First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 162 163 164
 Asura.Qibble
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: KibbleK
By Asura.Qibble 2022-08-31 06:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jokes said: »
Anyone have a nice route for full clearing? We are 3 players multi boxing 2 characters each (pld brd Blu cor whm geo usually) and find we are losing a ton of time getting to the bosses from being in the middle to hit objectives (mainly SC MB on C device).

I've been having BRD BLU WHM go do A and D objectives, while COR GEO Apururu do B and C objectives. After getting them we meet back up and run and do the bosses. Have about 25-30mins left after hitting all the objectives to go kill the bosses.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2022-08-31 06:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jyubeii said: »
splitting into 2 or preferably 3 groups is pretty much required, we have been full clearing but usually only have a couple of minutes after D boss dies.

We run as one group and full clear with like 10-15min left, so it's not required at all. (by full clear I mean all NMs, bosses and blue chests that we know how to pop)
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2022-08-31 07:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

100 Galli isn't worth doing Chest #B1 after getting your Key the first time.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-08-31 07:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
splitting into 2 or preferably 3 groups is pretty much required, we have been full clearing but usually only have a couple of minutes after D boss dies.

We run as one group and full clear with like 10-15min left, so it's not required at all. (by full clear I mean all NMs, bosses and blue chests that we know how to pop)

What route would you and Kujah recommend?
By SimonSes 2022-08-31 07:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

What route would you and Kujah recommend?

- A shard/metal + blue + NM if it's there + boss
- B shard/metal + blue + NM + boss
- C try to kill bhoot in 2.5min, if you cant find it shard/metal + blue + bhoot + boss
- D shard/metal + NM + blue (there are 2 rooms I think with one job of each to make it easier) + boss
- go kill leech if you didn't at start
- reset C and kill bhoot in 2.5min if you didn't

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Trumpy
Server: Shiva
user: Trumpy3k
By Shiva.Trumpy 2022-08-31 09:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

For those sector A objectives, doing only white dmg and a magic kill has worked ever since I've known about it. BUT! That magic kill, I believe, needs to be at least 10,000 dmg. I don't see this tidbit specified anywhere anymore. One of the times I had to do 2 extra kills for the second objective because my nuke only did like 7-8k dmg, and that last kill was 10,100 or so and completed objective.
By Chimerawizard 2022-08-31 09:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a nice route for full clearing? We are 3 players multi boxing 2 characters each (pld brd Blu cor whm geo usually) and find we are losing a ton of time getting to the bosses from being in the middle to hit objectives (mainly SC MB on C device).
Go to D and find Deleterious. (do non-combat objectives while searching)
Kill him and the nearest party to him.
Go to Gadget D and kill Degei.

Go to Device, and rebuff, then split into Device A & B to do objectives for both.
Go to Gadget B and kill Leshonn.
Go to Gadget A and kill Ghatjot.

Go to Device, have one person go to device B or D. He will go for the C1/2 door key, for w/e reason C3 won't give the key. When he gets to a locked door everyone ports to device C and starts searching for Bhoot.
Do the remaining objectives in C and kill Skomora.
Killall with time remaining. If you can cleave, consider elementals, otherwise undead are faster points than fomors at least from my experience.

Bolters is a godsend for getting around the zone when there's going to be a lot of running around w/o further need to fight things.

Our group has been getting A7/7, B7/7, C6/7, D6/7 ?1/1 on our last two runs now.
Granted we didn't try splitting the A&B objectives at the same time yet, and still had time leftover. We're trying to optimize further. We'd just run from D to A, then to B after Ghatjot.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-31 09:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Also the monster that is killed has to be claimed, this was a big one for my group since we liked to gather and just blow up groups without taking care to make them each red.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-31 10:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Trumpy said: »
For those sector A objectives, doing only white dmg and a magic kill has worked ever since I've known about it. BUT! That magic kill, I believe, needs to be at least 10,000 dmg. I don't see this tidbit specified anywhere anymore. One of the times I had to do 2 extra kills for the second objective because my nuke only did like 7-8k dmg, and that last kill was 10,100 or so and completed objective.

The at least 10k damage thing has been debunked at least 15 times already...
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-31 10:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

I'm thinking most of these "objectives" aren't so much "do X", but rather "don't do Y".
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-31 10:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

I'm thinking most of these "objectives" aren't so much "do X", but rather "don't do Y".

There is likely some truth to that, personally, I'm liking the one that has been popping up on the last few pages that posits that the number of debuffs has to be greater than the number of WS on the mobs. The 10-25k thing has been thoroughly debunked imo, I've been doing it on my rdm just by casting dia, and dropping 30-40k Fire IV/Vs on them.

To be clear, I don't know what the exact mechanic is, just stating that the strategy I'm using is meeting whatever the unknown mechanic actually is.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-31 10:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah we've been using BLU or GEO to aoe their HP down then finishing off with a single target nuke while ensuring it's red.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-31 10:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The one thing I would like some information on is the C Plate objective.

I've pulled both Ghosts and Corses to the device C and I can't get the chest to pop for plate. Is it multiple? Is it skeles?

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-31 10:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been standing within like 2 yalms of it. They've definitely been dying on the platform. I'll keep trying.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-31 11:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

To be clear, I don't know what the exact mechanic is, just stating that the strategy I'm using is meeting whatever the unknown mechanic actually is.

A Monk friend of mine says he got both objectives as MNK just meleeing it down (his trusts probably cast dia on the mobs).

The problem with these objectives is that, most of the time, they are not controlled tests to validate the exact mechanics. For every ten people who did Magic-Only kills, someone else will come in and say they got the chests doing the complete opposite, meleeing it all the way down. For every person saying the objective is earned without doing a WS, someone else will come in and say they got the chest while using a WS.

They should just make a KI (similar to the periapt of guidance from VW that gives you hints) that you can unlock that tells you what objectives are necessary for certain sections. I know it's Vagary and by definition, it's supposed to be "vague", but it's kind of silly hunting down an objective for 10-min and not knowing what the hell is causing you NOT to get the chest.
By zigzagzig 2022-08-31 12:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

or to make it simplier ( jp way ), randomize all obj. in a random generated maze, in darkness with Fog weather, and no gear allowed

Could be fun, bit longer to get it done, but well SE <3 longtimmmeeee
 Phoenix.Teorem
Server: Phoenix
user: Soybean
By Phoenix.Teorem 2022-08-31 13:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Bhoot also only took 4 Flaming Crushes to die.

I did the A boss with Monberaux, Ygnas, AAEV, and Valaineral trusts. They were perfectly self-sufficient (given metal and no healing the monster). Flaming Crush did 99k to the boss
What master level is this at? My SMN gear isn't that bad and I couldn't kill the Bhoot with Conduit Flaming Crush, even with GEO debuffs.
By SimonSes 2022-08-31 13:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Teorem said: »

I did the A boss with Monberaux, Ygnas, AAEV, and Valaineral trusts. They were perfectly self-sufficient (given metal and no healing the monster). Flaming Crush did 99k to the boss
What master level is this at? My SMN gear isn't that bad and I couldn't kill the Bhoot with Conduit Flaming Crush, even with GEO debuffs.

Define not bad.

ML on SMN won't change much. It would improve just accuracy and magic accuracy. Edit: and damage from base stats on avatar but not by that much

I mean MLs could change a lot if it's acc/macc issue, but it shouldn't otherwise.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-08-31 13:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Couple things from yesterday and today. Was doing the Bhoot yesterday, and it inflicted me with curse which was going to last 48 MINUTES if I didn't remove it...what in the ***? Also, it's probably known and I overlooked it, but don't call Arciella for Ghatjot. Her en-attacks, presumably darkness, were curing it, which lead to high damage Clobbering Wave.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2022-08-31 14:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Couple things from yesterday and today. Was doing the Bhoot yesterday, and it inflicted me with curse which was going to last 48 MINUTES if I didn't remove it...what in the ***? Also, it's probably known and I overlooked it, but don't call Arciella for Ghatjot. Her en-attacks, presumably darkness, were curing it, which lead to high damage Clobbering Wave.

I wonder how her en-attacks work with the element it targets in that regard vs but in your case it was Water which made it absorb. Really have to avoid doing or using anything Water related with that mob.
 Phoenix.Teorem
Server: Phoenix
user: Soybean
By Phoenix.Teorem 2022-08-31 14:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Define not bad.

ML on SMN won't change much. It would improve just accuracy and magic accuracy. Edit: and damage from base stats on avatar but not by that much

I mean MLs could change a lot if it's acc/macc issue, but it shouldn't otherwise.
It's the same set that everyone's been using for years: Nirvana, Convoker's +3 body, Path A Apogee, etc. The only difference I have in my set is that I'm using Kyrene's instead of Gelos, and Adad instead of the SMN+2 necklace.

Since the Bhoot has ~350k HP, those 4 Flaming Crushes had to have been dealing a lot more damage than I was getting (~20kish each). Valaineral was unwilling to use Uriel Blade even once--even on the pull--so I had no opportunities to close a gigantic Light skillchain either. GEO was using the usual Frailty+Malaise.

I'm not at all doubting his account. I usually low-man this, so I'm just wondering if there's something I'm missing for when I eventually try again, whether it's 40 master levels or an Idris or something. Or perhaps it was nothing and just the usual XI sorry-try-again-tomorrow bad luck.
 Asura.Aerox
By Asura.Aerox 2022-08-31 15:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Teorem said: »

Got the new Smn Earring? Has Avatar level +1 don't know if that would boost damage a lot?
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 162 163 164