World Transfer Suggestions

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » World Transfer suggestions
World Transfer suggestions
By crispwaffle 2021-09-18 08:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So currently I live on Planet Asura but I am longing for a new planet can anyone suggest a different one?

In all seriousness though....I feel like I don't like being on Asura anymore and it's honestly just me...
Obviously would like a decent amount of English writing folk so I am not too alone if Needed lol.
By Pantafernando 2021-09-18 08:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If youre not a multiboxer, i would suggest 1) looking for established linkshells that you can join 2) if you dont have a home to land in a server, just go to the second highest population (im not sure who is it nowaday, maybe Odin?)
[+]
By crispwaffle 2021-09-18 08:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

What I have gathered so far is that apparently the server I am on is the most populated EN speaking one; but I feel like I dont find full linkshells and I find mostly people standing around everywhere...LOL
By Pantafernando 2021-09-18 08:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Check the reddit discord.

The defunct reddit LS were the hub of returning/new players but AFAIK, they closed.

Probably they reopened because the reddit discord itself daily receives lots of new users.
By RadialArcana 2021-09-18 08:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Try Bahamut, if you don't like it you can just come back to Asura.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-09-18 08:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut has a good population and less merc culture, but at some point I think the reality is that the game is largely not one where you can find large groups of friendly people any more. Since very little content requires alliance, people don't recruit massive amounts any more. Most shells only focus on what they need, and maybe a few alternates.
[+]
By crispwaffle 2021-09-18 08:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I should just Russian roulette it out.
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-09-18 10:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut or Odin.

Of course, once enough people flee Asura to them, the parasites will follow them more and more.

On second thought, try Sylph!
[+]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2021-09-18 14:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismark is good
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-18 14:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

ffxi servers are like different cities in the same nation- they all have their own personalities, keep different hours, and of course pros and cons.

Big Server life? Of course most would think Asura, but I view that particular server as pretty much just a marketplace.

Are you a NA night owl? Bahamut might not work out for ya- my experience was the NA population on that server goes to bed a lot earlier than I was used to.

Don't want waits for BCNMs/Ambuscade, or fight over pop locations? maybe a smaller server is what you actually want. Just be ready to deal with an auction house that looks like a drug cartel's downtown Miami Bodega- bare shelves and you question how in the hell that business hasn't collapsed yet. Not to mention an even more closed-rank mentality in many LSs.

I know its hard to "know" what kind of gaming experience you want until given the chance to experience different feels, but if you have at least a concept of the kind of things you're after, you may be able to target a few servers, then reach out to ppl on those servers to just get an idea of the mood/vibe/etc.

Best of luck- I'm convinced these days that the multi-server concept where all are not simply mirror images of the others is a good thing. It allows different personalities to all find a home in FFXI.
[+]
By crispwaffle 2021-09-19 11:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I am considering doing either Bahamut, Bismarck or returning to Leviathan.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-09-19 11:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

crispwaffle said: »
I am considering doing either Bahamut, Bismarck or returning to Leviathan.
3 solid choices! I was gonna say you can't lose with those 3.
By Draylo 2021-09-19 11:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura server
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-09-19 11:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus may be one of the smallest servers, but my group will get you in to doing stuff every week, if you can make the times. We have a decent amount of players now, it's not a big group, but I wouldn't say it's small either. We've had a few jump over from Asura to join us and they enjoy it, although it takes time to adapt.
 Bahamut.Mhysa
Server: Bahamut
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2021-09-19 12:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut is a very nice server, there's a linkshell that's very famous (WelcomeHome) that's full of people willing to help all the time. I think that's one of the biggest pro's Bahamut has. :) I hope you find a server of your liking!
[+]