Asura.Helmaru
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: lafilnemi
By Asura.Helmaru 2022-10-17 14:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Homsar said: »
Did a run with my shell mates the other day. One told me that the objective for Botulus was killing 6 slimes first, then Botulus. We did that and got chest. Didn't pay attention to literally anything else while killing.

Some people here got chest killing botulus as first target in E, so no

Well if the requirement is kill 6 amorphs before botulus and it includes mobs from A, this could still hold, so would not throw it out the window just yet.

Rua said they were doing stuff in A bevore getting chest from botulus.
So might have to verify this one.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-17 14:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Helmaru said: »

We can rule it out. I have full cleared A, 8/8 objectives on two different occasions and then straight into Botulus.

It's a little bit of a surprise I haven't accidentally stumbled into the correct answer with as many times as I've repopped this tub of lard. It's been 2-4 attempts every day for the past week.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-17 14:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone notice a repeat-WS nerf to damage on Naakuals? JP Wiki says:

Quote:
Enemies of the Seven Branch Gong type are resistant to the same WS.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-17 14:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Anyone notice a repeat-WS nerf to damage on Naakuals? JP Wiki says:

Quote:
Enemies of the Seven Branch Gong type are resistant to the same WS.

I only dabble in E, but the Naakuals there died significantly faster when I had a SAM fudoing with the COR and BRD savage blading compared to an Oops! All Savage Blade!™ scenario that happens on some days.

Though, my initial inclination is to say damage reduction that is common is mostly due to them gaining their aura. I notice the sharpest DPS drop when they put their aura up.
 Asura.Bigtymer
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2022-10-17 14:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Managed to get an H coffer (blue chest) objective today. Entered H, fought zone boss (Aita), exited H via bitzer, went to zone G, then later re-entered H and the objective was earned upon re-entry and the chest popped right at the spot you get dropped in at (near elevator).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-10-17 14:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone gotten E metal without doing anything in A first?
 Fenrir.Zenion
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-17 14:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ahlen said: »

I think we've seen enough data to demonstrate a lack of correlation. The screenshot was showing 4/8, I've seen a run go 4/8 without results. There's reports of 8/8 with nothing. Screenshotted run didn't do boss, so 8/8 plus boss is out. There's still potentially an edge case for only hall A objectives and nothing else, I guess that's still worth looking at?

You know what I'm seeing in the two recent successes reported though? Trueflight. Light damage, maybe weaponskill only, maybe above a threshold? Who wants to get in there with a Seraph Blade or a Flash Nova and see if that punches the ticket?
 Asura.Helmaru
user: lafilnemi
By Asura.Helmaru 2022-10-17 14:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Asura.Bigtymer said: »
Managed to get an H coffer (blue chest) objective today. Entered H, fought zone boss (Aita), exited H via bitzer, then re-entered H and the objective was earned upon re-entry and the chest popped right at the spot you get dropped in at (near elevator).

That makes 2/4 zones with exit and re-enter shenanigans, seeing a few patterns emerge among zones now:

Each zone has a "kill all family" blue
Each zone has a blitzer related blue
2/4 have "exit and re-enter" objs, possibly more?

Which family is it in G and H? We tried killing vampires but unless we missed one we did not get chest in G.

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Asura.Helmaru said: »

We can rule it out. I have full cleared A, 8/8 objectives on two different occasions and then straight into Botulus.

It's a little bit of a surprise I haven't accidentally stumbled into the correct answer with as many times as I've repopped this tub of lard. It's been 2-4 attempts every day for the past week.

nice, one of the list. My list is again empty XD
 Asura.Seraphical
By Asura.Seraphical 2022-10-17 14:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Went in on an alt to test tonight, here's what I did:

teleported to B from start
entered F
snk inv items
found blizter
removed inv
clicked
chest

Just tried this two times tonight on my alt - the chest didn't pop on either attempt. Both times the Bitzer was the furthest possible distance away (G-4), so it may be down to time in the 2nd zone? It took me just over 5 mins to get to it on the 2nd attempt

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-10-17 15:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Zenion said: »
Fenrir.Ahlen said: »

I think we've seen enough data to demonstrate a lack of correlation. The screenshot was showing 4/8, I've seen a run go 4/8 without results. There's reports of 8/8 with nothing. Screenshotted run didn't do boss, so 8/8 plus boss is out. There's still potentially an edge case for only hall A objectives and nothing else, I guess that's still worth looking at?

You know what I'm seeing in the two recent successes reported though? Trueflight. Light damage, maybe weaponskill only, maybe above a threshold? Who wants to get in there with a Seraph Blade or a Flash Nova and see if that punches the ticket?
In omen WS objective counts the SC dmg part. If it requires a massive hit (including sc dmg) that might be the cause. If we can get more logs of kills with chest that will help greatly.
By SimonSes 2022-10-17 15:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

There was report of successful Seraph blade only attempt too.
Problem is with my successful attempt I dont recall light damage. We had Jinpu, Savage, Expiacion. Unless maybe SCH did luminohelix.
 Fenrir.Zenion
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-17 15:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Aaand it's gone. Duo killed with blu and geo with trusts. Entomb and spectral flow were surprisingly effective; absolute terror stuck while using Unbridled Wisdom, didn't use it with just Unbridled Learning.

Used Flash Nova as my primary source of damage, broke 25k damage on one (barely). Killshot with Flash Nova. Nothing. Pulled with sneak on just for a laugh, didn't do anything anywhere except teleport to the E entrance and hunt down the Botulus.

As an aside, Entomb was doing pretty okay. I wouldn't recommend petrify-locking him without a geomancer to pump up the damage a bit, but if you had no other plans for your run it might be doable. Maybe I can use that to test no-engage next time.
 Bismarck.Reaperofsoul
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Reaperofsoul 2022-10-17 15:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

E botulus. Entered and B-lined for him.. Killed him in 1:43 seconds. No box so no time isnt the thing.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Positron
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-10-17 19:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Taking and posting video of the time from entering E to killing Botulus would be quite helpful since it would make it a lot easier to identify differences between successful and unsuccessful runs than just reporting on things that seem significant intuitively.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-10-17 19:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Tested massive damage, Ruinator -> Decimation -> Trueflight for capped damage + light SC non-stop and still no chest.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-10-17 21:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I got metal today did 4 step leaden (99k) > seraph (48k + 30k sc) > leaden (cap dmg 99k+99k) > wildfire (51,757k +99k)
Only debuff malaise
Found him in slime side of split room killed in those 4 ws before wkr spawned.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-17 21:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

4 step SC on the table potentially.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2022-10-17 23:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cleared Botulus 3 times, same run. Fast kills. Same SC as Saevel. No chest. Killed in Flan room. Killed in starting room (before Naakul). Killed in Slug room.
By klayy 2022-10-17 23:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah idk. I've only gotten E metal the one time. one wildfire x2 SC immediately followed by like a couple Leaden > AE > Leaden > wildfire 4 steps. so my account doesn't rule out 4 step. I suppose someone might have one though. The consistent factor I've seen (from other accounts) is the magic WS element of it. I might try tonight but I ran one alt with the LS earlier so the COR might be going it alone tonight lol.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-10-17 23:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe requires 4 step level 3 and level 4 darkness? Actually I think someone else did it without multistep but they did a lot of darkness damage to it.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-10-18 00:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be SE to bring back Abyssea day gimmick like "Killing Botulus on Firesday using Fire WSs" or "Lightsday using Koki or Trueflight"

Only this time with WSs instead of ye olde grellow magic procs based on what day it is
By klayy 2022-10-18 01:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Soo COR alt went solo tonight. Went to F bitzer, clicked it nothing. got veela aggro (ofc it was ther when i was solo) veela are just awful for COR. killed it, clicked again nothing more aggro lots of wasted time clicked again again gave up. 6/12 on that chest. just dont even know.

Cleared flan/bitzer E objs did nakuuals bird and bee were painful. shark killed like 3 trusts. Tree killed all but cornelia and I had to try solo it from like 25% canopierce me for 3K had to RR with 7 mins left. got trsusts back, pulled it weak (was still at 17% idk if they dont regen or a trust stuck dia maybe) had august hold, ran off, popped triple shot wf spam till it died lol. No stones. last 2 mins I unweakened pulled botulus.. killed it roughly the same way I did when I got chest... so 2 WFs then leaden 4-step spam ofc no chest. I kinda expected I wouldnt get one. But yeah killed it about the same as I could within my power and nada.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-10-18 01:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

How many mobs in E did u guys kill before Mini NM and metal dropped? I think I killed 4 before it maybe 5.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-10-18 01:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Did three different runs tonight(1x BST | 1x DRK | 1x COR + 1x SMN). Nothing in F.

Hit it once in under 2 mins. Hit it once without flee or move speed of any kind. Nothing. Last one took me a while to find it. As expected... nothing. Even got it once before the reive so I could try like 4-5 times going fast and slow. Nothing in there either.

Can tell you for sure my COR got a starstone from the chest in H but my SMN couldn't zone in so he was in F. Didn't get the stone. Big sad.

Fairly easy to farm up at least two blues in the basement though with the G and H chests being totally non-combat as long as you can sneak your way back down.
By Vaerix 2022-10-18 01:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Moderndayz said: »
I'm still thinking some of these chests (blue and brown) aren't guaranteed. People doing exactly what others have to get a certain chest and not able to get it. I know some don't think that is possible but when you do exactly what someone else did and aren't able to replicate the chest it makes you wonder. For example, the F Bitzer chest I followed the same exact steps KujahFoxfire did for it and was unable to get it myself. There isn't much deviation from what he posted to get it.

There's so many variables at play that no one even considers. Yes some people have gotten it. Most haven't. Even the players that get it aren't getting them consistently (Metal drops/F Blitzer). This means there's something being tracked that we aren't considering.

A few thoughts I had for F Blitzer.

Time since entry into F to get to Blitzer (which is sometimes past fairies, sometimes in fairy room, or the 4x4s around naakual spawn. This causes the time to click the Blitzer to vary wildly. Let's say that whoever goes up first doesn't have personal s/i and they're waiting for the whm, that's already 30s wasted that no one Considers. this was just covered in the post above mine unless it's really under 2 min

This next one will draw groans.
Time/Day/Direction. What if the people who clicked their Blitzer just happened to have some random chance *** happen. Let's say during the 4(6 game hour) periods you have to click the blitzer from a specific direction. Or if the Blitzer is a clock with North being 0/12 and you have to click in the quadrant or direction your hour is.

These are EXTREMELY unlikely, and laughable at best, however the fact that the people who have gotten the F Blitzer to spawn cannot regularly(every time) recreate this box means information isn't being shared that's applicable or they're getting lucky with an objective they do not understand.

What we know, something to do with the Blitzer causes the F Blue to spawn. Some clarification needs to be made as to whether exiting caused the chest, or engaging the menu to select destination.

As much as time/day/direction is laughable, it would completely explain how people cannot regularly recreate this with any certainty, but also yielding some positive(we got the chest) results in the community, throw enough money's at F and eventually we'll have a Hemingway novel.

Edit: Also, some of the chests like A shard/metal were hotly debated about whether or not ws's disqualify kills, this literally went on the entire time since sortie dropped. The method to getting this chest, once known will always recreate the chest. Same as speed kills, in B and C that weren't always spawning because it was the time since aggro that mattered for one of them.

I write all of this to say, all of these chests will eventually have a method, we're still working on this as a community. Throwing the idea out that (maybe there is no answer and it's just chance) is very counter productive.
 Valefor.Kuishen
Server: Valefor
user: Kuish
By Valefor.Kuishen 2022-10-18 02:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Tonight we bee lined it from entry to Sortie to E, and then to kill Botolus. He was in the first room and we killed it and got the chest. We prebuffed before entering E. Kill was definitely under 2:30 from entering E.

I have the logs from Logger if somebody wants to comb through it.

/shrug I tried magic bursting for good measure, I Addled it, Dia III and I used Sanguine Blade to not screw up skillchain from others.

EDIT: Oh and we went to boss afterwards and it still used Clobbering Wave for over 7k damage to a PLD so we ended up grav kiting and having me WS it down while chasing it around the room. So I don't know what the metal actually does if it doesn't prevent the massive damage from Clobbering Wave.

Got a starstone from it though so at least it was worth the trouble.

EDIT EDIT: After thinking about it, it's possible the Metal made it so that it's moves were only giving us Poison instead of Taint, as my DoTs were being removed during the fight and nobody mentioned getting it.
First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 162 163 164