Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-02-14 07:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious on how people couple up the RNG and COR on KI#2

Chaos+STP?

Which weapons/ws for cor and rng, we have the tanking down good but DPS doesnt seem near enough. does the COR just wildfire up and shoot? then the RNG does coronach > slug shot?

we got it to 40% with about 4 min left and only managed to get it to 37%, seemed to only come down with double shot on, was using Gandiva and only WSing to put up AM3
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-14 08:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The post immediately before yours is a description of someone who beat Arebati, including which weapons, WS, and DPS numbers they had. There's also another post on the same page about Arebati strategy, and probably another one (I stopped reading at that point). There have been no fewer than 5 groups posting their strategy and setups for that fight.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2023-02-15 18:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This was a few weeks ago but..........................

Regarding Bumba V25, we had an idea/theory that the mechanics of the fight regarding his usage of fetters at timed intervals (1 min after aggro at V25) of which we can confirm of their reoccurance throughout the fight will occur after procing blue 1 minute later.

Theory: Bumba will only 'choose' Multistep skillchain, critical hits, magic burst, or timed WS once per battle.

BIG X

We used a TP denial strat to test our idea, just to see if this was plausible, and if he would only choose each iteration one time.

tl;dr He kept choosing MB the majority of the time. We're not sure of this was jsut random dumb luck or because our job setup was mostly mages. We got MB to proc fetters off 7-9 times? in one 15min session, and the number of MBs to remove fetter mode kept increasing. It was actually pretty silly. We removed/proced him 6 times or so with MBs. He also chose multistep SC a couple of times and our SCH dealt with that.

(Mind you we never actually saw fetters but HE WAS indeed in fetter mode every 60seconds)

Edit: Mischief thinks the whole fight is bugged. I feel like the whole community is just missing something. (Hell if i can even fathom wtf that is)
[+]
By Vaerix 2023-02-15 21:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
This was a few weeks ago but..........................

(Mind you we never actually saw fetters but HE WAS indeed in fetter mode every 60seconds)

Could just call it what the trigger is, chest complete mode vs chest broken mode, since that's what it is.
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2023-02-16 08:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

https://twitter.com/sho_ff11/status/1626221059048624132?t=O4o0bTfkKOnzJXSUhr8Ipg&s=19

Someones beat Bumba
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-16 08:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Womp womp guess you guys gotta get gooderer

Totally unrelated, everyone asked for a sch gearswap, and started buying sch gear. Again totally unrelated.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-02-16 09:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QqnPTiVTOs

Bumba v25 win
By SimonSes 2023-02-16 09:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

What I think they did:

1KI - Ooze and physical damage to get it to 74%

2KI - SCH RDM RUN BLU COR GEO

RUN tank/kite adds + does Rayke and Gambit
SCH does Kaustra and Helix(Im not sure if he does helix he does in 6:06) to reduce Bumba's HP as much as possible without boosting Bumba's DT (apparently Bumba's DT goes up in fetter mode if you do more than 10k damage and physical and magical DT builds up separately). So it's only helix(?) and Kaustra for a long time.
Then close to the end after applying another DoT, they start to do some WS, but im not sure if thats for damage or something else.
BLU tanks Bumba using Magic Barrier, hate spells and reset TP and does Tearing Gust to boost Kaustra.
GEO Acumen and indi-???
RDM Impact Frazzle Silence on Bumba and gravity/bind adds
COR Wizard roll and ???

Asura.Iamaman said: »

EDIT: Ups, looks like watching and analyzing the video took me some time. I started posting when there was no link :P

EDIT2:
I feel like the whole community is just missing something. (Hell if i can even fathom wtf that is)

Looks like you was right and it was Kaustra :)
[+]
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-02-16 10:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

81549 Kaustra from multistep Grav

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2023-02-16 10:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Volteczero said: »

Yeah then 75453 Kaustra
Then 32377 Kaustra, which was resisted, so he cast another one fast for 64875.
Then 13.6k helix at 12:31 (previous was ~12k at 6:06)
Then final Kaustra for 53610
Then some 58k Leaden I think and 40k Lunge(?) 44k Leaden, 26k Swipe(?), 2359 Laden, 3235 helix and it died.
By SimonSes 2023-02-16 10:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Asura.Volteczero said: »

If we ballpark 500 dark skill as an example and assume full duration thats just under 1 mil damage, defo more to the strat than that especially when they are a bit light on buffs.

There was multiply Kaustra being cast until very end (He got SP back with Wild card and this strategy is impossible without that reset). It was ticking whole fight and did like 80-90% of damage from 76% to ~5%. Rest was mostly Helix. Leaden and lunge/swipe were very minor damage at the end.
Also I wouldnt call that low on buff GEO+RUN+TearingGust(-30mdb)+COR. The only thing they are missing is like int songs.

97%+ of damage from 76%HP was from Kaustra and helix. It would be 99%, but he got that one resist and they lost 100k damage on 10 tics from that.
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-02-16 11:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Searing Tempest burn for -63 INT too just right before kaustra land
[+]
 Bismarck.Zubuis
Server: Bismarck
user: Zubuis
By Bismarck.Zubuis 2023-02-16 15:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

What I think they did:

SCH does Kaustra and Helix(Im not sure if he does helix he does in 6:06) to reduce Bumba's HP as much as possible without boosting Bumba's DT (apparently Bumba's DT goes up in fetter mode if you do more than 10k damage and physical and magical DT builds up separately). So it's only helix(?) and Kaustra for a long time.
Then close to the end after applying another DoT, they start to do some WS, but im not sure if thats for damage or something else.
BLU tanks Bumba using Magic Barrier, hate spells and reset TP and does Tearing Gust to boost Kaustra.
GEO Acumen and indi-???
COR Wizard roll and ???

EDIT: Ups, looks like watching and analyzing the video took me some time. I started posting when there was no link :P

EDIT2:
I feel like the whole community is just missing something. (Hell if i can even fathom wtf that is)

What an incredibly fun looking fight (sarcasm)
[+]
By Serjero 2023-02-16 16:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess every time SE wants to make an AV situation, players will find AV solutions. Hopefully they don't irreparably nerf SCH into the ground, again.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-16 16:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Serjero said: »
Guess every time SE wants to make an AV situation, players will find AV solutions. Hopefully they don't irreparably nerf SCH into the ground, again.

Kaustra is already being added to the list of nerfed abilities on all new content.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-02-16 17:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Emergency maintenance inc like
"An issue wherein SCHs were being used to cause damage was addressed."
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2023-02-16 17:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Emergency maintenance inc like
"An issue wherein SCHs were being used to cause damage was addressed."
we'll still have Sortie, I guess XD
 Asura.Alseyn
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2023-02-16 17:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Video captions - just translating them as they appear.

Quote:
This is a Bumba V25 clear using the 2-fight method.

For the first fight, we use physical damage to wear the boss down.
Comp: WAR MNK DRG BST BRD WHM
After Purulent Ooze HP Down at the start, the BST also melee attacks.

We use the same method to wear the boss down as we use in fights up to V20.
In V25, it takes about one minute until scales regenerate.

Because of the WS wall, only WAR and BRD use Savage Blade. MNK uses Dragon Kick. DRG uses Camlann's. BST uses Calamity.

As gimmick unique to V25, use of SPs regenerate scales regardless of elapsed time. So no matter how quickly you wear the boss down, they'll regenerate.

It seems that after regenerating scales, the boss gains DT, and when you exceed over approx. 10,000 damage dealt, its DT goes up by about 0.75.

This resistance is separate for PDT and MDT, so in preparation for the second fight, we use a composition that doesn't produce skillchains to wear the boss down.

The goal for the first fight is to wear the boss down until we can make it use the first SP.

We wiped to Denounce, but cleared our goal.

From here is the second fight. It's an elemental magic composition.

Comp: RUN SCH BLU COR GEO RDM
We have a RUN but the tank for Bumba is the BLU. The RUN is there for Gambit and holding the add.

Because the physical and magic resistances are separate, there's no problem building up a resistance to physical in the first fight.

Because we got the boss to 75% or lower in the first fight, it will use an SP at the beginning of this fight, so we'll be starting with the scales regenerated.

As such, for the second fight we'll be buffing damage-over-time as much as we can, defeating the boss before it gets resistant by limiting the number of times it receives the initial hits from spells.

In other words, it's full support for Kaustra.

RDM applies Impact at the start, then Frazzle and Silence.

RUN's Gambit will pull hate on Bumba, so SCH immediately uses Caper to transfer hate to the BLU. From then on, the RUN holds the add.

Aside from Impact, support for Kaustra:
RUN Gambit, BLU Tearing Gust + Searing Tempest (Burn), Bolster Geo-INT, Indi-Acumen, Wizard's Roll.
The SCH uses Immanence multistep skillchains to extend the multiplier.

This is the strongest add, a Razz. Yikes.

BLU keeps up Magic Barrier and maintains enmity with hate spells, and Reaving Wind to lock down Bumba's TP moves.

We've landed a 81549 damage Kaustra.

Using Kaustra and Helix only, we wear down the boss, minimizing initial hits as much as possible.

RUN hasn't used any JAs but Gambit since they need to get it back from Random Deal, so they're having a pretty tough time with the Razz at the start.

At the end of the skillchain, we cast Kaustra again. The damage has gone down since the boss has gained resistance.

Wild Card was successful, so when this Kaustra wears off, we'll do another Kaustra from the next Tabula Rasa.

Kaustra ate a half-resist, so we reapply it immediately.

When the final Kaustra is on, we wear down the boss using Immanence Distortion into Leaden Salute.

RUN applies Rayke, and BLU uses Unbridled Wisdom to apply Tearing Gust.

Other jobs use weapon skills after Leaden Salute to deal with the WS wall.

We finally win!
[+]
By macsdf1 2023-02-16 21:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So.... anyone test kaustra on the other guys?
By Draylo 2023-02-16 22:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zubuis said: »
SimonSes said: »

What I think they did:

GEO Acumen and indi-???
COR Wizard roll and ???

EDIT2:

What an incredibly fun looking fight (sarcasm)

What an insightful and thought provoking post
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2023-02-17 00:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said: »

The original 'bumba' iteration was weak to darkness. That's the Sinester Reign Version. Bumba himself always took high Leaden and Death Damage. The lolsavage strat just made it mindless and lazy to clear lower venges. Minldess because u don't need to pay attention to the element bumba chooses and u can just avoid the mechanic by not doing skillchains. Fragmentation WS are just stronger in general than others. The first wins did not involve this savage strat on v0-v15.

NONE of the other T3s are weak to darkness elementa specifically. Kaustra would not work........ Maybe test it and let us know................
By Serjero 2023-02-17 01:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So correct me if I'm wrong about this but doesn't Bumba randomly change what element he absorbs? If so that means this fight requires:
1) WC reset of 5 or 6
2) Element to never move to darkness (or dark aligned)
3) Not get MAB or MACC down aura
4) Get proccable auras.

Also if you can get two of the same add double Raaz might be GG as well.

At this point SE might as well just add the clears to Bonanza.

On the plus side the amount of attempts needed to get everything aligned means people most likely be done farming points by the end of it.
 Bahamut.Butmunch
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2023-02-17 01:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The original 'bumba' iteration was weak to darkness. That's the Sinester Reign Version. Bumba himself always took high Leaden and Death Damage. The lolsavage strat just made it mindless and lazy to clear lower venges. Minldess because u don't need to pay attention to the element bumba chooses and u can just avoid the mechanic by not doing skillchains. Fragmentation WS are just stronger in general than others. The first wins did not involve this savage strat on v0-v15.

NONE of the other T3s are weak to darkness elementa specifically. Kaustra would not work........ Maybe test it and let us know................

know for sure it dont work on ongo think my highist was 2k
By SimonSes 2023-02-17 01:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Serjero said: »
this fight requires:
1) WC reset of 5 or 6
2) Element to never move to darkness (or dark aligned)
3) Not get MAB or MACC down aura
4) Get proccable auras.

1. Yes
2. This mechanic is probably shut down during fetter mode and it's in fetter mode for the whole 2nd KI fight.
3. Yes
4. No, you never proc the auras
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-17 07:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's worth noting that with relic boots, probability of a 5 or 6 is 37.5%, it's not exactly the hail mary, cross your fingers and hope that people may think it is. Obviously it sucks to have to rely on luck to win the fight (probably) but it's not a 5% chance or anything.

I'm not sure offhand how many auras there are: MAB, Macc, defense, attack, meva? So 36% chance to not get macc or MAB with either aura proc?

Gives you a 13.5% chance to get a WC 5/6 and get two auras you're after. Sucks to have to get lucky AND play well, that's FFXI for ya, but doing ~10 fights to clear the hardest fight in the entire game by a mile doesn't seem so bad, especially when people have millions of segments and the fight takes 30 minutes.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2023-02-17 09:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Does literally 0 to Arebati/Mboze/Kalunga/Xevioso/Ngai and gets a nearly guaranteed 1/16 resist on Ongo. Maybe you could get a 5-10k Kaustra on Ongo with darkness Rayke.
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-02-17 09:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious how Kaustra does on the adds. They don't share the same vulnerabilities as their A2 counterparts right?
 Bismarck.Zubuis
Server: Bismarck
user: Zubuis
By Bismarck.Zubuis 2023-02-17 10:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

What an insightful and thought provoking post

I just dont think one of the strongest groups (Xolla) should have to use a gimmicky strategy to beat a gimmicky designed fight. I just dont think its well designed content. Just my opinion. Nice to see someone win though.
[+]
By zixxer 2023-02-18 01:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alseyn said: »
Video captions - just translating them as they appear.

You're a national treasure.
First Page 2 3 ... 223 224 225 ... 238 239 240