Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 162 163 164
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-08-31 16:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Episode 8 in the series is out covering the path I've been testing that is netting 7-8k Galli and 8-10 chances at Sapphire's and Old Cases per run.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-08-31 16:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Teorem said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Bhoot also only took 4 Flaming Crushes to die.

I did the A boss with Monberaux, Ygnas, AAEV, and Valaineral trusts. They were perfectly self-sufficient (given metal and no healing the monster). Flaming Crush did 99k to the boss
What master level is this at? My SMN gear isn't that bad and I couldn't kill the Bhoot with Conduit Flaming Crush, even with GEO debuffs.

My GEO mule has an Idris. My SMN is pretty strong (Nirvana, AF+3, Relic+3, omen accessories, etc.) but I'm not as serious as some on these boards. I did 4 Flaming Crushes (oops, one wasn't 99k because I accidentally used Apogee instead of AC) and it died:

I opened gate C1 (got the chest) at [19:48:51], so 1 minute and 13 seconds before the kill.

Mlevel 31 on SMN, no new earring, no empyrean. I think the key here is to use Frailty/Malaise on the GEO. Haste doesn't matter for BPs.
 Phoenix.Teorem
Server: Phoenix
user: Soybean
By Phoenix.Teorem 2022-08-31 16:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
My GEO mule has an Idris. My SMN is pretty strong (Nirvana, AF+3, Relic+3, omen accessories, etc.) but I'm not as serious as some on these boards. I did 4 Flaming Crushes (oops, one wasn't 99k because I accidentally used Apogee instead of AC) and it died:

Mlevel 31 on SMN, no new earring, no empyrean. I think the key here is to use Frailty/Malaise on the GEO. Haste doesn't matter for BPs.
Thanks! I appreciate the context.

And agreed, he's got a woefully overtuned sense of self-sacrifice.
[+]
 Asura.Schroe
Server: Asura
user: Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2022-08-31 17:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Also the monster that is killed has to be claimed, this was a big one for my group since we liked to gather and just blow up groups without taking care to make them each red.
I don't think they even need to be red, just as long as they are the "main target" of an aoe or other attack. I grabbed 6 acuex, subducted one, tab spectral floe, tab anvil lightning, tab subduction, tab fulgor, tab floe etc. I got metal chest, shard chest and blue casket 1. All died at the same time.
[+]
 Shiva.Cerderic
Server: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2022-08-31 18:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think they even need to be red, just as long as they are the "main target" of an aoe or other attack. I grabbed 6 acuex, subducted one, tab spectral floe, tab anvil lightning, tab subduction, tab fulgor, tab floe etc. I got metal chest, shard chest and blue casket 1. All died at the same time.
Definitely did not have the same experience. Casting subduction on each one individually at least once, I only got shard after 7th magic kill.
By SimonSes 2022-08-31 18:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I got strange bug today. I had shard and metal A on all chars (quadruple checked) and when I was trying to click the Gadget, it was telling me that it can't be used >.>
 Asura.Schroe
user: Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2022-08-31 18:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Cerderic said: »
Definitely did not have the same experience. Casting subduction on each one individually at least once, I only got shard after 7th magic kill.
That is really weird. I had cast spells on each one individually and got those 3 chests. I'll try the same thing again tomorrow and if it works I'll get a screencap of the combat log.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-31 19:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I got strange bug today. I had shard and metal A on all chars (quadruple checked) and when I was trying to click the Gadget, it was telling me that it can't be used >.>

Just to be sure. Nobody in your group inadvertently entered the boss and then left, correct? I died to Ghatjot in a solo run, then the doors behind the area opened back up. Instead of waiting on weakness, I exited but then later tried to return to kill him again (I still had the metal and shard in my inventory) and the device said it couldn't be used. Apparently, you can only warp to each boss once.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-31 19:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hadn't considered there might be a cool down. Good to know.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-31 20:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Our group managed to clear all 4 bosses and 25/29 chests with 10 minutes left, only missing B key, D key, C Casket #2, and D Casket #2.

I'm confident that once the caskets are figured out, 29/29 chest + 4/4 boss runs will be possible. I'm nurturing a faint hope that getting 29/29 and 4/4 will give you a guaranteed old case +1.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-08-31 21:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Did A boss plus 4 mini NMs again today, this time on THF, but only got one Old Case for my troubles.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-08-31 21:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed the D mobs of similar jobs have different armor sets.
Could it be to kill lets say a Monk in AF, Relic, Empy?
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-31 22:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Each area seems to have 1 combat-related blue chest and 1 non-combat-related blue chest. We're missing the non-combat related ones for C and D. I'm sure that if the missing objectives were combat-related, someone would have reported them by now.

Thsy're probably something weird, like doing all job emotes, or using 10 pieces of medicine.
By Vaerix 2022-08-31 22:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Each area seems to have 1 combat-related blue chest and 1 non-combat-related blue chest. We're missing the non-combat related ones for C and D. I'm sure that if the missing objectives were combat-related, someone would have reported them by now.

Thsy're probably something weird, like doing all job emotes, or using 10 pieces of medicine.

This begs the question (because I missed like 5 days worth of pages) what is the B non combat objective that's not key or plate?
 Fenrir.Positron
Server: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-08-31 22:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »

This begs the question (because I missed like 5 days worth of pages) what is the B non combat objective that's not key or plate?

Opening any Locked Gate B.
By Ultimaetus 2022-08-31 23:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bringing people to D at the end is always fun. Just some poor sod getting blapped by the Demisangs
[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2022-08-31 23:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks guys 10/10 thread would read again, perhaps when they change the objectives and bosses next month

those giant roots always made me wonder if you have to have a player at each one and do something within a short timeframe
By SimonSes 2022-09-01 00:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jyubeii said: »
just have to give it a minute. we had a straggler with aggro at the device so the other 5 ported back down to help kill stuff. at first it said the device was unusable but after a few moments it let all 6 of us back in. we had not engaged the boss though, that might be the difference.

I had no aggro. I ran straight to the boss from acuex with sneak on all chars (3 boxing). Tried to enter for a minute (nothing came after me in that time too). No idea what happened really.
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-09-01 00:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the recommendations gents. Where we’ve been going is going all the way into the middle to get the plate objectives before doing a boss. Didn’t realise it wasn’t needed.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2022-09-01 01:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jyubeii said: »
SimonSes said: »
I had no aggro. I ran straight to the boss from acuex with sneak on all chars (3 boxing). Tried to enter for a minute (nothing came after me in that time too). No idea what happened really.

today at odyssey our leader got sent to C while the rest of us were sent to Sheol A... servers must be really stressed out lol

Thing is, I was doing it in the best possible time for low congestion (JP sleep, EU going to sleep, NA just starting to show up). There was no line at all for Sortie.
By Tarage 2022-09-01 01:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to call into question the criteria for A4. I got the chest with an Irfit kill. Don't ask me how, I have no idea, I was just using Flaming Crush and got the chest. Previously I had been trying to take the thing down to the point where I could magic kill on my SMN, but sometimes Ifrit just crit kills them. It also took me about 5 magic kills to get A3 so... no clue.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-09-01 04:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
I'm going to call into question the criteria for A4. I got the chest with an Irfit kill. Don't ask me how, I have no idea, I was just using Flaming Crush and got the chest. Previously I had been trying to take the thing down to the point where I could magic kill on my SMN, but sometimes Ifrit just crit kills them. It also took me about 5 magic kills to get A3 so... no clue.

I killed acuex with almost nothing but Flaming Crush and got the A chests (boss KIs and the 5-kill one). I think SE chose to be kind to SMN in their definition of blood pacts this time.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-09-01 05:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

When I asked it I got answered that the Magical BPs don't count for the A chests objectives.
Now you're telling me they do count, and that even Hybrid like Flaming Crush work?
Nom nom!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-09-01 06:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is my SMN run: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56855/sortie-release-info/49/#3638161

I'm not convinced that substantial magic damage is required. I got the chests on THF last night killing Hecteyes near the A porter and my only magic damage was Dia II from my mule.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-09-01 07:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Chest A3 maybe... it just requires magic that deals some damage, even if it's just "1". Could be. I got it easily on MNK with Trusts.

But Chest A4 has some magic damage threshold that you have to go through.
I couldn't get it on MNK and after like 15-20 targets killed with no A4 popping I simply gave up, my trusts couldn't deal enough damage it seems.

On RDM and BLU solo I never had this issue. My RDM nukes were 13~23k roughly, and my BLU ones I don't remember but clearly way above 10k.
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-09-01 07:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Did the run today basically running around the edge as suggested and got all NM's and got to all bosses. Got one old case and thats it -.-

Something was wrong with the B casket though. We did Leaden > Aeolian > Leaden kills and didnt get it, then tried just leaden spam and still didn't get it. Did the same thing yesterday and got it quickly. We had malaise on. Not sure what was up?

Edit: We did the B objectives on the light/ice elementals near B boss - then did B boss, then went to the fire elementals to try and get the casket and still couldn't get the objective.
By SimonSes 2022-09-01 07:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jokes said: »
Did the run today basically running around the edge as suggested and got all NM's and got to all bosses. Got one old case and thats it -.-

Something was wrong with the B casket though. We did Leaden > Aeolian > Leaden kills and didnt get it, then tried just leaden spam and still didn't get it. Did the same thing yesterday and got it quickly. We had malaise on. Not sure what was up?

Edit: We did the B objectives on the light/ice elementals near B boss - then did B boss, then went to the fire elementals to try and get the casket and still couldn't get the objective.

Its the same for me. Im pretty sure it's some kind of mix of right elemental damage to right elemental in right day. It's probably very forgiving requirement, but sometimes it doesn't work. I was doing Leaden (with darkness SC and without) during Windsday on light/ice/water elementals and it didnt work. Doing physical 4step light on Umbrils failed too.
 Bismarck.Zubuis
Server: Bismarck
user: Zubuis
By Bismarck.Zubuis 2022-09-01 08:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jokes said: »

I'd try losing the malaise. Another friend of mine was having the same problem. Once he dropped the malaise, he was able to get the casket for B. He was also casting sleep on the elementals before but I suspect it has something with malaise (or enfeebles in general).
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 162 163 164