Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 87 88 89 ... 162 163 164
By SimonSes 2022-10-20 18:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karppa said: »
This might be answered allready..but what triggers that locked door in E to open..where naakuals are...been there trapped few times..

5min timer
[+]
 Asura.Karppa
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2022-10-20 18:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
This might be answered allready..but what triggers that locked door in E to open..where naakuals are...been there trapped few times..

5min timer

Thx a lot for info :) that expalains it.. spent too much time when dboxin it..or I just suck dboxin....XD

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2022-10-20 19:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Stayfresh said: »
This might be answered allready..but what triggers that locked door in E to open..where naakuals are...been there trapped few times..didnt get even that bitzer room :(
Kill the 6 naakual in the side you are on. Order doesn’t matter.

Slow, my bad didn’t refresh. But yeah run fast enough first. :p

:D
 Shiva.Carrelo
Server: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2022-10-20 20:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sahzi said: »
Valefor.Maurauc said: »
I can confirm that 5/5 Empyrean Lockstyle worked. A mix of +1 and +2 on my RDM.

This is great info for soloers doing basic hunt n grabs.

Anyone know if it needs to be 5/5 empyrean for the job you are on? Does it need to all be for the same job?

For instance, can you be on run wearing empyrean rdm hat, thf legs, WAR body etc etc?
Tried checking the bitzer on DRG with 5/5 ebers +2 lockstyle, didn't work. Had a WHM in party, so was curious to see if it might've allowed any set matching a party member's job (it did not).

Tried taking off lockstyle completely and checking it again (still DRG) while wearing 5/5 peltast's +2, got the chest.

Conclusion: When you check the bitzer for casket #F1, you need the empyrean set that matches your current job. Lockstyle isn't actually required if you turn it off and equip 5/5 empyrean.
 Shiva.Larrymc
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-10-20 20:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bolotus E box - use SCH SC/MB (Fire SC/MB) to get it down to 10% - then used Leaden Salude to kill from behind - No box.

Rematerialized.

This time use NO magic on it, only ws (Leaden Salude + others) + SC from behind. Got the box + metal.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-10-20 21:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
jp site is saying coffer H is alphabetical kill order, and Casket F1 is wear 5/5 empy when clicking it (possibly only as style lock; idk google translated to rock style).

We did this tonight and can confirm alphabetical kill in H.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-10-20 21:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
Bolotus E box - use SCH SC/MB (Fire SC/MB) to get it down to 10% - then used Leaden Salude to kill from behind - No box.

Rematerialized.

This time use NO magic on it, only ws (Leaden Salude + others) + SC from behind. Got the box + metal.

We just got it by blasting it down from behind with random SC's happening. Just be within a 30~45 degree arc behind it and your find.
 Shiva.Ragnarzero
By Shiva.Ragnarzero 2022-10-20 22:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Tested tonight, Lock styled 5/5 Blu gear on my Cor didn't work, then walked my mule over 5/5 redmage lock style on rdm and got it right away.
[+]
 Fenrir.Positron
Server: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-10-20 23:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The condition for getting the coffer from the Bhoot seems to have changed completely. Our last 2 runs we killed it well within 2 minutes of entering C and did not get the coffer.
By klayy 2022-10-21 00:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw this is a sortie guide... this isn't it... right? Orrr... could it be?

Blue Casket #F2 - Interact with the Bitzer while lockstyling 5/5 Empyrean armor for the job you are on.
By klayy 2022-10-21 00:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm from talking to LS ppl... it might be? My WHM (who has done this 3 times) does lockstyle that. The guy who told me he gets it every time solo lockstyles empy on WHm and BST also. I'm gonna try it in a second my on COR.
By klayy 2022-10-21 00:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

yup, it/s a thing.
By klayy 2022-10-21 01:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

feels like only pieces missing now are the metals on horse and flower and the onlyflans/veela equivalents in G/H?
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-10-21 01:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fun fact I haven't seen anywhere else.

In both D and H if you kill all of the Demisang/Haughty for the "kill in order" requirement with the same blue spell. It does count as killing in order. So as long as no resists or weird HP shenanigans you can shortcut killing in order that way.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-21 02:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I still haven't explored the basement level more than a few minutes, for now.
I'm wondering how does the "teleporting around" thing work for the basement floor?

On the upper floor you have an initial diaphanous thingy at start, th en 4 more that you can unlock by touching them.

For the basement how does it work?
And are the teleporters of the basement "connected" to the diaphanous devices of the upper floor, once unlocked?
I mean... can you like use the initial diaphanous device to warp to the E, F, G, H ones, once unlocked?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-21 02:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Each basement area is separated and only reachable by its first floor counterpart. So from E you can only go back to A etc.
Oooh that is neat.
So each time you do a sortie run you can do whatever you want in the upper floor, but you need to decide one of the 4 basement zones and won't be able to do any other than the one you picked up.
You will eventually be able to go back to the upper floor, but that's it.

So in theory a fast group could go down, clear whatever they want from that zone, then back up to enter another basement zone and so on until you run out of time.
Correct?

And I guess if people pos-hack from one basement zone to another, they will just find the other basement zone empty and without enemies because they get "loaded" in the zone the moment you use the warpy-device to enter it.
I assume at least, but makes sense given how SE handles these things usually.

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2022-10-21 03:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

What elements are people using to burst on the F boss? My SCH damage was *** from the get go even with bursts.

Blizzard for wind hand active, Stone for lightning hand active.
With both hands active, it takes super low damage from anything I think.
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-10-21 05:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What’s everyone’s luck with stars so far? We’ve done a run every day for the past week and got 30 smelly old cases. Close to just calling it a day with terrible content. The effort/reward ratio is way off.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-10-21 05:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Rematerialized.

We just got it by blasting it down from behind with random SC's happening. Just be within a 30~45 degree arc behind it and your find.

We keep getting charmed by it from WSing behind and all hell breaks lose
By SimonSes 2022-10-21 06:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jokes said: »
What’s everyone’s luck with stars so far? We’ve done a run every day for the past week and got 30 smelly old cases. Close to just calling it a day with terrible content. The effort/reward ratio is way off.

I got 3 so far, but none from the with main static runs (4 per week). In static we are currently like 0/??. At least 5 boss kills, 10(?) red and 30+ blue.
Funny enough I got 2 Stars in one run IN A ROW from Red then blue and 3rd one I got on totally miserable run that started with wipe and in which I only got like 1 red and 3 blues.
By SimonSes 2022-10-21 06:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »

Rematerialized.

We keep getting charmed by it from WSing behind and all hell breaks lose

{Stun}{Sudden Lunge}{You can have this.} :)
By Penpenn 2022-10-21 06:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What party compositions does everyone see as worthwhile for F/G/H? We have been very successful in E running PLD SCH RDM COR RNG BRD, but the other zone bosses have proved challenging at best.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Server: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-10-21 06:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Rematerialized.

I was soloing it with AAEV tanking and killed it with Savage Blade. I pulled hate in the last few percent so it was facing me for the kill. I was nuking with Burst Affinity Tenebral Crush when it is up.

So far, I have killed it 3 times, twice on BLU and once on COR and got the coffer for every kill.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-10-21 07:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Each basement area is separated and only reachable by its first floor counterpart. So from E you can only go back to A etc.
Oooh that is neat.
So each time you do a sortie run you can do whatever you want in the upper floor, but you need to decide one of the 4 basement zones and won't be able to do any other than the one you picked up.
You will eventually be able to go back to the upper floor, but that's it.

So in theory a fast group could go down, clear whatever they want from that zone, then back up to enter another basement zone and so on until you run out of time.
Correct?

And I guess if people pos-hack from one basement zone to another, they will just find the other basement zone empty and without enemies because they get "loaded" in the zone the moment you use the warpy-device to enter it.
I assume at least, but makes sense given how SE handles these things usually.

It doesn't prevent you from doing the others, just gotta exit that sub-zone, warp to another area, then use a different zones Blitzer.
 Kujata.Atarashi
Server: Kujata
user: TaoVhal
By Kujata.Atarashi 2022-10-21 07:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

JP twitter comments: Flan's objective in E is actually just kill 15 flans. So you can kill the 12 in the big room, respawn for additional 3.

Haven't personally confirmed it, but a good option for soloer's who might worry about the door closing.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Server: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-10-21 07:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Correct?

As a solo player, I am only jumping into the basement zones to do the easy coffers and exiting after that.

* Casket #F1 Interact with the Blitzer in area F while 5/5 pieces of Empyrean armor are all equiped or all lockstyled.
* Casket #G1 Stand still next to the Bitzer for 30 seconds with it targeted.
* Chest #E Vanquish Esurient Botulus using Weapon Skills from behind it.

Basically I zone in, Sneak/Invis with items, then run to the Blitzer. F1 is pretty safe since it is just elementals. G1 requires dropping invisible to pop the coffer and use the Blitzer to exit near sight aggro mobs, so need to time it properly. After killing Botulus, I will stay in area E and kill until timeout.
First Page 2 3 ... 87 88 89 ... 162 163 164