Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 239 240
 Lakshmi.Haaydee
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Haaydee 2024-04-24 09:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Tomahawk help increase damage of the susceptible damage type for T3+ V25 fights? As in would it increase Pierce damage against say Arebati or Slash damage against Mboze? And if so, what is the theoretical increase %? I was under the assumption that it only helped the non-susceptible damage types (i.e the damage types a mob would be immune against).
By Shadoni 2024-04-24 10:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

it reduces the -25% damage taken they have at V25 AFAIK
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-24 10:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

For clarity it's 25% multiplicatively, not additively. It's agnostic of what kind of damage reduction it is and reduces resistance to every main physical damage type and magic (not sure about spirit/breath)
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2024-04-24 10:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Haaydee said: »
Does Tomahawk help increase damage of the susceptible damage type for T3+ V25 fights? As in would it increase Pierce damage against say Arebati or Slash damage against Mboze? And if so, what is the theoretical increase %? I was under the assumption that it only helped the non-susceptible damage types (i.e the damage types a mob would be immune against).

There are two effects, the first is well known, the second not so much.

The first is the -25% to the monsters SDT values. If the monster has -75% from blunt then it becomes -75 * 0.75 = -56.25 to blunt damage. If it's -50% from slashing, then it becomes -50 * 0.75 = -37.5 to slashing.

The second effect is that it reduces those special cumulative damage wall effects similar to and stacks with rayke. This secondary effect is very useful on bosses that do the whole "consecutive uses of the same weapon skill reduce damage" BS.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2024-05-03 19:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

tomahawk is -30% with merits / feet
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 239 240