You Might Be A Noob When....

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » you might be a noob when....
you might be a noob when....
First Page 2
 Ragnarok.Kukukues
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: kukukues
By Ragnarok.Kukukues 2009-10-20 12:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

this is a true story it happened to a friend of mine and that friend had another friend, and his friend had another friend, and it was really me, lol, one day i got invited out to do a colibri party, and i put my empress ring on, and i went to select it to activate it and instead i hit instant retrace, lol, i didn't realize till i saw animation, what happened was my inventory is set to, auto sort and when items drop from pool to my inventory all items move down lol, and when i did my party was like wtf, and i eventually made it back and we lol'ed for the whole 3 hour party
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-10-20 12:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well someone is my Salvage group used flies mid-run... He thought he was using a temporary medicine item.
[+]
 Asura.Endelig
Server: Asura
user: endelig
By Asura.Endelig 2009-10-20 12:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What I got out of this was "three hour party". I needs me one of those.
[+]
 Seraph.Helixx
Server: Seraph
user: Helixx
By Seraph.Helixx 2009-10-20 12:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Well someone is my Salvage group used flies mid-run... He thought he was using a temporary medicine item.

I did that once. Usu head 25 dropped. Was waiting for item forever and had only 1x competition. Wanted to use med but hit flies. Was bound and when i saw it comming i could not run or disengage /heal fast enough. 1y salvage 1 piece complete.
 Lakshmi.Vawn
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vawn
By Lakshmi.Vawn 2009-10-20 12:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow have you posted this story on every FFXI forum website you could find?
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-10-20 12:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

was in salvage fighting a lower chariot and went to to choke burn and shock. I dont macro those so i used my controller and the D pad started to act up and moved 5 spells instead of 3 and I retraced -.-. The next day the same D pad miss-fired causing me to mijin gakure rather than warcry. i was like ; ;
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-10-20 13:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This can happen to everybody, no biggie:P
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-20 13:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Kukukues said:
and we lol'ed for the whole 3 hour party

I didn't really think it was that funny...
[+]
 Odin.Dryzt
Server: Odin
user: Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2009-10-20 13:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Kukukues said:

User submitted image
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-20 13:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Dryzt said:
Wooooodum said:
Kukukues said:

User submitted image

User submitted image
 Odin.Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2009-10-20 13:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:

User submitted image

lol no thanks >.<
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-10-20 13:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a noob story, but a very relevant one:

My ls once had a CoP set, and we were doing Ouryu for the like... 100th time.... We went in and did the usual--PLD (me) went in and Flash/'Voked, watched Ouryu cast Stoneskin, said "Dispel pls" in pt chat... And the RDM casts Warp. XDDDDD We had a good laugh, and it was a good thing he was holding the extra Giant Scale to run alllllllll the way back to Monarch Linn. :P
 Quetzalcoatl.Xedal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dalight
By Quetzalcoatl.Xedal 2009-10-20 13:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Dryzt said:
Wooooodum said:
Kukukues said:

User submitted image

User submitted image

Lol'd at that.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-20 13:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

one day during Campaign, my 360 controller's batteries died while being on Auto-run, so I reach for my keyboard to stop but it wasnt plugged in. Yeah, I ran right into Shadowhand's Full Swing, then I ate the floor.
 Odin.Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2009-10-20 13:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye said:

My ls once had a CoP set, and we were doing Ouryu for the like... 100th time.... We went in and did the usual--PLD (me) went in and Flash/'Voked, watched Ouryu cast Stoneskin, said "Dispel pls" in pt chat... And the RDM casts Warp. XDDDDD We had a good laugh, and it was a good thing he was holding the extra Giant Scale to run alllllllll the way back to Monarch Linn. :P

this reminded me of one of my epic fails...
was also doing Ouryu fight for CoP. I was trying to be the leader of the group and explain our strategy. told them that we'd sleep Ouryu during his 2 hour and at any point mages need to rest for mp. we go in, buff up, and soon as we engage I cast Bio on him. yeah, I know, I was there...
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-10-20 13:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Dryzt said:
Anye said:

this reminded me of one of my epic fails...
was also doing Ouryu fight for CoP. I was trying to be the leader of the group and explain our strategy. told them that we'd sleep Ouryu during his 2 hour and at any point mages need to rest for mp. we go in, buff up, and soon as we engage I cast Bio on him. yeah, I know, I was there...

LMAO! Yeah, another time we went, a different RDM kept casting DoTs on him, about 3 battles in a row. Damn macro sets, gah....X_x
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-20 14:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Everday I have a noob moment. Just pick a situation and I've done something.
 Siren.Drave
Server: Siren
user: Drd
By Siren.Drave 2009-10-20 14:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

i got one to top every last year i was in the dunes and this war said he wasnt using voke because he wasn't wasting his two-hour let me tell you how fun that was even more so when he found out that mighty strikes was his 2hr later in the party he goes"hmm why does mighty strike have a 1:something hrs left on it"
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-10-20 14:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

many times up in sky i would unbind a bound mob (usually Seiryu) by using an elemental shot. You see what happened was i have a macro for each shot and a different setup for them with a /wait between the gear swap and the shot. More often than not, right after i hit the macro to switch gear, he 2hrs, someone binds him, and my shot goes off..
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-10-20 14:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Drave said:
i got one to top every last year i was in the dunes and this war said he wasnt using voke because he wasn't wasting his two-hour let me tell you how fun that was even more so when he found out that mighty strikes was his 2hr later in the party he goes"hmm why does mighty strike have a 1:something hrs left on it"

wow...i have one similar. Last night, I was in valkurm for no apparent reason. I was Sam/war. I receive a tell asking me what Provoke does. I explain. His response went something like "What a stupid ability. If I take damage I will die....why do I have this if its just going to kill me?"
 Unicorn.Boyaci
Server: Unicorn
user: Boyaci
By Unicorn.Boyaci 2009-10-20 14:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I mistakenly used Scroll of Instant Retrace instead of Scroll of Reraise at the start of two consecutive Salvage runs.

Needless to say, the group stopped running at all shortly after because "OMG, if our healer doesn't want to be here, why should I?" >.>
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-10-20 14:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend just reminded me of something stupid i did a few years back. I was a 60 DRK in valkurm fishing by the pop NM spawn. This was before the introduction of the bot gobs. I kneeled to rest because I was pulling up everything due to shear boredom. I fell asleep. I woke up 2 hrs later dead, deleveled and with about 4 people standing around me laughing. Pop NMs had killed me while people watched lol
 Unicorn.Boyaci
Server: Unicorn
user: Boyaci
By Unicorn.Boyaci 2009-10-20 14:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:
wow...i have one similar. Last night, I was in valkurm for no apparent reason. I was Sam/war. I receive a tell asking me what Provoke does. I explain. His response went something like "What a stupid ability. If I take damage I will die....why do I have this if its just going to kill me?"

Not quite the same, but I ran across a new WAR with no sub about a year ago in Valk. that refused to Provoke because he didn't want the ability to "run out". Apparently, someone had told him (or he misunderstood) that the ability had limited uses.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-10-20 15:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The infamous Tele Yhoat mid byakko a certain somebody did. They took the entire DD pt with them.

Me personally, I do or say something stupid all the time. Was helping my nyzul perma get some assaults done on sunday because they need captain still, I forgot reraise and I was on whm 8(

I forgot reraise in salvage once also. Silver sea remnants, fomor pulls to pop hammerblow..Im main healing on whm, forgot rr and pulled hate on an unclaimed fomor >3 and died. My brd was soooo pissed at me lool.

I once killed us all on some salvage boss also. Our mnk tank was dieing, I meant to cureV, I hit regen1 instead.

and I might have magic aggro'd gears on rampart pull to pop Citadel Chelonian more then once too.
 Ramuh.Caromie
user: Caromie
By Ramuh.Caromie 2009-10-20 16:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

One of my best was when I was waiting around for besieged to begin, and figured I'd skill up my enhancing while waiting. So.. I begin to roll through my barspells, and nicely hit Teleport something, not noticing that it was taking a long time to cast, off I went... luckily I'd already stepped away from my party buddies so I wouldn't spam them with my spells (so they weren't taken with me). They thought it was hilarious, as I typed "oh no" right before zoning.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-20 16:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

In sky for the first time I run by and aggro almost every groundskeeper in the place lol XD
 Ragnarok.Kukukues
user: kukukues
By Ragnarok.Kukukues 2009-10-20 16:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

too be honest this is the only forum i respond to or use, and i have started the topic to remind everyone we were all noobs one time ago no matter what
 Ramuh.Caromie
user: Caromie
By Ramuh.Caromie 2009-10-20 16:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Kukukues said:
too be honest this is the only forum i respond to or use, and i have started the topic to remind everyone we were all noobs one time ago no matter what

I've been playing for a few years now and seem to have a noob moment at least once a week (on varying scales), but I am just a bit ditzy sometimes in rl too (eg, opened my car door this morning and cracked my head on it)
 Ramuh.Lucried
user: Lucried
By Ramuh.Lucried 2009-10-20 16:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

well cant think of any noob moments from me offhand worth mentioning but i do know a certain dynamis leader that this forums practically written for. <3

so far to date he has...

1 tele vahzled the tank pt mid run

2 given me the only hourglass in dynamis bubu.

3 countless other things haha

great guy good times had by all.
First Page 2