Hold your horses undercutters
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-27 21:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
On the plus side, it's almost Christmas and people are always buying gil every year around this time (more than normal) with their excess money from gifts, returns, giftcards, and such. That will cause prices on items to increase a bit, if only temporarily. Buy low now. Sell high later. Or don't. I don't pay your sub.

Christmas is canceled though, it is 2020 after all
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-11-28 05:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »
there will be a thread every month complaining about crafting exploits until this game dies.

anyone remember that guy in 2007-8 who photoshopped his dusk glove+1 synths on BG that was always called an exploiter?

Are you telling me we pitchforked for nothing?
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2020-11-28 13:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
I haven't seen any evidence of a crafting hack, but frankly no one with a shield needs it... You'll make more gil than you need either way for anything you need to buy in-game for any of your characters.

That might be the case on asura, but on other less-populated servers the price of materials has not come down and the market for HQ gear is stagnant. If the cost for materials doesn't drop, then it's impossible to maintain a profit by dropping prices of HQ gear (unless you're running an exploit)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-11-28 14:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not on Asura, but on Lakshmi medal prices and vagary mat prices went waaaaay down and even at 100m su5 and 60m necks there's still profit to be made.

I only say exploits aren't needed because I'm easily up 1.5bil since I finished my shield in early May. I don't think enough people talk about how great the shields are.

As for stagnant AH, most of my sales have come straight from friends wanting signed items. I think I've only sold like 3 su5 and 4 +2 necks on the AH compared to a lot more directly to ls mates.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-11-28 18:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
I'm not on Asura, but on Lakshmi medal prices and vagary mat prices went waaaaay down and even at 100m su5 and 60m necks there's still profit to be made.

I only say exploits aren't needed because I'm easily up 1.5bil since I finished my shield in early May. I don't think enough people talk about how great the shields are.

As for stagnant AH, most of my sales have come straight from friends wanting signed items. I think I've only sold like 3 su5 and 4 +2 necks on the AH compared to a lot more directly to ls mates.
nah don't come at this with logic, let the shield owners cry.

ffxi crafting was always a gamble and shields were a free way to print gil for several years, watching the shield owners who botted palborough mines for months to build their shields complain about not being able to print gil doing nothing is comedy.
[+]