First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-29 07:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
Yes it would be very gay, but it would be pretty broken if you had Valkiyre Trews with 2 INT for a mini expansion reward.

Yes it would that's why you are only getting Shadow trews with +2int. Still kinda broken but meh. Getting MAB/MACC puts it somewhere between valkiyre and morrigan on dmg (weither morrigan or valkiyre wins dmg is entirely dependent on dint and spell tier) and all 3 same macc.

Odin.Blazza said:
Probably why the whole shadow/valkyrie set is considered to be such ***. <.<

Well not the whole set. Valkiyre Trews are pretty much the best nuking legs there are sometimes beating morri sometimes not. The hands are a nice debuff peice for rdm. All that macc assuming it helps dark spells might be nice for aspir/drain. Um great for upping dmg taken...
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-10-29 07:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I'll have to figure something out to make for one of my other jobs. <-
lol I was trying to help you think of somethign for your other jobs since you already said you werent getting a mnk peice.

Its fine you dont want movement speed for some weird reason but i doubt youll find something more useful than it no matter how unimportant it is to you
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-29 07:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want it cause its useless to me. I don't kite on sam. I'd rather get the slight improvement to homom on the drg i never use than waste 10 bucks to run in town faster.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-29 07:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
I don't want it cause its useless to me. I don't kite on sam. I'd rather get the slight improvement to homom on the drg i never use than waste 10 bucks to run in town faster.

Dude beating people to nyzle isle is the ***!
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-29 07:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Can some one explain to me why it is such a big deal that SAM got movement speed?

I know SAMs have grown to expect SE to give them all the cool toys, but why do they actually think they need it?

SAM DDing doesn't require any movement speed, apart from getting to the next G.colibri faster.

SAM tanking is done toe to toe, you don't use a SAM tank for a kited fight.

After that you have town gear, and running around faster.

Is town gear the reason I hear all these cries over SAM needing movement speed (before the augs were announced)?
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-29 07:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

Lol how can i beat them. They all have 12% movement!
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-29 07:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
Can some one explain to me why it is such a big deal that SAM got movement speed?

I know SAMs have grown to expect SE to give them all the cool toys, but why do they actually think they need it?

SAM DDing doesn't require any movement speed, apart from getting to the next G.colibri faster.

SAM tanking is done toe to toe, you don't use a SAM tank for a kited fight.

After that you have town gear, and running around faster.

Is town gear the reason I hear all these cries over SAM needing movement speed (before the augs were announced)?

All very true, but once you've have movement speed gear on any job running around at normal speed just blows monkey balls <_<
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-10-29 07:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a big deal when you are on sam 99% of the time to get everywhere 8% faster. it is a big deal when you get aggro and dont wanna fight that you can outrun alot of enemies and ignore them without dieing.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-29 07:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

Lol how can i beat them. They all have 12% movement!

If that whm has Herald gaiters I'm gunna go and cry for a so long everyone is beating me to nyzle isle
 Hades.Clack
Server: Hades
user: cocl
By Hades.Clack 2009-10-29 07:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What's cool about this update is I just bought blessed trousers +1 a week ago. fml
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-29 07:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Clack said:
What's cool about this update is I just bought blessed trousers 1 a week ago. fml

You still got a great tp peice go 4 haste%
 Hades.Clack
Server: Hades
user: cocl
By Hades.Clack 2009-10-29 07:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

lolwhmmelee. yeah, i said it. I'd much rather have cure pot +5 and enmity -4/mp+25 and just swap to nq blessed for static spells while gaining 5m~ then have 1% extra haste which does close to nothing for recast timers at my current haste.
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Toufu
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-10-29 07:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Decisions, Decisions...

Homam placeholder, or Denali placeholder...
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-10-29 07:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Late, but:

Kujata.Argettio said:

Because moving around to places 8% faster is kind of useful.

Walking all the way to say, Genbu in Ru'Aun Gardens from the Tu'Lia warp via Hall of Transference. Don't ask why I've been reliving 2004, but all I know is that reliving it 8% faster is kind of... well, better than not-8% faster.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-29 07:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tousou said:
Decisions, Decisions... Homam placeholder, or Denali placeholder...

Well if that conserve mp is actually store tp... could be homam/skadi hybrid. Its a little less acc then both but more haste than skadi and more store tp then homam... be interesting
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-29 07:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Iron (the quote button is broken)

Don't get me wrong, I see why people want movement speed and why it is a nice addition to any job.

But I never go why a lot (and you know it was a lot) of SAMs moaning that they "need" movement speed, and it was a long standing joke that SE would never give it etc.

Useful, nice, and helpful; yes. But a "needed" item for the job; Not as far as I can see.

Not in the same way as a PLD or a soloing BLM or RDM would need movement speed. (and other jobs I cba to list)
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-10-29 07:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Even though Acc +7 and Haste +3% would be great for THF, I rarely get to play the job (hi2u BRD and BLM) and I already have Homam.

Assuming I buy and complete the expansion, I'm definitely making a pair of mage pants to upgrade from Goliard. The extra -1% PDT in my BRD and BLM idle sets will be nice, but it's the 8% movement speed that'll be huge. Blazza's right, Gaiters be expensive, and not only will these pants make my BLM's life better, but they'll come in useful when I'm..../sigh...meriting on BRD.
 Fenrir.Retin
Server: Fenrir
user: Jeniffer
By Fenrir.Retin 2009-10-29 07:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Movement speed for any job is win, SAM or not. End of story.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-29 08:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Retin said:

Yes, but it doesn't change the way most jobs are played (you just get where you are going faster). But for some jobs it opens up a whole new area of game play (BLM soloing limbus, RDM soloing, COR soloing etc)

I was trying to find out if there was some reason (that I couldn't see) that actually meant SAM would change if they had movement speed.

But it seems that all the fuss was just over town gear.
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-10-29 08:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Well if that conserve mp is actually store tp... could be homam/skadi hybrid. Its a little less acc then both but more haste than skadi and more store tp then homam... be interesting

That would definitely be something to look into. Especially if it lets me WS a little bit more.

After looking over a few things, I can't see any reason to get Denali when I could augment this with Acc(Or even Atk) + Evasion. Unless there's a cap on Evasion+ or something I'm missing, these pants are perfect for tanking with my THF.

The Homam would be a little closer, though. Extra Accuracy is wonderful (I like to hit), but I'm curious as to how effective Fast Cast would be on my Utsusemi.
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-10-29 08:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah the only way i'm using that movement speed + is on blm, I may actually decide to PLAY my blm now.
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-10-29 08:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Retin said:

Argetto's right.

In any case, SAMs getting movement speed just means I'll have to add some haste to my sleeping sets as they'll be waking up the wrong mob 8% sooner now. :P
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-10-29 08:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
@ Iron (the quote button is broken)

Don't get me wrong, I see why people want movement speed and why it is a nice addition to any job.

But I never go why a lot (and you know it was a lot) of SAMs moaning that they "need" movement speed, and it was a long standing joke that SE would never give it etc.

Useful, nice, and helpful; yes. But a "needed" item for the job; Not as far as I can see.

Not in the same way as a PLD or a soloing BLM or RDM would need movement speed. (and other jobs I cba to list)

I've never put it as a "need" on my list; hell, nothing's really on my need list, bar ancient currency, but for all the Samurai that view the want as a need, yeah, they're a bit greedy, I suppose you can say.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-29 08:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tousou said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
That would definitely be something to look into. Especially if it lets me WS a little bit more. After looking over a few things, I can't see any reason to get Denali when I could augment this with Acc(Or even Atk) Evasion. Unless there's a cap on Evasion or something I'm missing, these pants are perfect for tanking with my THF. The Homam would be a little closer, though. Extra Accuracy is wonderful (I like to hit), but I'm curious as to how effective Fast Cast would be on my Utsusemi.

Fast cast on those are 4% cast time 2% recast. Evasion supposedly has soft caps though evasion skill doesn't. Well ok evade rate has normal cap of 95% like acc. If I don't get this for blm I would definitely get haste and store tp if that's what it is. I already would probably wear skadi over homam for tping.
 Fenrir.Retin
Server: Fenrir
user: Jeniffer
By Fenrir.Retin 2009-10-29 08:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I do see your point, but I must add, it does also opens a path for SAM solo. I know SAM/DNC does get access to desp.flourish wich gives gravity, but it's not 100% relyable, and therefor the +8% movement speed will help in this case, and yes, there are SAM soloers out here, just not as many as other jobs(BLM,RDM etc) BRD did "only" have access to Raptor/Chocobos mazurka before this update, then there was ONLY SAM who was without + movement speed in the entire game. Leaving 1 job out of all the jobs without movement speed is lame:D And if you realize, caclulate and sum up all the time you have spent runnng around in this game, an 8% decrease to that number would probably blow the hat of even the hardest men.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-10-29 08:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually torn between getting a new pair of Idle pants (PDT- & Movement +8%) or a new pair of WHM pants.. (Cure Potency+ & MP+/Enmity-)

I know the pants are likely to be the best WHM is going to see for a while, but I'm not likely to find the 15M ish for a pair of Heralds anytime soon.

Any suggestions? ^^
 Ramuh.Scizor
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2009-10-29 08:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmmm im quite likeing the idea of:

*pet magic acc +7
*movement speed +8%

I might have to level SCH now
 Siren.Eagleeyes
Server: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-10-29 08:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

barrage +1... interesting
 Unicorn.Ellimist
Server: Unicorn
user: Ellimist
By Unicorn.Ellimist 2009-10-29 08:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH... Pet magic Acc+7..? Do you mean /sch for PUP?

Anyways, how's this (This is assuming "conserve tp+5 is a typo for store tp+5)
For SAM 6hit:

Haste +3%
Store TP+5

... then you could put pure haste in hands and feet. This would be for people with no Byakko's and usukane feet though. If it actually is conserve tp +5, then booooooo.
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-10-29 08:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu said:
Any suggestions? ^^

Keep in mind that I am not a WHM...

Unless you're going to gain something significant from Potency and Enm-, go with the Movement Speed+ PDT. In the very least, running around the world (Or even in and out of range) will be less annoying.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15