Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Lua Request
Lua Request
By Ermah 2020-08-05 11:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone was using a Puppetmaster Lua, that would do all the normal things a Lua does: Weaponskill sets, fast cast sets, maneuver sets and all the things that's difficult for the in game macros to handle, but then there would be a mode switch option to swap to pet weaponskill set and a pet enmity set that can be toggled via a macro?

Thank you

I also had a question regarding the master TP gear on the String Theory Guide. I noticed there are no Malignance Pieces on it, is that correct or is it just outdated?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-08-05 12:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thread for a Pretty advanced and sophisticated lua

Simpler lua
By Ermah 2020-08-05 12:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you! I was unaware Luas could detect pet WS.
 Asura.Epigram
Server: Asura
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-08-05 14:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't, they predict it.
By Ermah 2020-08-08 23:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

I am trying to use this gearswap you linked and I get a error on line 387: ')' expected to close '(' at line 373) near '}'

and I'm not sure what I need to add to fix it. I'm assuming whatever it is I need to add it to every single set I added it (it was a blank slate to begin with)

Can anyone familiar with gearswap help?

https://prnt.sc/twhws6
 Bahamut.Pikohan
Server: Bahamut
user: Jone
By Bahamut.Pikohan 2020-08-08 23:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Remove the } symbol at line 386
By Ermah 2020-08-08 23:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Pikohan said: »
That does not fix it :(
By Ermah 2020-08-08 23:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Pikohan said: »
Oh yes it did! I just forgot to save it the first time I did it, thank you!
By suuhja 2020-08-09 00:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

In addition to removing the } on 386, you need a ')' at the end of 403.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-08-09 00:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

How about a "PUP lua for GearSwap Dummies?" I definitely qualify as one.
By Mrgrim 2020-08-09 03:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siviard and I decided to tamper around with the 1st lua you linked. Its a pretty cool lua with all the nifty options it offer, but damn we could not get it to switch to enmity gear whenever siviard used those maneuvers that makes the puppet generate enmity (flash, strobe):/
By Ermah 2020-08-09 03:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried it out and I don't think I like it, I might go with the simpler lua. It just has too many unnecessary bells and whistles and I hate the menu.

I can't figure out how to default to the small version of the menu and when I tried to fixate its location I kept getting an error, so I got the giant menu popping up in my screen everytime I swapped to Pup and it became super obnoxious.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-08-09 05:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrgrim said: »

Siviard and I decided to tamper around with the 1st lua you linked. Its a pretty cool lua with all the nifty options it offer, but damn we could not get it to switch to enmity gear whenever siviard used those maneuvers that makes the puppet generate enmity (flash, strobe):/

And when I tried switching to any of my DD automatons (Bruiser & Ranger) it would auto-default me to my Pet: DT set. We never could figure out how to get it to go into my Pet: Acc & STP set, so I ended up deleting the lua out of frustration.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-08-09 05:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrgrim said: »

I don't PUP enough to get hardcore about it, but I attempted something of this sort whenever I last played PUP. And instead of trying to get the lua to predict it, I made a line that says if the Auto is at 100% HP and in tank mode, to equip enmity gear. This can be changed to any value, like 95 or 97% or whatever. It's not amazing, but figure if the auto is sitting at full HP, tossing in some Heyoka or something is better than sitting in tank gear.
Code
function job_customize_idle_set(idleSet)
	if pet.isvalid and pet.status == 'Engaged' and sets.midcast.Pet then
		local now = os.clock()
		if state.PetWSGear.value and pet.tp and pet.tp > 999 then
			if sets.midcast.Pet.PetWSGear and sets.midcast.Pet.PetWSGear[state.PetMode.value] then
				idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, sets.midcast.Pet.PetWSGear[state.PetMode.value])
			elseif sets.midcast.Pet.PetWSGear then
				idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, sets.midcast.Pet.PetWSGear)
			end
		elseif sets.idle.Pet.Engaged[state.PetMode.value] then
			idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, sets.idle.Pet.Engaged[state.PetMode.value])
		elseif pet.hpp == 100 and state.IdleMode.Value == 'PetTank' then
			idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, sets.midcast.Pet.PetEnmityGear)
		else
			idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, sets.idle.Pet.Engaged)
		end
		elseif mageJobs:contains(player.sub_job) then
		if player.mpp < 51 and (state.IdleMode.value == 'Normal' or state.IdleMode.value:contains('Sphere')) then
			if sets.latent_refresh then
				idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, sets.latent_refresh)
			end
		end
	end
	return idleSet
end

I use Selindrile's luas, and that's the entire function I have for it, don't need the whole thing for what I described, but figuring out exactly which lines are needed is a bit much effort since I'm not very experiencing at code.

I'm considering 2100 JPing my PUP, so maybe I'll go play and make sure that function is working when I do it.