Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 153 154 155 156
By Ranoutofspace 2024-05-10 07:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The bubble doesn't take much damage so no need to lock into Idris. Tishtrya should be BiS for Judgment spam.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-05-10 07:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
what's the best weapon to judgment spam on geo?
been using idris but if we get faster at these NM kills i don't think i actually will need the dt-25%. ergon/aeonic/su5/prime/other?
With AM3 up the best is Idris.
With AM3 down then Aeonic.

Black Halo with Maxentius will more often than not be above but you talked specifically about Judgment so let's not talk about this.

Honestly not sure where Prime fits in all this.

You already acknowledged the real problem though, and that's the 25% pet DT which you're quite likely going to need, alas. Which kinda binds you into Idris no matter what.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-05-10 07:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
You already acknowledged the real problem though, and that's the 25% pet DT which you're quite likely going to need, alas. Which kinda binds you into Idris no matter what.
If we're talking Hard mode Aminon, I was already doing it using Maxentius with no Luopan deaths. You do have to adjust your idle set for more Pet DT/regen, but Idris is not a requirement to keep a luopan alive there.

Other NMs might actually be the more difficult part, depending on strat. Grav strat where the tank is just so far away that the mob doesn't even melee for the entire fight... no issue. But if they actually get to melee, much less WS/Fetter then.. that could be an issue even with Idris.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-05-10 11:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

been using idris but if we get faster at these NM kills i don't think i actually will need the dt-25%. ergon/aeonic/su5/prime/other?

Black Halo with Maxentius will more often than not be above but you talked specifically about Judgment so let's not talk about this.

Cath Pulug Club has a base damage bonus that is pretty signficant over both R15 Idris (7.6%) and R15 Tishtrya (9.8%). I haven't mathed it out but that's pretty significant.

Regarding the sets, you don't need PDT, just MDT, and I got around using idris by doing Dunna, AF+3 hands, Pet MDT cape, and 2 pieces of Pet DT Telchine to hit MDT cap. You could be naked and take less damage than the dnc practically for the master set... :D
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-10 12:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Other NMs might actually be the more difficult part

I've seen Gartell delete a luopan before Dematerialize goes off multiple times with or without Idris... dude is a machine
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-05-10 12:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Other NMs might actually be the more difficult part

I've seen Gartell delete a luopan before Dematerialize goes off multiple times with or without Idris... dude is a machine
I've had a Luopan get oneshotted right as I cast it. Like, I finshed the cast, the luopan appeared, and then it was gone. I was so confused when I tried to Ecliptic and it said I needed a luopan... Had to check the log to make sure my cast actually finished.

Made me wonder if I needed to start midcasting luopan DT for geo spells... I mean, it doesn't usually happen, but sometimes he just wrecks ***.

EDIT: After checking my sets... it looks like I did actually add AF hands to my geo spell midcast, capping pet DT during midcast. I just forgot about it afterwards.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-10 13:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Of some value, adding RoEs to Sortie

A free earring box, seems like it, but don't be shocked if it's just muffins
[+]
By Godfry 2024-05-10 14:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Gartell uses delete: Luopan gets deleted.
By Chimerawizard 2024-05-10 15:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

DEFH we kite and ignore the dmg. AB we've faced, but w/ idris it doesn't seem to die even w/o a life cycle; so losing idris shouldn't be an issue. CG should be able to avoid it dying by deliberately placing it on top of the DDs so it's out of fetter range and demat. Of course, the NM being obnoxious could still kill the luopan anyway but that could happen regardless of idris.

Is black halo going to be better with RDM already spamming that? I thought geo had to avoid that WS so it doen't reduce the RDM's dmg.
By Dodik 2024-05-10 16:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Not going right after rdm also avoids wall, and other dds will TP much faster than rdm and geo.

First wall is 10% also. Maxentius is better if it can be managed. As always, it's not huge but might shave a few seconds.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-10 20:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Not going right after rdm also avoids wall, and other dds will TP much faster than rdm and geo.

First wall is 10% also. Maxentius is better if it can be managed. As always, it's not huge but might shave a few seconds.

Just as a heads up, it isn't as simple as this, at least in Sortie. There's no testing to say how it works exactly but it is clearly evident that it isn't just "the most recent WS is walled" and it is immediately cleared by doing a different one afterward. There's some kind of cumulative resistance that needs to be timed out or overwritten by cycling through many other weaponskills; it's very noticeable on DNC in an Aminon fight particularly if the rest of your party isn't weaponskilling often/fast enough. Wouldn't matter as much in the short 30-60s A-H fights but for Aminon, it makes a noticeable difference by 50% HP left.
By Dodik 2024-05-11 05:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you clarify what you mean, are you saying there is a cumulative WS wall even when not doing identical WS back to back?

That's.. surprising to hear if that's what you mean, can't say I have noticed that even on Aminon.
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2024-05-11 09:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

There's some testing on Long_horned's twitter:
https://twitter.com/long_horned/status/1607129158752305153

You can't avoid the wall by just rotating between 2 different WS.

Rotating 2 different WS walls them at -25%
Rotating 3-5 different WS walls them at -10%
Rotating 6 different WS avoids the wall.

If I'm reading this correctly.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-11 11:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice, didn't know someone actually did the dirty work. Twitter is such an aggrevating medium to get info from so easy to miss, thanks for the link! Definitely tracks with my experiences.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-05-11 14:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure I follow how this applies in practice - does that mean a DNC who is alternating rudra and ruthless on Aminon is going to wall themself because their WS frequency is higher?
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-05-11 15:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Just as a heads up, it isn't as simple as this, at least in Sortie. There's no testing to say how it works exactly but it is clearly evident that it isn't just "the most recent WS is walled" and it is immediately cleared by doing a different one afterward. There's some kind of cumulative resistance that needs to be timed out or overwritten by cycling through many other weaponskills; it's very noticeable on DNC in an Aminon fight particularly if the rest of your party isn't weaponskilling often/fast enough. Wouldn't matter as much in the short 30-60s A-H fights but for Aminon, it makes a noticeable difference by 50% HP left.

I agree. It's absolutely multiple WS in between, not 1-2. Someone else mentioned that some offensive JAs in between also helps break up the WS wall. It's not just WS solely. Don't know if that's been confirmed.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-12 04:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Not sure I follow how this applies in practice - does that mean a DNC who is alternating rudra and ruthless on Aminon is going to wall themself because their WS frequency is higher?

Yes, that's also what I meant when I said it's noticeable if your team isn't weaponskilling frequently enough or using enough unique WS. It can cause a major inflation in kill time for Aminon particularly.

In an optimized group you'd hit that 6WS quota w/ Rudra, Ruthless, BH, Judgment, Savage, and Mordant Rime w/ the occasional contribution from the PLD as well allowing for some unnerfed weaponskills here and there. Having two people doing BH, on the other hand, stands the risk of not only lowering what should be your second strongest DD in there (RDM) but also indirectly lowering your entire group's dmg by not contributing to lowering the wall (i.e. your GEO and RDM both do BH back to back; if it had been BH and Judgment then whatever follows up would deal -10% or full damage instead of potentially -25%).

Single greatest boost to killspeed I've seen in there was everyone in my group optimizing and figuring out how to get more WS per fight, and it increased my average Rudra/Ruthless by the end of the Aminon kill by 10-15k.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-05-12 06:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

We regularly have two people on savage on the non-Aminon bosses with no issues. Like I said, it may shave a few seconds off, probably not worth it just for that.

Aminon is Aminon.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-12 06:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
Someone else mentioned that some offensive JAs in between also helps break up the WS wall.
Other mobs use the same wall, such as Dyna-D red eye NMs and wave bosses. For those, landed debuffs count in the same way. Pretty sure the real mechanic is something like:

Using a qualifying action[probably not limited to WS] increases a count value for that action by 6, and decreases the count value for all other actions by 1. Action is penalized based on count value.

It would make sense for offensive JA to reduce it. It might be interesting to think about whether this is the same thing that we consider the 'mewing lullaby nerf'.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-05-12 07:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »

Yes, that's also what I meant when I said it's noticeable if your team isn't weaponskilling frequently enough or using enough unique WS. It can cause a major inflation in kill time for Aminon particularly.

In an optimized group you'd hit that 6WS quota w/ Rudra, Ruthless, BH, Judgment, Savage, and Mordant Rime w/ the occasional contribution from the PLD as well allowing for some unnerfed weaponskills here and there. Having two people doing BH, on the other hand, stands the risk of not only lowering what should be your second strongest DD in there (RDM) but also indirectly lowering your entire group's dmg by not contributing to lowering the wall (i.e. your GEO and RDM both do BH back to back; if it had been BH and Judgment then whatever follows up would deal -10% or full damage instead of potentially -25%).

Single greatest boost to killspeed I've seen in there was everyone in my group optimizing and figuring out how to get more WS per fight, and it increased my average Rudra/Ruthless by the end of the Aminon kill by 10-15k.

Wonder if a ruthless/rudra/shark bite rotation would be worth trying…we are just now getting aminon on farm mode so our runs don’t have a lot of wiggle room so I’m reluctant to try something like that but if someone else wants to!! xD
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-12 07:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how jumps and COR shots get quantified. Jumps historically sharing recasts probably makes some nice spaghetti and shots all share the same recast even though there are 8 different ones.

Same with steps and flourish 1s since they all contact the mob.
By Taint 2024-05-12 09:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thorny prob right if you watch Aminion videos DNCs are able to kee the 99999s rolling with their opening combos.

But at the same time the rest of the party is doing a multitude of other actions like debuffs, shield bash, light shot etc.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-05-12 09:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The other aspect of the wall is that it doesn’t instantly go to 25% or whatever the cap on the reduction is. You can see this by doing 1 weaponskill over and over it takes 6 uses to get all the way to the 90% reduction or whatever it is

Edit: if debuffs also dilute the wall, applying steps is a huge boon to dnc
By Kadokawa 2024-05-13 02:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Reain said: »
There's some testing on Long_horned's twitter:
https://twitter.com/long_horned/status/1607129158752305153

You can't avoid the wall by just rotating between 2 different WS.

Rotating 2 different WS walls them at -25%
Rotating 3-5 different WS walls them at -10%
Rotating 6 different WS avoids the wall.

If I'm reading this correctly.

Thank you for sharing this great info.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-05-13 20:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm being told of "Reports of F Naaks spawning on initial entry of F sector". Can anyone substantiate these claims? Bug introduced with the patch or hearsay?
By jubes 2024-05-13 21:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

if kill speed is slow (undergeared solo pup) on A boss is there any recourse for clobbering wave, or will it always eventually kill? have not been getting metal but only tried twice so far. it was my understanding that metal has a finite number of uses but that may be incorrect.
By Beau 2024-05-14 00:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

haven't seen naakuals upon F entry but we do start our 8-boss run in F if it's time-gated upon Sortie zone entry
[+]
By Taint 2024-05-14 06:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Did F last yesterday and Naaks were not up.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-14 06:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

jubes said: »
if kill speed is slow (undergeared solo pup) on A boss is there any recourse for clobbering wave, or will it always eventually kill? have not been getting metal but only tried twice so far. it was my understanding that metal has a finite number of uses but that may be incorrect.

I don't think the metal depletes for A/E the same way it does for the others, I think just having it lets you poisona indefinitely. There's an on screen indicator of the metal's 'health' when you're in the area, so you could look at that to know for sure. Even if not, removing it should fully reset the damage of clobbering wave, so you don't have to keep poison permanently off. Just have to remove it before clobbering wave gets threatening a few times.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2024-05-14 07:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
I'm being told of "Reports of F Naaks spawning on initial entry of F sector". Can anyone substantiate these claims? Bug introduced with the patch or hearsay?
Didn't happen to us last night. I wouldn't rule the possibility out entirely, but the more likely circumstance is someone entered F accidentally and didn't own up to their ***.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 153 154 155 156