What Do Want In Prime Weapons?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What do want in Prime Weapons?
What do want in Prime Weapons?
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-01-21 17:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Starbucks said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Masamune and Murasame for Edge in FF4.
Oh yeah, I never really used him so don't know how strong they were.
How did you "never really use him"? I dont believe at any point of FF4 could you pick whos in your party, and he was part of the last party.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-01-21 18:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

In one of the versions you could pick party members towards the end and they brought everyone back from the dead. Still had to use the main party before then tho
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-01-21 20:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I just googled this. I dont believe I played the GBA version, or if I did, its not the version of the game I have memories of.

But that would explain why someone could have never used Edge.
By Thunderjet 2023-01-22 00:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Starbucks said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Masamune and Murasame for Edge in FF4.
Oh yeah, I never really used him so don't know how strong they were.
How did you "never really use him"? I dont believe at any point of FF4 could you pick whos in your party, and he was part of the last party.
to be fair his attacks were not the best it was just the throw damage cecil and kain do more damage at that point. with ragnarok/excalibur
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2023-01-22 10:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
I just googled this. I dont believe I played the GBA version, or if I did, its not the version of the game I have memories of.

But that would explain why someone could have never used Edge.
Even if they did play that version, you're still forced to use Edge since he's required for 3 or 4 dungeons before you get access to the final dungeon and the party swap option.
[+]
By Aldraii 2023-01-22 16:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly WAR either needs Upheaval put on STR or another WS from dark GAXE that decently scales with STR.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2023-01-25 21:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Spookyfish said: »
imagine an instrument that offers a single song with multiple offensive buffs like Honor March but....for mages or pets!

Glory march
march with added regen and refresh. keeping the backline going
[+]
 Asura.Zetaking
user: metaking
By Asura.Zetaking 2023-01-26 01:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I am figuring country ballad or holiday carol.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2023-01-26 01:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I am curious if prime weapons will give us a new weapon skill. dark relics I suspect maybe a alternate version of relic WS? example Kaiten but it is dark based. catastrophe but light based. altered animation to reflect this. its an interesting idea would be cool to at least see new weapon skills. or maybe this might lead into the ability to unlock relic weapon skills?
[+]
By Banhammer 2023-01-26 07:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd just be happy if Naegling were deleted.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2023-01-26 12:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Banhammer said: »
I'd just be happy if Naegling were deleted.
I would say Bard can keep it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-01-26 12:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Standards are too high on BRD instrument being game breaking like they did with Honor March. They'll probably be like "We've heard that you've all wanted a sonnet for the pet jobs, we listened. The new song will give Pet: Fast Cast. Enjoy!"
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-01-26 13:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
I am curious if prime weapons will give us a new weapon skill. dark relics I suspect maybe a alternate version of relic WS? example Kaiten but it is dark based. catastrophe but light based. altered animation to reflect this. its an interesting idea would be cool to at least see new weapon skills. or maybe this might lead into the ability to unlock relic weapon skills?

Make them like the Su5 GKT- access to all WSs for that weapon type. I mean c'mon, SE....there's zero reason that BLM and SCH don't get Cataclysm and Earth Crusher naturally, yet the club-wielding WHM and GEO do.
[+]
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2023-01-26 14:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »

Make them like the Su5 GKT- access to all WSs for that weapon type. I mean c'mon, SE....there's zero reason that BLM and SCH don't get Cataclysm and Earth Crusher naturally, yet the club-wielding WHM and GEO do.

Catastrophe and Coronach go brrrr
[+]
 Asura.Zetaking
By Asura.Zetaking 2023-01-26 16:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If i am being honest i want the weaponskills from the past, cuz the gun that looks like a shotgun, would finally get a weapon skill that is a shotgun blast in cracker barrel. Also i would like Ublade so i get a fusion weaponskill as a blu >.>;
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-01-26 20:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zetaking said: »
If i am being honest i want the weaponskills from the past, cuz the gun that looks like a shotgun, would finally get a weapon skill that is a shotgun blast in cracker barrel. Also i would like Ublade so i get a fusion weaponskill as a blu >.>;

Oh c'mon just win the bonanza and get fast blade ii already.

I believe Uriel is light/frag/scission just to disappoint. It does however hit like a truck.
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2023-01-26 20:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zetaking said: »

I'd do unspeakable things for Uriel Blade, if the Flashga stayed.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2023-01-26 21:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've love to get Tartarus Torpor on the staff. AoE Dark damage, -MDB, -M.Eva, and AoE sleep? Yes *** please. Sick of not having Cataclysm on BLM or SCH because I don't have a specific subjob.
By Hopalong 2023-01-26 21:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Whens the next update on what they will be? Right now we have a great shield, and does anyone else use any of the weapons except for sleep prevention? Whats good?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-26 21:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess they always skip January. Freshly picked (likely) 2/16 with the teaser for stage 3.

Then they come out 3/10 or They apologize for being late and the picked is 3/16 and weapons 4/10.
[+]
 Asura.Zetaking
By Asura.Zetaking 2023-01-27 11:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

yea really would like hint on what the end product will be like, atm just using them to trim excess points from sorti.
By Dodik 2023-01-27 18:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's what I really want from prime weapons.

Prime weapon to let Bst actually use their unique ability, Charm, in the current game.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-01-27 19:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Here's what I really want from prime weapons.

Prime weapon to let Bst actually use their unique ability, Charm, in the current game.

Segment farming. Also Charm is not unique, Maiden's Virelai.
By Dodik 2023-01-27 19:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Maiden's Virelai

That's a spell/song.
 Asura.Zetaking
By Asura.Zetaking 2023-01-27 22:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

your right i was thinking of glory slash, which would also be a good weaponskill to get aoe stun triple dmg and dmg based on tp so more than likely 3 6 9 ftp fusion and light
 Sylph.Cossack
Server: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2023-01-28 07:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

A staff the ignores the resist wall, and negates the mtdr.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [98 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Orlanda
user: afraidnot
By Bahamut.Orlanda 2023-05-06 00:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So now we know that the prime weapons will have the same yellow glow as relic weapons, but WILL have different weaponskills connected to each one and won't just re-use the original relic WS.

I'm hopeful that these are going to be more than just a recolor and will be dramatically different, end of the month should show some clues on where each weapon is heading.
By Tarage 2023-05-06 01:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Augments. No one weapon for non/dds is gonna work for all jobs. What a BLM wants and what a SMN wants on a staff are two VERY different things. If it is a flat "This is used for melee damage and weapon skills exclusively" then a good chunk of the weapons instantly become worthless.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14