Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2024-06-02 01:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Asura.Melliny said: »
Quote:
To expand on this, it seems like aminon only gets TP from the specific target of his abilities

Mobs don't get tp from AoE melee swings beyond their primary target. I've gone to bumba on corsair and stood right next to him with the blue mage to keep an entrust bubble effect up. I was taking low but non-zero damage the whole time and it was fine. Having extra people near Mboze on KI1 doesn't make him more spammy. And when my sortie group fights aminon all 5 of the non-tanks are constantly taking hits from him. It never feeds him tp. Absorb tp wouldn't be enough to keep aminon's tp gain at bay if 5 people were feeding him tp EVERY swing he makes. Only the tank needs to maintain stoneskin and get hit for zero in that fight.

It's still a good idea to keep a reasonable defensive idele, but there's no reason the dancer can't throw up an AoE waltz now and again after reverse flourish. It affords them more than enough tp to both waltz and still weaponskill immediately after, and with centovente offhand it won't affect damage output much. I do it all the time when people are getting a bit low to ease the cure burden when our tank is busy with stoneskin recasts.

I only used the word seems because I haven't personally done any tests, but it's pretty much general knowledge at this point I feel like.

As for defensive sets, on DNC I think I'm actually taking net positive MDT due to my idle set. It's not too risky, and honestly haven't ever had to throw out a waltz, although you're right that I probably could.

Idle set is:
ItemSet 395796

Cape is PDT augment/tp cape

so my net MDT is +4 MDT taken

Man I enjoyed the regain from that set, but I felt really squishy. Was in the yellow HP alot, but it was manageable for my PLD
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-06-02 07:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Squishy yes but it’s a significant increase in TP gain/WS frequency. Waltz if it gets dicey!
By Taint 2024-06-02 08:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The curing is very manageable for the PLD. Focus on DPS and let him handle the extra curing.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-06-02 15:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it true that STP+ affects how much TP you get when taking damage? Our dnc swears it does and wears STP+ in slots where theres no regain just for a little extra
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2024-06-02 15:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Is it true that STP+ affects how much TP you get when taking damage? Our dnc swears it does and wears STP+ in slots where theres no regain just for a little extra
Yes
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-06-02 17:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to adjust my COR and BRD regain sets
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-06-03 00:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Yes

Is there any actual evidence or math behind this other than this anecdote on bg wiki?:

• It has been observed that adding Store TP will increase the TP gained by the player when hit by a mob.

• Specific situation was found when swapping between Masamune and Dojikiri Yatsusuna. Porxies in Reisenjima fed 35 TP/hit to the player while equipped with Masamune, and 37 TP/hit when equipped with Doji.

I mean great if it's true, I didn't know that, but that comment seems flimsy at best.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-06-03 08:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not hard to test. Just get hit by a mob and note the amount of tp you get per hit. Then add more store tp to your gear set and see how much tp you get.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-06-03 14:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not hard to test. Just get hit by a mob and note the amount of tp you get per hit. Then add more store tp to your gear set and see how much tp you get.

Thanks captain obvious, do you have a link for any actual testing?

(ie What's the formula? If +100 STP is 1 more TP is even it worth it? etc.)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-03 14:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »

Thanks captain obvious, do you have a link for any actual testing?

(ie What's the formula? If +100 STP is 1 more TP is even it worth it? etc.)

Do you have any arguments as to why the accepted standard isn't correct other than "I am too stupid to understand what I'm reading"? Seems to be a trend with you.

Burden of proof lies with you, not the people who already know how it works.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-06-03 15:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Do you have any arguments as to why the accepted standard isn't correct other than "I am too stupid to understand what I'm reading"? Seems to be a trend with you.

There's no Python creation to give him the answers he needs, so gotta go somewhere until an addon is written....
[+]
 Phoenix.Gavroches
Server: Phoenix
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-06-03 15:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

First time I heard of it myself, granted there’s lots of first time for Gav, 3 yr old player here so there’s tons of information I appreciate finding, specially when It come with a side of spicy comments, make the forum a lot more entertaining. Not sure it’s worth making a set as I do not see the where the goal of waiting for TP thru hit, but never the less an interesting mechanic.
By Taint 2024-06-03 15:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It wasn't super important until now where you cheese a mob by not engaging and doing any and everything to gain TP while idle.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-06-03 16:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm I get it now….
Taint said: »
It wasn't super important until now where you cheese a mob by not engaging and doing any and everything to gain TP while idle.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-06-03 17:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So I must prove something I wasn't aware existed because the people who claim it's true have no direct evidence to support the assertion they are making other than anecdotes?

Got it.

A normal person would just say it needs to be tested because no one has gotten around to it but here we are.
[+]
By Nariont 2024-06-03 17:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So you got the above, you got this blurb on the TP section

Melee hits: A player gains 1/3rd of the TP that the monster gains. Monsters' TP gain can be calculated the same way a player's is. A rule of thumb is that you gain around 21 TP/hit on normal monsters (Most monsters have 240 Delay, and gain 64 TP per hit). Any Store TP gear/traits affect this the same way it affects melee TP gain (see below). Monsters with Subtle Blow reduce this value similar to how it works for players.

Idk what else you want, if you want exact values on stp in regards to being hit you could just do some testing yourself
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-06-03 17:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Idk what else you want, if you want exact values on stp in regards to being hit you could just do some testing yourself

What I wanted was not to waste time testing something that was already tested? That's why I asked if someone had a link. If no one has done it okay, that's the answer. I'll go do it myself if I really want to know. Instead, all I get is rude comments from ignorant people (not you).
 Asura.Warmoose
By Asura.Warmoose 2024-06-03 17:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
Nariont said: »

What I wanted was not to waste time testing something that was already tested? That's why I asked if someone had a link. If no one has done it okay, that's the answer. I'll go do it myself if I really want to know. Instead, all I get is rude comments from ignorant people (not you).

Haha. This is rich coming from someone who felt he was "rightfully disparaging" someone on another thread.

You just love staying triggered
[+]
 Asura.Warmoose
By Asura.Warmoose 2024-06-03 17:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You're the text book, can't handle his own medicine person.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-06-03 17:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

Blasphemy. You mean to tell me the community that thrives on having fourteen versions of a WS set didn't think about putting loads of STP in their DT sets to optimize TP gain per round? *Audible Gasp*
[+]
 Phoenix.Gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-06-03 17:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically, Melliny told us earlier (might be pages away at this rhythm) the AoE move from aminon does not give him more TP, only from original target (in this case PLD so 0 hopefully), and because Aminon dmg everyone around (but PLD)the other 5 receive TP because of DMG received (math above). That TP received can be modified using STP gears.

So we got all this information by a comment from some that heard something thru the grapevine, posted here, got made fun off (because why not it’s a forum after all). In that fog, information got thru. That’s pretty neat actually.

Thank you and correct me if I got it wrong.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-03 18:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Warmoose said: »

9.9/10 of his posts are filled with vitriol and ignorance, second he gets some ***flung back he whimpers and crybullies. Hilarious
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-06-03 18:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gavroches said: »
So basically, Melliny told us earlier (might be pages away at this rhythm) the AoE move from aminon does not give him more TP, only from original target (in this case PLD so 0 hopefully), and because Aminon dmg everyone around (but PLD)the other 5 receive TP because of DMG received (math above). That TP received can be modified using STP gears.

So we got all this information by a comment from some that heard something thru the grapevine, posted here, got made fun off (because why not it’s a forum after all). In that fog, information got thru. That’s pretty neat actually.

Thank you and correct me if I got it wrong.

But Geriond said we were all feeding Mboze too much TP because we were all in range of his moves! You mean he was wrong all this time?????
 Asura.Warmoose
By Asura.Warmoose 2024-06-03 18:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Warmoose said: »

9.9/10 of his posts are filled with vitriol and ignorance, second he gets some ***flung back he whimpers and crybullies. Hilarious

Indeed. It must be interesting to go through life so easily emotionally hijacked.
 Valefor.Aspens
user: Aspens
By Valefor.Aspens 2024-06-03 19:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

got hit by a bee gained 24, used sam roll then gained 35

(from STP 28 to stp 88)

thanks for coming to my ted talk
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-03 20:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Random question here, BG wiki says that Store TP I is 10 STP and Store TP III is 20 STP; Does anyone have any testing for this?

I personally think it's 50 STP for Store TP III but I'm not going to waste my time testing it if someone else has already done it.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-03 20:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

had me in the first half ngl
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-06-03 21:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Aspens said: »
got hit by a bee gained 24, used sam roll then gained 35

(from STP 28 to stp 88)

thanks for coming to my ted talk

Waiting for the formula. You know I'm not going to put in the work.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-06-03 21:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fling away? I have zero respect for anyone here so to me it's just hilarious too! I really don't mind at all, so carry on troll!

Is the burden of proof on me to prove that too?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-03 21:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Tomasello: Flat earther of the FFXI community
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 157 158 159