Pet Solo Skillchains? (for Odyssey Procs)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Pet Solo Skillchains? (for Odyssey procs)
Pet Solo Skillchains? (for Odyssey procs)
By Felgarr 2021-05-10 23:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an up-to-date list of Jug Pet skillchains performed by Ready? I have a very long list from 2019 by user Kodaijin, shown here: https://www.ffxiah.com/node/298

Unfortunately, these SCs incorporate different Pets for each step (or assume 1 BST and 1 Pet, but this part is OK).

For Odyssey NMs, only a single person can come as Beastmaster and therefore, assuming there is a second pet to complete the SC just isn't going to work. Does anyone know of a comprehensive single Pet skillchain list?

Thank you!

P.S. Thanks to Kodaijin for compiling his list.
By Shichishito 2021-05-11 01:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe i'm overlooking something but checking the list the majority of BST pets only have a single lvl 1 SC proprety.

the exceptions are:
Chomp Rush (Darkness, Gravitation)
Pentapeck (Light, Distortion)
Wing Slap (Gravitation, Liquefaction)
Tegmina Buffet (Distortion, Detonation)
Swooping Frenzy (Fusion, Reverberation)

lvl 1 and 2 properties need a second property of the same tier in order to make a skillchain. only Chomp Rush and Pentapeck have a lvl 3 property which can SC with itself but both attacks cost 3 charges.

iirc max charges BST can hold are 3 and min time to refill 1 charge are 10 seconds while the SC window is also 10 seconds long. the wiki doesn't state it specifically but i assume unleash also provides infinite charges or doesn't consume any for its duration so Pentapeck and Chomp Rush should be able to chain but outside of 1hour i don't see a single BST pet skillchain with itself.
By Felgarr 2021-05-11 01:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

With Lizard jug pet, I remember something similar to Tail Blow > Brain Crush gives Liquefaction and then Fireball for Magic Burst. (But you are right, that's not a level 2 SC, which is what I think is needed for Odyssey red procs).

However, I could be wrong.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-11 02:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't heard anything about it needing to be a certain level skillchain to proc red/blue, just that it needs to be a 3 step skillchain (+1 step for every additional aura). I was able to remove Gabbrath aura on samurai just chaining Jinpu, and those are level 1 SC. So you can use Patrick to make a never ending loop to remove that aura if you want
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-05-11 04:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
With Lizard jug pet, I remember something similar to Tail Blow > Brain Crush gives Liquefaction and then Fireball for Magic Burst. (But you are right, that's not a level 2 SC, which is what I think is needed for Odyssey red procs).
right, completely forgot about that one.
i have no clue how odyssey procs work but if lvl 1 multi steps work you could also do head butt (detonation) -> leaf dagger (scission) = scission, works both ways so you can chain as many times as you have points and they both cost only 1. there might be more lvl 1 chain options if element matters.

unfortunately i don't see any practical options for lvl 2 or 3 skillchains limited to a single pet (not including master) without 1hour.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [91 days between previous and next post]
By Gaigin 2021-08-10 09:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This is an older post, but I know for sure there are two options without the master. The right combos of level 1 SC properties make level 2 skillchains.

Sharpwit Hermes (Caroline has a - 20% defence adjustment for some reason don't use her) and Warlike Patrick.

Mandroga (Sharpwit) - Wild Oats (TRANSFIXION) - Leaf Dagger (SCISSION) = DISTORTION. That's two charges total. Follow up with Mistral Axe or Decimation to make Fusion, or Onslaught or Primal Rend for Darkness if you want.

Lizard (Warlike) - Brain Crush (LIQUEFACTION) - Tail Blow (IMPACTION) = FUSION. Also two charges total. For the third charge you can MB Fireball here as mentioned. You can also follow up with Onslaught or Primal Rend here to make Gravitation, or Cloudsplitter to make Light.