Forum » Windower » General » Addon: SheolHelper
Addon: SheolHelper
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2022-09-17 22:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Latest Update Broke the Addon again. Segs total are not being counted.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Deridjian 2022-09-18 04:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Can several people please confirm that this shifted three to the right to 40005? Three is the usual amount when these happen but according to my comments, in April this only shifted by one.
Would appreciate confirmation (change line 211 as Cbolt pointed out and test ingame) cause I might not be able to test this myself today but would wanna update upstream.
Thank you~
By JudgeN 2022-09-18 14:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Cbolt said: »
if packet['Message ID'] == 40005 and player_total ~= packet['Param 2'] then

This worked for me, thanks
By Deridjian 2022-09-18 15:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for getting back JudgeN, hoped for more voices. But seeing several thanks on Cbolts solution and your confirmation should be good enough.
Pushed a new release v2.1
Front post will always point to the latest, so nothing changed there.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-09-19 02:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the update Deridjian.
I know you've been asked already in the past but did you consider adding your addon to the Windower's official list?
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [120 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-01-16 14:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this is known already or not but I just noticed that "Nostos Evil Weapon" in Sheol A are marked as "not susceptible to Cruel Joke" whereas I killed them just fine with Cruel Joke.

I tried to update the table myself but there's a single one for all three Sheols so I didn't know how to add this info without messing up this very useful addon.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-17 11:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed something strange about Sheol C monsters.

Marids are reported to receive 100% (i.e. normal, not additional) damage from Wind element.
Yet if I use "Tachi: Jinpu" on them I can easily get >90k damage and oneshot them, which sorta suggests they take additional Wind damage for some reason.

Evil Weapons are listed to receive 125% Fire damage, i.e. 25% more than normal. Yet if I use Tachi: Kagero on them I can rarely break 40k damage, even if I hold TP to very high values.

There could be other sources to these issues but I don't really know which.
Some job trait? MDT? MDB? I have no clue, just wanted to report these two things because I had the chance to run into this "issue" every time, so it's not just a matter of buffs/debuffs or something else on my side.
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2023-02-17 16:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So what we can do is go to Bartlett's website and find evil weapons.

https://w.atwiki.jp/bartlett3/pages/313.html

Slashing/Piercing/Blunt/Ranged
Magic/Breath/Geomancy/Magic Def. Bonus.

Fire/Wind/Lightning/Light
Ice/Earth/Water/Dark

So they have magic damage -12.5%. Not ideal, but not insurmountable. They have the standard 100 magic defense bonus. Assuming Bartlett is correct this likely means they are WAR and not RDM.

We have to adjust for Sheol C. Arcana take -50% Piercing in Sheol C. So not a problem for Great Katana. The resistance ranks get increased by 4 for Sheol C. If we look here:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Resist#Resistance_Rank
and adjust them by 4.

Fire 150% becomes 85%
Wind 130% becomes 70%
Lightning 130% becomes 70%
Light 150% becomes 85%
Ice 100% becomes 50%
Earth 130% becomes 70%
Water 130% becomes 70%
Darkness 100% becomes 50%

These are resistance ranks not elemental damage taken. They are used to determine Skillchain damage and magic resists but crucially not elemental damage taken. The key cut off point generally is 60%. If the value is 50% or below you are guaranteed a 1/2 resist or more which magic accuracy can't overcome. (You have to change the SDT tiers (rayke etc.))

So we can infer that Ice and Darkness will get resisted. So Blade: To's magic portion and Leaden Salute will get at least a 1/2 resist.

All the Great Katana hybrid elementals are above 60% though so all should be viable. You should likely use Jinpu though because it's 2-hit and self skillchains even though fire and light are higher values.

But speaking from experience they don't do as well as we would expect. So what is going on? The answer I suspect is Shell. If you don't get to them before they buff themselves. They likely have Shell IV combined with their natural 12.5% magic damage reduction. Spamming dispelga should bring the hybrid WS back up to reasonable damage.

I should also point out that we are deducing their stats rather then measuring them and you can't take them as absolute fact. We're still guessing. Maybe there is a RDM variant of weapons that would have Magic Defense Bonus too.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-19 10:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That sort of makes sense, even though ultimately I still end up dealing more damage on those Evil Weapons with my Tachi: Fudo, despite me using R15 Doji rather than Masa.

And I guess it quite doesn't explain why the Marids receive so much damage from my Tachi Jinpu. No other target in Sheol C that I can think of that takes 100% Slashing and 100% wind, receives so much damage from my Jinpu.

On Marids it's always above 80k, I reach 99k quite often actually.
It's like they take more wind (magic in general?) damage for some reason.
Is that a characteristic native of the Marid family?
By HDXylophone 2023-02-19 13:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

According to that site, they take 115% Wind damage, so that probably factors in somehow. Although, I'd be surprised if it didn't get lowered to some extent due to resistance ranks, like in the above example.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-19 17:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If we go back to the roots, the purpose of this addon showing the ele resistance table (correct me if I'm wrong?) is to give a hint as to which hybrid to use on the current target, or no hybrid at all.
Right?

So if something appears to be weak to element "X" because of low resistance to that element, but then it takes reduced magic damage because of other reasons (MDB? Meva? MDT-?) then I guess this should be reflected somehow in the table, otherwise what could seem a useful hint, ends up being a wrong one.

Of course I'm just brainstorming here, I don't have a proper "solution", just wanted to get back on track on what I *think* the main goal of showing the ele resistance was in the beginning.
Maybe I should send a PM to Deridjan hmmm

To add on the other families that give conflicting data according to Sheol Helper:

1) Leech => Reported as 150% light damage, but in my experience it seems there's something else at play there, because Koki is okaysh but it's nowhere close to what 150% suggests. I get way more noticeable hybrid damage from other monsters which only have 113%, for instance

2) Treant => Same as above, but for Fire. Kagero damage is actually pretty meh, whenever I meet Trees I just end up using Fudo.

3) There was another family on which I ended up just using physical but now I can't remember which uhm... was it Coeurls?
By drakefs 2023-02-19 21:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I updated the CJ resistances to Sheol B (Sheol C is commented out) in case anyone wants to use the addon for CJ in Sheol B: https://github.com/DrakeFS/sheolhelper/blob/main/resistances.lua

Does anyone know how to check for which Sheol instance you are in (A, B or C)? If so and simple if\then statement should allow for zone specific resistances.

something like:
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-20 01:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah noticed some time ago that the addon uses a single table for all three Sheols, but resistances are different.
For instance in Sheol A I think most of the monsters are easily subject to Cruel Joke, even dark based ones.
Whereas in Sheol C (i.e. in the table) only a select few groups can be doomed by Cruel Joke.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [276 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-11-23 05:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Since the november patch the addon doesn't track Segments anymore (the other parts of the addon seems to still be working fine)
VIP
By Lili 2023-11-23 08:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Message IDs changed, so the addon needs updated. It's not too hard to do, it's the same way pointwatch needed to be updated every month for the abyssea messages. You could do it on your own during a segment run, and then share it with the community.
 Bahamut.Navius
Server: Bahamut
user: phot0nic
By Bahamut.Navius 2023-11-23 09:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The Message ID on line 212 needs to be incremented by 1 (changed to 40006), then it works.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [55 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Valisk
Server: Odin
user: Valisk
By Odin.Valisk 2024-01-17 09:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have an updated SheolHelper? I feel like I’ve reloaded through every message ID from 40006 to 40050 and still not working.
By drakefs 2024-01-17 15:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
You could do it on your own during a segment run, and then share it with the community.

What do you use to capture the message ID?
 Bahamut.Navius
Server: Bahamut
user: phot0nic
By Bahamut.Navius 2024-01-17 16:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did a segment run yesterday, and it worked fine for me with message ID 40006. When you say it's not working, what do you mean exactly? Does it get stuck on 0 segments?

As for capturing message ID, I just tried the most predictable number (incrementing by one, although sometimes it shifts more than that) and reloaded the addon.
[+]
By Moonlightagb 2024-01-18 01:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I've changed that line to 40006 since I've started using this and sometimes it counts kills and adds segments to the counter, and other times it'll stay 0 for half the run.

I use BLU cruel joke aoe though (in B) so I've just assumed packets are lost because of lag, but if that's not the case it'd be nice to see an accurate reading instead of ignoring the reading
 Odin.Valisk
Server: Odin
user: Valisk
By Odin.Valisk 2024-01-18 05:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Moonlightagb said: »
I've changed that line to 40006 since I've started using this and sometimes it counts kills and adds segments to the counter, and other times it'll stay 0 for half the run.

I guess this is what I was experiencing because I changed it back to 40006 per Navius and it worked last night. I think after the first time it didn’t work and the segment counter stayed at 0, I assumed the Message ID had changed and that’s when I started changing the increments by 1 and reloading to no avail.

Thank you everyone.