Quick Question About Prime Fights

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Quick question about prime fights
Quick question about prime fights
By Belius 2009-10-27 15:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

IS there anything in the prime fight rewards which may actually work really nicely for SCH?

Just briefly looking at it, the elemental skill+ and such look like great additions to the efficiency of SCH nuking!

Since they are all weather based equips, wouldn't the SCH weather abilities be able to activate it? Or am I terribly wrong in assuming this?
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-27 15:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, you can activate it via SCH weather abilities. I'm sure there's some nice things, I haven't really looked though.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-27 15:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Since when are prime items weather based? Other than a couple of Diabolos items that is.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-27 16:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, they're elemental day.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
Server: Bahamut
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-10-27 16:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The aren't Weather-based persay, but the additional effects proc much more with the appropriate day and/or weather. Example: I did Maat fight 16 times as MNK, the paralyze from Shiva's Claws proc almost every other hit on iceday while it hardly ever proc outside of iceday.
By Belius 2009-10-27 16:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much every single one drops a ring that is weather based. Diabolos rewards a few and is equipable by SCH..

Ele magic skill +
Dark skill +
Drain/Aspir enhancing..

Thankies Nini, looks like SCH can now add on some MAB or INT+ to blow things up even better!
By Belius 2009-10-27 16:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Er.. Weather? I meant day! Was thinking about the effect of the weather-spells and it haywired my brain. >.<;
Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
The aren't Weather-based persay, but the additional effects proc much more with the appropriate day and/or weather. Example: I did Maat fight 16 times as MNK, the paralyze from Shiva's Claws proc almost every other hit on iceday while it hardly ever proc outside of iceday.

So it is not based on weather, but moreso on day?
Ah, bummer.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-27 16:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a lot of extra space I'd carry them, but they're super situational. If you have sea access I really recommend getting the elemental obis which are activated by both day and weather.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-27 16:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

*Shakes his head and sighs.* I would recommend getting a Diabolos's Pole though for Drain/Aspir and a Diabolos's Earring for Mag. Acc. +2 (if ya really need it) while in Dark Weather / while Voidstorm is active.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-27 16:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes those rings and belts are done by day. Diabolos pole looks nice but doesn't really offer much more to drain and aspir over pluto staff while at a severe reduction in macc. I find overall even namis I generallly did as much with either.