Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 210 211 212 ... 242 243 244
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-28 15:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I just didn't include BST in my setup above because of the team I run with, I was the only person who had NIN + BST, so I left BST out to fit other jobs people had. Still, I think it would work the way Aramith or I did it, just need the people to also have the jobs available to soften up.

Along the lines of BLU, you can replace Chain Affinity with Azure Lore. Depending on if Blood Pacts were walled, I had the idea that BLU could create non-stop darkness skillchain with Azure Lore doing a 2-step Darkness, and a SMN could burn AFAC Night Terror during this window. You would be able to get the bulk of your damage off on Ongo early. I know using 1hrs on the first run seems like a bad idea, but you get 15 minutes per fight attempt, plus 15 minutes in the lobby. You can actually use the lobby plus 2 full phones (45min total) to milk time and refill your SPs so it is ready for the real fight on phone 3. So if you plan on using 3 phones, there is no real reason not to SP on first run attempt.
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-12-28 20:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cleared Ongo v25 tonight, took quite a few tries 7? or 8 maybe.

Parse

Once we got in sync with skillchains and our plan we really think the only death aura is MAB down from 40->0. We had MAB down from 75->40 a couple times and its definetely beat able with that. You can power through mab down(75%-40%) with RUN+BLM ja/sp's

Also think a WC reset for Tabula Rusa with the way we did it was necessary for the win. Of course the manafont/subtle sorc/es/bolster also made things nicer as well.
BLM(ML43) Nuke set used:
ItemSet 389243

EDIT: BLM point of view.
Prep:5/5 earth merit, macc food crepe, make sure your FC set is 80% since no /sj. party bazaared Vile Elixir+1's Recoverburst(AF Coat) @35% MP
(buffs- hm/etude/etude/ballad/minne/sandstorm2/wizard/tact(for dd tp)/klima(maybe at start)
Dont blow uncessary JA like manawall/cascade/enmity douse, so you get your ES/manawell back with RD

Open with Vido for MDB down, instantly into ES>Manawell>Impact(the sc is already started as I am casting this) it will last 3 min.
RUN Gambit first SC
RUN Rayke second SC
after 3 total SCs; you should have it to 75% for the first 1hour, our time varied 11:30-12:00 min on clock.
Nuking per SC looked like stoneja/t6/t5/t4/t3/t2

During Scherzo SCH clicks over to LA and rebuffs embrava,
Once Scherzo is done, SCH starts skillchains back up, as first SC about to land bolster malaise/acumen entrust-int

BLM hold manafont/subtle until RUN's next Gambit/Rayke, especially if you have MAB down aura, you will need to couple these up to push it down effectively, this is the meat of the time of the battle, SCH will need RD for his books, everyone is getting in for RD. Bard for Nitro for Earth Threnody, Geo for entrust, everyone.

Repply ES impact as SCH restarting from RD, Chugging the ***out of Vile Elixir+1's the entire time

Hold it at approx 40-42% gather for wild card. Once wild card is done and everyone is back away proc it down for 40% and this is where it gets dicey with 2x adds. As long as you dont have MAB auro down, this is winnable. Burn always seem to land after the 2nd 1hour. We had about 3-5 min on the clock at this phase depending on if we had MAB down during 75-40. You must fully utilize the Rayke properly to get the last charge down.

COR will be pulling hate on the adds from rolling and RD seems to generate quite the enmity so be prepared for your COR to get smacked.

Tried to keep the color to BLM perspective on the fight but obviously there is tons going on. Everyone needs the proper JA gear ie: extended soulvoice/tabula/manafont, those things really make the difference.

TLDR& RIDE THE RAYKE!

One of the most fun battles I have had in recent memory.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-12-28 20:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Gratz, what a shame most won't even attempt it. Yet they claim retail is "too ez solo w/trusts"
[+]
 Bahamut.Galakar
Server: Bahamut
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2022-12-29 01:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, really nice. Congratulations.

Were you using Impact or Burn on it for the INT Down effect?
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-12-29 04:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Galakar said: »

Es used strictly on impact.
Impact on v25 should be 445*.2= -89 INT for 3 min

Burn was stubborn to land but occasionally did. FWIW it always seem to land right after the 2nd 1hour at 39-40% I was seeing decent duration on burn when it did land, even without ES. Nukes with burn and Impact on we’re clearly doing more damage. But really you have maybe 2x chances to cast Burn between last stage of MB and the second step coming for the next skillchain.

I will go back and edit my post later with all the questions I’ve had
[+]
 Bahamut.Galakar
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2022-12-29 04:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Bahamut.Galakar said: »

Es used strictly on impact.
Impact on v25 should be 445*.2= -89 INT for 3 min

Burn was stubborn to land but occasionally did. FWIW it always seem to land right after the 2nd 1hour at 39-40% I was seeing decent duration on burn when it did land, even without ES. Nukes with burn and Impact on we’re clearly doing more damage. But really you have maybe 2x chances to cast Burn between last stage of MB and the second step coming for the next skillchain.

I will go back and edit my post later with all the questions I’ve had

Thanks for the information!
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2022-12-29 06:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it worth Fire Shotting the burn before resuming to Earth Shot the nuke? its an additional -4 or -6 (if you do it twice) INT. In the grand scheme maybe that'd lower resistance enough to equal out to an earth shots boost? just curious if anyone bothers to do it or even test
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-12-29 06:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Is it worth Fire Shotting the burn before resuming to Earth Shot the nuke? its an additional -4 or -6 (if you do it twice) INT. In the grand scheme maybe that'd lower resistance enough to equal out to an earth shots boost? just curious if anyone bothers to do it or even test
IMO, no, earth shot your *** off, the burn is not 100% going to land anyway. The cor will be earth shotting for Tp build. I told them to try to keep all their earth shots inside the skillchain. Earth shot makes ALOT of difference on the nukes. My highest nuke by far was a 98k and I must of slid in right after an Earth shot.

Nukes are all over the board MAB down aura 5-15k. no mab/macc aura with rayke 40-75k. I think as long as you have Earth Threnody II the Magic acc Aura isnt a crusher, probably wont be landing Burn though hah.
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
Server: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-12-29 13:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is a short guide on kiting Gigelorum for anybody having trouble with him. This method made him fairly trivial. Cats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA6xDc3p3HI&lc=UgzDCDJudU66PMokqBV4AaABAg
[+]
By Lilllith 2022-12-30 17:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Any group tried Arebati and Mboze V25? What have been your experiences?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-12-30 18:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Tried Kalunga tonight with the plan of using 2 KIs. First comp was nin pld blu rdm sch geo. Intention was to get to 75 or lower but man doing any kind of damage was a real challenge. Had armour break dia3 and Idris fury but we barely got to 80% in 10 mins before ***started to go wrong. The buffs required to do real damage are the buffs required to kill. Multi KI doesnt feel feasible at all.
Yeah, this has pretty much been my experience. You must be buffed to the moon to make any sort of dent in T3 NM's HP. Theorycrafted strategies that have you dealing 25% and then killing an add just do not seem feasible to me within 15 minutes with the amount of buffs needed. Kalunga especially is one that I would not want to two-phone, as every Blistering Roar in the first fight is going to make every Blistering Roar in the second fight that much harder to deal with.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-30 19:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried Kalunga tonight with the plan of using 2 KIs. First comp was nin pld blu rdm sch geo. Intention was to get to 75 or lower but man doing any kind of damage was a real challenge. Had armour break dia3 and Idris fury but we barely got to 80% in 10 mins before ***started to go wrong. The buffs required to do real damage are the buffs required to kill. Multi KI doesnt feel feasible at all.

Something else was really wrong, that is more then sufficient damage to knock off 25% within the 12~13 minutes you have to fight it. Was everyone spamming Savage or something? Remember on the next entrance it'll have within 5% of it's previous lowest HP, so anything you knock off is that much less the full team has to deal with.
By SimonSes 2022-12-30 19:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You maybe had too many people hitting it for low damage, feeding tons of TP and it was spamming stoneskin tp move. Also I would drop geo, you want into team A.

Team B should be like DNC, BST, RDM, BLU, tank, SCH

Corrosive + Box Step + Dia III is ~76% def down, which should put ratio pretty high. DNC should only hit to give haste samba and debuff with steps and use daggers to do 0 damage and don't feed TP. BLU Expiacion(Tizona), RDM Savage(Naegling) and BST Mistral(Ikenga). Haste II + Mighty Guard to cap magic haste Embrava when Might Guard is off to keep capped haste. Killer Instinct to buff damage further. All possible debuffs from RDM.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-12-30 20:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Purulent Ooze by itself does 10% if used at the start, and it can land on Kalunga with some effort; after that lands you only need to do 15% to get it to the 75% mark. It helps if BST is on a job that doesn't need SP2 on the real run, like the GEO.
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2022-12-30 22:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can bring RUN along with BST, rayke helps landing purulent easily on kalunga

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2022-12-31 05:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Something else was really wrong, that is more then sufficient damage to knock off 25% within the 12~13 minutes you have to fight it. Was everyone spamming Savage or something? Remember on the next entrance it'll have within 5% of it's previous lowest HP, so anything you knock off is that much less the full team has to deal with.

No one was using Savage, PLD was on Atonement, Nin on Shun/Ten, Blu on Expiacion making sure not to wall ourselves. Most of us struggled to break 10k til we decided to bolster. Not a case of too many people hitting it either, no more than would be in the main team. These T3s are just tanky AF.

Sounds like armor break didnt land.

Fury is nothing compered to def down effects I listed.

Lets say Kalunga has like 2000 def and you had 1500 attack base on BLU and NIN.
Dia III would be ~1600DEF
Bog+EA Fury would put you at ~3100 attack+food (BLU with Neture's at 3480)

That means NIN would be around 2.0 cRatio and BLU maybe around 2.2

With -76%def Kalunga goes down to 480 def
BLU is at 1875+food, which would be 4.09, so capped pdif.
BST can use rage, since there is no physical AoE and it will never pull hate, so BST would be easily at cap.
RDM should also be capped with Naegling.
You then will also have Killer Instinct and BST who will take double advantage from it with +3 empy body.
Ofc its possible Kalunga has even more def and you wont be capped, but you should still be in pretty good spot and you can save GEO for team A.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-31 09:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

No one was using Savage, PLD was on Atonement, Nin on Shun/Ten, Blu on Expiacion making sure not to wall ourselves. Most of us struggled to break 10k til we decided to bolster. Not a case of too many people hitting it either, no more than would be in the main team. These T3s are just tanky AF.

So no one was using your strongest WS with your strongest attack boosting weapon, at least one person should be on it but not everyone. Also sounds like you weren't stacking defense down. Dia III + Frailty + Sweeping Gouge should be been more then enough to hit higher numbers. The real solution is to use a BST as Geriond mentioned, -33% defense will stack with the existing Dia / Frailty / Sweeping and it can remove 10% HP immediately.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-12-31 09:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilllith said: »
Any group tried Arebati and Mboze V25? What have been your experiences?

They have not been killed anywhere yet. Mboze is probably doable with 2 KI, but Arebati is likely impossible and I smell a nerf coming. (we have not tried them, we're still trying to get through Ngai.)

Ngai is a *** ***.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-12-31 10:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
but Arebati is likely impossible

Why would you think that? The damage wasn't usually a problem on V20, It was one of the fastest A3. Unless maybe if you weren't using GEO and you tried to CC pig with RDM. Unless you mean that 2 pigs will kill everyone? I think it should be ok. You can Caper at 41% just before 2nd pig comes out to reset hate from RNG and COR and then BRD can hold 2nd pig with Gallant+Barrier+Minne IV+V. Other people should be fine with 1 pig in the wild with Bolster Barrier+MinneV. You can also use shadowbind few times.

Its also one of the easiest A3 to push to 75% on first KI I think? DNC can debuff it and Climactic Rudra. RDM can debuff and Dia III and TP/WS with Ullr. DRG can Angon and TP with jumps and run in for Impulse Drive. THF can TP with ranged and run in to SA/TA Mandalic Stab.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-12-31 11:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

A few tricked out groups have reported that RNG + COR damage alone is insufficient to overcome the regen when 2 pets are out, even with a GEO.

I'm not going to say Arebati is impossible in general, but I think the RNG + COR method might be impossible without a strat that kills one of the Raaz.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-31 11:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Rua's group was able to use TP denial to get Arribati down to like 5% on V20, but he's kinda like Mboze where one TP move (Glassy Nova) just ends your day.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-31 12:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranger shooting strat should be the first phone setup. Second phone WAR tanks Arebati TP denial method and PLD heals and holds Adds.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-12-31 12:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I have done some Arebati runs but we mainly tried the old RNG strat, with a few different groups. I did a few RP runs on DNC also.

For the most part, you could pretty readily get it down below 70% with that strategy, but I don't think that they will be able to keep up with the regen once it kicks in, though. That's with the standard comp used to win v20.

IDK if that'll even be viable without a COR helping with damage and fully buffed out, though. The dps check on some of these is really significant without a lot of buffs. You can land Ooze on it, but it needs Rayke, although I've wondered if the Katon effect is strong enough to reduce his resistance enough to land it and NIN can use Tauret/Gleti to help push it down while getting some benefit from Subtle Blow. I admittedly don't know much about how the NIN elemental resist debuffs apply, what accuracy is required, if they have to do damage to work (they won't vs a v25 t3), or if it is enough to make it land.

I think there is also going to just be an element of luck that you don't get dispelled, I don't see many ways to deal enough damage and cut down on his TP moves to prevent him from using any TP moves at all.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-31 12:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Mboze and Arribati have such insane mechanics that the DPS checks under 40% might just not be doable. If either of them get TP they can do very bad things to anyone nearby, so it's either fight at range or use TP denial, both methods are low DPS methods.

I agree with Lex, we might be seeing a nerf sometime in the next month or two.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-12-31 12:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Ranger shooting strat should be the first phone setup. Second phone WAR tanks Arebati TP denial method and PLD heals and holds Adds.
This is pretty much what we're thinking, We just don;t think u can beat the DPS check with the 2nd KI. We'd LOVE to be proven wrong. Can't think of any possible setup that will kill a raaz either, and still have enough buffs/dps for the Main NM. Arebati has pretty much left everyone who has tried it scratching their heads from what I have seen. :/
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-12-31 12:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
although I've wondered if the Katon effect is strong enough to reduce his resistance enough to land it

Ninjutsu -res is pretty dogshit. -30 for 10~15s idr duration exactly, just know it's short. Compare it to a threnody which reduces it by hundreds and yeah...

Also, no idea if it can resist. After Martel's banish testing I wouldn't be shocked if it can.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-31 12:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This is pretty much what we're thinking, We just don;t think u can beat the DPS check with the 2nd KI. We'd LOVE to be proven wrong. Can't think of any possible setup that will kill a raaz either, and still have enough buffs/dps for the Main NM. Arebati has pretty much left everyone who has tried it scratching their heads from what I have seen. :/

The real secret is you have to use the corresponding SP within 1s of it using it's own SP!
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-12-31 12:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Absolute Arebati Absolutely
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 210 211 212 ... 242 243 244