Lakshmi.Deathsoul
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: deathsoul
By Lakshmi.Deathsoul 2021-04-02 14:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Lakshmi.Deathsoul said: »
For Ongo, is any one able to share their helix set? I tried Ongo last night and best helix I got off was 5k and that was with cor rolls and Idris geo with bolster. So I'm thinking my helix set is horribly wrong.

This is my set, was doing 18k~ unresisted Geohelix II without Rayke.
For the Macc, I used Tupsimati/Ambu grip, however if using Indi Focus, maybe Bunzi Rod/Culminus will win 100%.
Code
	sets.MBHelix = {
		ammo="Ghastly Tathlum +1",
		head={ name="Merlinic Hood", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+23','Magic burst dmg.+9%','INT+3','Mag. Acc.+14',}},
		body={ name="Merlinic Jubbah", augments={'Mag. Acc.+21 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+21','Magic burst dmg.+9%','Mag. Acc.+11','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+8',}},
		hands={ name="Amalric Gages +1", augments={'INT+12','Mag. Acc.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+20',}},
		legs={ name="Merlinic Shalwar", augments={'Mag. Acc.+23 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+23','Magic burst dmg.+10%','Mag. Acc.+11','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+8',}},
		feet={ name="Amalric Nails +1", augments={'Mag. Acc.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+20','"Conserve MP"+7',}},
		neck={ name="Argute Stole +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
		waist="Skrymir Cord",
		left_ear="Malignance Earring",
		right_ear="Regal Earring",
		left_ring="Locus Ring",
		right_ring="Mujin Band",
		back={ name="Bookworm's Cape", augments={'INT+1','Helix eff. dur. +13','"Regen" potency+9',}},}

Awesome thank you so much!
By Guyford 2021-04-02 15:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Look for visual queues. Not sure what/if anything has changed, but each SP animation displays a colour, that colour shows what he absorbs. The element he absorbs is random and it's possible he absorbs the same element 3 times in a row...
3 of the colors didn't correspond to the right element before (light water thunder I think). I would assume they just fixed this.
By Fcube 2021-04-12 11:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Anyone can translate? I think this strategy needs to kill it within 4 mins.
By SimonSes 2021-04-12 11:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's the same strategy they did in last video (look in Odyssey thread). Here they just pointed out step by step. I will look at it later.
By Foxfire 2021-04-12 12:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

google translate is hard isn't it

party comp:

WAR: warcry
DRG: angon
COR: SAM, Fighter rolls
BRD: Honor, Min/Min/Min/Light Carol II
WHM: Baraera, Barsilencera, Auspice, Boost-STR
GEO: Indi-fend, Entrust Haste, Geo-Fury

omitting some of the caption text they incl., but highlights:
bumba is magic dmg for normal atks/abils (aka no physical damage incoming to party)
as a result, indi-fend is used.
since the atks are light based, light carol II is used.
by the way, the usual attack wasn't light, so carol2 wasn't working as expected. i couldn't figure it out at this time.

second box: how they prepared
WAR: watch youtube
DRG: call wyvern, spirit link
COR: crooked sam > fighter
BRD: soul+clarion+nitro > song rotation
WHM: proshell> reraise> barspells>boost-str>auspice
GEO: indi-fend > (right before fight) entrust haste

next is something about denounce and taking 4min
says that by relying on savage blade, they can ignore weakness attribute mechanics

when done, start the fight with impact
says that by opening move being impact, it avoids issue of it being absorbed because it hasn't set on a color yet (?)
and if it is absorbed, even w/ angon/dia it's hard to recover but they would rather take a chance w/ impact.
Use Asylum while impact is being cast to avoid ***going downhill when cast finishes
2:20~2:35 is about positioning the boss
after positioning, you should be hitting from the side - avoid front/back at all costs
once started - warcry and angon
cor will random deal after to recover abilities
warcry>randomdeal>warcry>wildcard>warcry>randomdeal etc during fight
whm will dia2>silence>slow>paralyze when able
geo BoG luopan then bolster luopan when bumba uses 2hr
if 2hr it yaegasumi or invincible, hold your bolster/2hrs
war/drg/cor/brd are all using savage in this run
even if you hit invincible or yaegasumi, you can still kill in ~3min and a half
it felt like it could be done w/o the bard's dmg(?)
and they couldn't give it a shot quite yet, but they feel BST could be used, too.
BST can use naegling for savage, fencer is whatever. corrosive ooze can def down.
maybe it'll make bumba more interesting.

that's all minus a few things in between that were redundant/observations
[+]
 Asura.Bigtymer
Server: Asura
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2021-04-13 10:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

We've done quite a bit of Bumba farming at this point (3 pieces at R16), and this type of zerg-before-the-aura strat seems to be the only one that works consistently. AFAIK, no one yet fully understands the Denouncement mechanic - sometimes it hits you for 90% of your max HP, and sometimes it's 150%. The 150% Denouncements appear to be random (at least not understood what causes them), so the only way to guarantee clear this fight is to kill it before the aura phase.

Abusing Naegling and Ancient Circle accomplishes that in a braindead and easy manner. Carol is unnecessary. We found that bolstering STR and MND (since you're already well past PDIF cap with SV HM/minuets, chaos, circle attack boost, Angon, Dia IV) is the way to go - Savage Blade numbers get pretty silly with this buff combo. For example, our Bard puts out consistent 50K+ Savage Blades.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-13 11:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Foxfire said: »
BST can use naegling for savage, fencer is whatever. corrosive ooze can def down.

I didn't even see this video or comment until this morning but I said the exact same thing last night in party chat. Corrosive ooze being a near guaranteed land rate (and much quicker to apply than armor break) and can be spammed means you can swap out the Geo for it. Someone in my group brought up a good point though, that if Bumba starts absorbing water, using ooze is probably a bad idea. So geomancer is probably safer, especially since he removes debuffs quite often and BST could run the risk of reapplying it at the wrong time (or not being able to)
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-04-13 12:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So I noticed some patterns in some Bumba fights and thought I could share for any healers looking to do the fight and might seem like the AoE is too much without a tank.

Based on Bigtymer and I's 10 fights yesterday, I noticed a pattern between TP usage and it seemed rather consistent and allowed me to pre-emptively cure and even let DDs drop so far enough to know they won't die (do this for debuffs etc).

100% > 25% Bumba was consistently using TP moves at a 9s interval, however sometimes there were times it used TP moves as delayed as 11-13s which I'm unsure as to why. If he is casting and gets intimidated the next TP move is delayed by more than 5-10s.

Below 25% Bumba was consistently using TP moves at a 7-8s interval.

Here is a small example of how you can pre-empt a cure and it makes Bumba zergs so much easier and less panicky:

Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-13 12:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

There's something really sad about "entire party uses savage blade"
[+]
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2021-04-13 12:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Really should of limited the jobs on that weapon at least.

Thought the JPs said that goal NM behavior works as if they were under 25% from the start, so pretty much using TP as they get it except casting behavior probably causes inconsistent timings by a few seconds.

With 3-4 people hitting it its going to pretty much have 1k TP by the time it finishes using a move only delayed by whatever other action ques it has to go through first before being allowed to spend its TP.

Imagine that would cause a pretty predictable TP move window.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-13 12:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
There's something really sad about "entire party uses savage blade"

They created this problem. It's entirely too strong, exacerbated by TP bonus magian weapons (guns). Can't sub for DW? Ok, just abuse Savagery/Merits, Random Deal/WC, and Naegling to top it off. An extra 1k TP bonus with Moonshades.

Why they even allowed so many jobs to use Naegling is beyond

b
r
o
k
e
n
 Asura.Bigtymer
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2021-04-13 12:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

SE should have added WS decay to Bumba from the jump. That should have been an obvious encounter design decision. Spamming the same non-chaining WS's over and over completely obfuscates one of the key mechanics of that fight.
[+]