Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 ... 162 163 164

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By kinkanat 2022-09-06 06:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what we tried, but we lacked damage, actually the damage came from my blu (which doesn't have mithic and that's a problem because I won't have it for a couple of months or so, I was spamming savage blade with naegling) and from the bard, the cor did little damage and the run also little.

That's why we were thinking about the blm nuke damage to try to get the boss under control...
I'm also studying the Nin as a tank and nuker with the elemental ninjutsus...

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By kinkanat 2022-09-06 07:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess the cor being only +5 and having bumba set R0 might be a drag on the damage.

Thanks for your answers!
By Tokimemofan 2022-09-06 08:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So for those that check D for the obdella, beware that last night in my run Deleterious was well within aggro distance of the map 7 A/D door. I have also seen the Bhoot wander into the room between doors B2 and B5. These both can be extremely dangerous situations if you are unprepared
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-09-06 09:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Tokimemofan said: »
So for those that check D for the obdella, beware that last night in my run Deleterious was well within aggro distance of the map 7 A/D door. I have also seen the Bhoot wander into the room between doors B2 and B5. These both can be extremely dangerous situations if you are unprepared

Last night I encountered obdella at the D transporter

Is there a way we can crowdsource with like a pins on a map system?
It would be cool to have a nm path map before new stuff gets added.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-09-06 09:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The paths are most likely just "the whole map", with movement chosen randomly. I've seen the obdella in C.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-06 10:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth, you can rematerialize the section if finding an NM ever gets to be too time-consuming. We've had our roaming tank reset A when we weren't able to find Obdella, and we had already moved onto area D. When he rematerialized, it popped right back in A. I don't know this for certain, but it appears rematerialize (almost) always places the NM back in its home area, making finding it much easier.
By Sockfoot 2022-09-06 11:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
For what it's worth, you can rematerialize the section if finding an NM ever gets to be too time-consuming. We've had our roaming tank reset A when we weren't able to find Obdella, and we had already moved onto area D. When he rematerialized, it popped right back in A. I don't know this for certain, but it appears rematerialize (almost) always places the NM back in its home area, making finding it much easier.
Interesting because we watched an NM not move upon repopping leading us to believe that you cannot re-pop something that is already alive. And just to check that it didn't respawn in the exact same spot (highly unlikely), we killed it very quickly and got nothing (was Bhoot).
 Asura.Aerox
By Asura.Aerox 2022-09-06 11:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

When I duo I tend to go south straight away and widescan behind each D door while my partner goes north and gets other A objectives done. It's still a royal pain to find sometimes... The rematerialize trick (if it works) is interesting but A is so big and has so many maps to widescan unless it repops in an exact place each time it'll still be annoying.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-09-06 11:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
The paths are most likely just "the whole map", with movement chosen randomly. I've seen the obdella in C.

If that is the case this will show it.

Don't know how well this will work or how long it will stay up for but a layer for each nm

https://magma.com/d/6j_5429_eg
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-06 11:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sockfoot said: »
Interesting because we watched an NM not move upon repopping leading us to believe that you cannot re-pop something that is already alive. And just to check that it didn't respawn in the exact same spot (highly unlikely), we killed it very quickly and got nothing (was Bhoot).

This is different than the experience we had. Couldn't find Obdella when we did A>B>C. Group was now onto D, so we sent the PLD back up North to A to find him. He couldn't so he respawned the area, and said that Obdella popped in one of the northern Acuex rooms (which was not on his widescan prior, as he would have saw if it was up before Rematerializing). I recall even cautioning him about doing this if we hadn't killed the NM, thinking that it would interfere with the objective (I didn't know at the time that it wouldn't).

So either he missed Obdella in the widescan list prior to resetting the section, or Rematerialize does move the currently-alive NM back to it's home spot. But yeah, I said I was uncertain, but something maybe someone else can try on their runs.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-09-06 12:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sockfoot said: »

This is different than the experience we had. Couldn't find Obdella when we did A>B>C. Group was now onto D, so we sent the PLD back up North to A to find him. He couldn't so he respawned the area, and said that Obdella popped in one of the northern Acuex rooms (which was not on his widescan prior, as he would have saw if it was up before Rematerializing). I recall even cautioning him about doing this if we hadn't killed the NM, thinking that it would interfere with the objective (I didn't know at the time that it wouldn't).

So either he missed Obdella in the widescan list prior to resetting the section, or Rematerialize does move the currently-alive NM back to it's home spot. But yeah, I said I was uncertain, but something maybe someone else can try on their runs.

I'm wondering if there is a difference between them. We've seen the same behavior as Sockfoot the few times really early on we rematerialized D to try and move the Deleterious into a better spot. He always just stayed where he was.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-06 12:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I could be completely wrong then, or maybe the information I was communicated was not clear. I suppose I could test it on the next Ruspix KI I have available. Run in, widescan find an NM, go to rematerialize, see if he moves.
 Odin.Valisk
Server: Odin
user: Valisk
By Odin.Valisk 2022-09-06 13:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I tagged the Bhoot on widescan and when it was evident we weren’t going to get to it in time for Red coffer, we rematerialized the C mobs without killing the Bhoot NM. The Bhoot remained tagged on widescan. When we killed it “within 2 minutes 30 seconds” of resetting, we did not get the red coffer. We rematerialized again and killed it for the red. That leads me to believe that only mobs that have been killed will be rematerialized.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-06 13:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok then I'm incorrect. Disregard what I said prior :p
By Chimerawizard 2022-09-06 13:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yesterday we attempted to do Chest C3/4 at the same time as Casket C1, but it didn't work for the casket.
WS > WS > weak nuke > cap dmg nuke.
w/ frailty + malaise. each kill was probably only ~15s from pull.
Reasons we think it may not have worked:
1: can't MB kill.
2: can't do a non-speed kill in the middle.
-ghosts kept sound agro'ing us ending in us doing non-speed kills between speed kills.
3: can't MB on the speed kills at all.
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2022-09-06 14:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
Never said not possible, I said not expected. Obviously groups are going to hit FAR more blue chests than I can solo. Expecting to get a +1 chest, then rolling +2, on TOP of also rolling SMN seems rare enough that I don't expect to hit it even if I ran every day for a year.

Fun math fact:

Odds of getting a +1 old case from a chest or nm (being generous, say 1 in 10)
Odds of getting a +2 earring from a +1 old case (being generous, say 1 in 10)
Odds of any earring being for the job you want = 1 in 22

Therefore, odds of getting a +2 earring on your job is:

= (1/10)*(1/10)*(1/22)
= (0.1)*(0.1)*(0.04545)
= 0.0004545
= 0.045%
OR 1 in 2200 odds per eligible boss clear or chest.

Keep in mind this doesn't take into account the fluctuations in the augments for each of the three augment types on the +2s.

Yipeeeee!!!
By Tarage 2022-09-06 14:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Illuminate said: »
Never said not possible, I said not expected. Obviously groups are going to hit FAR more blue chests than I can solo. Expecting to get a +1 chest, then rolling +2, on TOP of also rolling SMN seems rare enough that I don't expect to hit it even if I ran every day for a year.

Fun math fact:

= (1/10)*(1/10)*(1/22)
= (0.1)*(0.1)*(0.04545)
= 0.0004545
= 0.045%

Keep in mind this doesn't take into account the fluctuations in the augments for each of the three augment types on the +2s.

Yipeeeee!!!

There's worse odds in the game. Regardless, I am not counting on getting it any time soon.
[+]
By Weeew 2022-09-06 15:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Yesterday we attempted to do Chest C3/4 at the same time as Casket C1, but it didn't work for the casket.
WS > WS > weak nuke > cap dmg nuke.
w/ frailty + malaise. each kill was probably only ~15s from pull.
Reasons we think it may not have worked:
1: can't MB kill.
2: can't do a non-speed kill in the middle.
-ghosts kept sound agro'ing us ending in us doing non-speed kills between speed kills.
3: can't MB on the speed kills at all.

The answer is 2... both B casket and C casket work this way. First kill can be slow. Second and Third kill must be fast.
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2022-09-06 15:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fun math fact:

= (1/10)*(1/10)*(1/22)
= (0.1)*(0.1)*(0.04545)
= 0.0004545
= 0.045%

Yipeeeee!!!

There's worse odds in the game. Regardless, I am not counting on getting it any time soon.

For sure! I am not counting on getting even a +1 anytime soon, either LOL! I was thinking to myself, putting these odds in perspective, the 1 in 10 chance of getting a +1 old case would mean that people would be averaging about two +1 old cases per run, modestly. So, say opening only 16 chests and killing 4 nms is one possible combination. Obviously people aren't coming out with two +1 cases per run on average, so the 1 in 2200 odds are being very very generous LOL. This earring system is nuts!

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2022-09-06 15:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

= (1/10)*(1/10)*(1/22)
= (0.1)*(0.1)*(0.04545)
= 0.0004545
= 0.045%

No it's worse. +1 drop rate is labelled "Very Rare" (1%) from coffers and "Rare"(5%) from major NM on bg wiki.

So the chance of getting a +2 earring from a case +1 is 10% x 1% = 0.001%.

And the chance of getting the right job=0.001x0.045=0.000045% aka 22k coffers opened.

I can see endless coffers popping in my dream tonight....
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ivubee
user: Ivubee
By Ragnarok.Ivubee 2022-09-06 16:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Discoveries on Objectives for Chest #A3 and #A4.

I think there's either a 10k Magic damage minimum, or there's a number of times you have to do Magic damage since Dia or Enspell is being reported doing the job.

Here's why I think it's the case:

I've been trying to solo this on WAR/NIN.

First tried to simply pull with Katon:Ni and AutoAttack it down, but also used Provoke, Bezerk, Warcry, Retalliation. Nothing after 3 kills.

Then tried same strategy without any JA's at all. Still nothing, tried taking off Sangarious, maybe the Drain effect counted as a JA. (I were already getting desperate).

Fourth strategy attempt, I spammed Katon:Ni and Hyoton:Ni at it, can do 500-1000 damage with them, the others do less than 100. Got Chest #A3.

Did it on 3 more, but ran out of Katon(uchitake) at the last one, and doing it with Hyoton alone wasn't enough (has a 15 sec cooldown). Couldn't get #A4.

Tried again today. Went lean with the amount of spells on the first kill, but spammed on the next 3 and got #A3 on fourth kill. For #A4 got the 2 first kills with spamming. Was silenced for a lot of the 3rd, didn't get it. Spammed on a fourth and got it.

Might try it with the log add-on, but it takes up 30 mins of my run, so I'd rather spend my time hunting NMs and trying Ghatjot who seems killable.

So if anyone is willing to try, testing with a single 5k damage nuke, a 10k nuke, and simply one Dia, could tell us a lot.

Post deleted by User.
By Tokimemofan 2022-09-06 16:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Tokimemofan said: »

Last night I encountered obdella at the D transporter

Is there a way we can crowdsource with like a pins on a map system?
It would be cool to have a nm path map before new stuff gets added.
Exactly why I do the device a b and d objectives first
 Ragnarok.Ivubee
user: Ivubee
By Ragnarok.Ivubee 2022-09-06 16:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »

Its been discussed for a few pages but the only thing not to do is any offensive JA such as provoke, anything that targets the mob will invalidate the objective.

Seems like people disagree on that being solved one page back. Didn't see anything like this mentioned, so thought it was worth sharing.
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 ... 162 163 164