So, What Do You Need In A Screenshot To Give Good Rating? >.>

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » So, what do you need in a screenshot to give good rating? >.>
So, what do you need in a screenshot to give good rating? >.>
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-10-27 19:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Silvaria said:
Well, my take on it is this: If you were posting RL pictures somewhere, and you posted a picture of yourself sitting in the mall parking lot in your brand new Honda Accord, you're just not going to get great ratings. But if you post a pic of yourself sitting in a Corvette in front of the Great Pyramid, chances are you're going to get decent to high ratings. Screenies are no different. ^,^

So synthing cursed hauberk -1 in your moghouse = 5?

Synthing cursed hauberk -1 in front of the waterfall in Misareaux Coast = 10?

Now I get how this work!
 Cerberus.Geldric
Server: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-10-27 19:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You obviously must not know. Just like in rl if your able to take a picture of some trees, flowers, or a waterfall your labeled deep, inspiring, and a great photographer.
 Pandemonium.Silvaria
By Pandemonium.Silvaria 2009-10-27 19:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Now I get how this work!

Heh...well, I like lots of pretty colors and shiny things, so for me, the more colorful the better. ^,^;
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-10-27 19:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Photoshopping clouds.

Or be this person.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-27 19:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Now I get how this work!

Heh...well, I like lots of pretty colors and shiny things, so for me, the more colorful the better. ^,^;

This picture is bland, it has OMG ITS SHINING LUL

Something like that?
 Pandemonium.Silvaria
By Pandemonium.Silvaria 2009-10-27 19:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm...I guess what it really comes down to is individual taste.

Personally, I'm tired of screenies of Mithra ***. I'm not turned on by breasts, being female, and I think it's old and completely unoriginal. So I'm always going to rate those kinds of screenies VERY low.

But personally, I love scenery, and I love Elvaan guys, LOL...so give me an Elvaan man in cool armor in front of some awesome background, and it's going to get a high rating.

I guess everyone is going to rate differently, according to whatever floats their boat. ^,^
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2009-10-27 19:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Have to remember the general toolbags that come on this site and click 1 on every pic they see just because they're dickless and don't matter to their parents.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-27 19:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess everyone is going to rate differently, according to whatever floats their boat. ^,^

Buoyancy floats my boat.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-10-27 20:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury said:
Have to remember the general toolbags that come on this site and click 1 on every pic they see just because they're dickless and don't matter to their parents.

"Damn my dad did not say anything about my A+ in History class... eat that solo Byakko screenshot!"

I do totally picture it!
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2009-10-27 20:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Liquidz said:
Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury said:

"Damn my dad did not say anything about my A in History class... eat that solo Byakko screenshot!"

I do totally picture it!

Lmao, probably same people who clicked NOT over and over again on hotornot years back, giggling and snorting like a dying pig with their buck teeth hanging over thier lower lip nudging their glasses back up their greasy noses.

Unicorn.Excesspain said:

Agua is awesome. So are the others that transform XI with RL backgrounds.

Edit: Sorry I take that back, there are some people who attempt to do it, but completely fail.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-27 20:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

"Damn my dad did not say anything about my A in History class... eat that solo Byakko screenshot!"

I do totally picture it!

LOL Epic.

What I don't understand is Agua's awesome work is rated down and a picture of a topless Elvaan who's *** are completely unproportional and would make her top heavy, gets rated up.

Yay! We'll never see a woman with boobs this big! Let's rate it up :D!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-27 20:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:

I do totally picture it!

LOL Epic.

What I don't understand is Agua's awesome work is rated down and a picture of a topless Elvaan who's *** are completely unproportional and would make her top heavy, gets rated up.

Yay! We'll never see a woman with boobs this big! Let's rate it up :D!

because 75% of the forum population hasn't seen a pair of exposed knockers since their last issue of National Geographic:African Edition. Buncha virgin ***!
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-10-27 20:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lazuras said:
Posting of ones achievements do not make great screen shots. Unless the shot is either funny, artistic or in some way striking, its pointless drivel. If a person wants to brag on their achievements, that's what a blog is for.

Pretty much this.

I dont like to brag about my achievments as it makes people resent you for having a big head. Therefore i dont show off my gear, even tho i have attainted quite a few nice items.

I dont rate pictures tho, i look at them and move on.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-27 20:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Agua is terrible.
 Remora.Kindle
Server: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-10-27 20:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You need something special! Something that doesn't happen everyday.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-10-27 21:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Agua is terrible.

Are you ever satisfied with anyone's work? >_>;

Anyways, in my opinion, I rate screenshots well when they're funny, a new location, really well shopped, or trippy. I don't rate down though unless they are really, really stupid or are annoying chat logs (not even normal ones, like ones of stupid torlling.)
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-10-27 21:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing I think people tend to forget is that the pics are not for the benefit of everyone else. They are for the benefit of the poster. Take the three pics on my profile, for example. One is me about to get eaten by a dragon. Amusing? Maybe not to you. Another is my husband and I (rl husband, not an in-game only relationship.) I don't care if someone else dislikes it, it is special to me so there it stays. And the third, us standing with a friend who no longer plays. Again, special to you? Hardly. Special to me? Yes. Now, I obviously have many more pics on my myspace and whatnot, simply because it would be dumb and inappropriate to post all of them here. But I do seriously wish I had the option to put pics on my profile only, because they are there for me, not for you. People should be able to post pictures that they like for whatever reason without the fear of being thought of as an attention *** or the pic thought of as useless.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2009-10-27 21:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an option to disable ratings? I've seen some pics w/o the rating system.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-27 21:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

On screenshots, you can. But not on individual post ratings.