[+]
 Siren.Eagleeyes
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-10-29 08:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranged Attack +7 (3rd)
Ranged Accuracy +7 or + 8 if you count the AGI bonus(1st)
Barrage +1 (2nd)
Movement Speed +8%(4th)

I'm split between the attack boost and barrage upgrade. I few more points of damage or a extra shot in barrage. Leaning more towards that extra shot. The Movement Speed boost, meh. To each his own as they say.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-29 08:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish i could get my money back on the preorder.
[+]
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-10-29 08:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Never thought of brd pulling pants lol :o but then i dont have any other fastcast/song- gear so it wouldnt make all that much difference to me.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-10-29 08:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Siren.Eagleeyes said:
barrage 1... interesting

Why does EES have to fail so much?

I am not fail! >:(
[+]
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-10-29 08:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
I wish i could get my money back on the preorder.

It so it begins
 Valefor.Ryukuro
Server: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2009-10-29 08:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well for me there is nothing really viable for my WAR or SAM that would make up for wanting to use over Haidate or my ws pants...

Looks like my RDM and BLM are getting gimp w legs to kite ***on with some extra MP thrown in =)

Movement Speed +8 MP+25 Enmity-4 for me ^.^
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-29 08:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Siren.Eagleeyes said:
barrage 1... interesting
Barrage 1 hands barrage 1 legs = dead ranger :3 It makes rng 2hr into a 5 min ability. Why does EES have to fail so much?

Now do it with culverin!!! Yep you just used like 6k in 1 shot bwahhahahha
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-10-29 08:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tousou said:
Hitetsu said:
Any suggestions? ^^

Keep in mind that I am not a WHM...

Unless you're going to gain something significant from Potency and Enm-, go with the Movement Speed PDT. In the very least, running around the world (Or even in and out of range) will be less annoying.

I was leaning more towards the PDT and Movement speed myself. As BLM and WHM, I use idle sets on both, and the Movement speed would be sexy either way because those are pretty much the 2 jobs I get made to go everywhere as.

Though there's something about Cure Potency that makes me want to snatch it up ><

My Cure5 does around the 800 ish mark from what I saw, not that people ever get that low, I normally fire off C5's for 600~700 and people are full again (then again.. I normally try to stick to C3 and Regen >_>)

My C3 does something around 220 I think, been a while since I've paid attention to it though XD

EDIT:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Well for me there is nothing really viable for my WAR or SAM that would make up for wanting to use over Haidate or my ws pants...

Looks like my RDM and BLM are getting gimp w legs to kite ***on with some extra MP thrown in =)

Movement Speed 8 MP 25 Enmity-4 for me ^.^

Personally, for kiting pants, I'd use PDT- over Enmity- MP+, though I look at kiting things more as a solo thing, or small group thing where enmity isn't as big a deal. Unless you planned to use these for main healing, I wouldn't expect the enmity- to have an enormous effect.
 Bahamut.Revision
Server: Bahamut
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-10-29 08:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Siren.Eagleeyes said:
barrage 1... interesting
Barrage 1 hands barrage 1 legs = dead ranger :3 It makes rng 2hr into a 5 min ability. Why does EES have to fail so much?

Meh, not really. Barrage can whiff much more often. If you don't have scout's braccae, these would be nice, otherwise not worth the 10bucks and pain in the *** missions to get it(for rng).
[+]
 Valefor.Ryukuro
Server: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2009-10-29 08:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ryukuro said:

Movement Speed 8 MP 25 Enmity-4 for me ^.^

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Personally, for kiting pants, I'd use PDT- over Enmity- MP , though I look at kiting things more as a solo thing, or small group thing where enmity isn't as big a deal. Unless you planned to use these for main healing, I wouldn't expect the enmity- to have an enormous effect.

Yeah i mainly kite things solo/duo so the enmity- wont really be a factor, as rdm you tend to not get hit THAT much if you know what you doing so the PDT- would be a waste almost.

Will be nice for idling in instead of seraweels for a change, I'm also elf so the mp always matters too ^^ Not having w legs either these pants will make it it easier to get around just that lil bit faster too =). 12% is better than 8% but 8 is better than nothing, im happy with the augments.

Also if you get agro and dont want to have to try sleep the mob you can just outrun it instead of having to bother ^^ will make surviving on BLM and RDM that little bit easier.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-10-29 09:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmmm I can see me buying this add-on for the pants.

Zanno said:
BRD pulling pants, song recast delay -3 + movement speed +8% =P

Brd pulling pants would be good for me.

And RNG stuff looks decent but gonna compare gear later for that.

And the conserve TP is interesting. Seems similar to conserve MP, which instead of using all 100%+ of the TP for WS, when you WS it will reduce the amount(conserve) of TP used.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-10-29 09:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Revision said:
Barrage can whiff much more often. If you don't have scout's braccae

god forbid if you gotta switch out a str ring for racc ring.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-29 09:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Bahamut.Revision said:

It's not rly that, it's the way barrage works. Once you miss a singular shot, the rest of the following hits miss automatically. Even w/ capped hitrate at 95%, the chance of landing 7 in a row is
.95^7 = 69% chance to land all 7 his in a row so if that 31% occurs on any of 1-6, 7 will not even take place.

Or can look at it like this.
.95^6 = 73.5, which means you have 26.5% chance of missing at least 1 shot in the first 6. Only 3/4 chance of even firing the 7th shot, provided your acc is capped. Acc any under cap and it goes downhill from there.

Edit: Let's drop to 90% hitrate
.9^6 = .53.1% chance to land all 6, 46.9% chance the 7th shot won't even be fired.
 Fairy.Morte
user: lVlorte
By Fairy.Morte 2009-10-29 09:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM
MP+25 Enmity -4
Cure Potency +5

SICK
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-29 09:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

That maths fails. Each shot has a 5% chance of missing, so how is it 31% each shot? If a shot before misses the equation stops so it's not like the probability of missing an individual shot is higher.

Shot 1: 95% Hit
Shot 2: 95% Hit
Shot 3: 95% Hit

etc

It's not like the probability of hitting goes down per barrage shot. Just the probability of hitting every hit. If you miss, the barrage ends, so the probability of hitting is irrelevant once you've got one of those 5%s.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-10-29 09:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
Hmmmm I can see me buying this add-on for the pants.

Zanno said:

BRD pulling pants, song recast delay -3 + movement speed +8% =P

Brd pulling pants would be good for me.

And RNG stuff looks decent but gonna compare gear later for that.

And the conserve TP is interesting. Seems similar to conserve MP, which instead of using all 100%+ of the TP for WS, when you WS it will reduce the amount(conserve) of TP used.

if i decide to get thi mini-expansion it would be for brd pulling pants. I havent even started on the last expansion yet lol
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-29 09:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't say 31% chance to miss each shot. 31% chance is your chance of missing at least 1 shot out of all 7, not the chance to miss each shot.

And since the barrage ends when you miss a shot, I'm showing that about 25% of the time, you won't even get to attempt the 7th shot because of the chance at missing at least 1 time in shots 1-6.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-29 09:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, you did:

Vegetto said:
so if that 31% occurs on any of 1-6, 7 will not even take place.
 Garuda.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-10-29 09:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

After seeing these shitty augments, the one thing that pisses me off is that BLU isnt on the INT MND CHR piece. I'd put the MAB and MACC augments on the pants if they had INT and MND and use them on my BLU magic build.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-29 09:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I didn't. You're comprehending it wrong. You have 31% chance to miss ONE SHOT when firing 7 in a row. If that shot you miss happens to fall in shot 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6, then shot 7 will never be fired. I didn't say that each shot individually has 31% chance to miss.
 Bahamut.Revision
Server: Bahamut
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-10-29 09:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Bahamut.Revision said:

Barrage macro is capped on accuracy. Still, it misses much more than it should.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-29 09:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bad wording, then. Because that is what you said, lol.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-29 09:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Revision said:
Barrage macro is capped on accuracy. Still, it misses much more than it should.

It's so true it almost makes me cry.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-29 09:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bad comprehending, but either way, my point still stands. You have only 75% chance of even taking the 7th shot, and that's at capped acc. If you have anything less the chance goes downhill from there.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-29 09:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
It's not rly that, it's the way barrage works. Once you miss a singular shot, the rest of the following hits miss automatically. Even w/ capped hitrate at 95%, the chance of landing 7 in a row is
.95^7 = 69% chance to land all 7 his in a row so if that 31% occurs on any of 1-6, 7 will not even take place.

Or can look at it like this.
.95^6 = 73.5, which means you have 26.5% chance of missing at least 1 shot in the first 6. Only 3/4 chance of even firing the 7th shot, provided your acc is capped. Acc any under cap and it goes downhill from there.

Please, stop. Don't give RNG advice if you don't even have it leveled...

Barrage can hit 3-7 times (depending on job level and gear). But, when a shot misses, you stop "attacking" period. Meaning, when you use Barrage and 3 shots hit, and the 4th doesn't, you stop at the 4th arrow/bullet/bolt. You don't waste shots period.

So, stop spouting nonsence you probably find from Alla and leave the actual information to be known.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-10-29 09:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
if i decide to get thi mini-expansion it would be for brd pulling pants. I havent even started on the last expansion yet lol

Me either lol. I got the first add-on and only go to the first part of the quest and said F it.

I was hoping more options for MNK but I think the BRD pants or RNG might be better.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15