On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-05-29 22:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like I'm in the minority now, but I've honestly never ever needed a SIRD set for whm. Between Aquaveil and generally decent tanks I've had. I've never felt the need for it. Even on Odyssey bosses where I end up tanking the adds, most of those hit so slow (not the chapulis) that I have no problem with Aquaveil lasting the entire run without losing it from taking damage while casting.

The crabs on Ngai literally take 5 seconds between attacks, often they are completely in sync with each other.

Matamatas are usually glued to 2nd DD either whole run or until right before death.

Chapulis do hit hard and fast, but I find they run around so much that I get plenty of time to re-apply Aquaveil if needed.
[+]
By shazbot 2024-05-29 23:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I feel like I'm in the minority now, but I've honestly never ever needed a SIRD set for whm. Between Aquaveil and generally decent tanks I've had. I've never felt the need for it. Even on Odyssey bosses where I end up tanking the adds, most of those hit so slow (not the chapulis) that I have no problem with Aquaveil lasting the entire run without losing it from taking damage while casting.

The crabs on Ngai literally take 5 seconds between attacks, often they are completely in sync with each other.

Matamatas are usually glued to 2nd DD either whole run or until right before death.

Chapulis do hit hard and fast, but I find they run around so much that I get plenty of time to re-apply Aquaveil if needed.

I hear you! I just needed SIRD for my whm since I am not looking at his screen all the time as he is my alt. so having SIRD was critical for me. but yes, a main whm that can time his cures and put up Aquaveil is better!
[+]
 Phoenix.Gavroches
Server: Phoenix
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-05-30 06:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

SIRD 102+ the aquaveil spell, on top of that most cure set should have capped DT/C1 with C2 10-20%/SIRD 70+. So any interrupt that haven’t been caught by gear then aquaveil will catch. Aquaveil at 15 min/7 interrupt goes a long way in this setup.
By Ninjaxtasy 2024-06-02 00:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

any have a Holy set?
 Bahamut.Zedoma
Server: Bahamut
user: zedoma
By Bahamut.Zedoma 2024-06-02 01:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

My current Holy set:

main="Daybreak",
sub="Ammurapi Shield",
ammo={ name="Ghastly Tathlum +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
head={ name="Bunzi's Hat", augments={'Path: A',}},
body={ name="Bunzi's Robe", augments={'Path: A',}},
hands={ name="Bunzi's Gloves", augments={'Path: A',}},
legs={ name="Bunzi's Pants", augments={'Path: A',}},
feet={ name="Piety Duckbills +3", augments={'Enhances "Afflatus Solace" effect',}},
neck="Mizu. Kubikazari",
waist="Korin Obi",
left_ear="Malignance Earring",
right_ear="Regal Earring",
left_ring="Stikini Ring +1",
right_ring={ name="Metamor. Ring +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
back={ name="Alaunus's Cape", augments={'MND+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','MND+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}}
[+]
 Phoenix.Gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-06-02 06:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Freke > regal

Saevus > mizu

Cohort > bunzi

Also is it for straight Holy or MB? There’s nothing exceptional about non MB holy, MB for A/C objective can do 20-40K depends on your "charge"
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2024-06-02 10:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

straight Holy. Yes for the A objectives in Sortie.
 Phoenix.Gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-06-02 12:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Then do fire II + stone III (if you have the master lvl). Same set. Holy recast timer is stupidly long, you can simply spam those and any mobs under 10% will die in a few volley.
[+]
 Valefor.Dathus
Server: Valefor
user: Dathus
By Valefor.Dathus 2024-06-02 15:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume for WHM Elemental nuking, just full Bunzi + INT/MAB/Macc/Mdmg cape?
 Phoenix.Gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-06-02 17:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Use the cohort cloak, rest bunzi. Cap regular int/mab/mdmg, aurist cape will do if you want to save a space. Normal stuff after, freke, metamorph, regal/mali earring, ghastly…
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2024-06-04 11:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I also use Kaykaus Tights +1 over Bunzi Pants. MAB+54 total.

Also, if not bursting, augmented Chironic can be really good. My hands have MAB+50 and feet have MAB+56. Haven't really tested how that compares to Bunzi's MAB+30 MDmg+60 per piece, but Holy has high base damage already due to Daybreak & Afflatus Solace so I wouldn't be surprised if Bunzi loses on non-bursts. Might have to do some testing sometime... Same thing with Ghastly vs Pemphredo...
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2024-06-04 18:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Followup: I did some testing, looks like you guys are right and R30 Bunzi mostly wins even without magic bursting.

Tested on some ladybugs in Reisenjima. WHM/SCH, non-bursted, but Aurorastorm is up.

Without Solace charge
Chironic hands/feet, Kaykaus legs, Pemphredo:

Bunzi hands/feet, Kaykaus legs, Pemphredo:

Bunzi x3, Pemphredo:

With Solace charge
Chironic hands/feet, Kaykaus legs, Pemphredo:

Bunzi hands/feet, Kaykaus legs, Pemphredo:

Bunzi x3, Pemphredo:

Bunzi x3, Ghastly:

Bunzi hands/feet, Kaykaus legs, Ghastly:

Conclusion
The only place where the MAB option beat out the MDmg option was with Solace charged up, Kaykaus+1 beats R30 Bunzi's Pants, but only by a smidge. Without charged Solace, Bunzi's Pants win. In all other regards, the magic damage options (R30 Bunzi and Ghastly Tathlum) are superior even when Solace is charged up.

If you don't have R30 Bunzi, Chironic/Kaykaus make a great backup plan because I suspect the results would be different if the Bunzi was only R25 or lower.

I think I'll just go ahead and use Bunzi's for the inv+1 of being able to ditch my Kaykaus Tights...

For reference, here are the augments I'm working with:

MAB option:
hands={ name="Chironic Gloves", augments={'Mag. Acc.+21 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+21','Spell interruption rate down -3%','MND+1','Mag. Acc.+8','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+14',}}
legs={ name="Kaykaus Tights +1", augments={'INT+12','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+20','Enmity-6',}}
feet={ name="Chironic Slippers", augments={'Mag. Acc.+24 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+24','"Cure" potency +3%','INT+5','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+12',}}

MDmg option:
R30 Bunzi, R15 Ghastly

Edit: This was with Holy 1 by the way. It occurs to me Holy 2, having higher base damage, may have different results. I'll test that later.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2024-06-07 16:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Followup #2:

I did some testing with Holy 2 this time instead of Holy 1. Everything else the same. Same targets, Aurorastorm up, not magic bursting. I didn't bother testing Pemphredo this time, all were done with R15 Ghastly.

Without Solace, the Bunzi still pulled ahead quite clearly (10252 with Chironic/Kaykaus vs 10848 with 3x Bunzi)

With Solace, the Chironic & Kaykaus actually pulled ahead.

With 3x Bunzi pieces:
16454-16646

With 2x Chironic and Kaykaus+1:
16676-16896

So if you're going for absolute peak non-bursted damage using Holy II with charged Solace, then you're better off going for MAB options than Bunzi.

However, I think the real conclusion from this testing is that while the MAB options do pull ahead in certain scenarios, if you're bursting then Bunzi's magic burst damage will dominate, and if your solace isn't charged then Bunzi's base magic damage will dominate. So basically just do yourself a favor and use the Bunzi's because even in the worst case scenario you're only losing about 1.5% damage while you're gaining a lot more than that in some other situations.

Bonus test: R15 Metamorph Ring +1 beats Shiva Ring +1, even inside Escha where I have extra MND. Not surprising but worth testing.
 Phoenix.Gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-06-07 17:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the extended testing
 Bahamut.Zedoma
Server: Bahamut
user: zedoma
By Bahamut.Zedoma 2024-06-07 17:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Pergatory did you do any testing with relic feet? While they have no direct magic stats per say the "Enhances Afflatus Solace effect" is incredibly potent. All my testing showed they pull ahead of Bunzi feet by a large margin even without a Solace charge. This is also why I use the Mizu neck to still cap MB1.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2024-06-07 18:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zedoma said: »
Pergatory did you do any testing with relic feet? While they have no direct magic stats per say the "Enhances Afflatus Solace effect" is incredibly potent. All my testing showed they pull ahead of Bunzi feet by a large margin even without a Solace charge. This is also why I use the Mizu neck to still cap MB1.
I'll be darned, you're right.

Piety Duckbills +3 gave 12180 without Solace charged, 18818 with. Both significantly higher than Bunzi.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2024-06-07 22:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Bahamut.Zedoma said: »
I'll be darned, you're right.

Piety Duckbills +3 gave 12180 without Solace charged, 18818 with. Both significantly higher than Bunzi.

That's pretty amazing. I wonder how much it affects the damage calculation exactly. Piety Duckbills +3 have four less mind and no magic attack or magic damage on them compared to Bunzi's 30 MAB and 30 Magic Damage.
By Nariont 2024-06-08 03:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

JP wiki just lists them as +5~25% increase, like the nin relic boots basically
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-06-08 04:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's also worth noting that the effect is essentially like affinity, but on another separate multiplicative term.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25