Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 202 203 204 ... 242 243 244
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-12-17 21:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure any of the others (Xevioso, Ongo can be) can be killed within 1 KI but, yah. Top groups will figure out a way to win. You need a godly WHM to win in 1 KI that's for sure, he/she tanks both chapuli.

edit: this was written before the 'WS wall bug' was removed.

Since then, Ngai, Kalunga, (as well as Ongo and Xevioso) were confirmed to be killable with 1 ki
 Bahamut.Mischief
user: Mischief
By Bahamut.Mischief 2022-12-17 22:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

1 KI again, DRG RNG COR BRD GEO WHM. RNG and COR both used Armageddon and purely white damage outside of AM3 application, DRG used Shining One and Impulse Drive. We put Gallant/Choral Rolls on the WHM at the start to help with the adds - DPS check is too high to use RDM here. Confirmed that Xevioso takes 0 damage from slashing and magic, so it's likely the T3s are all immune to damage that isn't their weak point. This only really matters for Ongo and Ngai (have fun breaking the aura), but it's worth mentioning.

We didn't get 1hr reset on Wild Card this time, but auras still need to be good. The WHM's job gets extremely difficult once the second add spawns and Xevioso starts throwing Apotheosis around. On an earlier attempt, Magic Evasion Down aura wiped us almost immediately (Zombie was resisted every time without it), and Defense/Magic Defense Down auras are pretty bad too. We ended up doing 4M damage by the end and had 2 minutes remaining, though I died on RNG at about 2%.

Xevioso and Ongo are absolutely the easiest/most doable of the T3s on V25 (though still harder than any of the V20s), the others are going to be much worse and probably impossible with only 1 KI.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-12-17 22:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

More side notes: Just killed our 2nd Procne with WAR PLD RNG COR BRD RDM (attack down aura since 74% and did not kill any adds, 1 Ki) and 2nd Aristaes (1ki) with DRK WAR BRD COR GEO WHM. Henwen (1 ki) MNK WAR RDM BRD COR PLD 6+mins left on clock, both adds bound/controlled.
 Asura.Bigtymer
Server: Asura
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2022-12-17 22:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalunga V25 also takes 0 damage from all forms of damage that he's not weak to (so anything other than slashing).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-17 22:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Choral Roll is ingenious, didn't even think of that.
By Serjero 2022-12-17 23:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the exact buffs you guys have been using for these fights if you don't mind doing a breakdown.

Also any reason to use Shining One DRG over Rhongo or Shining One WAR on Xevi? Seems like it'd be a nightmare to keep the Wyvern alive to have the haste matter that much compared to Blood Rage utility for crits on Aura. Also did you have a Twash BRD engage as well?
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-12-17 23:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Wyvern did not die in this fight, Relak says, I was n't in the fight but postulating shining one over Aeonic cause they used chaos/rogue. Twash BRD was in there hitting it, I think WHM got 2-3 Minnes, march, ballad. Other buffs were normal ***, I'm assuming Fury/barrier or fury/fend.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-17 23:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Serjero said: »
What are the exact buffs you guys have been using for these fights if you don't mind doing a breakdown.

Also any reason to use Shining One DRG over Rhongo or Shining One WAR on Xevi? Seems like it'd be a nightmare to keep the Wyvern alive to have the haste matter that much compared to Blood Rage utility for crits on Aura. Also did you have a Twash BRD engage as well?

WAR and DRG probably interchangeable from a DPS standpoint. WAR advantage is Mighty Strikes, but DRG should TP faster and hit harder due to native WSD traits and overflow. Also Angon is guaranteed to land.

I've explained this before, but you can copy buffs to your wyvern to keep it alive. Carols Runeists roll baraero steady wing in the lobby then empathy it over. Won't get lost when you warp down. At minimum, you would get 2 Wyverns if you call him in the lobby and get a random deal back. COR in setup so you assume Random Deal and Wild card at some point. And there's a hefty amount of pet gear to make it tankier.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-12-18 00:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Serjero said: »

WAR and DRG probably interchangeable from a DPS standpoint. WAR advantage is Mighty Strikes, but DRG should TP faster and hit harder due to native WSD traits and overflow. Also Angon is guaranteed to land.

I've explained this before, but you can copy buffs to your wyvern to keep it alive. Carols Runeists roll baraero steady wing in the lobby then empathy it over. Won't get lost when you warp down. At minimum, you would get 2 Wyverns if you call him in the lobby and get a random deal back. COR in setup so you assume Random Deal and Wild card at some point. And there's a hefty amount of pet gear to make it tankier.

^ and regen v
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-12-18 01:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's also not too difficult to make a 102%+ SIRD Cure Midcast set for WHM. I had one for V20s that I used for Xevioso, looks like it will come in handy again here. Choral Roll will just reduce the amount of shitty pieces you have to use to cap SIRD.
By Vaerix 2022-12-18 03:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
It's also not too difficult to make a 102%+ SIRD Cure Midcast set for WHM. I had one for V20s that I used for Xevioso, looks like it will come in handy again here. Choral Roll will just reduce the amount of shitty pieces you have to use to cap SIRD.

Rostam Choral Roll with BRD in party(if wiki is to be believed):
Full caps sird with an 11,
Is 3% off from cap with Lucky,
Is 22% off from cap with 7(first non unlucky past 5)

This is without merits, as long as you roll 7+ and have merits you could probably cap with just staunch tathlum ammo, which is pretty insane, and really free's up equipment.

edit: at an 8 rostam choral with brd in party, (I have SIRD Merits)

magnetic earring alone was enough for 10 full reraise casts,

Prior to testing magnetic staunch HQ had 10 casts of reraise all uninterrupted (obv.)

halasz earring i was getting interrupted.

enemy was approximately 20-30 Apex Crabs and Jagils in doh gates, dealing 46-80 damage per hit, with whm battery keeping me alive, no solace.

so the conclusion I draw from this is The wiki numbers seem accurate for rostam potency.

+27(8 roll)
+25(bard in party)
+32(roll potency+8, 4/1)
+10(SIRD Merits)
+8(Magnetic Earring)
=102 SIRD

That would make Choral Roll absolutely amazing for a whm add tank with potency ranging from 61-107 for a roll.

Edit2: the fact that Staunch Tathlum doubles as a DT piece (albeit small)

Tested 7 roll with Staunch Tathlum HQ, 0 interrupts.
+23(7 Roll)
+25(Bard)
+32(PR+8)
+10(Merits)
+11(Staunch Tathlum HQ)
=101 SIRD

Enemy was 40 Dho Apex (Bat/Crab/Jag), had on basic phalanx(no gear) because at times hp was dropping too fast for my liking, all enemies were doing between 0-40 damage, 0's were not constant, most damage was between 1-17.

Testing was done as RUN/WHM.

ItemSet 388975

With Ammo, 1 Ring, Legs locked you need to add 24% dt to every set to basically become a fulltime tank, with full buffs like described above you'd be unstoppable(for casting) vs most of the adds except maybe mata because of stun/knockback.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-18 22:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mischief said: »
This only really matters for Ongo and Ngai (have fun breaking the aura)

WHMs, get out your clubs and join the frayction

Maybe drop COR for BLU or make BRD wear Mafic Cudgel :D
By Ruaumoko 2022-12-19 01:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

In case folks are curious.

That is the RP you get for an x3 V25 NM Amp charge.
All three NM chargers were brought to 75%.
U Bnai was also brought to 75%.
 Fenrir.Positron
Server: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-12-19 01:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

We actually already knew what the RP values would be, since we had enough information prior to version update to figure it out, but it's still good to have confirmation. I went ahead and added a table of the values people are likely to care about to the wiki page.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-19 01:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »
Rostam Choral Roll with BRD in party(if wiki is to be believed):
Full caps sird with an 11,
Is 3% off from cap with Lucky,
Is 22% off from cap with 7(first non unlucky past 5)
Am I missing something?
XI roll is 50% SIRD
+1 is 4% (number requires confirmation) so 32% with Rostam and 28% with Regal Neck
25% if you have a BRD in party.
All together for 107% with Rostam and 103% with regal neck.
Meaning you can cap SIRD with Regal Neck, with an XI, and Rostam not required.
All of this if we are to believe that 4% for +1 reported on BGwiki.

But there's also 10% you get from merits which 99% of us have, if you take that into account you can cap with a Lucky (Regal enough) or with a X (Rostam required).
Unless I *** up some math?

Would love to see more test to confirm that 4% btw.
By SimonSes 2022-12-19 02:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Am I missing something?

Its hard to tell because you don't tell what you think is a problem in his post, but I would guess you are referencing "Is 22% off from cap with 7" and by 7 he meant number you rolled not +7 to roll, so he said nothing about Rostam being or not being required or how Regel neck would do. He just ignored Regal, because Rostam is expected from anyone giving a serious try at V25.
By Ranoutofspace 2022-12-19 03:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news26874.shtml

Quote:
In the battle contents Sheol: Gaol Odyssey after Veng+21 and Sortie from sectors E to H, the damage resistance when a weapon skill is performed consecutively on a boss monster is also applied to other weapon skills.

Apparently the WS wall in Odyssey that is present in Section E~H of Sortie was unintended on Veng 21+. It's been fixed as of now according to this update.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-12-19 03:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranoutofspace said: »

Quote:
In the battle contents Sheol: Gaol Odyssey after Veng+21 and Sortie from sectors E to H, the damage resistance when a weapon skill is performed consecutively on a boss monster is also applied to other weapon skills.

Apparently the WS wall in Odyssey that is present in Section E~H of Sortie was unintended on Veng 21+. It's been fixed as of now according to this update.

Your avatar pic is a perfect comment for this.
When you think they can't fail even more...
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2022-12-19 03:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Unless I'm misunderstanding the post entirely, apparently the WS wall mechanic was only intended to be applied on repeated instances of using the same WS (similar to W3 boss in Dyna D) and is now fixed in both Gaol and Sortie.
[+]
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-12-19 04:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »

Quote:

Unless I'm misunderstanding the post entirely, apparently the WS wall mechanic was only intended to be applied on repeated instances of using the same WS (similar to W3 boss in Dyna D) and is now fixed in both Gaol and Sortie.

game changer
By Ruaumoko 2022-12-19 04:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-12-19 04:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

now the real question, does BLM get retired again in sortie now lol
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-12-19 05:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So, for those of you who were speculating as to whether SE tested the content, that makes a pretty clear "NO" for both Sortie and Odyssey V25.

Shame, it was actually looking challenging. Expect to see Bumba V25 clears today or tomorrow with that in mind.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-19 05:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow wow wow wow! Lmao

Asura.Jokes said: »
game changer
Well you still have the WS wall for single WSs. So it's not like you can go there and spam Savage Blade or whatever other WS to your heart's content.
Then again it's undeniably a huge difference and this is gonna make getting kills with 1 or 2 KIs much more accessible even to groups who don't have ideal setups/gear.
By Afania 2022-12-19 05:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
So, for those of you who were speculating as to whether SE tested the content, that makes a pretty clear "NO" for both Sortie and Odyssey V25.

Shame, it was actually looking challenging. Expect to see Bumba V25 clears today or tomorrow with that in mind.

Well...Sortie basement was out and "tested"(by the community) for quite some time, and the mechanic was already posted everywhere on the forum. so it should have been addressed earlier if it's intended to work differently.

I wonder if it's actually a "nerf" based on player's progression and reaction.

Edit: or maybe it's indeed a bug, but they decided to ignore it for sortie because it's an easier content. Then change their mind for Odyssey.
 Fenrir.Svens
Server: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2022-12-19 06:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

They probably saw first week metrics being much lower than expected and changed it accordingly given that this existed so long for sortie. Given this update was pushed Monday in Japan, they probably saw that there was only 1 clear on Ongo and Xevioso over the weekend, reviewed the battle log, and realized they made a mistake.

The NMs still probably have -100% DT against non-weakness attacks though, so Ongo will still remain the same as before for the most part, and Bumba's denounce timer will be around 1-1.5 minutes, so I wouldn't expect everyone to be rocking V30 Nyame by next update.

As for sortie, that's gonna be a mixed bag. You can't exactly WS freely due to elemental absorb from misc skillchains going off, but can't spam only 1 WS. People might coordinate WS so that none of them improperly skillchain with each other, but magic setup is pretty easy as is.
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-12-19 06:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So the way I understand the change is that let's say we have a party of cor brd drg war all using naegling.

The first Savage blade goes off, for 10s all following Savage blades do what we've come to see from the "ws wall" and each ws continues to wall other Savage blades.

5s later they all Savage blade again and all of the damage is garbo.

Same party naeg cor, Twash brd, Trish drg, chango war.

Party all weaponskills simultaneously.
Cor does Savage blade for full damage, for 10s any other Savage blades will be walled
Brd does rudra's for full damage, for 10s any other rudra's storms will be walled
DRG does stardiver for full damage, for 10s any other stardiver will be walled.
War does upheaval for full damage, for 10s any other upheaval will be walled.

5 seconds elapsed
Cor does requiescat(lol) for full damage, for 10s any other requiescat will be walled. 5s remain on Savage wall.
Brd does evisceration for full damage, for 10s any other evisceration will be walled. 5s remain on rudra's wall.
DRG does impulse drive for full damage, for 10s any other impulse drive will be walled. 5s remain on stardiver wall
War does armor break for full damage, for 10s any other armor break will be walled. 5s remain on upheaval wall.

8 ws's in 5 seconds for max damage, vs what would have been 1 max ws and 7 wiffs basically before the "fix". Atleast this is what I thought they meant they fixed
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-12-19 07:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

They just trolled everyone, oh well, they were still beatable with the WS wall, made things interesting to say the least lol.
[+]
By Bakerboy 2022-12-19 07:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
They just trolled everyone, oh well, they were still beatable with the WS wall, made things interesting to say the least lol.

They stripped us of our biggest challenge in a long time :(
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 202 203 204 ... 242 243 244