Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM end game gear guide
RDM end game gear guide
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Aburaage
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-01-27 06:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how much +WSD needed for chiro feet to overtake Jhakri+2 for SB/BH/DB?
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2021-01-27 16:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like just 3% wsd if acc/atk don't matter at all. 4% if you wanna beat viti+3 boots aswell.

EDIT: That's for Savage Blade. Numbers would be slightly different for the other two, but the answer is probably still in the same ballpark.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [77 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Hitome
By Asura.Hitome 2021-04-14 07:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

On the TP set listed in the following category:

TP (30% Haste) 31 DW Needed /NIN & 35 Needed /DNC with Samba

how are they reaching the 31 DW required? I'm counting:

Ear1 (5)
Belt (7)
Boots (4)

Total: 16

Help me out I have a small brain. Is the cape augmented with 10 DW?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-04-14 07:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hitome said: »
On the TP set listed in the following category:

TP (30% Haste) 31 DW Needed /NIN & 35 Needed /DNC with Samba

how are they reaching the 31 DW required? I'm counting:

Ear1 (5)
Belt (7)
Boots (4)

Total: 16

Help me out I have a small brain. Is the cape augmented with 10 DW?
+10 DW Augment Cape
+5 DW Augment on Feet
 Asura.Hitome
By Asura.Hitome 2021-04-14 07:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you!
 Bahamut.Turambar
Server: Bahamut
user: Turambar
By Bahamut.Turambar 2021-04-14 11:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Any word/testing on how Gleti's Knife stacks up as an offhand for various things? Compared to augmented Ternion, delay is higher and critical hit rate is probably worse than WS damage, but I would think the 2% extra triple attack, higher skill bonuses, 15 dex, and 30 attack must count for something.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2021-04-14 12:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Great Dagger, bis for Cdcin stuff for a offhand or evis spam with tauret/gleti
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Hitome
By Asura.Hitome 2021-05-17 07:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Another quick question. I see this set listed for sanguine blade on the main page:

https://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/361341

I was wondering if this set is modified for Dynamis at all? I hear good things about sanguine in Dynamis. Does hachirin overtake orpheus in Dynamis due to double dark weather? I assume so since it's a 25% increase to dark aligned magic and weaponskills while orpheus is around a 15% increase. Also for those who have tried it, what kind of numbers are you seeing on your sanguine's?
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-05-17 08:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Another quick question. I see this set listed for sanguine blade on the main page:

https://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/361341

I was wondering if this set is modified for Dynamis at all? I hear good things about sanguine in Dynamis. Does hachirin overtake orpheus in Dynamis due to double dark weather? I assume so since it's a 25% increase to dark aligned magic and weaponskills while orpheus is around a 15% increase. Also for those who have tried it, what kind of numbers are you seeing on your sanguine's?

Dark obi generates more consistent numbers but the weather bonus can still proc, 33% chance, with O Sash resulting in higher spike numbers so its up to you really. Keep in mind that the all in one Obi on lightsday will lower the bonus to 15% instead of the 25%.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-05-17 13:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

In the tank party (meaning all I really get are marches and sometimes a Wizard roll) I average 45-55k Sanguines in dynamis D on the wave 3 boss with Bolster'd Malaise. Pending resists and Rayke/Gambit I have hit up to 83k. I can't be assed carrying around 3 obis (dark, light, and Hachirin) so I just fulltime Orpheus sash, the difference in average Sanguine damage is pretty minor anyway.

Some people prefer Seraph Blade for the wave 3 mega, but I don't have consistent access to Aurorastorm and I don't have a weathersoon ring, so I just stick to Sanguine spam.
By theoxreynolds 2021-05-17 15:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
In the tank party (meaning all I really get are marches and sometimes a Wizard roll) I average 45-55k Sanguines in dynamis D on the wave 3 boss with Bolster'd Malaise. Pending resists and Rayke/Gambit I have hit up to 83k. I can't be assed carrying around 3 obis (dark, light, and Hachirin) so I just fulltime Orpheus sash, the difference in average Sanguine damage is pretty minor anyway.

Some people prefer Seraph Blade for the wave 3 mega, but I don't have consistent access to Aurorastorm and I don't have a weathersoon ring, so I just stick to Sanguine spam.

What do you usually sub for wave 3?
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-05-17 16:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm always RDM/NIN for dynamis. I don't do much meleeing in wave 3 (although more now that we're down almost a full party) because I don't get much in the way of melee buffs, but I do all the silencing + debuffing, and all the dangerous add silencing during the wave 3 mega.

Edit: Usually parse around 10% on the disjoined (losing to the CORs and Ejin's SAM).

Asura.Hitome
By Asura.Hitome 2021-05-17 17:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! I'll give it a shot. What cape do you run for this setup?
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-05-17 19:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm always RDM/NIN for dynamis. I don't do much meleeing in wave 3 (although more now that we're down almost a full party) because I don't get much in the way of melee buffs, but I do all the silencing + debuffing, and all the dangerous add silencing during the wave 3 mega.

Edit: Usually parse around 10% on the disjoined (losing to the CORs and Ejin's SAM).

For my RDM's, they are usually the top in dps on W3 while favoring Seraph Blade. I do make sure the alliance is setup to favor it by including a SCH as one of the main healers. 66k-99k Seraph Blade is not uncommon on trash volte mobs; you'll frequently see them be one shotted.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-05-17 23:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

{ name="Sucellos's Cape", augments={'MND+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','MND+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}}
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-05-17 23:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ringoko said: »

For my RDM's, they are usually the top in dps on W3 while favoring Seraph Blade. I do make sure the alliance is setup to favor it by including a SCH as one of the main healers. 66k-99k Seraph Blade is not uncommon on trash volte mobs; you'll frequently see them be one shotted.

Would be fun but I'm the only RDM, and we're multiboxing two full parties with 4-5 people. I'm in the tank party to make the tank's life easier and we don't bard swap into the tank party. Only mentioned parse numbers as a very rough way of saying you can do well if you put the effort in and your group does things conducing to magic damage (Malaise, Rayke, Gambit). There are certainly plenty of RDMs better than I am, lol.
By fleshrender 2021-05-23 09:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

what kind of buffs?
 Asura.Diluted
user: Crumpet
By Asura.Diluted 2021-06-09 02:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you making edits to your savage blade set? All of the main slots are blank at the moment.
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2021-06-09 02:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Blank = Nyame most likely
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-06-09 08:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Diluted said: »
Are you making edits to your savage blade set? All of the main slots are blank at the moment.

Slowly working on updating the sets with the new odyssey gear. Still have to go through it all haven’t had a ton of time on my hands to do it properly
[+]
 Carbuncle.Slib
Server: Carbuncle
user: Slib
By Carbuncle.Slib 2021-06-09 10:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

{ name="Sucellos's Cape", augments={'MND+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','MND+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}}

Mind over int? Reading Wiki I see it's 50% mind modifier but that's better than the pint - dint dstat?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-06-09 10:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, due to manner in which Crocea increases elemental WS damage (fTP x2).
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-06-09 10:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

fleshrender said: »
what kind of buffs?

I only get two Marches, two Minnes, a Madrigal, and Samurai roll in the tank party.
 Asura.Diluted
user: Crumpet
By Asura.Diluted 2021-06-09 12:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nuance said: »
Asura.Diluted said: »

Slowly working on updating the sets with the new odyssey gear. Still have to go through it all haven’t had a ton of time on my hands to do it properly

Ah, cool. Thanks for these sets by the way, I started gearing my RDM a few weeks ago and this has been super useful in knowing what to aim for.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [265 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-03-01 20:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get your 2% Haste from an Offhand Gleti's Knife instead of a Hasty Pinion +1 if you're looking for an alternative to your enspell tp set. I usually have my Ranged slot locked for Ullr
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [94 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Peroroncino
By Ragnarok.Peroroncino 2022-06-04 06:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Outstanding work! I have a couple of questions about the proposed LUA.
Do you think it is possible to modify the HUD to include it in a single vertical line?
And do you think it is possible to create a function that modifies the sets.defense based on the sub job used?
I've made several attempts at both but nothing seems to work 100%.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-26 21:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone tried out Bunzi 5/5 or similar for Requescat? It's always underwhelming unless it's going through a cat shield
By Nariont 2022-06-26 21:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
It's always underwhelming

That's basically it, even at max TP it's just a plain 1.0 with a high mnd mod, it's never going to do impressive numbers outside of its niche
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [46 days between previous and next post]
By Bosworth 2022-08-12 00:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there any options for a Savage Blade set that isn't just Nyame?
By Masaru 2022-08-12 00:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bosworth said: »
Are there any options for a Savage Blade set that isn't just Nyame?
This is a guide just for the best gear available.
Here is a actual guide with options: click