Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 162 163 164
By klayy 2022-10-17 00:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, maybe. If I was gonna try anything, it would be reverse order. And if its not order related, some kind of timed deal. tbf I havent even unlocked H yet lol. Its on the to-do-list for this week.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-17 01:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

zixxer said: »
Can confirm, can ws on 3 acuex to low health. As long as magic kills it.
Does this apply to all mobs in A? So Leeches too? It should, right?

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Zenion
Server: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-17 04:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So from tonight, I can confirm that Botulus chest is not get the four hall A objectives.

Hall F is not run and hit bitzer before entering any other basement.

Naakuals in F dropped chest without any deliberate effort to do in order or kill in special ways. I don't want to say "we just did it" but... we just did it, I can't imagine there being a trick.

Naraka in G was same deal, no hoops to jump through, we just killed it and got the chest. Fought some mobs before, had a few deaths, it just worked.

Hall G boss Triboulex: There was a bar in upper left of screen for the metal, which started full and didn't deplete. No idea what it was doing, boss still dropped spires and still used Setting the Stage and wiped us out with 4750 damage each. Cruel Joke wasn't inflicting doom, but I'm not sure if that's a metal thing or just how it works in Sortie.
 Asura.Helmaru
user: lafilnemi
By Asura.Helmaru 2022-10-17 04:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Zenion said: »
So from tonight, I can confirm that Botulus chest is not get the four hall A objectives.

Naakuals in F dropped chest without any deliberate effort to do in order or kill in special ways. I don't want to say "we just did it" but... we just did it, I can't imagine there being a trick.

Naraka in G was same deal, no hoops to jump through, we just killed it and got the chest. Fought some mobs before, had a few deaths, it just worked.

Hall G boss Triboulex: There was a bar in upper left of screen for the metal, which started full and didn't deplete. No idea what it was doing, boss still dropped spires and still used Setting the Stage and wiped us out with 4750 damage each. Cruel Joke wasn't inflicting doom, but I'm not sure if that's a metal thing or just how it works in Sortie.

Did you try using it? Maybe its somekind of shield type deal which holds till depleted?
 Fenrir.Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-17 04:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Helmaru said: »

Did you try using it? Maybe its somekind of shield type deal which holds till depleted?

We did have one member of the party try to use it, and it just... didn't? Like the other Sortie temp items, it didn't seem to be usable, just something to sit there.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-10-17 05:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »

Managed to get the Metal #E from the Botulus.

Killed it shortly after going up to E from A (can still see an A Objective in the log).

Killed nothing else before it and did not kill it with a skillchain.

We were trying to kill it with a skillchain but messed up.
COR got the killshot with Leaden Salute.
Windsday so likely no correlation between the day of the week and the element used to kill it.

Kill was about 2:30 or so from point of warping into E.

Thinking it might be time-based. Will try again tomorrow and see if we can replicate. Will report back if we replicate the result.
Maybe its hit him for over 150k+ with a ws (trueflight + frag dmg) It looks like you guys killed it in 5 WS and WS was killing blow. I've never casted finale on him maybe that could be part of it?
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-17 06:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking maybe just 99,999 damage, but that seems very unlikely. I don't think SE would put that gate on.

I'm just out of ideas aside from total prayers like "Botulus must be facing east when killed" or something stupid.
 Asura.Helmaru
user: lafilnemi
By Asura.Helmaru 2022-10-17 06:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
I was thinking maybe just 99,999 damage, but that seems very unlikely. I don't think SE would put that gate on.

I'm just out of ideas aside from total prayers like "Botulus must be facing east when killed" or something stupid.

Doing capped DMG Skillchains on him most of the time, never had coffer yet.

Seems like all NMs have weird requirements in the extended areas.
Or something we didnt think of at all yet. Bring more Mages than Melees or something stupid indeed.

In Ruau's screenshot the person with killshot has AM on, hail mary that one?

edit: also noticed he has Burn debuff (might have been applied later), wild theories go!
 Ramuh.Spookyfish
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Spookyfish 2022-10-17 07:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Did Silence stick? Perhaps he has to die with a debuff matching the element of the day? Or enfeebling to be specific
By Penpenn 2022-10-17 07:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe in additional to killing with metal screenshots we should start posting killing without metal screenshots?

Begin wild speculation:
Could it be something like he used Just Desserts (thinking of the HELM where you need to stun this or your screwed) or even he debuffed someone in the party.

Looking at Ruau's fight, he used both Chymous Reek (AoE dmg/stun/choke) and Rancid Reflux (Conal dmg, knockback, Max HP Down,Gravity).

If both were resisted - maybe metal is awarded since no one was debuffed by him?

Additional speculation:
Has anyone tried NOT WSing during TP moves? Depending on the time between the moves noted above and the WSs shown in the screenshot, this may have haphazardly been the case. There is a WS during blaze spikes but that would be a spell and not a TP move.
By Hopalong 2022-10-17 07:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't see an mention of this, but no word on a trade system for unneeded/unused earrings. I'm guessing not gonna happen.
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-10-17 07:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

zixxer said: »
Honeybaked said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
SimonSes said: »
You can use WS on A mobs now and finish them with nuke and still get shard and metal. Timer to kill the bhoot in C for red coffer seems to be more than 3 min now too.
wat

Quite a few reports of both of these instances being true.

Can confirm, can ws on 3 acuex to low health. As long as magic kills it.
Bhoot seems to be increased to 5 min.

Yep I was noticing that yesterday as well on leeches, was able to get all 3 chest in just a few minutes with 2 step sc's and finishing mob off with MB. Also I think Bhoot is longer then 5 minutes as two days this week I've gone over 5 minutes and still received chest, may be 6 minutes.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-17 08:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
Didn't see an mention of this, but no word on a trade system for unneeded/unused earrings. I'm guessing not gonna happen.

Might still happen. Moogle Amplifiers and "additional segments + gil bonus" from Sheol C came out of nowhere when nobody expected any helping hand.
 Fenrir.Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-17 09:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Penpenn said: »
Maybe in additional to killing with metal screenshots we should start posting killing without metal screenshots?

Begin wild speculation:
Could it be something like he used Just Desserts (thinking of the HELM where you need to stun this or your screwed) or even he debuffed someone in the party.

Looking at Ruau's fight, he used both Chymous Reek (AoE dmg/stun/choke) and Rancid Reflux (Conal dmg, knockback, Max HP Down,Gravity).

If both were resisted - maybe metal is awarded since no one was debuffed by him?

Additional speculation:
Has anyone tried NOT WSing during TP moves? Depending on the time between the moves noted above and the WSs shown in the screenshot, this may have haphazardly been the case. There is a WS during blaze spikes but that would be a spell and not a TP move.

I swear, at this rate we're gonna end up getting an Absolute Virtue official strategy video from the devs on this...

Can anyone else think of any other stupid conditions SE might have wanted to put on this that we could try and test specifically for?
[+]
By Hopalong 2022-10-17 09:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

There are interesting puzzles and there are dumb puzzles that you just throw darts at. Zelda puzzles vs. FFXI puzzles.

I wish they didn't try to make things up like this Sortie bs. Do some like timed revolving floors or pit traps instead. The Naaukuls should have been automatically released after some time period and you'd have to run/ fight/intercept/divide them to survive etc.

You know what, I bet this ***is some of the ffxiv devs influence since it is becoming so scripted.

Quote:
Interact with Diaphanous Bitzer #B while walking from the start of the zone. If you enter with multiple people they all must walk from the start or be in a boss area. If they used a Diaphanous Devices to warp they must warp back to the start then make the walk.

For real?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-10-17 09:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Penpenn said: »

snip

snip

Both screenshots we have seen it appeared the Botulus was either casting or readying a TP move while defeated. We tried yesterday but I lagged out on the killshot WS. We are going to attempt to kill it during mid-cast again today.
By klayy 2022-10-17 11:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kanryu said: »
Both screenshots we have seen it appeared the Botulus was either casting or readying a TP move while defeated. We tried yesterday but I lagged out on the killshot WS. We are going to attempt to kill it during mid-cast again today.

Yah my metal came with a TP move readying. So might try get my group to do that like knock it to 5% or so, get TP, wait n kill.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-17 12:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I have confirmation that killing it while its CASTING does not give chest/metal. I did not try during a TP move.
By klayy 2022-10-17 12:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

We tried to kill it while it did just desserts. no chest. was mostly leaden/tflight spam/SCs.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-17 13:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

BG Wiki now has:

Quote:
Vanquish Esurient Botulus in under 2:30 (?) from entering area E. - Verification needed.

I wonder who is updating the page and if they have receipts for this claim.
By Homsar 2022-10-17 13:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a run with my shell mates the other day. One told me that the objective for Botulus was killing 6 slimes first, then Botulus. We did that and got chest. Didn't pay attention to literally anything else while killing.
By SimonSes 2022-10-17 13:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Homsar said: »
Did a run with my shell mates the other day. One told me that the objective for Botulus was killing 6 slimes first, then Botulus. We did that and got chest. Didn't pay attention to literally anything else while killing.

Some people here got chest killing botulus as first target in E, so no
By Homsar 2022-10-17 13:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Homsar said: »

Some people here got chest killing botulus as first target in E, so no

Maybe it's simply believing the chest will spawn and it will.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-10-17 13:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't have to wonder. You can check the page history to see who makes what edits. The objective has two citation needed icons, so clearly it is still an unconfirmed requirement. Better to have speculative information with tags denoting that it needs verified than no information at all.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-10-17 13:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
klayy said: »
G.. you kill all the hounds on one side, all the dullahans on the other. That pops them. I've yet to see someone kill them without them just respawning. If its order, idk.. if someone confirmed that WKR order doesn't work
Our group has gotten the Red Coffer in G four times in a row so we're pretty confident this is how it's done.

Kill all Hounds, then kill all Dullahans.

Naakuals spawn (pull Dullahans to a doorway to avoid mass aggro).

Kill in the order the WKR appeared in, rather the zones closest to Adoulin outward.

(These 3 might be interchangable)
Bztavian > Rockfin > Gabbrath
Waktza
Yggdrent
Cehuezti

Will record it later.
I cleared both rooms before starting and didnt get red coffer. I think its kill order that matters.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-17 13:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
You don't have to wonder. You can check the page history to see who makes what edits. The objective has two citation needed icons, so clearly it is still an unconfirmed requirement. Better to have speculative information with tags denoting that it needs verified than no information at all.

I mostly want to know what led them to that conclusion because if they don't have receipts or other context, I might as well go jam something totally unfounded in there myself, ya know? Prior iterations had blatantly wrong information as well like "kill 5 mobs and Botulus". I'd rather have nothing than false leads, personally.
 Bahamut.Skald
user: Jimmyjazz
By Bahamut.Skald 2022-10-17 13:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kanryu said: »

Our run yesterday was first time success for chest, did not notice whether killshot was during tp move readying.

If relevant or not we were whm cor brd blm rng run, last stand >> trueflight and burst, one of which was extended with a dimi.

Had 8/8 A objectives going in. Botulus was in first room, killed the 3 flans prior to engaging.

Will likely try similar tonight and note point of killshot.
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 162 163 164