users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 101 102 103 ... 162 163 164
By SimonSes 2022-11-10 03:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

zixxer said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
With "direct drop" you mean something that appeared directly in the inventory of people participating in the fight?
I assume only people who have a Prime Weapon though, right?

Must have a prime weapon to receive the drop.

Equipped? hit once or just in the inventory?
By Ruaumoko 2022-11-10 03:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
zixxer said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
With "direct drop" you mean something that appeared directly in the inventory of people participating in the fight?
I assume only people who have a Prime Weapon though, right?

Must have a prime weapon to receive the drop.

Equipped? hit once or just in the inventory?
Just having one in inventory is enough.
I was on GEO but have NIN base Prime in Mog Sack.
Nobody in the run killed Skomora with a base Prime.
 Cerberus.Acewarlord
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Acewarlord 2022-11-10 03:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I got 2 eikodrites on my solo run today. 1 from opening B door and 1 from the chest in H exit>re enter.

Go to silver knife and talk to taru to upgrade your weapon
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-10 03:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully eikondrite is an additional drop slot and won't compete with the already existing Sapphire/Starstone/case/case+1 slots.
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2022-11-10 05:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

We got 3 eikondrites in our run today. One from A boss (together with a sapphire), one from obadella NM and one from a coffer in the basement. It seems like they were added to everything that can drop an old case or a sapphire/starstone.
[+]
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-11-10 05:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

We’ve got 1 starstone in 3 weeks, totalling 15 runs. That must be a record for s*** luck. We multibox so it’s a bit slow but do A Boss and Objectivrs, E boss and Nakuaals, F Nakuaals and Bitzer, G Bitzer with about 8 mins to spare.

Today we did all that + random top floor objectives. Got nothing but old cases. Loving life :D
By SimonSes 2022-11-10 06:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jokes said: »
We’ve got 1 starstone in 3 weeks, totalling 15 runs. That must be a record for s*** luck. We multibox so it’s a bit slow but do A Boss and Objectivrs, E boss and Nakuaals, F Nakuaals and Bitzer, G Bitzer with about 8 mins to spare.

Today we did all that + random top floor objectives. Got nothing but old cases. Loving life :D

We had like 3 starstones in static since introduction of EFGH, but recently one of our members went in solo in offdays to unlock monk. Dont know what he did exactly, but probably only few blues and maybe one red and he got 3 Starstones...

***is really random..
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-11-10 06:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jokes said: »

Yeah, I mean, that's pretty terrible luck. It's possible the drop rate is highest from bosses, because they've been what we've focused on, and we have an excess of them (I've gotten around 16 total?). Don't know what comp you're running, but try to work in F or G boss?
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-11-10 07:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats a good setup for G? We usually go RUN BRD COR RNG BLU WHM but have all jobs available
 Asura.Essylt
By Asura.Essylt 2022-11-10 07:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG kills it easily if you bring RDM and have the tank kite the boss. You can also bring BLM and SCH and just magic burst it, but if you don't kite with that strategy, you'll have to kill in 3 min or less, or wipe to Setting the Stage.
By SimonSes 2022-11-10 07:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
RNG kills it easily if you bring RDM and have the tank kite the boss. You can also bring BLM and SCH and just magic burst it, but if you don't kite with that strategy, you'll have to kill in 3 min or less, or wipe to Setting the Stage.

BLM can tank Setting the Stage solo with manawall, you dont need to wipe. I think its also darkness damage so maybe RUN can Sforzo/Liement it too like it can Vivisection.
 Asura.Essylt
By Asura.Essylt 2022-11-10 07:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think its also darkness damage so maybe RUN can Sforzo/Liement
If it does 0 damage on primary target with Sforzo, does every one else in range not take damage as well?
By SimonSes 2022-11-10 08:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
I think its also darkness damage so maybe RUN can Sforzo/Liement
If it does 0 damage on primary target with Sforzo, does every one else in range not take damage as well?

Just run away. It happens every 180-190 sec. With Epeo Liement is AoE so you could protect everyone, but you would need to time it well, since its only 15 sec with +3 body.

Easy way to time it well is bind him (shadowbind works very well) or gravity and run away from it at 2:55, then at 3:10 use Liement and get close to it, it will do it as soon as you are in melee range. You can do the same to force it on BLM with manawall, since it will do it on anyone that get close to it, not only to person highest on enmity list (thats how bound enemies logic works, they switch target to person in range if highest enmity target on the list is out of range).
By SimonSes 2022-11-10 08:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If someone is curious, you can see mega boss here:
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-11-10 09:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Disclai said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
Has anyone else encountered Aita taking less than 1/5th the damage of the other bosses? Our group has several nukers that can do 99999 on the other bosses, but our highest nuke on Aita was about 18k. We had Sab Frazzle III and added Focus later to try to improve our damage (to no avail), so MACC shouldn't have been the cause.

He was also spawning fetters on our back line despite the tank never losing hate; is that normal?

The fetter spawning on the backline is unfortunately normal for Aita.

As for your damage, are you using Bolster'd Malaise, Rayke, Gambit, etc.? Aita takes noticeably less damage than the other bosses, but yours is way too low. It sounds like you're not hitting the correct elemental weakness for the mode he's in; he's only ever susceptible to one element -- the opposite of his last TP move. e.g. If he last used Flaming Kick, he's susceptible to Water.

After he uses Vivisection, he's seemingly vulnerable to no element until he gets another TP move off. Which is extremely annoying because that can take awhile.
We just had BoG Malaise because we used Bolster on a different Nam that run. We theoretically had Rayke and Gambit, but he was switching elements so quickly that I can't guarantee we got much if any benefit from them.

We were definitely hitting the correct weaknesses.
By Penpenn 2022-11-10 09:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Setup has worked for us in EFGH so far:

RUN SCH SCH BLM GEO COR

E - No tabula needed. 1 SCH Makes Scission SCs, Burst Stone

F - Iduration or Scission based on hand element (Windhands - use Induration, Thunderhands - use Scission). Bursting blizzard & stone respectively. Tabula is helpful but not required if the SCHs trade off when out of strats and good timing on random deal

G - SCH Tabula with 3-step Liquefaction > Fusion SC (Earth element > Fire element > thunder element) - bursting Fire. Can do Fragmentation/Thunder SCs instead, but our group has liked the 3-step fires. If can't kill before setting the stage is used, Caper the BLM at 2min45sec into fight and have him run away from the party and tank - he can eat it with manawall.

H - SCH Tabula with SCs based on the weakness element. Other SCH & BLM are bursting whole time, while Rayke/Gambit and Corsairshot are all being used. Bolster was extremely helpful to kill it before vivisection went off for the first time.

I've got 2 or 3 more good attempts before I feel like I can post a really good routing guide - hopefully sometime next week. Routing may get delayed if megaboss kill is discovered and incorporated somewhere, but likely Sortie will be a 2 entrance attempts to get the megaboss done.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-11-10 09:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If someone is curious, you can see mega boss here:

I certainly didn't expect it to look like that. That's a pretty cool looking model.

So more fetters, what appears to be another timed ultimate AoE, and proc mechanics that I couldn't get a read on what the triggers were. Looks like all the elemental fetters might be in this one as well. Each fetter had a different element to it from what I could see. I hope he drops a guaranteed +1 case. Fingers crossed.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-10 09:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melliny said: »
I hope he drops a guaranteed +1 case. Fingers crossed.

For all that trouble, he should drop 3-5 guaranteed +1 cases.

Also looks like people need to be idling in -50% DT and magic evasion sets in the backline so they don't get wrecked by fetter spam.

On the topic of fetters, Geez Louise.....those things are EVERYWHERE. It never bothered me back in Superman HTBF fights, nor dynamis, but now they have gotten out of hand. Can't be a little more creative than that, making fetter spawn quite literally from every modern content now?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-10 09:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

What was the first content where they deployed fetters? Provenance Watcher?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-10 10:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I just said Superman HTBF, vs Kam'lanaut, Stellar Fulcrum fight.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-11-10 10:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Provenance Watcher came out before HTBFs did.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-10 10:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't that released years after provenance watcher? °_°
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-11-10 10:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe the WotG mission version of Lilith had the first fetters.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-11-10 10:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melliny said: »
I certainly didn't expect it to look like that. That's a pretty cool looking model.

The model was datamined and posted here like month+ ago :)
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-11-10 11:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
On the topic of fetters, Geez Louise.....those things are EVERYWHERE. It never bothered me back in Superman HTBF fights, nor dynamis, but now they have gotten out of hand.

Yeah, I'm getting tired of fetters too. The devs must literally want this game to be "Fetter Fantasy XI". Every new content they develop has an overabundance of them. From Lillith HTBF to dynamis to seg farms to oddy nms and now most of the second floor sortie bosses. They can't be killed and it's really lacking creativity. Spawning them directly on the back lines is kind of a *** move too...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Mirdain 2022-11-10 19:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Mirdain said: »
Shiva.Liam said: »
Just to add to the process of elimination...

Haughty Tulittia - killing on top of the bitzer does not = brown chest.

Second time I got the bonus -

I think its either # of WS, Multiple enemies, or wind damage.

Nothing was done/killed prior to this.

This time I did not delete the clip.
https://youtu.be/mLf4eNUEHEk
It's not a directional requirement.
We killed it with Wildfire when all party members were stacked in front of her.

Will try killing all the fomors around here while she is claimed tomorrow.

This time I never touched the NM (just aggro) and then AoE killed it via Aeolian Edge.

Pretty consistent drops now.

Wanted to limit it down even more.
By Mirdain 2022-11-10 19:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Went in tonight to try and find the basement aurum. Cleared 4/4 basement NMs and 4/4 Reives with Reds and no sign of the Aurum, must be some other condition.

Could be you need the chest to drop (not just kill) and we don't know how to do F so we have yet to see one.
By Ruaumoko 2022-11-11 02:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Managed to replicate the result of Mirdain.

Tulittia was in the four squares.
Pulled all the Fomors in the four squares.
AoE killed them while RUN kept hate on Tulittia.

Kill shot with Wildfire from the front.
Spam of Infected Illusion made it difficult, made sure everyone re-registered hate on her if they got charmed.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 101 102 103 ... 162 163 164