Best Ranger Augments For Upcoming Shantotto Expansion

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Best Ranger Augments for Upcoming Shantotto expansion
Best Ranger Augments for Upcoming Shantotto expansion
 Diabolos.Marigny
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Marigny
By Diabolos.Marigny 2009-11-01 13:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What would you augment your pants with for your rng? Personally I'm thinking Range Attack +7 and barrage + 1 that + af+1 =barrage + 2 i thinking thats crazy? Anyone else got an opinion?
 Bahamut.Evilswine
Server: Bahamut
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2009-11-01 13:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont think that barrage+1 is worth it when you have af+1 hands already. you get an instant WS with af+1 already and the chance for a 8-hit barrage with 95% acc is 66% so you'll only get 1 more arrow every 7,30 mins.

i'll probably take racc+7 ratk+7. same as relic pants with a little more "ouch"
 Hades.Mmakk
Server: Hades
user: Mmakk
By Hades.Mmakk 2009-11-01 14:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If the barrage +1 does in fact stack with the AF+1 hands, I still think I'll stick with racc+7 & ratt+7. The odds of it actually even getting to that 8th arrow are so low it would feel like a waste of a slot to me. The definite bump to DoT seems more practical than a chance at more epeen every 5 min if even in a situation you can use barrage.

I don't have scout's or skadi, nor am I currently doing dynamis, or salvage; which greatly influences my choice as well.

On a side note, could a number cruncher answer this for me? How would the agi+2 and ratt+7 compare to the str+3 of pahluwan seraweels on slugwinder?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-01 14:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If it stacks with AF Hands, I will go for barrage. Low odds or not, but when that 8th shot does hit, it'll be sweet as. Having the additional hit in the calculation won't lower the odds of any previous hits hitting, so I see no reason not to go for it.

As for Ranged Accuracy, Dusk Trousers or Scout's Braccae give better boosts to accuracy for minimal or no cost; which means these pants could be used for harder to get statistics; replace Skadi's Legs, maybe?
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2009-11-01 14:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I have hachiryu/skadi/scouts. I dunno really; I don't think it's really worth it if you have either of those two to augment the pants for rng. I'm probably gonna go with movement speed for my mage jobs. If I didn't have hachiryu or skadi I would go with rng acc and att augments however. The barrage +1 really isn't worth it.

Edit: As for rng att 7 and agi 2 vs str 3. Agi will add less than 1 base dmg, and the amount of damage added by rng att would be relative to the mob you're fighting. Against colibri for instance, you'd probably do more damage with the augment legs, but vs kirin you'd do more with str 3. Much harder to cap fstr2 vs hnms, much easier against colibri.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-11-01 14:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not decided yet, but I am considering the barrage +1 paired with the r.att + whatever. I don't really need more ranged accuracy, especially with my archery merits maxed out. So anther clump of accuracy would feel like a waste to me. When I get my CoP nastiness done and go to Limbus, I would like the stacked af hands +1 barrage augment along with the barrage +1 on the pants.

Edit: That is IF I get the pants for my rng. I am using palhuwan right now, and am trying to get Skadi's. So I might make it for a different job entirely.

Edit 2: I don't know what job to get them for. /sigh. My thf and rng are both fine with palhuwan til I can get Skadi. My war has byakko shorts, when I'm old enough to wear them. Only other jobs I am leveling right now are mage jobs, and I don't like them enough to get much gear besides the very simple basics for them. Well, not blm, anyways. Icky. ;;