Forum » FFXI » Dat Modding » FFXI Up-scaled Armor/Mobs/Faces/Spells
FFXI Up-scaled Armor/Mobs/Faces/Spells
 Ragnarok.Finea
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-10-17 10:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I made a quick video guide on how to best install the entire package.

Total files now reaching over 19,000 - AF3 is done, along with a lot of Adoulin sets (up to Councilor's Garb, not long to go before every single armor set is finished)

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-10-20 18:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

All Trusts are now uploaded and done (except Monbareux atm).

Only one that needs a little tweak is Selt'heus, just a bit unhappy with his wings as usual, going to take some proper love and care to them tomorrow when I get some spare time.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-10-24 16:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ALL Weapons
ALL Armor
ALL Trusts
VAST majority of Enemies (Only those in expansion directories, around 10% to go)

Done and dusted, up to date with Retail! Over 23,600 DAT files updated!

I can't post examples of everything - But the majority is over on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/AshenbubsHD

FULL download here:
https://github.com/Ashenbubs/AshenbubsHD

[+]
 Asura.Kusare
Server: Asura
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-10-24 19:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

keep up the great work, this looks great, just installed it and runs fine on my potato laptop.
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-11-08 12:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Seekers of Adoulin NPCs and Cutscenes have now been all completed and added, including unique mobs and bosses.

28,000 DATs and counting - Thanks to all those enjoying the content and sharing on Twitch streams, seeing it be loved makes all the work worth while.

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Elesar
Server: Bahamut
user: Elesar
By Bahamut.Elesar 2020-11-13 11:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Finea said: »
Seekers of Adoulin NPCs and Cutscenes have now been all completed and added, including unique mobs and bosses.

28,000 DATs and counting - Thanks to all those enjoying the content and sharing on Twitch streams, seeing it be loved makes all the work worth while.

You are the real MVP of this game. Square-Enix should be paying you for this.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ruzaki
Server: Bismarck
user: roxya
By Bismarck.Ruzaki 2020-11-13 13:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you turn the filter up to 11 or something? If anything I'd consider the original more "HD"

[+]
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-11-14 05:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn’t quite go to 11 but the in-game shading does make it look better than I can in model viewers.

I understand the style isn’t to everyone’s likes, just as I find the original incredibly noisy and dirty. :)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-11-17 10:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt you will ever have a "final" release, but I'll be there when you do! The more I see of your stuff, the more I like. I realize it gets rid of some of the details, but I like the funky cel-shaded look it all has
 Cerberus.Genoside
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Genoside 2020-11-17 10:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to report a bug, I have identified that the skill chain animations are crashing windower in the midsts of big battles. We have tested this on a few peoples games and the same outcome. turning off others effects does resolve it, but being able to see other's skill chains is sometimes important. Something to look into for sure @developer.
[+]
 Asura.Panasync
By Asura.Panasync 2020-11-17 11:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Genoside said: »
I need to report a bug, I have identified that the skill chain animations are crashing windower in the midsts of big battles. We have tested this on a few peoples games and the same outcome. turning off others effects does resolve it, but being able to see other's skill chains is sometimes important. Something to look into for sure @developer.

I had a feeling something like this was causing me to crash in DynamisD. Appreciate the testing/info.

What are all the replaced SC dats locations if anyone knows off the top of their head(s).
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-11-17 11:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

https://github.com/Ashenbubs/AshenbubsHD/issues

Bug reports ^

Interestingly enough I had someone come to me with a dyna D query yesterday, they said it was odd that it was on mid-pull so your skillchain theory might check out!

Skillchains are:
ROM\13\9.DAT
to
ROM\13\20.DAT
[+]
 Asura.Panasync
By Asura.Panasync 2020-11-17 11:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bug reports ^

Interestingly enough I had someone come to me with a dyna D query yesterday, they said it was odd that it was on mid-pull so your skillchain theory might check out!

Skillchains are:
ROM\13\9.DAT
to
ROM\13\20.DAT

Really appreciate the response and answer!
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-11-17 11:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't like the thought of my work ruining anyone's fun or experience - Sooner I know about issues the sooner I can figure out what's causing them and fix it! :)
[+]
 Cerberus.Genoside
By Cerberus.Genoside 2020-11-17 16:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I can confirm it happens mostly in dynamis during skillchains.
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-11-18 07:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Geno - If you could remove/rename the following Skillchain dats:

ROM\13\9.DAT
to
ROM\13\20.DAT

Would you be able to let me know if your LS continues to have issues? I'm not of a timezone where it's easy for me to run tests on a busy Dynamis Divergence run.

I'm continuing to investigate similar issues into Dynamis as a whole, as I've had a report in that there was an issue with a Volte spawning and causing a crash also.
 Cerberus.Genoside
By Cerberus.Genoside 2020-11-18 13:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Our next run is tomorrow I Will pass off the information.
By RadialArcana 2020-11-19 04:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

For people crashing, are they all multiboxing?

I have no idea if it's a simple file error or not but it does need to be kept in mind that if you have multiple instances all running an addon and they all try to do the same thing at the exact same time it could be causing a crash. Try disabling the addon on one instance and see if it survives a crash.
 Asura.Panasync
By Asura.Panasync 2020-11-19 05:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally don't run any other instances of the game. Have had a lot more crashes as of late, started in Dynamis, but it's been happening in Omen, as well as Ambuscade recently as well.
 Fairy.Trig
Server: Fairy
user: Trig
By Fairy.Trig 2020-11-19 10:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

ROM\13\9.DAT
to
ROM\13\20.DAT

Hey - I'm trying to fix a consistent crash in dyna W3 by replacing these dats in the ffxi directory. Even when I replace all listed dats with a copy of ROM\13\9.DAT, I still see all sc animations during testing; I see light sc, dark sc, etc when really I should just be seeing one if they were replaced successfully. Am I doing something wrong? or are these not the correct dats to replace skillchain animations? I don't know how to verify this myself so any guidance is much appreciated!!!
edit3: found the rest of the SC files to be 21 and 22 (light and dark). Replacing them worked... will test out W3 next time with these dat swaps and report back.

Thanks

edit: I did try making these changes via xipivot but got error saying loading overlay failed. So I opted to just switch out the files in ffxi directory.
edit2:
- W3 testing I did earlier this week, I replaced fire3 dat with fire2 successfully but still got crashes, each time on a skillchain while taking out the halos.
- I'm running 3 instances of W4 on my PC.
 Asura.Panasync
By Asura.Panasync 2020-11-19 13:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's hard to say for sure as I have other things running, but it's certainly not just WS. I crashed last night casting buffs in Ambuscade. So might just be an addon, or some of the buffing updated dats.

I'll probably go back to retail dats just to check, personally don't use pivot so I've been lazy on trying sooner.
 Fairy.Trig
By Fairy.Trig 2020-11-19 14:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm only running XI-View, no other dat mods, still getting crashes in W3 only. I'll have an opportunity to test it out this or next week (if my LS doesn't light me on fire first with all my damn disconnection) so if anyone has ideas on things I can try, let me know. Timing of my DC's really seemed to be happening on magic burst.
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-11-23 09:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting reports that it's potentially a BLU Volte causing an issue in Dyna D - But there is very little information that lets me know what model that is exactly - If anyone has any more information, screenshots of the BLU so I can figure out what armor/weapons they're wearing, that would be of huge help.

I do have a Bug Report page on GitHub, where people can post and discuss issues, any information added gets me one step closer to sorting out this issue for people - I'm sorry you're having an issue in the first place, far from my intention when creating this mod.
 Fairy.Trig
By Fairy.Trig 2020-11-24 22:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

!!!FOR PEOPLE CRASHING ON W3 DYNA!!!

I did some testing this week in dyna 3 (thanks LS for not killing me) and after removing/replacing the above files and going light on addons, I still crash to desktop immediately on W3. What I think fixed it for me was going into W4 configuration and turning off supersampling. I also turned off sound at the same time, so could have been that, but supersampling makes more sense.

So check your W4 config if you are having crash issues and see if Supersanmpling is off. I also had hardware mouse on and the rest off in the 'Game' section of the profile.
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-11-25 02:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

When you say the above files, are you referring to your other post with Firaga?

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54745/100-hard-crash-during-dynad-on-firaga-iii-cast/#3553321

Interesting to know that this seems to be an issue prior though!

Do you also have mipmapping turned off? I’d recommend that also.
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-12-07 17:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

A few Cutscenes in 4K showing off some of the new zones and textures.

New pack is yet to be released, doing some bug testing first as I don't want to ruin anyone's experience. But new pack is nearly 98-99% of all textures, around 232,000 textures updated, this'll include all zones, all enemies, all armor/weapons and every single special effect/spell/cutscene.

To preview, please enjoy these videos in 4K:

There's also a few more CS previews on my channel.

As usual, socials, details and updates can be found at:
[+]
By Aricomfy 2020-12-07 19:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

My god. What a pack. Crazy to see how far this has gone and in such a short amount of time.

On the topic of bug testing, I'm actually curious if this happens to anyone else, or if it's just been a "me" problem for the past several years. 99.9% of the time, when I approach the Auction House in Aht Urhgan Whitegate, my client instantly crashes. Its been doing this for as long as I can remember. When I log back in, I can then run to the counter of the AH and leave the area with no problems, but the second I try to go back, it crashes again. I don't have any HD zone mods installed either, so it has been happening entirely in the vanilla zone. I wonder why this happens. I also notice an absurd amount of lag, the MOST lag out of any zone in FFXI is in Aht Urhgan Whitegate. When bringing around my alts with me through the zone, it's an absolute nightmare. Constant freezing, as if I stopped moving on their end when I'm still running on my end.

All these problems seem to be centered around the central fountain area and AH area. Everywhere else is actually quite decent. I was wondering if using this mod would fix these issues or if it's something fundamentally wrong with Aht Urhgan itself. Anyone else experience something like this? I've already done a file check several times over the years for other unrelated reasons, so that isn't fixing this particular issue.
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-12-08 16:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! It’s been a crazy ride, aha.

I’m not sure what issue that is, but it does sound very familiar! I think there’s a known issue with retail and that white gate AH from way back when. Hopefully a few google searches might find some old issues! Failing that, a file check wouldn’t be a bad idea~

I uploaded 5 minutes of me just levelling out in Qufim, just to give people an idea of how everything runs in motion. I don’t think my PC is anything too special, I haven’t upgraded anything in at least 5 years.