried that many times to be fair. How much time on average does it take you? I think it's >20minutes for me, and you need to watch out for unwanted aggro or it could mean a wipe (in the big room)
By SimonSes 2022-10-30 06:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Some questions for soloers (and I mean real soloers, not multiboxers)
How do you deal with the following chests?

1) Casket #B1 - I managed to do this only once on DNC, Evis > Rudra > Rudra, using climactic for the 2 Rudras. Any other way?
2) Chest #D5 - I guess a dedicated run for this? On a job who can use some form of crowd control, like BLU? It's a lot of Fomors...
3) Casket #F2 - I managed to this only once on SAM, but I haven't tried that many times to be fair. How much time on average does it take you? I think it's >20minutes for me, and you need to watch out for unwanted aggro or it could mean a wipe (in the big room)

B1 is just hard on anything that doesn't do good elemental WS. I did it few times on BLU by doing requiescat>Expiacion 3 times per elemental, but it's hard. I basically needed to prepare 3000 tp before entering B and prebuff with qultada chaos roll and switch him to other trust, then buff with nature. Only with full attack buffs and dia III I had enough damage to finish off elemental by doing that skillchain 3 times. It's easier to do physical damage to Umbrils, but if they doom you, it can completely breaks the run if it takes like 25+ sec to get doom off or worse you will die from it.
This objective is easier on RDM with right equip and also on RNG and COR. Possibly also on SAM and NIN doing skillchains with hybrid WSs or maybe on SAM with Murasamemaru doing standard SCs. Possibly also for DRK with Anguta doing SC with 2 * shadow of death. Maybe also MNK with Formless strike. Maybe BST using mdb down and SC with Cloudspliter or just spam Primal Rend.

Chest D5 is probably not possible solo at all beside BLU AOE. Killing them one by one takes too long solo. Especially if you need to look out for big links in big rooms. PLD possibly too, with pulling big groups and AoE with Aeolian. Maybe also THF with bis gear and Gandring using perfect dodge twice to AoE everything in 2 biggest rooms, then one by one everything else.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-30 07:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Chest D5 completely solo sounds a pain, there's way too many Fomors there.
Guess I'll try to team up with someone...
 Asura.Bigtymer
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2022-10-30 11:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mischief said: »
Time's probably too tight to get all 8 bosses in one run, but you could alternate D and H bosses on separate runs.

All 8 in one run is indeed possible. Even a group that's mostly vanilla, if not entirely vanilla (Kaggra's group) has done it. No Aurum, btw.
By drakefs 2022-10-30 11:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bigtymer said: »
Bahamut.Mischief said: »
Time's probably too tight to get all 8 bosses in one run, but you could alternate D and H bosses on separate runs.

All 8 in one run is indeed possible. Even a group that's mostly vanilla, if not entirely vanilla (Kaggra's group) has done it.

Did Kaggra's group prefarm the shards for ABCD? Per Mischief, they only had H shard, so they lost time to getting ABC shards.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-10-30 12:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It might beIS possible if you have everything prefarmed, but likely very tight and no room for error.SINCE IT IS POSSIBLE to kill all 8 without pre-farming.
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 162 163 164