ah yes that's the one! thank youuu
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-01-05 16:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
Tathamet said: »
I recall seeing a breakdown somewhere of the segments and gil earned per mob/halo/NM for each Odyssey zone. It was like a one-pager reference; looked like a screenshot from a spreadsheet. I didn't see it on BG, so must have came from here.

Anyone know what I'm referring to and have it handy? Trying to map out the optimal path for maximizing gil or segments depending on needs.

Buukki made this one for Sheol C, if this is what you are referring to.

If by "made" you mean "copied it from a Japanese tweet and badly translated/calculated a good chunk of the data that nobody up to this point had seemingly noticed", then yes, I "made"it.

I cringe every single time y'all share that because of all the errors, but nobody seems to care. It's helpful as a general outline though.

Edit: actually that one has corrected most of the errors on the original so it's actually not that bad
[+]
 Bahamut.Skald
Server: Bahamut
user: Jimmyjazz
By Bahamut.Skald 2023-01-08 23:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

We got our Ngai down tonight, MNK PUP GEO BRD COR WHM.

Talk about rng, getting meva or def down auras ended a lot a lot a lot of runs with a guillotine dunk on the MNK or PUP. We lost count but somewhere in the 20-somethingth attempt.

HM MIN MIN Scherzo Carol2, Indi Barrier, Geo Fury.
On PUP I took Carol1 and Minne in place of Minuets.

MNK did Verethragna things and Godhands things for Impetus/Footwork. PUP did Howling and Shijin things, GEO did Black Halo things.

Add control was ultra clean in the best case scenario where add popped on the PUP, Ventriloquy'd and tucked away in the corner, ideally avoiding having Ngai on PUP at 75 and 40 thresholds.

Deploying on second add after Ventriloquy and Heady Artifice Benediction to cement hate. Automaton held both without issue, gearing solely for master survival and dps contribution, 0 pet DT in gear. Compensated with attachments, Armor Plates III+IV, Mana Jammer III+IV, Steam Jacket and the usual under Soulsoother/Valoredge.

Magic accuracy down 75%, Attack down 40%
Wildcard was a 6
Damage spread 60/30/10 MNK/PUP/GEO
3 Verves
0:44 left on the clock at kill.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-01-09 02:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm very happy to hear someone used PUP for Ngai. Seems like the perfect job to fit in that fight, I had mentioned this a few times to some players. You just need someone good enough on the job to get fantastic use out of it. Grats!
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-01-09 03:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I'm very happy to hear someone used PUP for Ngai. Seems like the perfect job to fit in that fight, I had mentioned this a few times to some players. You just need someone good enough on the job to get fantastic use out of it. Grats!

Pup on Ngai was actually very popular. It's just lack of players with PUP that hold more groups doing it.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-01-09 03:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Skald said: »
Heady Artifice Benediction

Any reason for this over using valoredge head and Invincible?

Also Congrats:)
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2023-01-09 07:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The issues is finding a good PUP who knows how to manipulate the robot into various roles and situations.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-01-09 07:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

we used a PUP for our V15 clear back in the day, I think the only difference is we used one instead of GEO and included a warrior instead, but I don't know of any good ones nowadays, so i haven't used one in recent runs.
 Bahamut.Skald
By Bahamut.Skald 2023-01-09 11:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

It would be a loss in Water and Light capacity, losing Optic Fiber I and precluding both Mana Jammer. The main idea going in was Automaton survival with little to no upkeep needed beyond maneuvers so that was the loadout I went with from the start.

Additionally, Benediction going off was useful in the times where Ngai was on me at second add pop or I had been punctured just prior. We coordinated a short road trip to camp puppet close enough so that I may deploy, sometimes dragging the shark 10 yalms or so. Heals are very hectic in those situations and the Benediction was a welcome bonus.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Armaddon
user: Hibiu
By Lakshmi.Armaddon 2023-01-09 12:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally getting started on T3... Has anyone found anything definite regarding mitigating Xevioso's Incisive Denouement? It *usually* doesn't cause us much grief but in 3 of 3 runs last night he'd one-shot at least one DPS every time, including one within like the first 30 seconds of fighting for about 3k against a WAR in full -DT with Scherzo up (it was literally the first TP attack it hit him with, so there was no dispel or Magic Defense Down debuff). Debating trying out Magus' Roll (MDB) to see if it prevents people from falling over dead, but kinda feels like it's mostly just a "keep trying til you don't get unlucky" thing.
By SimonSes 2023-01-09 13:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Skald said: »

It would be a loss in Water and Light capacity, losing Optic Fiber I and precluding both Mana Jammer. The main idea going in was Automaton survival with little to no upkeep needed beyond maneuvers so that was the loadout I went with from the start.

Additionally, Benediction going off was useful in the times where Ngai was on me at second add pop or I had been punctured just prior. We coordinated a short road trip to camp puppet close enough so that I may deploy, sometimes dragging the shark 10 yalms or so. Heals are very hectic in those situations and the Benediction was a welcome bonus.

Im not convinced.
Why would you lose Optic Fiber I? You have 9 light capacity and you dont need Flash Bulb. Valoredge head has -12.5%DT and soulsoother has none. ManaJammer IV+III with one water maneuver and OpticI+II and light maneuver should be 135MDB right? So it would reduce damage by ~57.5%
MJIV+I with OpticI+II and same maneuvers with valoredge head would be pretty much the same. Also you have Steam Jacket against magic damage anyway. Now PDT would be much better with valoredge and you could even add another Armor Plate or some other useful earth attachment.

Furthermore if you overdrive at at some point to have it up for second add and run away (so it wont affect Ngai) and use fire+light maneuver and do Invincible it will generate 21600 VE enmity on both adds, which should secure hate on them for the rest of the fight with easy, regardless of hate levels when the adds spawned (if you would get hate reset shortly before second add pop, you would transfer very little hate to automaton and take all the hate against first automaton, which would probably result in one add finally loosing hate on automaton. Has nothing like that happened in those 20 attempts?).

So overall I think Valoredge would still let automaton to be self sufficient and would make securing hate easier, but I could be wrong I guess.
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-01-09 13:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like Arebati v25 finally defeated
https://twitter.com/kompakt_odin/status/1612453164124606466
https://twitter.com/ff11377/status/1612467575199522817
[+]
By Taint 2023-01-09 14:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The must have zoomed in on the text and got him stuck on a wall.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-01-09 14:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The Japanese are not afraid to drop their ego and do 2-phone runs.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-01-09 14:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It sounds like they just did a 2 team setup. First setup was a melee build and the second was the ranged strat we've been using up to this point. They mention both armageddon and gandiva in the post.
By SimonSes 2023-01-09 14:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh
Gandiva. I told ya.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-01-09 14:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melliny said: »
It sounds like they just did a 2 team setup. First setup was a melee build and the second was the ranged strat we've been using up to this point. They mention both armageddon and gandiva in the post.

Annihilator until 40% then Gandiva. I see nothing about Armageddon, unless you mean on Cor.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-01-09 14:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I have made the mistake on V20 Arebati of using Annihilator + Coronach while the COR used Last Stand. On paper, it seems fine, until you accidentally heal arebati for 99k darkness SC during aura from COR Last Stand. Oof. Since you can't double up on the same WS due to wall, and the dps check is high, Gandiva makes a lot of sense. The only other good option for non Gandiva owners would be Detonator. If you're going to use Anni+Coronach, be careful not to SC heal during aura it and ruin your run >.<
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-01-09 14:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melliny said: »
First setup was a melee build

Melee + TP denial setup from what i can tell.
 Asura.Auxtaru
user: Auxtaru
By Asura.Auxtaru 2023-01-09 15:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Anni Coronach and Last Stand will make light, so that should be okay. It's the back to back Coronach darkness that will heal him for 99k, or potentially going after a COR uses Wildfire to put up AM3. I have used Anni until 75% then switch to Arma at 75% onwards, now it looks like Gandiva will finally get some love.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-01-09 15:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh right, that's what it was. My memory was foggy. So yeah, in a few fights, I ended up outpacing a COR when his TS was down and my DS was up, and I would Coronach x2 and self Darkness during aura. It was painful to see. I ended up having to wait a bit longer and overtp to not have that happen, but i still ended up doing it when I got into a rotation of dumping tp. It was something unfortunate that I always tried to keep in mind going forward, but had misremembered the exact details. Thanks for the clarification.

Just something to keep in mind to avoid.

btw, people laughed at me whenever i pulled out my Gandiva for this fight.
 Asura.Auxtaru
user: Auxtaru
By Asura.Auxtaru 2023-01-09 15:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, yeah, it's an "ask me how I know" moment for me too hah Bit worried because Jishnu's mid WS sets are far squishier than Last Stand if those adds happen to come at us, but we'll see.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-09 15:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I always prefer gandiva, the reason it gets no use is it's impossible to not pull enmity.

(obviously not going to switch weapons back and forth, that's for tryhards)
By SimonSes 2023-01-09 15:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Auxtaru said: »
Oh, yeah, it's an "ask me how I know" moment for me too hah Bit worried because Jishnu's mid WS sets are far squishier than Last Stand if those adds happen to come at us, but we'll see.

It's RUN PLD GEO COR RNG BRD
PLD is holding 2 adds with Duban and main heal. There is no adds to be worry about.

only other good option for non Gandiva owners would be Detonator.

There is nothing close to Gandiva for this fight like I said before this info even comes up. You can use true shot with Gandiva which means it beats everything by miles and it's actually needed to outpace Regen.
You need to understand that if Regen is lets say 10k per sec and you do 12k with let's say detonator and Armageddon AM3 and 14k with gandiva and jishnu, it might only be 16.6% higher DPS (14k from 12k), but it's 100% higher DPS above Regen (4k from 2k).
 Bahamut.Skald
By Bahamut.Skald 2023-01-09 15:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So overall I think Valoredge would still let automaton to be self sufficient and would make securing hate easier, but I could be wrong I guess.
I was not trying to convince nor imply you were wrong.

But firstly, Ventriloquy enmity transfer occurs only on the target Ventriloquy is performed on. So in the case of Ventriloquy performed on second add there is no consequence regarding the first add.

There were 3 general outcomes when adds were popped. We made best attempts to have scenario #1 by PUP turning or pushing damage before the threshold. Between punctures it was a juggle and we simply adjusted as best we could on the fly.

1) where add pops on PUP, ezpz Ventriloquy, PUP positions it away and deploys.
2) where add pops on GEO or MNK, Ngai is on GEO or MNK, GEO or MNK runs it away, puppet gets deployed
3) where add pops on GEO or MNK, Ngai is on PUP, if no immediate puncture then GEO or MNK runs it away, PUP drags Ngai close enough to deploy before returning to position.

Obviously #3 was the suck and greatest time sink while being the most dangerous.

Making the transitions as quick and stress free as possible was the ultimate goal for bringing PUP and to that point having access to Flashbulb, most certainly for 75%, in the event that add popped to GEO or MNK is something I wanted to have in the pocket.

In the end we had only a couple of runs that failed due to add issues and only one of which occurred (which I still cannot explain) due to a hate issue where 2nd add peeled off the puppet and took little Serenade and 1st add for a walk.

Besides the one wonky issue (wonky game, I say!) in all the attempts once the adds were settled they were settled for the run. Automaton survived easily with maneuver upkeep. Flash, Strobe and Benediction were enough to grab the add when needed. Although retention was never a problem the chonky spike from an Invincible is a good discussion for when add scenario is not optimal to possibly grab it sooner.
[+]
By Taint 2023-01-09 17:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

All the Rangers right now:

Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-09 18:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

Make them lemmings and it would be much more accurate
By Bakerboy 2023-01-10 21:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Got Arebati to 3% but I’m a casual and had to work. Hoping for the kill tomorrow :( will share strat when we clear. Strat provided in detail by Bigtymer later in this thread.
[+]
 Bahamut.Melia
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Melia 2023-01-11 05:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

My time has come
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-01-12 13:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone had issues hitting the proc vs Ngai for the 3rd time?

We were really consistently hitting it every time the first two procs, but the 3rd was always a miss, even if our timing was perfect according to the logs. Do we know if the WS has to do damage in order for the proc to go off?

We did try using Tomahawk prior to the 3rd window but still were having some issues.
First Page 2 3 ... 213 214 215 ... 240 241 242