Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 162 163 164
By Ruaumoko 2022-10-14 03:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Confirming the BG entry for Sheet D.

Killed all Fomor in Section D, including Degei, and got 7/8 objectives. Box with Sheet #D popped as soon as we checked the Bitzer.

Fomors in H are still vulnerable to AoE but have access to relic weapon skills.
[+]
 Asura.Helmaru
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: lafilnemi
By Asura.Helmaru 2022-10-14 04:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »
Ruaumoko said: »
What stands out is most of your damage was magic based rather than physical. Perhaps kill it with more magic damage than physical? That or deal a certain amount of magic damage a certain number of times before it dies?
Asura.Disclai said: »
What stands out is most of your damage was magic based rather than physical. Perhaps kill it with more magic damage than physical? That or deal a certain amount of magic damage a certain number of times before it dies?

Don't think that's possible. Tonight we killed it with a full magic comp with SCH SC + bursting, no chest.

Not trying to bury the lead in the bushes but I think skillchain damage outright might have more to do with it. Maybe SC damage breaking a threshold? Has anyone brought as Sam up against it and just repeatedly 4 step?

I believe I saw someone say jinpu spam, and didn't get metal, maybe it's a certain threshold of fire/light SC damage?

We 3-steped id with leaden > seraph > leaden, tons of SC DMG, no chest. Might have to do Light Based DMG. But that would be very specific.

Has anyone got the metal in E without full clear A? That would make perfect sense for SE to cockblock the second area bosses like that. Would severily limit the amount of second stage bosses you can do in one run.
By SimonSes 2022-10-14 04:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Lyriane said: »
Casket G1 for my group tonight:
- Did not spawn when I stood next to it alone
- Did not spawn when we all stood next to it together
- DID spawn after we used it to materialize, and all stood next to it together.

Seems like it might require you to not kill or aggro anything in the zone.

Sounds more like you all need to target it, not just stand next to it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Myasasa
user: Myasasa
By Asura.Myasasa 2022-10-14 05:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Helmaru said: »
Has anyone got the metal in E without full clear A? That would make perfect sense for SE to cockblock the second area bosses like that. Would severily limit the amount of second stage bosses you can do in one run.
Got metal in G without full clear C so i doubt it's linked

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Koruma 2022-10-14 08:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Based on other recent reports, I'm leaning towards fire damage being a key factor/component to the Botulus chest. Going to try some more testing tonight.

Edit: was meant to be a quote and my bbcode is weak
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-14 08:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be goin in spamming Seraph Blade and fire spells from a GEO in a little while on Botulus.
 Siren.Fndragon
Server: Siren
user: fndragon
By Siren.Fndragon 2022-10-14 09:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got an Old Case from the G objective of "Stare at the exit Bitzer for 30 seconds". This implies that it has a loot pool of "old case/old case+1/starstone" like other chests of that type. I haven't seen the other drops, but this is good news for soloers.
 Odin.Danial
Server: Odin
By Odin.Danial 2022-10-14 09:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to add some anecdotal notes. Went in as WAR, COR, RDM, GEO, WHM, BRD. Zoned in, went straight for E. RDM had Enfire II, killed most monsters with Leaden -> Seraph -> Leaden -> Cloudsplitter.

Killed 3 flan in first room, moved to next room, killed 6 Narkuls, accidentally pulled an ooze with one of them, Red chest spawned.

Ran to flan room pulled Botulus with provoke. Silenced him once in range, killed with skillchain mentioned above. He used probably 3 abilities before dying. Might have hit it with a rudra's storm somewhere in there too. Botulus chest with metal, killed rest of flans, got both blue chests.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-10-14 10:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Danial said: »
Just wanted to add some anecdotal notes. Went in as WAR, COR, RDM, GEO, WHM, BRD. Zoned in, went straight for E. RDM had Enfire II, killed most monsters with Leaden -> Seraph -> Leaden -> Cloudsplitter.

Killed 3 flan in first room, moved to next room, killed 6 Narkuls, accidentally pulled an ooze with one of them, Red chest spawned.

Ran to flan room pulled Botulus with provoke. Silenced him once in range, killed with skillchain mentioned above. He used probably 3 abilities before dying. Might have hit it with a rudra's storm somewhere in there too. Botulus chest with metal, killed rest of flans, got both blue chests.

well sounds like you did a 4 step (all ele ws) and silenced him. Was he solo pulled?
 Odin.Danial
Server: Odin
By Odin.Danial 2022-10-14 10:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ahlen said: »
well sounds like you did a 4 step (all ele ws) and silenced him. Was he solo pulled?

Ya, ran out with War, and pulled him to the corner of room. Thinking back on it I realize I actually just aggrod him instead of provoke. That said, I'm thinking it may have been the RDM enfire.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-10-14 10:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, ran out with War, and pulled him to the corner of room. Thinking back on it I realize I actually just aggrod him instead of provoke. That said, I'm thinking it may have been the RDM enfire.
Its not 4 step either tbh I dont think it has anything to do with sc. A guy in my group went solo and got it on thf we did what he said in a group which is sc and didn't get it.
By Homsar 2022-10-14 11:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fndragon said: »
I just got an Old Case from the G objective of "Stare at the exit Bitzer for 30 seconds". This implies that it has a loot pool of "old case/old case+1/starstone" like other chests of that type. I haven't seen the other drops, but this is good news for soloers.

Can confirm, got Starstone last night from that chest.
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-10-14 11:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Helmaru said: »

Don't think that's possible. Tonight we killed it with a full magic comp with SCH SC + bursting, no chest.

Not trying to bury the lead in the bushes but I think skillchain damage outright might have more to do with it. Maybe SC damage breaking a threshold? Has anyone brought as Sam up against it and just repeatedly 4 step?

I believe I saw someone say jinpu spam, and didn't get metal, maybe it's a certain threshold of fire/light SC damage?

We 3-steped id with leaden > seraph > leaden, tons of SC DMG, no chest. Might have to do Light Based DMG. But that would be very specific.

Our full clear E run was entirely in E, 2 objectives in A, just plate/sheet chests.
 Asura.Koruma
user: Koruma
By Asura.Koruma 2022-10-14 11:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I am definitely leaning fire related more and more now. Going to try some fire shenanigans tonight.
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-10-14 12:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Koruma said: »

I am definitely leaning fire related more and more now. Going to try some fire shenanigans tonight.

FWIW I've tried solo DDing it as RDM with Enfire doing CDC+CDC and bursting Fire on the Lights, and didn't get box. Also tried SCH SCing & burst killing it with Fire, no box. So I don't think it's fire-related specifically.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-10-14 12:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Thinking back on it I realize I actually just aggrod him instead of provoke.

Could it actually be something as simple as aggroing him before taking any actions?
By Vaerix 2022-10-14 12:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

FWIW I've tried solo DDing it as RDM with Enfire doing CDC+CDC and bursting Fire on the Lights, and didn't get box. Also tried SCH SCing & burst killing it with Fire, no box. So I don't think it's fire-related specifically.

So has anyone *NOT* gotten metal after killing boss in the flan room? My personal thought was maybe where the NM is killed. Either in relation to that room or the Blitzer.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-14 13:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Further disappointment out of Sector E. Before I headed to the basement, I 8/8'd Sector A.

Botulus was the first enemy I pulled with Flash in the first room. Seraph Blade/Wildfire spam. No chest.

Repop.

I pulled with Flash. Upheaval > Upheaval to make Light and GEO MB Fire for big dammers over and over. Also in the first room. No chest.

So not SC damage/MB damage. Not light damage from Seraph Blade or light SC. Not fire damage from Wildfire or Fire 5 MBs. Very discouraging to go in and waste an hour.

Tomorrow's docket: let Botulus aggro me. Pull Botulus to Flan room before killing.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-14 13:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

My fire shenanigans did not work. Try letting Botulus aggro you or pulling him to big Flan room so he can be with his people.
By SimonSes 2022-10-14 13:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So has anyone *NOT* gotten metal after killing boss in the flan room? My personal thought was maybe where the NM is killed. Either in relation to that room or the Blitzer.

When we got the chest, it was in middle of slugs next to Naakuls doors and we killed in exactly below the doors (they were open after killing Naakuls.
By klayy 2022-10-14 13:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

any thoughts on why dullahans sometimes just one shot ppl for 6K+ and how to avoid it? Felt like it was possibly trigger by big SCs but also seen it without. Wondered if savage-friendly spam wa the way. We cant seem to kill more than 2-3 before someone just gets erased.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-14 13:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

klayy said: »
any thoughts on why dullahans sometimes just one shot ppl for 6K+ and how to avoid it? Felt like it was possibly trigger by big SCs but also seen it without. Wondered if savage-friendly spam wa the way. We cant seem to kill more than 2-3 before someone just gets erased.

Not Savage Blade spam friendly. My first outing against dullahan was all Naeglings and DD would occasionally get detonated. Probably something you'll need to end up stunning. Villainous Rebuke was the TP move I noticed was fartin' in my mouth.
 Asura.Helmaru
By Asura.Helmaru 2022-10-14 14:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Further disappointment out of Sector E. Before I headed to the basement, I 8/8'd Sector A.

Botulus was the first enemy I pulled with Flash in the first room. Seraph Blade/Wildfire spam. No chest.

Repop.

I pulled with Flash. Upheaval > Upheaval to make Light and GEO MB Fire for big dammers over and over. Also in the first room. No chest.

So not SC damage/MB damage. Not light damage from Seraph Blade or light SC. Not fire damage from Wildfire or Fire 5 MBs. Very discouraging to go in and waste an hour.

Tomorrow's docket: let Botulus aggro me. Pull Botulus to Flan room before killing.

We Aggroed him, fun fact he only seemed to aggro after mini nms popped. No chest, so cross that one off

We also killed him last time in flan room, exit was also there, no drop
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-14 14:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell, I'm out of ideas.
 Asura.Helmaru
By Asura.Helmaru 2022-10-14 14:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
klayy said: »

Not Savage Blade spam friendly. My first outing against dullahan was all Naeglings and DD would occasionally get detonated. Probably something you'll need to end up stunning. Villainous Rebuke was the TP move I noticed was fartin' in my mouth.

We also had dulahans destroying us , my guess its a pain sync style move?

Tried to kill all vampires (they go down fast with SB) since its the mob type which matches the kill all pattern. Didnt manage to get them all (missed one in first room bevor timing out) anyone tried that yet? (kill all vampires)

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-10-14 14:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Dullahans take reduced damage from slashing and piercing. You normally want to fight them with blunt weapons. Villainous Rebuke is their hardest hitting tp move, and it's a frontal cone attack. It's possible they have a pain sync mechanic, but it's also possible they were just getting buffed with Infernal Bulwark to the point they just naturally hit really hard. Try keeping one dispelled and see if it still one shots people?

Just be glad only the NM's use Noahionto.
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 162 163 164