September 2021 Version Update
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-09-10 12:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok let me put it a different way

triple how many segments you get, put a 3 day cooldown on a moglophone and let the moogle store up the 3 at once (with one on your person), content fixed

That will even do what SE wants already which is to slow people down from getting max augments because they won't be able to run as often

I would say make it 18 person content for the main sheol and leave 6 person for boss zone as well. Then the whole linkshell can come for the main thing and even lesser geared/important people get segments and fun a few days a week
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-10 12:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeble said: »
make a statless all jobs ambu cape

I have made so many capes at this point, it wouldn't matter. I would prefer a bag exclusively for JSE items, that only loaded when you were on that job. So I can fit 400 items in there, but only the few load when I play that job.

And Storage slips are silly. That whole system should be scrapped and just allow us to store items without the use of a slip entirely. It would give me back 27 inventory slots.

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
triple how many segments you get, put a 3 day cooldown on a moglophone and let the moogle store up the 3 at once (with one on your person), content fixed

That will even do what SE wants already which is to slow people down from getting max augments because they won't be able to run as often

I would say make it 18 person content for the main sheol and leave 6 person for boss zone as well. Then the whole linkshell can come for the main thing and even lesser geared/important people get segments and fun a few days a week

So the content is broken because it has to be done daily? Lol.Maybe they will do all of what you mentioned eventually to help returning players catch up. But their model has recently always incentivized dailies.
[+]
By alamihgo 2021-09-10 12:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if character data could be rejiggered into item storage by streamlining automaton attachments, spells and other odds 'n' ends. Consider also extracting the JA-enhancing property of AF gear into a permanent key item such that you could store/dispose the item (forfeiting its statistical value) while retaining the job-specific boost.

"More wardrobes" can't be the answer forever.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-09-10 12:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
So the content is broken because it has to be done daily?
Yes, I believe that to be true

That cuts out a substantial number of people from participating, and lack of inclusion in an mmo is not fun for anyone
[+]
By joemamma 2021-09-10 12:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok let me put it a different way

Agreed. And I do Odyssey on a daily basis. But ***was old six months ago. It is intentionally slow so they can justify not adding any content for 18 months or so.
By SimonSes 2021-09-10 12:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see you dont make Segments. It gets laggy even with 6 people. With 18 it would be unplayable and they cant do anything about that lag, because its just game limitation. *** no for another lag fest event.
By SimonSes 2021-09-10 12:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

make a statless all jobs ambu cape

I have made so many capes at this point, it wouldn't matter. I would prefer a bag exclusively for JSE items, that only loaded when you were on that job. So I can fit 400 items in there, but only the few load when I play that job.

And Storage slips are silly. That whole system should be scrapped and just allow us to store items without the use of a slip entirely. It would give me back 27 inventory slots.

So the content is broken because it has to be done daily? Lol.Maybe they will do all of what you mentioned eventually to help returning players catch up. But their model has recently always incentivized dailies.

They need slip to write data on them. Without slip game wouldnt know what you stored and they have limit probably how many items can be connected to one slip. Also assuming they could make one slip, imagine if someone would lost it? You lose all those items.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-09-10 12:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
700k segments?! yeah maybe if the person used every single phone

I can't even imagine grinding a content type that requires every day play. 2 days a week max plz

People have gotten better at farming sheol c to the point even a pickup should net around 5k+. My statics can push 7500-8500 a run. If you tally that up then even on the low end 5k a day x 30 days a month == 150k segs a month, and 7-8k is 210-240k a month. I skip days here and there and I still net around 200k segs monthly because my runs are efficient, but even if you only did the event half the days at semi efficient runs 100k monthly is easily doable.

So yes, 700k segs since the event started is believable (Gaol came out in February and segments in december). I was in a group that farmed sheol A when it first came out for the lusterless drops and moogle mastery, so I wouldn't be surprised if I've gathered close to a million segs by now, and I'm sure there are quite a few people who've done far more than that.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-10 13:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
They need slip to write data on them. Without slip game wouldnt know what you stored and they have limit probably how many items can be connected to one slip.

They could very easily use this NPC (or a similar one). It already stores hundreds of pieces of armor, including non JSE. What limitation is there where they couldn't just remove the slip system and make this new system where you operate off of Claim Slip key items rather than storage slip inventory items? The infrastructure is already built into the nPC. The only downside of this NPC is it only stores full sets instead of individual pieces. But I would prefer being able to store 15 pieces of full gear and needing to occupy 15 inventory slots on a withdrawal (even if I only needed ~5 pieces) vs carrying 27 storage slips and I only need 5 items to withdraw.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-09-10 13:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 4 complete augmented sets, which is close to a million segments on it's own, and that's in addition to getting clears in the first place. It's been 241 days since Jan 12(when gaol t1-t2 came out), if you go daily and average 5k you'd have farmed 1205k segments. If you manage 8 runs a week by using double moglophones at times, and average 7k, you'd have 1928k.

None of that matters. You can say 'I did it, it wasn't so bad', or 'people have done that', or 'you should have X segments by now', but it doesn't change anything. Organizing 6 people on a daily or semi-daily basis is difficult for players of the average age ffxi players are. I got as much as I did because I can multibox it without waiting on anyone.

There's absolutely no reason that you should gatekeep others, allowing moglophones to stack to 3+1 like omen would do nothing to change the speed at which gear can be acquired for the groups who have no scheduling issues, but would make it much easier for groups that do. This is an event that should be done in a static, and requiring daily meets is very counterproductive to that.
[+]
By Meeble 2021-09-10 13:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be great, but even copypasta'ing more wardrobes requires a non-trivial amount of work.

They already change the ambu rewards and menu options each month. Adding a new cape would be as easy as adding a new bed or colored apron. Easier, even.

Changing stack sizes would be slightly more work, 'cause I'm fairly certain they'd have to change '12' to '99' in more than once location... but still way easier than anything that requires changes to the database they use for character storage.
 Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey
Server: Ragnarok
user: Merritt95
By Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey 2021-09-10 13:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
I have 4 complete augmented sets, which is close to a million segments on it's own, and that's in addition to getting clears in the first place. It's been 241 days since Jan 12(when gaol t1-t2 came out), if you go daily and average 5k you'd have farmed 1205k segments. If you manage 8 runs a week by using double moglophones at times, and average 7k, you'd have 1928k.

None of that matters. You can say 'I did it, it wasn't so bad', or 'people have done that', or 'you should have X segments by now', but it doesn't change anything. Organizing 6 people on a daily or semi-daily basis is difficult for players of the average age ffxi players are. I got as much as I did because I can multibox it without waiting on anyone.

There's absolutely no reason that you should gatekeep others, allowing moglophones to stack to 3+1 like omen would do nothing to change the speed at which gear can be acquired for the groups who have no scheduling issues, but would make it much easier for groups that do. This is an event that should be done in a static, and requiring daily meets is very counterproductive to that.

I'm not really sure why anyone would be opposed to this. I've been having a lot of issues getting people to be consistent on a daily basis. What argument is there against allowing people to save a few phones up so they don't have to worry about missing days?

I run an event shell and between omen and dyna d, we already have 2 hrs blocked off 4 days a week, it'd be nice to not have to extend that to 30 mins a day (plus whatever bosses you wanna do).
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-10 14:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey said: »
I'm not really sure why anyone would be opposed to this. I've been having a lot of issues getting people to be consistent on a daily basis. What argument is there against allowing people to save a few phones up so they don't have to worry about missing days?

I run an event shell and between omen and dyna d, we already have 2 hrs blocked off 4 days a week, it'd be nice to not have to extend that to 30 mins a day (plus whatever bosses you wanna do).

The most important argument, forces you to log in every day and do it. or, get those bad feelies about missing out.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-09-10 14:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats the problem. You're forced to log in every day. Theres no content that forced you to log in every day, except for Dark Matter augments.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-09-10 14:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

This is a quality of life change they should have implemented ages ago, and one that so many people have been asking for. Moglophones should absolutely stack to 3 like Omen canteens do. There's no good reason to only allow one at a time.
[+]
By Meeble 2021-09-10 14:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

What limitation is there where they couldn't just remove the slip system and make this new system where you operate off of Claim Slip key items rather than storage slip inventory items? The infrastructure is already built into the nPC.

It's not built into the NPC. The game has to track which key items each character has just like currencies and inventory, and to make the old item storage system as granular as the Porter moogle you'd need to allocate more storage space to track thousands of new key items for every character.

The porter slips are better because the data is stored as part of the item's data(think Oseem augments you can't see), and the space for that data is already allocated as part of each character's inventory.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-10 14:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The most important argument, forces you to log in every day and do it. or, get those bad feelies about missing out.
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Thats the problem. You're forced to log in every day.

It's amazing that people still think this way in a 20 year old game. You aren't "forced" to do anything.

Unpopular opinion: You miss a canteen, dynamis run, DM augment day, bonanza pearl, moglophone...so what? You were obviously doing something more important at the time. It's okay to miss out on something here and there, because it's a video game and you can progress at your OWN speed. Just play at your own pace and stop always feeling like you're "missing out" by not being glued to your screen every single day. I swear people used to drop everything when they saw that Gain Exp RoE. Man, gimme a break

The only argument I agree with is that with Odyssey, the pace you go at interferes with others in your static if you can't play every single day. Which is why I agree stacking moglophones isn't a bad idea (at this point for some, it wouldn't matter).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-10 14:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The game has to track which key items each character has just like currencies and inventory, and to make the old item storage system as granular as the Porter moogle you'd need to allocate more storage space to track thousands of new key items for every character.

Doesn't have to be granular, doesn't have to track thousands of key items. Just completes sets. One for each job, for each JSE armor. Can't store unless you have all pieces. Can't withdraw unless you take all pieces.

Stop telling me what the hell SE CAN'T do. They remove limitations all the time when they previously said they "can't" or "wouldn't".
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2021-09-10 14:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they adjust ridill drop rate?
By Ruaumoko 2021-09-10 15:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Completing the new Voracious missions gets you an Apkallu Scepter which turns you into this.

Such derpy looking birds...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-09-10 15:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking good, Ruau :P
By SimonSes 2021-09-10 15:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The game has to track which key items each character has just like currencies and inventory, and to make the old item storage system as granular as the Porter moogle you'd need to allocate more storage space to track thousands of new key items for every character.

Doesn't have to be granular, doesn't have to track thousands of key items. Just completes sets. One for each job, for each JSE armor. Can't store unless you have all pieces. Can't withdraw unless you take all pieces.

Stop telling me what the hell SE CAN'T do. They remove limitations all the time when they previously said they "can't" or "wouldn't".

What would be the point tho? I assume you would want that in addition to slips? Because I can't imagine you would actually want this option and no slip option at all. On almost any job I only use few AF, Relic, empy and ambuscade. If I need to flood my inventory with 25+ items every time I need like 10 of them, it would be way worse than slips. Not to mention i still have many +1, +2 and +3 relics, af because even after all that time it's super hard to get enough paragon cards and other items to push everything to +3. I assume I wouldnt be able to store anything if I don't have full set at +1 +2 or +3 with your proposed mechanic.
By Meeble 2021-09-10 16:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not. They already said they're working on adding more storage. I'm telling you that the amount of work required for them to implement the changes you're asking for is substantial, and will likely delay new content or other things they could spend that time doing instead.

Meanwhile, there's plenty of ridiculously trivial changes they could make to free up space in our existing inventories. I just wish they'd start picking that low-hanging fruit.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-10 16:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Because I can't imagine you would actually want this option and no slip option at all.

I wish there was no slip option at all. Having to carry around 27 slips to grab 10 items is 37 inventory slots. Having 3 key items (artifact, relic, empyrean) that dumps full sets into your inventory is 15 inventory slots. Even if I don't need all of the items in the set (just like you don't need a bunch of the slips that are hogging up inventory space until you actually use them to withdraw more gear), it still ends up being less slots used at any particular time.

It would definitely speed up things like Gaol. Having to trade 1 slip to find piece of gear within 3-4 pages with a time limit is silly. How much easier would it be to just click on the NPC while on <job>, and it dumps all the gear from <job>.

I just think whatever method they go with, having to occupy inventory slots to hold a slip to clear up inventory space is counterintuitive.

I'm telling you that the amount of work required for them to implement the changes you're asking for is substantial, and will likely delay new content or other things they could spend that time doing instead.

We love telling ourselves they aren't doing 'this' because it would take away from 'that', but it's just excuses we use. We have no idea what they have planned beyond what they have told us, nor do we know the level of work it could require. Saying asking for better inventory options might delay future projects is no difference with the plans they have for storage in the future (they could be developing content instead of storage options...)
By Seun 2021-09-10 16:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Just completes sets. One for each job, for each JSE armor. Can't store unless you have all pieces. Can't withdraw unless you take all pieces.

DOA.

At least with the current system, I can carry only the pieces I want. I don't want to have to remove entire sets if I'm only using select piece(s). Also, I'm not sure how the gaps would be handled here either. There are many players who have AF, relic, embu ect. gear at varying levels of completion. It would be annoying to have to have all of your gear at the same +1/2/3 to store it.

I think at best, they would augment the system they already have in place. Anything else would take time that I feel would be better spent fixing actual inventory and not storage. They could just incorporate what they currently have into a sort of master storage slip. One slip you use to access and store the rest of your slips. A few extra steps for whatever space all the extra slips would take up is probably the best we'd get.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-10 16:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
They could just incorporate what they currently have into a sort of master storage slip. One slip you use to access and store the rest of your slips. A few extra steps for whatever space all the extra slips would take up is probably the best we'd get.

I would take this alternative in a heartbeat.
By Finbar 2021-09-10 16:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
They could just incorporate what they currently have into a sort of master storage slip. One slip you use to access and store the rest of your slips. A few extra steps for whatever space all the extra slips would take up is probably the best we'd get.

I would take this alternative in a heartbeat.
Judging by what they've already done, this doesn't seem possible. They'd need to retain the data of what's on the slip, and if they could do that while storing the slips on another slip, multiple slips wouldn't be necessary. Judging by the fact there's multiple event and ambu slips, I'm going to guess it's a system restriction.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-09-10 17:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey said: »
Shiva.Thorny said: »

When Odyssey gear is replaced by something better. And no one needs it. Then they will let you store 3 KI.

They made it 1 per day to get people playing every day. More likely to stay subbed etc.
By Shichishito 2021-09-10 17:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

made me unsub tho.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-09-10 17:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't blame people at all for skipping Odyssey. Especially since it mainly rewards people that do it every day.

At least with Dynamis Ambu and Omen you can do it once or twice a week. The "hardcore" people that make all the sets etc will probably un sub anyways cause they are bored.