The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 197 198 199 ... 242 243 244
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-14 13:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
The question will be if we can deal 25% to Ongo fast enough (AF AC Night Terror?) to have the time to kill Procne with a MS Warcry zerg.

I'm almost positive Gaol bosses have the Blood Pact wall, so it wouldn't work for them.

KujahFoxfire said: »
Guyford said: »
Wait, do the T3 adds have damage type resistances? The other adds didn't.

I'm making a bit of an assumption but the T3 adds are just the T2s with a different name so i'm assuming same resistances.

Actually, he might be right. On the T1s last night, I didn't notice my Savage or Rudra's storms from BRD to be any lower than they would on any other mob with no native resistance. They might just be copies in form only and be completely naked as far as resistance goes. That would actually make a lot of the T3s easier if you can just take 3 min to zerg them down. Also, they don't SP either, so you can go all out on them without much fear.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-12-14 14:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
That would actually make a lot of the T3s easier if you can just take 3 min to zerg them down.

Without full buffs, there isn't much 'zerging' to be had. It takes like 3 minutes to kill an easy one WITH soul voice songs and COR rolls. If you are fighting adds without the big time buffs (which would be required to kill the actual boss), I anticipate it taking at least 6 minutes, maybe more when you start getting encumbered and amnesia'd to hell. Maybe RDM/GEO/DNC could be enough haste, attack, and defense down to deal with the add in a timely manner, but it would unlikely be in the same phone as taking boss from 100% to 74%.

Maybe I'm just bad, but killing adds has never felt like a "burn'em down quick" type of ordeal. I feel like trying to cram the 100% to 74% stretch WITH killing the first add is just not happenin' without BRD and COR or GEO and you would need those jobs for phone #3 if you want any chance of winning.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-14 14:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The question will be if we can deal 25% to Ongo fast enough (AF AC Night Terror?) to have the time to kill Procne with a MS Warcry zerg.

I'm almost positive Gaol bosses have the Blood Pact wall, so it wouldn't work for them.

Guyford said: »
Wait, do the T3 adds have damage type resistances? The other adds didn't.

I'm making a bit of an assumption but the T3 adds are just the T2s with a different name so i'm assuming same resistances.

Actually, he might be right. On the T1s last night, I didn't notice my Savage or Rudra's storms from BRD to be any lower than they would on any other mob with no native resistance. They might just be copies in form only and be completely naked as far as resistance goes. That would actually make a lot of the T3s easier if you can just take 3 min to zerg them down. Also, they don't SP either, so you can go all out on them without much fear.

T1 and T2 adds are just regular monsters without damage resistances. Tier 3 adds' (V20) are copies of the T2 bosses complete with damage resistances and HP. This discussion was had back when they released V20, between kill or ignore the add, we ignored them because of their huge HP pool and damage resistances.

But since they don't respawn, 10s WS wall, and 2nd add having huge regen, it might be prudent to kill first.

Depending on the add, killing in a quasi buffed zerg isn't that big a deal. Since SAM's roll isn't as important anymore, it might be better to have the COR on the first team and then use Warcry + Random Deal + MS + Wildcard type stuff to delete the add and spend the remaining time bringing the main down as low as possible.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-14 14:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
That would actually make a lot of the T3s easier if you can just take 3 min to zerg them down.

Without full buffs, there isn't much 'zerging' to be had. It takes like 3 minutes to kill an easy one WITH soul voice songs and COR rolls. If you are fighting adds without the big time buffs (which would be required to kill the actual boss), I anticipate it taking at least 6 minutes, maybe more when you start getting encumbered and amnesia'd to hell. Maybe RDM/GEO/DNC could be enough haste, attack, and defense down to deal with the add in a timely manner, but it would unlikely be in the same phone as taking boss from 100% to 74%.

Maybe I'm just bad, but killing adds has never felt like a "burn'em down quick" type of ordeal. I feel like trying to cram the 100% to 74% stretch WITH killing the first add is just not happenin' without BRD and COR or GEO and you would need those jobs for phone #3 if you want any chance of winning.

This is the issue I see happening on the T3s, the buffs to kill the add in a timely manner are the same buffs you need to kill the boss. You restrict yourself even more if using 1hrs on the add too. Extending to 3 KIs, (100 to 74 -> Add -> boss push) limits you even further on actually having meaningful copositions, not to mention by the time the add dies, the boss is probably going to be near full HP after 10-15 mins of fighting the add.

Ehh we've killed several T2's with non-optimal jobs in our 3 boss rush modes. The bigger issue is dealing 25% damage to the boss and having the extra damage types available, really depends on what jobs people have. Unlike most everyone else, our team actually tried to get the 2nd and 3rd fights as low as possible if not outright winning them. There is a whole world of additional buffs / debuffs that are ignored in favor the top three.

Are there any iLevel slashing H2H for MNK? There used to be awhile back.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-14 14:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends what you bring to the fight to compensate for those "full buffs" not being available. If AFAC works, Bolster Frailty Dia3 and Box step might just allow you to take the add out with less effort than a real T2. Also, I think you are underestimating the buffs that the "lesser" support provide. You may only really be missing Samurai's Roll on a "B team". You still get haste2/Entrust Haste, Indi-Fury/Geo frailty or GEO STR, Box Step, Defense Down, and Dia 3. You also get to take stronger jobs in a B team like WAR, DRG, RNG, DRK, DNC etc.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-14 14:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

not to mention by the time the add dies, the boss is probably going to be near full HP after 10-15 mins of fighting the add.

But that's fine, because the goal here is to take out the first add, so you have a full fifteen minutes on the second run to completely take out the boss. In that case, the V25 fight on the second fight turns into an exact copy of the V20 fight with maybe a little more health, except the add should pop at 40% instead of 75%, which is a lot better time of the fight to ignore an add.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-14 14:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't Frailty (and all debuff bubbles) get 50% reduced potency on T3+ Odyssey?
I guess it hasn't been tested if this works on the adds as well.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-14 14:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Doesn't Frailty (and all debuff bubbles) get 50% reduced potency on T3+ Odyssey?

That's why I included GEO-STR as a secondary buff option to go with Fury, if Frailty is resisted. It might still be worth using either way, if you need attack or if you are willing to burn bolster on a person who wouldn't be using their SP1 on the second fight (like the tank)
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-12-14 14:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

an exact copy of the V20 fight with maybe a little more health
except the ws wall
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-14 14:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

It's -75% on the bosses, not sure about the adds. If they work on the adds then that solves one of the issues.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-14 14:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
except the ws wall

I had Ongo on the brain because we started talking about Ongo and Procne builds, where the WS wall wouldn't be a factor because you're bursting. Your correction is valid.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-14 14:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
except the ws wall

I had Ongo on the brain because we started talking about Ongo and Procne builds, where the WS wall wouldn't be a factor because you're bursting. Your correction is valid.

Ignore Bumba since that's a completely different discussion. Of the six T3's Aribati and Ongo aren't really effected by the 10s wall leaving only Kalunga, Xevioso, Ngai and Mboze. The first three we can clear with 5+ minutes remaining, I've had over 6 with Xevioso before. The second add's regen is what is going to make those three hard, though some folks might be able to push through even that. Mboze rampart method won't really be viable with the 10s wall, so it's back to the TP denial method and that is a nail biter though I've won it with over 3min before. Su5 Ninja works wonders on this guy as they give almost no TP and deal great damage, just need to bring a SCH + BLM to take out the add (maybe also GEO).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-14 14:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Xevioso Piercing, add Slashing
Arebati Piercing, add Blunt
Ngai Blunt, add Magic
Mboze Slashing, add Magic
Kalunga Slashing, add Blunt
Ongo Magic, add Piercing

Someone will have to confirm if the T3 V25 adds have a damage resistance or not because right now, we don't know if this is the case or not.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-14 14:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah and they changed V25s in a few ways, so should double check first to see if it's even necessary to build for a comp in that way to clear an add as they may have changed V25 adds specificall. The same way we should double check if AFAC or Blood Pact walls exist for adds, because that opens up AFAC as an option to quickly rid them
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-14 15:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah and they changed V25s in a few ways, so should double check first to see if it's even necessary to build for a comp in that way to clear an add as they may have changed V25 adds specificall. The same way we should double check if AFAC or Blood Pact walls exist for adds, because that opens up AFAC as an option to quickly rid them

Yes we should verify, I really hope they did change the adds to not have any damage resistances. Since hope isn't a viable strategy I'm planning on them being the same, cause this is SE and they be *** that way. Heck I hope they also reduced their HP to be more like T1/2 adds and not the bloated values of T2 bosses.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-12-14 19:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing to note is that Gog appears to rotate between 3 different 2hrs: Blood Weapon, Hundred Fists, and Mighty Strikes. There doesn't appear to be a consistent order when he uses one or the other, I didn't see him repeat any of them, but he definitely used Hundred Fists at 75% at least once, followed by Mighty Strikes at 40%.

Point being, you may need to bind and run at 40% also. His Hundred Fists was weak though and tanking it was no issue.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-14 20:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

He gains access to Noahionto, Stygian Release, and Villainous Rebuke under SP, which at least the first one can one shot your whole party and the other two can hit pretty badly to the targets, so binding it at 74% + 40% is definitely the preferred method.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-12-15 01:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Gogmagog has always rotated between those three possible SPs. Now we just see two of them. Buukki already covered the basic way to handle them, but there is one more consideration. If you plan to be fighting the baby Gogmagogs, be aware that they have access to, at the very least, Noahionto, and can kill your whole party easily. I can't speak to their capability to use Stygian Release or Villainous Rebuke, but I wouldn't be surprised if they could.
By Vaerix 2022-12-15 03:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
Gogmagog has always rotated between those three possible SPs. Now we just see two of them. Buukki already covered the basic way to handle them, but there is one more consideration. If you plan to be fighting the baby Gogmagogs, be aware that they have access to, at the very least, Noahionto, and can kill your whole party easily. I can't speak to their capability to use Stygian Release or Villainous Rebuke, but I wouldn't be surprised if they could.

Are you saying the have access to this at all times or just when boss is in 1hr? Because I'll be glad we didn't get wrecked killing the first one if it's at all times.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-12-15 03:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »
Asura.Hya said: »

Are you saying the have access to this at all times or just when boss is in 1hr? Because I'll be glad we didn't get wrecked killing the first one if it's at all times.
Gogmagog Prime did not have his SP active at the time the baby Gogmagog used Noahionto. We took a bit of time to kill it and did not dispel it at all so usage may be time or buff or luck based
By SimonSes 2022-12-15 04:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on the add, killing in a quasi buffed zerg isn't that big a deal. Since SAM's roll isn't as important anymore, it might be better to have the COR on the first team and then use Warcry + Random Deal + MS + Wildcard type stuff to delete the add and spend the remaining time bringing the main down as low as possible.

Thinking on the T3s specifically the damage types required are:

Xevioso Piercing, add Slashing
Arebati Piercing, add Blunt
Ngai Blunt, add Magic
Mboze Slashing, add Magic
Kalunga Slashing, add Blunt
Ongo Magic, add Piercing

Doing 25% to the boss AND having a comp to kill the add in one KI is a big ask here. If you spread to 3x KI it may be more manageble but asking alot of flexibility, knowledge and gear of the team, which I guess is maybe the point. I'm not even sure where I'd begin putting together 18 jobs for any of these and spreading buffs/1hrs.

The problem is not only to do 25% to boss, but also to hold the boss while you are killing the add.

That being said

Xevioso teamB:
RDM, PLD, WAR, COR, SCH, RUN (indi fury and indi haste from lobby)
WAR Shining One (Impulse Drive at 2500+ every 10sec+)
COR Armageddon (Chaos+Rogue)
RUN Valliance and One for All to reduce damage
PLD Aoe cures to support Regen V healing
RDM Dia III, Distract III and other debuffs
SCH Embrava (remember to recast Embrava at the end of Tabula for longer duration) + Regen V and healer stuff

When add pops:
WAR Savage
COR Savage (change Rogue to SAM)
RDM Savage after all the debuffs, Stymie+Saboteur Bind Xevioso (to give RUN extra time to build hate and just for extra safe time)
PLD Savage and tank Chapuli
RUN kiting Xevioso
SCH healer duty

If you can kill add with some time remaining, go damage xevioso little more.

Team A:
DNC Climactic/Building Rudra, SPII at 40%
RNG Armageddon white damage, SPII at 40%
GEO Fury+Frailty (Barrier and Bolster at 40%)
WHM DiaII + Auspice + healing
BRD SV Honor+CarolII+Scherzo+MinneV+MinuetV (remember to recast for ~14min duration)
SMN Hastega, Sforzo, Wind's Blessing etc. then stay on Siren for SBII and Hysteric Barrage

SMN in this setup can be something else, but I think SMN is greatly prefered. Sforzo (Earthen Armor not Sforzo ofc) + Scherzo makes one shot almost impossible I think, Subtle blow II from favor will put both DNC and RNG on or close to 75 SB with Auspice (and RNG using 21SB in set). This will make TP move much less frequent and hate reset shouldt happen fast enough for xevioso to go for backline. BAckline should still have 50% DT idle and WHM DT healing set.
RNG needs 50%DT midshot set here, so ideally Empy legs/hands/head + dring + -5%DTcape, that's 47% at +2 empy and 50% at +3. Also Subtle blow from Empy head and Chirich ring. Shadowbind add to get and extra time to setup Bolster and start the zerg from 40%.
Frailty, even nerfed will be at -10%, which together with -23% from box step and -15% from Dia II will give 48% def down.
DNC just do all the steps + buffed Rudra and SPII at 40% to zerg Xevioso down asap (SP2 WS spam with Climactic wont work here ofc, so instead of using Grand Pas charges for Reverse flourish, you use it to reset Climactic 3 times and melee for TP and WS every 10 sec).
SMN renew buffs before they go down if necessary (I would suggest stop damage then and do it before 40% if you notice they might drop during last 40%). You can also Perfect Defense at 25% I guess.

Ideally what should be done is get team C with PUP (tanking + DD) + BST + whatever else that can do some damage and try to do whatever you can, so team A can start from as low HP% as possible. This will also let SPs to get of cooldown naturally (~14m in fight1 + ~14min in lobby + 15min in fight 2 + 2m in fight3 gives 45min) if you fail to wild card in lobby on people who doesnt need to use SPs.

I will try to figure out other A3 later.

EDIT: WAR in teamB can also be SAM(shining for xevioso and Masa for Chapuli) or DRG(Shining for Xevioso and Naegling for Chapuli) or even THF (Twashtar for Xevioso and Naegling for Chapuli)
By Vaerix 2022-12-15 08:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Simon Post

So did your team test any non-A2 Resistances in any attempt? Or just Savage seemed easiest particularly because it's the slashing weakness?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-12-15 08:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Of the six T3's Aribati and Ongo aren't really effected by the 10s wall leaving only Kalunga, Xevioso, Ngai and Mboze.

Wait, what? Arebati isn't affected by the WS wall? Are you not using any WS on Arebati, just white damage from shooting? Because for every run I've been on, we've been using WS every 2 seconds on both COR and RNG.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-12-15 09:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Wait, what? Arebati isn't affected by the WS wall? Are you not using any WS on Arebati, just white damage from shooting? Because for every run I've been on, we've been using WS every 2 seconds on both COR and RNG.

I could see Arebati being impacted less by the WS wall, but obviously the WS wall still exists here. COR damage is kinda fart noise to begin with, they can just stop WSing. Even a state-of-the-art COR is barely pushing 30% overall damage on an Arebati. The RNG is the star of the show. A bulk of RNG damage is white damage/empyrean crits. The RNG would definitely want to be the one WSing every 10 seconds though, which isn't even necessarily a bad thing, as you would end up getting 2500+ TP for every WS. And you can use Rogue's Roll now instead of Samurai.

Though, RNG and damage in general won't be the problem with Arebati. It'll be the two pigs from Hell running roughshod on your bootyhole.
By SimonSes 2022-12-15 09:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I could see Arebati being impacted less by the WS wall, but obviously the WS wall still exists here. COR damage is kinda fart noise to begin with, they can just stop WSing. Even a state-of-the-art COR is barely pushing 30% overall damage on an Arebati. The RNG is the star of the show. A bulk of RNG damage is white damage/empyrean crits. The RNG would definitely want to be the one WSing every 10 seconds though, which isn't even necessarily a bad thing, as you would end up getting 2500+ TP for every WS. And you can use Rogue's Roll now instead of Samurai.

Though, RNG and damage in general won't be the problem with Arebati. It'll be the two pigs from Hell running roughshod on your bootyhole.

RNG shouldnt WS. COR should.
RNG not WSing is still massive DPS. COR should WS, because it looses much more damage not WSing. Also the even more important thing is hate. If you let RNG do 90% of damage (and it will be like that with COR not WSing), then you will reach hate cap twice (before and after Caper Emissarius) on RNG and you will die in worst moment. It was already a close call at V20.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-15 09:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Of the six T3's Aribati and Ongo aren't really effected by the 10s wall leaving only Kalunga, Xevioso, Ngai and Mboze.

Most of the damage on Arribati is going to be RNG and COR with AM3 up. Ranged doesn't get TP nearly as fast as melee so holding TP every 10s just means the RNG gets a near capped WS. As belkin said the real issue is two henwins running around, though I'm thinking I got a solid way to fix that but will have to wait and see.
First Page 2 3 ... 197 198 199 ... 242 243 244