Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 162 163 164
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-10-14 14:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Summary of my weeks worth of runs and what I feel is a solid farming path for Soloers to get chances at all items.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bismarck.Alessa
Server: Bismarck
user: Alessa
By Bismarck.Alessa 2022-10-14 17:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Entered area E, searched for the bitzer and the botulus. Bitzer was located in the northeast 4 square room, botulus was in the flan room. Aggro'd and killed one slug on the way to the flan room (from the center/door room.)
Pulled botulus and killed it, no chest.
Killed all the flan in the flan room, returned to the center/door room and killed 6 different naakual, received the naakual chest.

Killed the remaining 3 flan in the first large room near the entrance, received Casket #E2. Double checked, that was definitely the name of the chest.

Did not kill anything that was in the room with the bitzer.

PLD/COR/GEO/RNG/WHM/Cornelia
By Tokimemofan 2022-10-14 18:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Koruma said: »
Odin.Danial said: »
Fenrir.Ahlen said: »
well sounds like you did a 4 step (all ele ws) and silenced him. Was he solo pulled?

Ya, ran out with War, and pulled him to the corner of room. Thinking back on it I realize I actually just aggrod him instead of provoke. That said, I'm thinking it may have been the RDM enfire.

I am definitely leaning fire related more and more now. Going to try some fire shenanigans tonight.
If it was enfire it certainly wasn’t the only factor. Killed botulus with 4 players. Bit of a ***show but I had enfire up most of the time.
By Chimerawizard 2022-10-14 18:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

H reive mobs respawned 2x.
We tried killing them before killing fomor in the same room.
after killing the fomor in the same room (in reverse order).

did not try killing within a few seconds of eachother. WS spammed for kills so likely didn't proc aura on them all either.
By Ruaumoko 2022-10-14 18:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Managed to get a Blue !! on the Waktza in H, bursted Stone V off a Darkness on GEO.
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-10-14 19:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Alessa said: »
Entered area E, searched for the bitzer and the botulus. Bitzer was located in the northeast 4 square room, botulus was in the flan room. Aggro'd and killed one slug on the way to the flan room (from the center/door room.)
Pulled botulus and killed it, no chest.
Killed all the flan in the flan room, returned to the center/door room and killed 6 different naakual, received the naakual chest.

Killed the remaining 3 flan in the first large room near the entrance, received Casket #E2. Double checked, that was definitely the name of the chest.

Did not kill anything that was in the room with the bitzer.

PLD/COR/GEO/RNG/WHM/Cornelia

You didn't receive a chest for the flan room itself?
 Bismarck.Alessa
Server: Bismarck
user: Alessa
By Bismarck.Alessa 2022-10-14 19:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »

No, and we ran around the room to double check if there were any we missed and not a single one was left, we'd killed them all.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-14 19:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »

I was able to determine that one of those objectives is actually "Kill all enemies in the area that the Bitzer is in". I just had the Bitzer spawn in the 4 hallways that form a square (for lack of a better description). I had just finished killing all the Flans and got the chest for "All Flans" but I only got the other chest after clearing the slimes/slugs in the 4 corridors.

So I'm confident that the objective is actually "kill the 10 enemies around the Bitzer".
 Asura.Bigtymer
Server: Asura
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2022-10-14 20:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Killed zone G boss (Triboulex) tonight. MB with fire, aim to kill before Setting the Stage at the 3 minute mark. Enjoy.
By Guyford 2022-10-14 20:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Got an old case off each basement chest today and a +1 from E boss.
Droprates are definitely better in the new areas. Also couldnt get the blue from touching the Blitzer in F, possibly because 2 of our members didn't have B sheet and couldn't warp back to start and run back in time, so we didn't have all members in F?
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-10-14 21:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bit.ly/3VveqcA

emergency maint inc lol. Best bug ever tbh. Imagine casting this on a bunch of Elvaans.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-10-14 22:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried Naakuals in H in these orders tonight, both resulted in respawns. We full cleared the Fomors in the main room before engaging them. All were killed on Iceday (like it matters). We did not proc them, they likely do not have the same proc system as the Gaol versions. Tried 4- and 5- stepping Fomors in the area and received no chests. We did not get an opportunity to full clear the west side of the zone. Of note for the Naakuals, people should already be aware they have essentially the same TP moves as their Gaol counterparts, including the dispels and absorbs. The Yggdreant's Timber will apply Doom (looked like 8-count) as well as -~200 to all stats, Virus, and Bind.

Trex > Cat > Bird > Bee > Tree > Shark = x
Bee > Cat > Trex > Bird > Tree > Shark = x
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-10-14 22:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh only my 4th Sortie run I can't get behind content with such weird *** objs.

We did NMs today and managed to kill 3/4 (Dartok, Gartell, and Triboulex (had Naraka metal for this one) in the same run (we got the Kis last night) and went in with those 3 as a goal in mind today.

Edit- Setup was BLM SCH RDM RUN GEO COR. Premise was to use RDM debuffs/buffs and I would just eat meds as the RUN if i needed to. COR--->SCH for various skillchains but the COR was whiffing badly even in max Racc set.

Edit- Gartell got *** wierd, at one point he has both thunder/wind 'hand' at the same time. Not sure what triggered it, but it took 12mins/wasted 12mins of our time before he went back to wind. Not sure what caused the removal of the 2nd 'hand' aura thing either.
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-10-14 22:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bigtymer said: »

Killed zone G boss (Triboulex) tonight. No metal. MB with fire, aim to kill before Setting the Stage at the 3 minute mark. Enjoy.

Unless I am mistaken - the screenshot says you did have the metal - because you lost it when you killed the NM.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-14 22:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
All were killed on Iceday (like it matters)
Asura.Hya said: »
Trex > Cat > Bird > Bee > Tree > Shark = x
Bee > Cat > Trex > Bird > Tree > Shark = x

It could. Maybe you have to kill NM in the order of the days of the week, starting with the current day. In your case, Iceday=Cehuetzi > Lightningday=Waktza > (skip light/dark since no elements) > Firesday=Gabbrath > Earthsday=Yggdreant > Watersday=Rockfin > Windsday=Bztavian

Sounds gimmicky and dumb, but they did make these objectives gimmicky and dumb, and the Fomors from D needed to be killed in Job order, so it's worth trying.
 Asura.Bigtymer
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2022-10-14 23:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
Asura.Bigtymer said: »

Killed zone G boss (Triboulex) tonight. No metal. MB with fire, aim to kill before Setting the Stage at the 3 minute mark. Enjoy.

Unless I am mistaken - the screenshot says you did have the metal - because you lost it when you killed the NM.

Edited - we did zone E boss without metal in the same run and I got them mixed up. We did have the metal for G.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-10-15 01:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So for A shard the first 2 mobs I melee'd low and did fire spells to finish it off. Third mob I started with a trueflight for 80k dmg then finished with spells and I got shard. So maybe with changes WS is allowed but you still need magic spell to finish them off. We also noticed maybe aoe kills won't count?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Mischief
user: Mischief
By Bahamut.Mischief 2022-10-15 01:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Setting the Stage from Triboulex seems to be roughly 30k distributed damage (unsure if it ignores DT or if it's actually 60k, with 7 targets everyone took about 4400), and it seems to only be used once every 3 minutes. If you can't kill it in time, use Caper on a BLM with Mana Wall active and have them eat it with a luopan nearby while everyone else runs away. Assuming capped Mana Wall and high MP, they'll easily survive and buy you another 3 minutes to finish it off. Just Enmity Douse it after for the tank to get hate back.
[+]
By klayy 2022-10-15 03:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Again failed the bitzer F chest. No idea why. LS run today we gathered around it, stood there for a while. Nothing happened. Eventually I clicked into the menu for it and got the chest on me for some reason. Tried to do it on my altx2 run nothing at all. G chest works like a charm but the F one.. idk what the trigger is exactly. Wondered if trusts or s/i messed it up but logical's vid clearly shows him with trusts and invis up getting it. It's more specific than we know and it really needs to be cleared up. Soloers/low man groups are going to be absolutely counting on it. No aggro/kills either time. I don't know what's blocking it.

So yeah, alt run was mostly awful. 54 minutes in I had the G chest and the flan room chest done with nothing to show for it. E bitzer was in slugs/slimes and the first slime damn near wiped me. All trusts died. I had to light shot the damn thing and have the BRD cure just to survive. Anyway, finally got to killing the last mob, chest gave a starstone and a case to basically save the whole run. Muffins wise it was atrocious smh lol.
By SimonSes 2022-10-15 03:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

We still haven't got single starstone...
2x E boss
5x red from naakuls
12x blue from E and G

No +1 cases too. Only old case NQ in like half of them
[+]
By klayy 2022-10-15 04:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Ive not seen a single +1 from E-H yet. NQ cases galore though.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Khimeria
user: khimeria
By Asura.Khimeria 2022-10-15 06:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

To the best of my memory we did Yggdreant > waktza > gabbranth > cehuetzi > rockfin > bzatvian the other day and got the chest. We killed most of the first room before and didn’t kill the not-zerde until after the chest spawned
By SimonSes 2022-10-15 06:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Khimeria said: »
To the best of my memory we did Yggdreant > waktza > gabbranth > cehuetzi > rockfin > bzatvian the other day and got the chest. We killed most of the first room before and didn’t kill the not-zerde until after the chest spawned

That's E not G
 Fenrir.Zenion
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-15 06:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Update on basement key G, it seems to require that you personally, not a member of the party, reset the mobs in hall C before you check the bitzer in order to spawn the chest. No having somebody park by the teleporter and wait for the reset.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-15 07:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Once you go to the basement there's no way to go back up, right?
 Fenrir.Zenion
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-15 08:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Once you go to the basement there's no way to go back up, right?

Not immediately. The exit teleporter is somewhere roughly on the opposite end of the basement from where you spawn in, so you have to go find it to get back out. It also moves around a bit, so it's always going to be a hunt.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-10-15 10:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
That's E not G
My observations were about H, not G.