Einherjar Solo

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Einherjar solo
Einherjar solo
By Hellwitch 2021-04-28 19:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all, I'm working with Tali'ah gear NQ, I just came back to the game, how do you solo einherjar now? do you still need the 3 items feather etc to enter? Do you just grasshopper the first 2 waves? I haven't been able to get anyone to help me with how exactly it works. Thank you.
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-04-28 21:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

With enough progress through the Rhapsody of Vanadiel missions (RoV 1-16 'The Lost Avatar') cleared, you get a Key Item that allows you to buy Smouldering Lamps for $1,000 and the Einherjar reentry lockout timer is reduced to 1 earth hour. RoV 1-16 is easily solo'd at i117+ (the NM in that battle could be solo'd as low as probably 60~65, but you would be risking a time-out), but since you say you have Ambuscade pet armor, you will easily be able to solo it to that point in RoV.

Einherjar still works the same other than that lockout/price reduction. Still need 3 key items to play with Odin for title. If you're gonna grasshopper it (this thread is under the BST section of these forums and you mentioned your gear/pet), just pop a Reraise and go to work. I don't recall anything other than Odin's 1-shot move being anything of consequence to a 119 as it's still LV75 content when ya get down to it. If you're gonna eat Odin's 1 shot move, be sure to battle at the entrance of the battlefield. I don't think it has arena-wide aggro upon reraise, but maybe someone else can clarify that. Don't want you wasting Key Items.
[+]
By Hellwitch 2021-04-28 21:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you
 Siren.Ravager
Server: Siren
user: Reeicheep
By Siren.Ravager 2021-04-28 22:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also spam the wings right before odin for 1920 points (kill all mobs minus the boss[ie boss is optional] for full points), then just drop lamp (DO NOT WARP OUT OR YOU WONT GET POINTS)
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-04-28 23:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Do T3s if you are building a Mythic, as this gives the most Ichor.

Some waves can still be dangerous if you round up too many, especially nukers like Soulflayers. Make a MDT set and pick off a few before rounding them all up. Twilight set for auto Reraise is nice if you have it.

If you get the Cerberus NM, switch to a pet like the slug and bring a dagger so you can do Aeolian Edge or Cyclone. You want to do a lot of magic damage to speed this up, otherwise you will be fighting it all day and get stuck hitting for zero.

Also be weary of the Vamypr. If you don't kill it fast enough it will turn in to a bunch of hounds who ran around like crazy. It can also Charm you, so be careful of that. Save Unleash for the bosses and get them down quickly.

And before I forget, bring a HQ Cricket pet and use Bestial Loyalty. Can use Familiar too. I don't bother with Run Wild.
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2021-04-29 02:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
I don't think it has arena-wide aggro upon reraise, but maybe someone else can clarify that. Don't want you wasting Key Items.

Yeah can reraise without aggro if you are far away from odin enough, no chamber wide aggro.

He will no longer use any of his HP specific move that he already used if he regened, except Zatentsuken at 10% HP, which he will use constantly/immediately if you keep raising up when he has less than 10% HP, at least in Odin II.

Also, i think beast can use the twilight set for auto reraise, full time that in there to give yourself peace of mind for your clear

Only need one feather from each tier to enter odin now
By SimonSes 2021-04-29 03:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Do T3s if you are building a Mythic, as this gives the most Ichor.

I was under the same impression for years, but is it really true?

W3x4: 1920 * 4 = 7680
W1+W2+W3+OII: 960 + 1440 + 1920 + 3600 = 7920
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-04-29 07:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

if you're single boxing and lose one odin out of the 12 or select the wrong chamber once out of 52 runs, you're no longer ahead

when the difference is 52 runs vs 53, sure you can argue that odin2 cycles are technically more but it's not enough so to really matter to anyone ever (probably best benefit is that if you're on asura, you don't have to deal with the t3 congestion as often)

however, if you have mules, and not all need mythics, you can cycle t3 > odin by buying the t1/t2 feathers with your mules amps, which'll drastically boost your speed
By SimonSes 2021-04-29 08:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
probably best benefit is that if you're on asura, you don't have to deal with the t3 congestion as often

This was my main point that I forgot to mention really, not small advantage of points.

You dont need to wait if all t3 are taken, just go t2 or t1 and do Odin II at some point. This is not only Asura problem. Happens on Bahamut too during some time windows.

Also Eihwaz ring drop is a nice bonus.

Shiva.Thorny said: »
however, if you have mules, and not all need mythics, you can cycle t3 > odin by buying the t1/t2 feathers with your mules amps, which'll drastically boost your speed

EDIT: Dont you need Feathers from all waves on all chars that want to go into Odin fight and all feathers all lost on all chars?
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-04-29 08:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
EDIT: Dont you need Feathers from all waves on all chars that want to go into Odin fight and all feathers all lost on all chars?
Yes, the mules would sit out odin if doing that. You need 3000 ampoules to buy T1+T2, which means that you'd need ~1.5 mules sitting out for each character participating(a 6boxer could do 2 chars mythics while using the other 4 to generate odin pops easily).

Also worth noting that doing T2>T3>Odin and buying the T1 on that character is still more ampoules per run than doing all 4 zones.
1440 + 1920 + 3600 - 1000 = 5960 / 3 = 1986.6/run vs 1980 from cycling or 1920 from just T3. It's similarly irrelevant though unless you care for Odin drops.

However, when doing T2>T3>Odin, if even one mule doesn't need mythic, they can use their amps to pay for T1 pops for characters who do and still be able to afford their own entry. This gives you a way to effectively 'give' amps from one character to another along the way with no waste.