Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Leg armor!
Leg armor!
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 14 15
By Vegetto 2009-10-29 09:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You're an idiot. You're arguing my point exactly. You said exactly what I said. I know exactly how barrage works, which is how I came up with only a 75% chance at even attempting the 7th shot because of your chance of missing earlier and ending your barrage.
 Garuda.Ishkur
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-10-29 09:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

meh deleted the post someone had said it already!
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-29 09:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
Bad comprehending, but either way, my point still stands. You have only 75% chance of even taking the 7th shot, and that's at capped acc. If you have anything less the chance goes downhill from there.

It's generally your duty to get your point across, not other people to understand it properly. Just saying *shrug* I really didnt' see it the way you did, and I still don't when I red your original post.

Yeah, your point does stand though. Barrage generally annoys me. If the first hit misses, I always think "Damn, I bet the next 6 would've hit" lol.
 Bahamut.Revision
Server: Bahamut
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-10-29 09:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Bahamut.Revision said:
Barrage macro is capped on accuracy. Still, it misses much more than it should.
It's so true it almost makes me cry.

I will prolly still get it because I full time ranger. What about you Wood? Would you get them for rng considering the other jobs you have?
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-29 09:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Bad comprehending, but either way, my point still stands. You have only 75% chance of even taking the 7th shot, and that's at capped acc. If you have anything less the chance goes downhill from there.

Wait, I thought you said that Barrage only has a "69%" accuracy rate, and now you say it has a "75%" accuracy rate?

Please, stop. You are being wishy-washy again (like your level 37 WAR you have at 40).
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-10-29 09:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Zanno said:
if i decide to get thi mini-expansion it would be for brd pulling pants. I havent even started on the last expansion yet lol
Me either lol. I got the first add-on and only go to the first part of the quest and said F it. I was hoping more options for MNK but I think the BRD pants or RNG might be better.

hehe, I've changed my body piece 4 times now though. should change it again prolly, but nothing seems to be good enough to make me happy for more than a week D:
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-29 09:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Revision said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Bahamut.Revision said:
Barrage macro is capped on accuracy. Still, it misses much more than it should.
It's so true it almost makes me cry.

I will prolly still get it because I full time ranger. What about you Wood? Would you get them for rng considering the other jobs you have?

I probably would get for RNG, yeah, as RNG is my favourite / most played job.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-10-29 09:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto, take it to flame core if you are going to start name calling.

I don't you or Korpg starting to fight over something so little on this thread.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-29 09:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

"and 69% of landing that 7th shot <.<;"
Incorrect, that last shot, provided you have 95% hitrate, still has 95% chance to land. It's landing ALL 7 shots that has a 69% chance of landing, not that once you get to the last shot that it only has a 69% chance to land.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-29 09:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

69% chance of landing 7 hits 0.95^7
75% chance of landing 6 hits (therefore geting to the point the game 'rolls' for the 7th hit) 0.95^6
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-29 09:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

"

Wait, I thought you said that Barrage only has a "69%" accuracy rate, and now you say it has a "75%" accuracy rate?

Please, stop. You are being wishy-washy again (like your level 37 WAR you have at 40)."

You're not reading.

The 69% hitrate INCLUDES the 7th shot
The 75% hitrate only includes the first 6 shots and gives your chance at firing the 7th

69% chance to land all hits including the 7th
75% chance to to land the first 6 hits, and fire the 7th shot.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-29 09:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
You're an idiot. You're arguing my point exactly. You said exactly what I said. I know exactly how barrage works, which is how I came up with only a 75% chance at even attempting the 7th shot because of your chance of missing earlier and ending your barrage.

Dude, you are giving out information that you yourself have not even tested.

You said

Quote:
Once you miss a singular shot, the rest of the following hits miss automatically.

Now you are saying that the other attacks don't happen?

You just admited your idiotic idea about a job you have no clue about. Whats next, you going to give out advice about SMN?
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-10-29 09:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Zanno said:
if i decide to get thi mini-expansion it would be for brd pulling pants. I havent even started on the last expansion yet lol
Me either lol. I got the first add-on and only go to the first part of the quest and said F it. I was hoping more options for MNK but I think the BRD pants or RNG might be better.

hehe, I've changed my body piece 4 times now though. should change it again prolly, but nothing seems to be good enough to make me happy for more than a week D:

I have morrigan's robe so I didn't see that body outdoing that, my MNK I have Kirin's Osode and I'm happy with that, and my war I use osode for ws and Hauberk atm until I can get Ebody from Einherjar. So I really didn't see anything worth getting for the body yet until I level more jobs.
 Garuda.Ishkur
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-10-29 09:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah I didn't express myself correctly
but you know what i meant -.-
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-10-29 09:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the war between korp and veg was over here?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-29 09:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

It's exactly what I'm saying

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Barrage

Quote:
* Barrage is upgraded after certain level and can be enhanced by Hunter's Bracers +1:
o At Ranger level 30, this ability can launch up to four shots.
o At Ranger level 50, this ability can launch up to five shots.
o At Ranger level 75, this ability can launch up to six shots.
o With the enhancement from Hunter's Bracers +1, at 74, this ability can launch an additional shot.
o Only need to have Hunter's Bracers +1 equipped while activating Barrage for the additional shot.
* Lasts for one ranged attack (hit or miss) or 60 seconds.
* User gains TP as much as the number of shots landed on enemy.
* Once a shot from Barrage misses, "subsequent" shots do not fire.
o For example, if a level 50 Ranger were to have their "first" Barrage shot miss, the remaining four shots will not fire.
* Does not work with throwing weapons.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-29 09:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

lol... He's right about the barrage. It's just pretty rare for people to miss the first shot, though it DOES happen and all hits that follow WILL miss.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-29 09:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pet: Accuracy/Range Accuracy/Attack/Range Attack +7 is probably going to be the best augument for SMN.

That Elemental Syphon+20...not really worth it. SMN+ on pants gets you about the same amount. Its kindof hard to get accuracy and attack for pets on pants anyway (actually, no piece gives those stats anyway).

So yeah, I'm probably going to get this for my SMN, not my BLM.

I don't see MAB/MAcc/Magic Critical Damage +/Magic Burst Damage+ is going to be all that helpful anyway.
 Seraph.Helixx
Server: Seraph
user: Helixx
By Seraph.Helixx 2009-10-29 09:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont care about BRD or RNG (brd is sweet though), i will most likely take emnits and -physical damage for my MNK. finally -50% physical damage taken andd can stay at 46 emnity :)
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-29 09:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:
lol... He's right about the barrage. It's just pretty rare for people to miss the first shot, though it DOES happen and all hits that follow WILL miss.

it won't miss, it won't fire.

That means that it won't fire at all, how can you miss if you don't attack?

Seriously, simple conception of English is all that is needed here.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-29 09:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Fairy.Tbest said:

it won't miss, it won't fire.

That means that it won't fire at all, how can you miss if you don't attack?

Seriously, simple conception of English is all that is needed here.

Semantic argument.

From and ingame point of view (Re: TP gain and Damage delt) a missed shot is the same as a shot that is never fired.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-29 09:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:
It's exactly what I'm saying http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Barrage
Quote:
* Barrage is upgraded after certain level and can be enhanced by Hunter's Bracers 1: o At Ranger level 30, this ability can launch up to four shots. o At Ranger level 50, this ability can launch up to five shots. o At Ranger level 75, this ability can launch up to six shots. o With the enhancement from Hunter's Bracers 1, at 74, this ability can launch an additional shot. o Only need to have Hunter's Bracers 1 equipped while activating Barrage for the additional shot. * Lasts for one ranged attack (hit or miss) or 60 seconds. * User gains TP as much as the number of shots landed on enemy. * Once a shot from Barrage misses, "subsequent" shots do not fire. o For example, if a level 50 Ranger were to have their "first" Barrage shot miss, the remaining four shots will not fire. * Does not work with throwing weapons.

No it isn't. You said that you will still fire shots at the mob which will automatically miss, you never said that you will stop firing.

Quote:
Once you miss a singular shot, the rest of the following hits miss automatically.

Accept that you made a mistake about something, learn to not give information about a job ability you have no clue about, and leave.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-10-29 09:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually when you do Barrage it is a separate job ability and you have to attack with range for it to work. So you are attacking and some might miss. So far I haven't missed while I'm leveling it but I'm sure I will eventually.

But anyways, stop arguing. Take it to another thread if your going to argue about ranger's job ability. I don't need you guys tearing this thread to pieces.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-29 09:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Accept that you made a mistake about something, learn to not give information about a job ability you have no clue about, and leave.
lol Why would anyone bother responding to anything you have to say? It's a well-known fact that you argue simply to argue. :P They miss in regards to giving TP, not for expending ammo. :P
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-29 09:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
Semantic argument.

From and ingame point of view (Re: TP gain and Damage delt) a missed shot is the same as a shot that is never fired.

No it isn't, not with attacks that have a number of tries associated with it.

Think about it this way: You have Barrage up, you hit up to the 4th hit, the 5th hit missed. Your RNG is 75, so you can try to hit up to 6 hits. Does that mean you used up 6 arrows because you missed at number 5? No, you used up 5 arrows (or less depending on how many Recycle took into effect, if it does, which I don't know).

What Moron was saying, you missed number 5, all 6 took place, and all 6 arrows were used. Then he was called out on it and desided to "change" his views by saying thats not what he "meant" but won't live up to the mistake.

He lives up to the mistake, he learns from it, he becomes a better person for it. Maybe then he won't be so immature and we can talk civil to each other. Who knows?
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-10-29 09:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Great, this thread is no longer worth reading. :/
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-10-29 09:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

He was being immature because he made a mistake?

Your the one that's taking it a little over the top.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-10-29 09:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

so, yeah. there was these pants or something, and something about augments i think. Or am i in wrong thread now?
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-29 09:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Kujata.Argettio said:
Semantic argument.

No it isn't, not with attacks that have a number of tries associated with it.

Think about it this way: You have Barrage up, you hit up to the 4th hit, the 5th hit missed. Your RNG is 75, so you can try to hit up to 6 hits. Does that mean you used up 6 arrows because you missed at number 5? No, you used up 5 arrows (or less depending on how many Recycle took into effect, if it does, which I don't know).

What Moron was saying, you missed number 5, all 6 took place, and all 6 arrows were used. Then he was called out on it and desided to "change" his views by saying thats not what he "meant" but won't live up to the mistake.

He lives up to the mistake, he learns from it, he becomes a better person for it. Maybe then he won't be so immature and we can talk civil to each other. Who knows?

So you are starting a war over a few arrows. Gotcha'
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 14 15