users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Hover Shot
Hover Shot
 Asura.Shermansmith
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Shermansmith 2021-05-02 12:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hover Shot sounds like some kind of strifing ability, "the basic gist is that rangers will be gaining the ability to get increased damage when they move after making a ranged attack." what are peoples thoughts on this?
By fillerbunny9 2021-05-02 12:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

unless it is something like triple or quadruple damage, you would be better off standing in place and lobbing ammunition as fast as possible. even then, I doubt it would compensate on loss of WS frequency.
[+]
 Asura.Shermansmith
By Asura.Shermansmith 2021-05-02 12:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Good point, but what if it does? Having Oshosi Set equip no?
By SimonSes 2021-05-02 12:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shermansmith said: »
Hover Shot sounds like some kind of strifing ability, "the basic gist is that rangers will be gaining the ability to get increased damage when they move after making a ranged attack." what are peoples thoughts on this?

It doesnt really need new thread. It was already discussed in RNG thread.

EDIT: Also discussing details or equip sets, before we know what ability actually does is pointless.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-02 12:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Every second spent moving is a second not shooting.

The game is too fast to be *** around moving and not dding. There's going to be math on how worth it, it is. But you can't have a real opinion until it exists.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-05-02 14:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Server: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-05-02 15:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

A short while later ...

Coincidentally, this is about what I'm expecting from Hover Shot.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-05-02 18:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless it allows you to shoot while moving, or is a long duration buff that doesnt require you to move between literally every single shot to stack it, so you gain stacks between camp roams, its most likely going to be DoA.

Most likely implementation i can think of atm is it being a long standing buff/passive trait that gives boosted damage over a duration if you move positions from a previous shot, so you basically have camp A, stand and shoot, base damage, move to camp B, stand and shoot, boosted damage for the start of the camp/all of the camp, camp C boosted damage etc.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2021-05-02 23:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Unless it allows you to shoot while moving, or is a long duration buff that doesnt require you to move between literally every single shot to stack it, so you gain stacks between camp roams, its most likely going to be DoA.

Most likely implementation i can think of atm is it being a long standing buff/passive trait that gives boosted damage over a duration if you move positions from a previous shot, so you basically have camp A, stand and shoot, base damage, move to camp B, stand and shoot, boosted damage for the start of the camp/all of the camp, camp C boosted damage etc.

If its long-standing and builds up I wonder if it will work with Savage Blade. I use kc/SB ranger for segment farming and it does incredibly well as it is. The more buffs the merrier.
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2021-05-02 23:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

it should just change "You move and interrupt your aim" to "You move and enhance your aim" for its duration, lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2021-05-02 23:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree. I hope it lets us move and not interrupt aim. That would be fantastic. I wouldn't be mad if it also incorporated auto ranged of some sort. As long as it autoRA's at your delay+snapshot gear.

Who knows. We'll see soon, I suppose.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [53 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Aquatic
user: hydro
By Bahamut.Aquatic 2021-06-25 08:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]